• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

skyfinch

Neuromancer said:
OK the only PEC challenge I have left is liberating my partner from 5 more choke holds. Is there any way to reliably do this in splitscreen with two controllers? Seems like when I want my 2nd player to get in a choke hold, he either gets knocked back or wins the scuffle.

I think it depends on the difficulty level and what level you're on. They didn't seem to put the player in a choke hold in the first few levels, but were going nuts towards the end (Russian Embassy and beyond).

Anyone know when they are supposed to release a patch for this game. I beat it on realistic and didn't get the achievement. The patch is supposed to fix this, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ArachosiA 78 said:
Anyone know when they are supposed to release a patch for this game. I beat it on realistic and didn't get the achievement. The patch is supposed to fix this, right?

Just rambo the last two levels (starting at the Theater) again. I did it and blew through the game in 30 minutes on those levels.

LOL "Mark and Execute."

F8AL

Anyone else get this e-mail?

to: [removed]
subject: UPDATED CODE RELEASE: Splinter Cell Conviction

Hello [removed],

If you had an issue with your Splinter Cell ConvictionTM Xbox key code please keep reading.

We had a slight hiccup with the key code redemption earlier today.

If you had any issues redeeming your code please try them again - they should now work.

Now before you go:
- NO SHARING if you want to play since there is a limit of 1 key code per user.
- Don’t forget to become a fan of Live@UbisoftCanada.

Yours Truly,

Heavy.com

mik

mik is unbeatable
Neuromancer said:
Joystiq reports 4 new deniable ops maps coming on May 27th for $10:

Source

Portland, Minnesota? Sam Fisher sucks at geography.

splintercelldlc1.jpg

skyfinch

F8AL said:
Anyone else get this e-mail?

to: [removed]
subject: UPDATED CODE RELEASE: Splinter Cell Conviction

Hello [removed],

If you had an issue with your Splinter Cell ConvictionTM Xbox key code please keep reading.

We had a slight hiccup with the key code redemption earlier today.

If you had any issues redeeming your code please try them again - they should now work.

Now before you go:
- NO SHARING if you want to play since there is a limit of 1 key code per user.
- Don’t forget to become a fan of Live@UbisoftCanada.

Yours Truly,

Heavy.com

Yes, I got the same e-mail. Magically the 3rd Echelon map now works.

Yeah so I just rented this game from Blockbuster, and low and behold it freezes just after the beginning of the second level. I've tried clearing my cache and playing offline, but that does seem to fix it. Any suggestions?

Critical Jeff said:
Yeah so I just rented this game from Blockbuster, and low and behold it freezes just after the beginning of the second level. I've tried clearing my cache and playing offline, but that does seem to fix it. Any suggestions?
Title update?

I really want to like this game, but I just can't get over the melee/mark thing, it's so non-sensical and gamey. Randomly gain superhuman killing abilities when you touch somebody, I fucking feel like Rogue from X-Men or something, I've never seen anything quite so jarringly unrealistic in a stealth game before. And if I decline to use it, the level and enemy layouts become irritating and lame because the game is designed with marking in mind.

RedStep

revolverjgw said:
I really want to like this game, but I just can't get over the melee/mark thing, it's so non-sensical and gamey. Randomly gain superhuman killing abilities when you touch somebody, I fucking feel like Rogue from X-Men or something, I've never seen anything quite so jarringly unrealistic in a stealth game before. And if I decline to use it, the level and enemy layouts become irritating and lame because the game is designed with marking in mind.

How is that more "gamey" than layouts that conveniently separate guards at set intervals, and guards that walk the in set paths forever? Aside from shooting through the walls when people move, it's just a quick kill. You could do the same (but slower) with your pistol. It's not like he turns into Neo and freezes their bullets or anything.

RedStep said:
How is that more "gamey" than layouts that conveniently separate guards at set intervals, and guards that walk the in set paths forever? Aside from shooting through the walls when people move, it's just a quick kill. You could do the same (but slower) with your pistol. It's not like he turns into Neo and freezes their bullets or anything.

