• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Never!

Also Rainmaker is horrible because in the half an hour I played of it my team only won a little over half the time. I also kept on getting B- teammates that were like, "Oh, did one of our teammates just get a triple kill on the short path to the enemy's base? Let's take the long way, where there's an enemy left, instead, and get the three of us killed. :D"

Lost 3 matches in a row to fall to A- 44 and quit. I played really badly the last match but the previous two I wiped out the opposing players multiple times and then looked back to realize that no one was on the damn tower :mad:

Razmos

Just had a tower match where my team completely ignored the tower for some reason. I was the only one trying to claim it and it wasn't until they were 20 distance away from the goal before my team started trying to help, it was ridiculous.

I've gone from nearly A- to barely clinging on to B+ due to a long string of shit matches.

Azure J

Never!

Also Rainmaker is horrible because in the half an hour I played of it my team only won a little over half the time. I also kept on getting B- teammates that were like, "Oh, did one of our teammates just get a triple kill on the short path to the enemy's base? Let's take the long way, where there's an enemy left, instead, and get the three of us killed. :D"

I can confirm that this is not just a B- mentality. Some of us are just too entrenched in that Tower Control life on Kelp Dome it seems. :lol

L95

lmao

I just had to watch the news twice in a row because the time rolled over just as I finished the first time.

I can confirm that this is not just a B- mentality. Some of us are just too entrenched in that Tower Control life on Kelp Dome it seems. :lol

That walkway is a total trap on Kelp Dome RM anyway. Every time my team tried to go that way they'd lose the RM and then the ramp on the other end gives the other team a protected shortcut right to our base -_-

L95

Literally two seconds away from winning in a match that was about to last 15 seconds and then connection error :'D

Geg

tfw playing with randoms on Moray and the other team has two eliters and all your teammates have short range weapons and you think "this is gonna suck" only to find that once you've gotten down to the middle your teammates already took over the area and the eliters were either killed or forced to retreat

Also lol that same game I jumped down to my beakon in front of someone trying to destroy it and instead of continuing to shoot he just stopped and kind of stood there in stunned silence as I splatted him

DaBoss

ayy lmao: https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-nintendo-remove-the-jungle-hat-from-splatoon
Yooooo
WVW69iS8KZoBl_Sz02

Thanks Spyke!
Nice.
lol

That walkway is a total trap on Kelp Dome RM anyway. Every time my team tried to go that way they'd lose the RM and then the ramp on the other end gives the other team a protected shortcut right to our base -_-
Yeah but even if 3 of the other team is wiped out they walk into the sole guy waiting in the choke point anyways.

Geg

That match on Port Mackerel we played on Azure's stream yesterday afternoon I swam right past the goal like that lol. I was mostly trying to run the counter down as far as I could and also Sendou was right on my back firing with a blaster so I couldn't really think about how to get up to the goal.

And yes the hat needs to go

Weird rainmaker tactic some teams try on saltspray. Take the lead and then go and camp with the rainmaker in the top part of the map (as it is furthest away from the objective for either side).

Are they going to have to wall off that part of the stage too (like the side parts are in that mode).

I dont like rainmaker much. Especially on blackbelly. Ive been able to end games in 30 seconds. Splat Zones > Tower > Rainmaker for me. I still like Turf Wars the best, shame it is not ranked option.
The thing with rainmaker is comebacks seem a lot harder. On Splat Zones you have the penalty timer, in tower control the tower resets to neutral when neither are in possession but in rainmaker you don't have too much when it is near your base except obtain rainmaker and suicide to place it back in center. The problem then is some maps you can't even do that on.

Dear random Turf Wars teammates:

Look at your weapon. You have an Aerospray. Now look at the stage. Moray Towers. Now look at your weapon. Aerospray. Back at the stage. Towers. Aerospray. Towers. Aerospray. Towers.

Great, now that we're on the same page, I can tell you something:

You are an Aerospray on Towers. Stop running straight up the enemy's turf you dumb fucks, you're just going to get killed.

Sincerely,
The only person on the team who had more K's than D's.

P.S. You guys only got like 500 points what the fuck?

Razmos

Urm, wow. The rainmaker marker just completely disappeared in my match. The enemy had it and I had no clue where it was, it wasn't showing up on the map and there was no directional marker to say where it is, and then all of a sudden we lost.

Geg

Dear random Turf Wars teammates:

Look at your weapon. You have an Aerospray. Now look at the stage. Moray Towers. Now look at your weapon. Aerospray. Back at the stage. Towers. Aerospray. Towers. Aerospray. Towers.

Great, now that we're on the same page, I can tell you something:

You are an Aerospray on Towers. Stop running straight up the enemy's turf you dumb fucks, you're just going to get killed.

Sincerely,
The only person on the team who had more K's than D's.

P.S. You guys only got like 500 points what the fuck?

If the team has multiple aerosprays or other fast, short range weapons and they all swarm up to the enemy's side at once it can be hard to deal with. I lost a few Splatfest matches due to that

If the team has multiple aerosprays or other fast, short range weapons and they all swarm up to the enemy's side at once it can be hard to deal with. I lost a few Splatfest matches due to that
They were running straight up the ramp while holding down ZR.

Personally, if I made this, I'd request that the Hat and the 18K Aviators switch abilities and brands just for the laughs, but yea.

/signed
Well, it's both Ink Saver Main and having a good chance of Ink Saver Sub as its sub.

That combo's overrated, though. Tried Ink Recovery Up after you mentioned it the other night and it's like 10x better. Also that hat looks like shit.

Azure J

Well, it's both Ink Saver Main and having a good chance of Ink Saver Sub as its sub.

That combo's overrated, though. Tried Ink Recovery Up after you mentioned it the other night and it's like 10x better. Also that hat looks like shit.

Tentatek 18K Aviators with Ink Saver Main...

Kreygasm

Weird rainmaker tactic some teams try on saltspray. Take the lead and then go and camp with the rainmaker in the top part of the map (as it is furthest away from the objective for either side).

Are they going to have to wall off that part of the stage too (like the side parts are in that mode).

I think that they should change the layout so that the Rainmaker starts in the area at the bottom of the map and then the goal is to get it to one of two different pedestals at opposite sides of the large area the top area of the map (or maybe on one of those platforms over the Splatzone area). There's no need for every map to be a tug-o-war and the current layout for Saltspray RM is really dumb in my opinion.

Gsnap

I think that they should change the layout so that the Rainmaker starts in the area at the bottom of the map and then the goal is to get it to one of two different pedestals at opposite sides of the large area the top area of the map (or maybe on one of those platforms over the Splatzone area). There's no need for every map to be a tug-o-war and the current layout for Saltspray RM is really dumb in my opinion.

Saltspray is horrible for rainmaker, that's true. But I think they should just add more pathways, railings, or other stuff. And block off the top.

Having both goals at the top makes it too easy for one team to wipe out the other team and then walk 3 feet for the win.

Saltspray is horrible for rainmaker, that's true. But I think they should just add more pathways, railings, or other stuff. And block off the top.

Having both goals at the top makes it too easy for one team to wipe out the other team and then walk 3 feet for the win.

Yeah, that's why I think changing it to the jump platforms over the area right under the large top area may be better but it's just not a well suited map for this kind of mode. Even tower control is pretty dumb there.

The current setup isn't that much better really, since it's so close to the enemy spawn point now long range weapons can wipe you out (from the safety of their spawn) trying to get on the pedestal and then they take the short cut right to your base.

Top Bottom