• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Robotguy

I just saw someone in the GAF match make a jump in the middle of the map on Camp Triggerfish from their side to ours. I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me but I'm pretty sure it just happened. I tried to do the same thing and didn't come close
It's possible, but tricky.

ChrisD

This talk about sniping, aiming, and tactics. Meanwhile I'm over here buying the Luna Cannon since I'm sick of aiming (and missing!) the Tentatek.

An actual practice range would go a loooong way in this game. Surely I can't be the only one who needs it to figure out new weapons without the stress of the target wanting to kill you.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That was me and Azure. We were practicing that yesterday.

Yeah, it was right at the beginning of the match. I was like "what the hell? How did that happen?" I tried it a little later in the match the way I saw it happen and didn't even come close.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If that last match was an Aerospray RG match, sorry, I haven't even bought the weapon. Didn't want to leave the match and go buy it.

These trolls I swear. We had the lead on saltspray and my teammates decided to head to the giant platform to time it out. I must say i never thought i'd see that.

Nico_D

These trolls I swear. We had the lead on saltspray and my teammates decided to head to the giant platform to time it out. I must say i never thought i'd see that.

I saw one guy - Joe I think his name was - prancing around Port Mackerel, turning and spinning while walking and jumping to the top of the containers.

It wasn't funny until Doc Alba joined him.

So yeah I'm learning to charger. So far I know to not aim at an opponent except for the actual shot, that bombs are my friend, and that Damage Ups can be pretty rad when some nob is in your face but aren't necessary unless you're using the E-Liter in which case you should definitely have some Damage Ups.

So far I think it might fit my playstyle better than the roller but I'm gonna need to practice more to get some consistency. Anyone got any tips?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1073776&page=85

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1073776&page=284

Some earlier discussion.

This talk about sniping, aiming, and tactics. Meanwhile I'm over here buying the Luna Cannon since I'm sick of aiming (and missing!) the Tentatek.

An actual practice range would go a loooong way in this game. Surely I can't be the only one who needs it to figure out new weapons without the stress of the target wanting to kill you.
Have you tried the test room? You can try out weapons by pressing Y on a weapon in Ammo Knights or in your equip screen.

Azure J

No subs, chargers only rooms...

b2mUrOc.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm sorry but Vert picking weapons other than charger and random ink strikes going off in the middle of the matches has me cracking me up

Geg

Today was my first time actually using a brush as a serious weapon in that ninja brush game. How do you guys spam the trigger to attack so quick? For me it just felt sluggish compared to everyone else

Jintor

I can't use the rapid fire weapons like the brush or the splosher or even the nozzle nose. It just hurts my fingers too much.

MouldyK

For once I want to actually get close to winning a Rainmaker Match...

EDIT: 30 Second Match...we lost...again.

EDIT 2: I got it down to 7...my team disappeared defensively and they ran it all the way back to us.

EDIT 3: After 10 losses, I have won!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol Yeah. I figured he'd get the idea after a few games but nope lol

Still got a lot of good practice with the charger in. Not even close to how quick and precise some on GAF are but I got a good feel of when to release and just overall practice with quickness of my aim.

I feel more comfortable on some maps like Walleye Warehouse and Port Mackerel. I have no idea what I'm doing on Urchin Underpass. Can't seem to find a good spot to get comfortable in on that map.

Playing Squiffer in a room of all Splatterscopes was great. Thanks for the fun. =D

My evasive techniques died down after Port though. =(

Azure J

So yeah, GGs to everyone that stopped by the stream and those that squadded up with me. :D

I have a bunch of moments to go and upload to YouTube after tonight's stream (and yesterday's actually), but I had to fast track this one to continue showing off my absurd luck with a charger:

When you're ready for Kindergarten, but you're MLG as hell

Pardon the decidedly stale looks, I was grinding gear out/unlocking subs the entire duration of me squadding with these guys. But yeah, this in combination with the Rainmaker hype videos from yesterday has made my weekend playing this game.

The all charger private room was an absolute joy to play with everyone. If anything, I'm legit interested in hosting that (and all [insert class], no subs or specials] rooms more often as sort of a training dojo for said classes in the future.

It was also pretty fun dealing with Vert's controlled mayhem as a sort of outlier to consider in between all the frenetic dueling.

Still got a lot of good practice with the charger in. Not even close to how quick and precise some on GAF are but I got a good feel of when to release and just overall practice with quickness of my aim.