Insta-kill is a problem, but that's not even the thing that really irks me. It's the inability to do anything like that until Sam bonks somebody and gets the magical power-up that feels so out of place. There's necessary-evil gamey (none of these games, even the most lauded, like Thief, would be remotely beatable if there wasn't some sort of "divine intervention" in the level design and enemy behaviour), and then there's something like this. It just feels so damn strange.

And in addition to that, this game is just as bad as any other for gamey layout, what with serving you up guys that are clearly there just for you to get an easy insta-kill powerup.

dankir

revolverjgw said:
Insta-kill is a problem, but that's not even the thing that really irks me. It's the inability to do anything like that until Sam bonks somebody and gets the magical power-up that feels so out of place. There's necessary-evil gamey (none of these games, even the most lauded, like Thief, would be remotely beatable if there wasn't some sort of "divine intervention" in the level design and enemy behaviour), and then there's something like this. It just feels so damn strange.

It's too damn easy that's what it is. I played through a hunter mission on realistic and the guy I was playing with just went balls out Rambo and just shooting everything and using gadgets.

Mark and execute is "useful" in single player, in multiplayer it slows down the game too much. Honestly it's a good game but you don't really do that much :(

I wish there was WAY more complexity to the instant kills or something to make it more situational other than press one button to "win" basically.

0OoO0

The Insurgency Map Pack is out now. Anyone get it?

The Achievements are:

Who let the docks out? 20(G)
Complete CO-OP "San Francisco, CA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

Rise from the graves 20(G)
Complete CO-OP "New Orleans, LA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

Just free yourself 20(G)
Complete CO-OP "Portland, ME" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

Experimental Treatment 20(G)
Complete CO-OP "Salt Lake City, UT" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

Team congratz 50(G)
Complete Deniable Ops: Insurgency on Realistic difficulty in Hunter or Infiltration game mode

King of the crypt 30(G)
In the "Crypt", perform (12) hand to hand takedowns without alerting other enemies

Watch the soap 30(G)
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18 ) enemies

Thinking inside the box 30(G)
In the first area of the "San Francisco, CA" map, neutralize (12) enemies inside containers

Demolition crew 30(G)
Complete CO-OP "Under Construction" while shooting all the explosives in realistic difficulty

Feindflug

0OoO0 said:
The Insurgency Map Pack is out now. Anyone get it?

The Achievements are:

Complete the missions on rookie or normal? I guess the achievements for the new co-op maps can be unlocked in Realistic difficulty too...at least I hope so - I don't want to be forced to play the new missions on normal to get the achievements.

Sectus

TheVisualizer said:
wait...so the new maps have coop missions too? I thought they were just gonna be for Deniable Ops
I just checked, it's only for deniable ops, no new missions. They must have messed up the naming for the achievemenrts.

It saddens me that this game isn't getting more love. I know it's not the Splinter Cell sequel we all wanted, but if you accept it on its own terms, it's pretty damn good, actually. Last Stand is one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Argh, I still want to play this. I think I'm going with Alan Wake first but according to CAG, it will be $39.99 at Target starting this Sunday 5/30-6/05.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Neuromancer said:
By the way- Fisher needs a Glock.

No he doesn't. All he needs is his fists a Five-seveN four enemies marked and the Y/whatever the fuck execute is on PC button.

druie

Has anyone purchased the DLC?

I got it yesterday, but it's not showing up in my game... I deleted the content and re-downloaded it... No luck. I also looked through every game mode in Deniable Ops, XBL, and Splitscreen. Pretty angry that it's not working after $10.

druie said:
Has anyone purchased the DLC?

I got it yesterday, but it's not showing up in my game... I deleted the content and re-downloaded it... No luck. I also looked through every game mode in Deniable Ops, XBL, and Splitscreen. Pretty angry that it's not working after $10.

I downloaded it yesterday and played 1 map in Infiltration mode, worked fine for me then

Top Bottom