• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Jintor

Does anybody know the mechanics for getting the Rainmaker indication? If I had to guess I'd say that it shows on the map/on-screen indication of any single teammate has eyes on the Rainmaker, but otherwise it's invisible

phanphare

Banned
Does anybody know the mechanics for getting the Rainmaker indication? If I had to guess I'd say that it shows on the map/on-screen indication of any single teammate has eyes on the Rainmaker, but otherwise it's invisible

I think if you're swimming it's invisible but if you come out of the ink it's not

I can unfortunately confirm that there's hidden matchmaking. All these single digits, man... This charger practice isn't going well lol (and I keep on being put on team with DCers, which doesn't help at all!). It's not like I'm doing horribly most games - though that occasionally happens - but I'm not doing well enough to carry a team of single digits against level 20-ish peeps. More practice might fix it though, I'll keep at it.

Jims

Y'know I was actually going to play a bunch of Ranked Mode tonight. But the very first match, it gave me a 3v4 Rainmaker on Bluefin, and we actually fought really hard through and won it. It was an ugly win, involving dragging the Rainmaker much farther than is smart, but we won it.

I hereby quit after one match for the night because I am not going to have a better highlight than that. Booyah.

Josh5890

Anyone looking for another player tonight? I'm looking to play on a good ranked team but just being able to play with Splatgaf would be cool

Jintor

My lyrics to Vs Multiplayer Song 7 (ignore the description lyrics lol!)

ABXY Untitled X2

You and me, we’re gonna be together
You and me, we’re gonna be forever
Just you and me
We’re gonna be

(HEY!)
(HEY!)

You’re gonna be fine I see oh yeah,
I’m beginning to see
But you better keep yourself oh yeah
You better better baby, baby!

(HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY)

Don't forget multiplayer vs song 2 lyrics generated in OT one which I reckon were also perfect

Gsnap

Yeah, that's why I think changing it to the jump platforms over the area right under the large top area may be better but it's just not a well suited map for this kind of mode. Even tower control is pretty dumb there.

The current setup isn't that much better really, since it's so close to the enemy spawn point now long range weapons can wipe you out (from the safety of their spawn) trying to get on the pedestal and then they take the short cut right to your base.

Actually the more I play splatoon the more saltspray becomes one of my least favorite maps. It's just weird. I don't think it works well for any of the ranked modes or even turf wars.

Okay they need to patch Rainmaker to have a giant glowing thing on screen whenever your team has the rainmaker saying HERE IS WHERE YOUR TEAMMATE IS, PROTECT THEM

It is absurd to be in an A ranked lobby and watch your teammates scatter like the wind the second you pick it up, or even head in the exact opposite route that you're going

So like:

Hairpin w/ 2 damage ups
Sun Visor w/ 2 Ink Recovery ups
Cycle King hat w/ 2 swim speed ups
Red ink resistance shoes w/ 2 swim speed ups

None of those are finished.

anyone know the odds of all 4 of those resulting in pure disappointment?

Okay, second match is a complete ranking mismatch, top player on their side is a Japanese Dynamo who can do that wonderful Roller thing where they kill you while facing in the opposite direction and their flick not even hitting you. Done for tonight.

ABXY Untitled X2

Just you and me
We’re gonna be

(HEY!)
(HEY!)

I’m beginning to see

Don't forget multiplayer vs song 2 lyrics generated in OT one which I reckon were also perfect

Great as well. Do one for FriendList as well when you have the time, I hear different things every time, heh.

DaBoss

So like:

Hairpin w/ 2 damage ups

69.12% of all of that disappointing you.

I think.

Kicko

ABXY Untitled X2

Just you and me
We’re gonna be

(HEY!)
(HEY!)

I’m beginning to see

You've got a good ear, and multiplayer track 7 is quickly becoming one of my personal faves. Anyways, I find it quite comical the amount of interest this soundtrack is generating, especially in terms of interpreting the lyrics to the songs. I guess it's another one those fun little things that brings the Splatoon community together.

Jintor

You've got a good ear, and multiplayer track 7 is quickly becoming one of my personal faves. Anyways, I find it quite comical the amount of interest this soundtrack is generating, especially in terms of interpreting the lyrics to the songs. I guess it's another one those fun little things that brings the Splatoon community together.

I just hate that half the lyrics videos on youtube devolve into utterly ridiculous shit because people can't unhear 'pee' or something.