I feel more comfortable on some maps like Walleye Warehouse and Port Mackerel. I have no idea what I'm doing on Urchin Underpass. Can't seem to find a good spot to get comfortable in on that map.

New Underpass is a stage that feels like it should be more easily understood by myself but I still have no real strats for outside of "take the longest route around or shortest route through" when approaching enemies.

I think Azure and BlueSilver have been talking about hosting target practice games for chargers. Maybe they can help?

Yeah, and I'm actually expanding it to all [class type goes here] too so I can crib notes off other people's playstyles and learn roller class legit now. :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My favourite moment in Rainmaker yesterday was managing to distract the enemy so they didn't even notice the guy with the 'maker was slowly making his way to the podium.

That and the one time I basically solo'd the whole journey and won.

But it was tough. Went down one rank and so had to slowly crawl my way back up again.

Nico_D

Thanks Kas for the games!

Except that the suspense was almost killing me, so was the lag those last two matches. And not even that but what the what was going on in that last match? The shortest route wasn't good enough for the Japanese Rainmaker carrier - he had to move it again and again to the left side of Bluefin Depot and then die there. Again and again. I painted him the way to the shorter route and up the wall and when I watched back... he wasn't there.

Anyway, it was really fun. Thanks!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks Kas for the games!

Except that the suspense was almost killing me, so was the lag those last two matches. And not even that but what the what was going on in that last match? The shortest route wasn't good enough for the Japanese Rainmaker carrier - he had to move it again and again to the left side of Bluefin Depot and then die there. Again and again. I painted him the way to the shorter route and up the wall and when I watched back... he wasn't there.

Anyway, it was really fun. Thanks!

Yeah, GGs, that was my first time really playing Rainmaker. I played a couple of matches the night it came out but that's about it. So the first few times on Bluefin I didn't really know where to go. We were taking it up the ramp but I think it's quicker if you can take them up the ledges that lead right to their base. Same on Walleye I was figuring it out as we were playing.

That last match we lost by 2 our teammate took the Rainmaker close to our base as opposed to pushing forward for some reason.

I like Rainmaker but I think I like TC more.

Anyways GGs

Jintor

my band of randoms managed to let the enemy team run back the distance in literally the last 5 seconds of a wallhouse match by leaving the right corridor unblocked. morons

Nico_D

We were taking it up the ramp but I think it's quicker if you can take them up the ledges that lead right to their base.

That's true, though up the middle ledges is a bit harder to maneuver while they're are bombing everywhere. I haven't seen it done yet. I don't actually know what the route from the left, I've always taken it - and seen it being taken - from the right.

That last match we lost by 2 our teammate took the Rainmaker close to our base as opposed to pushing forward for some reason.

Yep, I saw that too. Of all the stupid things someone can do while the enemy is away, that takes the cake. In the time it took him move the Rainmaker there we could've gotten it at least to the bottom of the staircase at the enemy base. [/quote]

I like Rainmaker but I think I like TC more.

Rainmaker is so new still, there's a lot of people online who don't have a faintest clue how to play it. I'm starting to really, really enjoy it, I've been in some very good matches with good Rainmaker players. But yeah, Tower Control is still my favorite too.

Btw, I was so close getting to A+ during our matches. Does not matter otherwise but I've seen that I'm starting to get better team mates now that I'm on A.

Makes playing with randoms more fun.

MouldyK

Btw, I was so close getting to A+ during our matches. Does not matter otherwise but I've seen that I'm starting to get better team mates now that I'm on A.

Makes playing with randoms more fun.

Rainmaker has pushed me from B to C+ and dropping. Players seem to get worse.

MouldyK

This is way faster than the 2 side paths, yet I haven't seen anyone using it

Also you can't pick the Rainmaker then go back in your base to camp, the spawn shield will prevent you to enter.

I did that just now!

I was like "All the combat is on the left side, so i'll just make a path on the right while they ain't looking"...and when I got the Rainmaker, I immediately Squidded to my path and went straight to the goal.

The E-Liter 3K guarding didn't stand a chance. ;D

It should be quite easy for you to get back from there. But those bad streaks suck, I'm waiting when mine starts.

Should be, but I am finding more fun even when I lose by using the Nozzlenose. Seems to be my Rainmaker Weapon.

Jintor

finally, gloriously carried from A+ to S \o/

You and meeeeeeeeee, we're gonna be togetherrrrrrrrrr~

Anyone got any more squid lyrics?

Mohonky

Done. I am in Aus so no idea what connection will be like.

Nintendo really needs an invite function for freinds etc. quite annoying.

Top Bottom