• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Nico_D

Had a few battles a while ago in squad room. This time our biggest enemy wasn't the players but lag - okay, maybe one or two snipers too.

Thanks to those involved! (Not in lag but in my team.)

Jintor

dying a lot more to wails these days. v.sad

So often I either forget the horrific decelleration when trying to 180, get trapped in a corridor unable to bail, or just don't have the ink necessary to escape

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Early days people dismissed the wailers due to their lack of inking.

With rank people are slowly realising it can be a great weapon when used well.

Jintor

Early days people dismissed the wailers due to their lack of inking.

With rank people are slowly realising it can be a great weapon when used well.

Well, Wails were pretty useless in turf wars where area denial was almost entirely pointless except in funnel areas. A lot more useful in every Ranked mode though.

explodet

Just a quick note to all the rainmaker players out there: YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU NEVER MOVE FORWARD, IDIOTS.
One rainmaker match had my team pitted against one with 3 chargers.
They were accurate and were racking up the kills but the poor bastards couldn't advance for beans. Took just one good push and we were in the lead the entire time.

Rainmaker also reignited my love affair with seekers. They never see 'em coming.

Sendou

Turf War: Walleye Warehouse & Port Mackerel

Ranked Rainmaker: Moray Towers & Camp Triggerfish

If anyone wants to squad up then join me.

foltzie1

tumblr_nt5ef9POom1todi2fo7_400.png

I'll be honest, this was me in my first rainmaker match. I may have ignored Callie and Marie during boot up and been quite surprised when I joined a match.

tinantlu

Raining here so I finally have a few hours to put into this thing. Played a few matches of Rainmaker with pubs and it was predictably frustrating.

I'm only a C player, but I swear it's because I haven't had the time to put into it, not because I'm a scrub-squid.

If anyone is playing and wants to add me up, i'm NNID tinantlu

JonnyKong

I'm very guilty of doing this myself, but it makes me giggle seeing all of us getting frustrated at other members of the team and blaming others when we're not in a squad match, like we're all Splatoon gods or something, even when we finish 3rd on the team.

One quick question, is it only possible to kill with the rainmaker when it's fully charged? When I have an enemy close in front of me I always panic and let out what can only be described as a splutter which never hurts them :(

Exile20

Raining here so I finally have a few hours to put into this thing. Played a few matches of Rainmaker with pubs and it was predictably frustrating.

I'm only a C player, but I swear it's because I haven't had the time to put into it, not because I'm a scrub-squid.

If anyone is playing and wants to add me up, i'm NNID tinantlu

Join the Discord channel to voice chat and squad up easily.

Check the link for details

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=174018831

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

AniHawk

Don't worry, the other team feels the same way about your bullshit rollers.

If you are "hardcore" enough to be posting on a video game forum such as GAF, you are already better than average for your rank, so get used to leading your team.

On another note, this game has incited me to learn Japanese Hiragana. I am about 25% there after just one day. I'd like to be able to read the names of everyone on my team. My daughter thought it was great that I could read the name a teammate on her team so she could add them to her friend list.

i almost never am on a team with rollers though. usually i'm only on a team with other guns. i think it's because i use aerospray rg and that counts as the ground-covering weapon or something.

DaBoss

Why didn't they do this in early August like Japan? It's dumb to do it now late in August with Summer vacation almost coming to a close. Better late than never though.

Vecks

I'm very guilty of doing this myself, but it makes me giggle seeing all of us getting frustrated at other members of the team and blaming others when we're not in a squad match, like we're all Splatoon gods or something, even when we finish 3rd on the team.

One quick question, is it only possible to kill with the rainmaker when it's fully charged? When I have an enemy close in front of me I always panic and let out what can only be described as a splutter which never hurts them :(

I always blame myself and aim to get better, because I'm usually on the bottom of the team score. I never play carry in any kind of game, so I just hope to support the team the best I can, even though I can't kill very well.

And I think it is only possible for the rainzooka to kill on fully charged.

Still retreat to my Splattershot Jr when I hit a losing streak.

Even fully charged, it takes two hits so if they are nicked at the very edge of it they won't die. That's the one thing I'd change about Rainmaker so far. You already have slower movement, you have a glowing marker on you even when swimming, the slow charge, the increased amount of obstacles cause the blast to dissipate, and there's push back. It should at the very least be instant death if you hit someone with a full charge.

Robotguy

I always blame myself and aim to get better, because I'm usually on the bottom of the team score. I never play carry in any kind of game, so I just hope to support the team the best I can, even though I can't kill very well.

I've definitely killed with a partially charged shot. They may have taken prior damage though. Wish we could mess with it on the test range.
Edit: granted they were fairly well charged partial charge shots. Also, I was probably wearing at least one damage up main.

Forkball

Jesus I just went like 2-7 in Rainmaker. In one match, we finally won near the end, netting me 15 points. Then in the next match, they won in maybe 20 seconds because my team apparently had no idea about Camp Triggerfish's side path. -12 points. Then in another match, we get to their 18 mark while their best is 58 with less than five seconds to go. Easy peasy victory right? It's overtime and they have it at their own 18. THEY CARRY IT ALL THE WAY TO OUR BASE UNCONTESTED AND WIN.

Jesus I just went like 2-7 in Rainmaker. In one match, we finally won near the end, netting me 15 points. Then in the next match, they won in maybe 20 seconds because my team apparently had no idea about Camp Triggerfish's side path. -12 points. Then in another match, we get to their 18 mark while their best is 58 with less than five seconds to go. Easy peasy victory right? It's overtime and they have it at their own 18. THEY CARRY IT ALL THE WAY TO OUR BASE UNCONTESTED AND WIN.

I feel your pain. I just went 0-4 and down ranked to B- It was my first session on rainmaker and it didn't go well.

Top Bottom