• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

So yeah I'm learning to charger. So far I know to not aim at an opponent except for the actual shot, that bombs are my friend, and that Damage Ups can be pretty rad when some nob is in your face but aren't necessary unless you're using the E-Liter in which case you should definitely have some Damage Ups.

So far I think it might fit my playstyle better than the roller but I'm gonna need to practice more to get some consistency. Anyone got any tips?

So yeah I'm learning to charger. So far I know to not aim at an opponent except for the actual shot, that bombs are my friend, and that Damage Ups can be pretty rad when some nob is in your face but aren't necessary unless you're using the E-Liter in which case you should definitely have some Damage Ups.

So far I think it might fit my playstyle better than the roller but I'm gonna need to practice more to get some consistency. Anyone got any tips?

Try not to stay in one place too long. It is a critical flaw of mine that gets me splatted frequently, because people remember I'm there and then Inkzooka me.

Also, have fun sniping jumpers!

That is indeed rewarding!

One thing I'm having immense troubles is sniping people moving sideways. Quick shots miss regularly, sometimes longer aiming helps but it's not bulletproof either - far from it. Hints for that?

Not sure. Are they looking at you? If they're moving in a straight line, they're easy to hit, but anyone explicitly dodging you will always be difficult. I find chargers (except the Elitre, lol Burst Bombs) need to wait for an opportunity to hit, especially in close quarters. This is of course why they're so vulnerable if you can't get the distance between you and the opponent. The opportunity can be really tiny- they jump while dodging you or pop up for a second to shoot, and then you know where they are and can get them with twitch aiming. It takes a good amount of practice to be able to aim that fast, though, and I'm not really sure what the best way to practice is. For me, I finally figured it out when I ended up in a room full of single digits. They move slower than more experienced players and functioned as "training wheels" to help me understand how people move and how to aim in a hurry. I needed that easier step to figure it out, because trying to learn straight on the quick players wasn't working for me.

Nico_D

Not sure. Are they looking at you?

Not necessarily. I can hit stationary targets almost 90% of the time with easy but when ever some is moving, I think I start to panic that they're getting to me or getting out of view and I miss.

One thing I've noticed - I think - is that my right-handedness plays a part in this. When someone is moving to the right, no problem, my crosshair and they meet up in the middle. But when they're moving to the left, I start from the right and play catch-up.

It also think I have to release the trigger just a moment before they hit the crosshair.

Not necessarily. I can hit stationary targets almost 90% of the time with easy but when ever some is moving, I think I start to panic that they're getting to me or getting out of view and I miss.

One thing I've noticed - I think - is that my right-handedness plays a part in this. When someone is moving to the right, no problem, my crosshair and they meet up in the middle. But when they're moving to the left, I start from the right and play catch-up.

It also think I have to release the trigger just a moment before they hit the crosshair.

Are you playing with twin sticks? The way you describe "playing catch up" doesn't make sense to me with gyro because there you use both hands.

And I've never really tested it, but I think you want to release when they're in the crosshair, actually. Charger shots travel so fast they nearly teleport.

Nico_D

Are you playing with twin sticks? The way you describe "playing catch up" doesn't make sense to me with gyro because there you use both hands.

And I've never really tested it, but I think you want to release when they're in the crosshair, actually. Charger shots travel so fast they nearly teleport.

Gyro. It's in my mind probably.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll continue practicing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just saw someone in the GAF match make a jump in the middle of the map on Camp Triggerfish from their side to ours. I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me but I'm pretty sure it just happened. I tried to do the same thing and didn't come close

SM239

I just saw someone in the GAF match make a jump in the middle of the map on Camp Triggerfish from their side to ours. I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me but I'm pretty sure it just happened. I tried to do the same thing and didn't come close

That was me and Azure. We were practicing that yesterday.

Top Bottom