• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Africanus

What weapons do people play with on Rainmaker?

Anyone using a different weapon than normal?

I use two different weapons in the .52 gal and Aerospray MG for seekers. Many people are overly focused with the Rainmaker/ defending it that they are unable to avoid them. And the seeker makes a handy track for the rainmaker holder.

Aerospray pops the bubble faster, while .52 gal has high damage and longer range.

So very close to saying "fuck rainmaker" and just waiting for splat zones and tower ride. Only played 1 out of like 15 matches where my team comes to help once we have it.

Nico_D

Port Mackerel: How the hell does an enemy get to my zone's balcony without going through the spawn? Can you jump on top of the containers? But as far as I recall, both the sideways we not colored in enemy ink.

Razmos

Top notch matchmaking game, really, putting an S+ rank level 39 player in with a bunch of B ranks, they absolutely dominated us.

Haven't touched it for weeks now. What's the verdict on the update?
One of the following:
-More Splatoon. New BGM, two new weapon types, squid girl costume (more shop rng or paying through the nose with Spyke), rainmaker mode (this can be a very hard mode to win if your team doesn't work with you, everyone running for the rainmaker just makes one ball to be targeted but being spread apart leaves you venerable), plus squads (which some are using as a cheesy way to keep their S rank forever).
-"the connection is unstable" happening most matches has completely broken the game.

The latter is rare but I'm worried it is being pushed under the carpet (especially as I'm part of that group...at least for now, found out I'm getting a line upgrade in a few weeks time which could help as this line is not great but that doesn't explain why the game worked fine before)

Also if it ist weeks then I guess you've not seen Camp Triggerfish or Moray Towers. Two challenging but interesting stages to play in. Moray Towers is particularly sniper heavy for example.

foltzie1

Level 20 finally. Turns out leveling up takes a while if you can only squeeze in a few rounds after putting he little one to bed.

rainmaker is amazing and squads are amaaaaazing

One of the following:
-More Splatoon. New BGM, two new weapon types, squid girl costume (more shop rng or paying through the nose with Spyke), rainmaker mode (this can be a very hard mode to win if your team doesn't work with you, everyone running for the rainmaker just makes one ball to be targeted but being spread apart leaves you venerable), plus squads (which some are using as a cheesy way to keep their S rank forever).
-"the connection is unstable" happening most matches has completely broken the game.

The latter is rare but I'm worried it is being pushed under the carpet (especially as I'm part of that group...at least for now, found out I'm getting a line upgrade in a few weeks time which could help as this line is not great but that doesn't explain why the game worked fine before)

Also if it ist weeks then I guess you've not seen Camp Triggerfish or Moray Towers. Two challenging but interesting stages to play in. Moray Towers is particularly sniper heavy for example.

Thank you. Will try it later tonight.

Looks like it's 26 now. I forgot that you don't get rank points in squads when you're S rank, I kept wondering what was going on :lol

Now for my rant about random ranked. What is the point of kicking players out of the lobbies when you rank up if the game still has mixed lobbies? It took me forever to win the last game that I need to rank up last night because every time I got into the last game I was put into an unbalanced team with S/A+ ranks on the other side.

I rather the game start with 3vs3 or 2vs2 than having different ranks mixed in the normal ranked mode. It makes ranks pointless if everyone get mixed into the same lobbies anyway. Now squads is a different story, I really like that you can have all kinds of mixed teams there.

Edit: OK, glad to see I'm not the only one blind to splat bombs. I'm picking up a weapon with those as soon as possible >.>

Doorman

Now for my rant about random ranked. What is the point of kicking players out of the lobbies when you rank up if the game still has mixed lobbies? [...]

I think that the game generally tries to find a match that's about to start with players around your own rank, but after a certain amount of time it just seems to say "fuck it" and will sometimes throw you into whatever match is available. I get the point of booting you from a current lobby, since if you happened to be a good player they wouldn't want you to stick around and victimize a room full of C folks for easy ranking points, but you're right that it doesn't exactly excuse the wonky matchmaking at times. All along the way it seems like they've been building the matchmaking system for this kind of tentatively, since early on they probably weren't sure what sort of a consistent playing population they'd have.