I just wanna see song lyrics that look like they could be actual song lyrics

Kicko

I just hate that half the lyrics videos on youtube devolve into utterly ridiculous shit because people can't unhear 'pee' or something.

I just wanna see song lyrics that look like they could be actual song lyrics

I'm definitely with you when it comes to believable song lyric translations, and youtube isn't the greatest place for mature discussion as their comment section is practically a cess pool. I have seen some decent 'interpretations' posted on there, however.

Everyone hears something different in these songs, which has lead to some interesting collaborations when it comes to decyphering the lyrics. Lots of comparing and contrasting, with the end result being a fuller more comprehensible lyric translation. Again, it's all in the community man lol.

DrStiles

Just got back from a weekend away. What's the consensus on Rainmaker? Any tips or advice or should I just jump in real quick and try to not make a fool of myself?

Actually the more I play splatoon the more saltspray becomes one of my least favorite maps. It's just weird. I don't think it works well for any of the ranked modes or even turf wars.

You can tell that it was one of the first maps that they designed. It was a great idea for a local but it just doesn't work well in any mode IMO.

I'm really surprised that they redesigned Underpass and left it alone. The Mall needs a lot of work too if they start re-working them all but at least you can see how much better they've gotten at map design as they've gone along.

Edit: GGs everyone!

Geg

Yeah now that Underpass has changed Mall is now the campiest map in the game. Just played a game against a team of two Jet Squelchers, a Charger, and a Dyanamo, and they had the entire map on lockdown the whole game.

Azure J

So like:

Hairpin w/ 2 damage ups

At the very least, none of these are Splash Mob brand. Never trust that brand to behave itself.

Also, give Sun Visor pls

WALKMAN04

I don't understand the hate on the jungle hat, I think it looks great and the abilities make it even better. It's probably my favorite hat

ChrisD

I don't understand the hate on the jungle hat, I think it looks great and the abilities make it even better. It's probably my favorite hat

disgusting
I only wear the freshest headwear. And leopard print fedora is not fresh.

E: I try to time out most of my rounds now. It's a safer option in solo.

Nico_D

Do you wear a fedora in real life by any chance?

Good catch. I'm a regular Jungle Hat user and my real life winter hat is a fedora. Though it's better looking than Jungle Hat.

My real problem is that I always try to avoid trends and wear and do whatever I want to. But whatever I do, it's bound to become a trend soon and then I have to chance my style again.

What a curse. It's hard being a trendsetter.

You would think that the majority of squids in the world of sålatoon are alergic to the rainmaker, because as soon as I pick it up all of them scatter like the wind...

Geg

To be honest lots of times I have trouble figuring out just how I should protect the rainmaker if someone on my team has it. It's something I need to work on through playing the mode more

You would think that the majority of squids in the world of sålatoon are alergic to the rainmaker, because as soon as I pick it up all of them scatter like the wind...
lol yup.
To be honest lots of times I have trouble figuring out just how I should protect the rainmaker if someone on my team has it. It's something I need to work on through playing the mode more

I understand it roughly but I really hate saltspray now.

Leiru

well it appears people have discovered they can just lame it out or camp and run around with the rainmaker at the final seconds of match.

Tower control goes back to best

ChrisD

I thought everyone was Squid Girl. :/

Everyone was from the first day it was put out to this past Friday. Squid Girl Boy was one of the things I saw most.

well it appears people have discovered they can just lame it out or camp and run around with the rainmaker at the final seconds of match.

Tower control goes back to best

That's only in the last seconds of the match, and only works if your side is covered well enough to prevent them from reaching. I should know because this is my favorite thing to do. Had a game on Bluefin Depot earlier where there were 21 seconds left. I grabbed the Rainmaker and booked it back to our grates since we had our side fully covered. I began to jump up and down while spamming Booyah, and before you knew it all four of the team was hopping beside each other shouting Booyah. It was quite the funny moment.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeesh, got punished hard by the RNG tonight. Thanks for the matches though, even if i'm down well over 100 points ^^;;

You'll get those points back. We played some good teams and honestly I haven't really gotten Rainmaker down yet. We were playing S-S+ teams that had strategies and weapons/subweapons that seemed consistent on most matches.

Rainmaker is fun but I prefer Splat Zones and Tower Control.

jholmes

Is this game just more likely to have connection errors on 2.0? I never had them but now I got three tonight in a row. Was undefeated in ranked before that but still lost points. For fuck sake Nintendo. This shit is the opposite of fun.

Top Bottom