I think that the game generally tries to find a match that's about to start with players around your own rank, but after a certain amount of time it just seems to say "fuck it" and will sometimes throw you into whatever match is available. I get the point of booting you from a current lobby, since if you happened to be a good player they wouldn't want you to stick around and victimize a room full of C folks for easy ranking points, but you're right that it doesn't exactly excuse the wonky matchmaking at times. All along the way it seems like they've been building the matchmaking system for this kind of tentatively, since early on they probably weren't sure what sort of a consistent playing population they'd have.

Well that's what I mean though, I wasn't in a lower ranked lobby. The lobby that I was in at the time was mixed with higher and lower ranks, I ranked up and then got dumped into another mixed lobby when I rejoined :/

Dumb.

Most of the night if I played more than a single all B+ ranked match the next match would be in a mixed lobby. I kept quitting and rejoining so I'd be in lobbies with other players my rank but towards the end it didn't matter how many times I left and rejoined, the lobby I'd get would be mixed. It seemed like it was intentional to make it harder to rank up. Fortunately I managed to get on some good teams in a few of those matches and we were able to beat the teams with higher ranked players so I could move on.

Razmos

Yooooo
WVW69iS8KZoBl_Sz02

Thanks Spyke!

Also if it is an order it would cost 100,000. Which is still likely to cheaper than trying yourself. Apparently said orders only happen 0.5% of the time.
That's what shocked me, I thought he went crazy and gave a discount >.>

I have Spyke looking for 3 different pieces of gear with matching skills now and I don't have enough funds to buy a single one in the unlikely event that he comes through this time.

Razmos

Just played a Tower Control game where me and another guy were both using the Luna Blaster, we rode the tower all the way to their goal, keeping two mines on the tower at all times on opposite sides and killing anyone who got in our way, all while spamming "Nice!" at each other, it was awesome.

Just played a Tower Control game where me and another guy were both using the Luna Blaster, we rode the tower all the way to their goal, keeping two mines on the tower at all times on opposite sides and killing anyone who got in our way, all while spamming "Nice!" at each other, it was awesome.

As a Luna Blaster this is what I dream about :3

Just had an A- ranked battle where the opposite team took the lead with under 30 seconds and then we managed to break through their ranks and win in overtime :D

I had to take a break though, that was mentally draining LOL

egruntz

shelaughz
I think Im pretty good at the game. Level 29 and rank S @ 43 so far. I average around 15 kills per game. Seems ranking up is just a matter of how much time I put into ranked mode. Can you rank up in teams? I can maybe help some of you rank up if so. :3

I dont like rainmaker much. Especially on blackbelly. Ive been able to end games in 30 seconds. Splat Zones > Tower > Rainmaker for me. I still like Turf Wars the best, shame it is not ranked option.

Just a tip: get comfortable with 3 - 5 different types of weapons. Swap out according to mode and map.

Was one win away from hitting rank A- and now I've lost 7 matches in a row. To say I'm salty is an understatement.

I'm at A- 70, and like clockwork every time I get here I get placed on an unbalanced team so I lose points. Every.... damn... TIME!!!

I really hate Japanese game design sometimes, just let me play with other players in my rank in peace please!!! It's clearly deliberate like some kind of trial I have to overcome or something :/

I'm at A- 70, and like clockwork every time I get here I get placed on an unbalanced team so I lose points. Every.... damn... TIME!!!

I really hate Japanese game design sometimes, just let me play with other players in my rank in peace please!!! It's clearly deliberate like some kind of trial I have to overcome or something :/
Never!

Also Rainmaker is horrible because in the half an hour I played of it my team only won a little over half the time. I also kept on getting B- teammates that were like, "Oh, did one of our teammates just get a triple kill on the short path to the enemy's base? Let's take the long way, where there's an enemy left, instead, and get the three of us killed. :D"

Top Bottom