• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

BruceLeeRoy said:
Uhh man that video was fricken terrible.

As just about every GameStop ad is. I'm personally more annoyed by the one for God of War 3 than this one. If you thought I was calling that awesome, hell no! I was referring to the European launch trailer. :lol

Gooster said:
As just about every GameStop ad is. I'm personally more annoyed by the one for God of War 3 than this one. If you thought I was calling that awesome, hell no! I was referring to the European launch trailer. :lol

Phew good I thought you were calling that awesome. Your right though all those Gamestop ones are abysmal.

Well - lookee here! Thursday evening (and weekend) confirmed!

IMG_4853.jpg

CloakedPuppet said:
Well - lookee here! Thursday evening (and weekend) confirmed!

IMG_4853.jpg

Lucky lucky! Give us impressions; things like framerate, graphics, gameplay, stealth (XD), etc etc.

I have to wait until the 20th to grab mine :(

FuttBuck said:
Lucky lucky! Give us impressions; things like framerate, graphics, gameplay, stealth (XD), etc etc.

I have to wait until the 20th to grab mine :(

Will do - still have a bit to do before I install it and give it a go.

SNUG REVOL said:
I've put about 10 hours into it. Ask me some questions.

Primer: have you played Chaos Theory/older Splinter Cells?

If so...can you play the game like you were able to play the older games? How action oriented is it?

And you're 10 hours into single player or have you played all game modes? How long is the SP campaign?

SuperAwesome said:
How much longer do you think it's going to be?

By what means did you get it? (mom and pop, b/m)

I'm playing on Realsitic and I've reached the last level. I'm actually impressed by the length of the game. I should finish the game with a total 8-10 hours.

TheLegendary said:
Primer: have you played Chaos Theory/older Splinter Cells?

If so...can you play the game like you were able to play the older games? How action oriented is it?

And you're 10 hours into single player or have you played all game modes? How long is the SP campaign?

Ok, here is where I need to be careful. First off I'm a HUGE Splinter Cell nut. Loved Chaos Theroy and Double Agent(Xbox1).

Hate to say it but that form of stealth is dead :(. If you think you can play Conviction like the old splinter cells, cancel your pre-order. I dont hate the game, but I had to adjust my expectations. The new "stealth" is dropping 4 dudes in mark and execute without being seen. Is this fun? yea, but I miss what Splinter Cell was known for.

miladesn said:
without any spoilers, How is the story?

Its mess. Some of the twists and reveals really make you scratch your head. (IMO)

I know ive been pretty negative, but the co op is bad ass.

Alright - some of my very early impressions. First off, the game looks quite good - really reminds me a LOT of Assassin's Creed II so far. The stealth aspect is definitely evolved from previous games but, so far, I think it's great. To me it seems like a natural way to go for the series.

This is easily one of my favorite series and I'm really enjoying it so far. Keep in mind, I also thoroughly enjoyed my time with the demo.

CloakedPuppet said:
Alright - some of my very early impressions. First off, the game looks quite good - really reminds me a LOT of Assassin's Creed II so far. The stealth aspect is definitely evolved from previous games but, so far, I think it's great. To me it seems like a natural way to go for the series.

This is easily one of my favorite series and I'm really enjoying it so far. Keep in mind, I also thoroughly enjoyed my time with the demo.

So was the IQ increased from the demo?

Jb

SNUG REVOL said:

What did you think of the level design (sp)? Is it mostly open areas or was the demo fairly representative of what the levels are like in the final game?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
SNUG REVOL said:
Is the level in the demo (you know, where you rescue the scientist) in the actual game as it appeared in the demo itself?

SuperAwesome said:
So was the IQ increased from the demo?

The bathroom interrogation scene is the only one that I've played from the demo and it looks the same. I'm on the first mission and I think the game looks very good though. Again, I'm very much reminded of ACII - both in image quality and general art direction. Great attention to detail in the environments too.

Jay-B said:
What did you think of the level design (sp)? Is it mostly open areas or was the demo fairly representative of what the levels are like in the final game?

Demo had quite a few ways to approach situations.

By the way guys, don't know if you knew already, but all the levels in the game have been designed to accomodate those who want to kill anything that moves and those who want to play it stealth, be a ghost that no one will see or hear. Just like that Stealth Video with Sam emerging from the back of a truck.

So, please, no more whining about ''This isn't steathy!!'' :p

I'm really REALLY digging this game. Sam feels a lot deadlier all around and the pacing feels much more urgent. AI seems pretty sharp and unforgiving. I'm just scratching the surface and am already thinking about different ways to approach each situation.

TheLegendary said:
Christ... you guys are going to convince me to get the damn game after cancelling/reordering/cancelling my order. :(

Honestly, I think that people who were put off by the demo have to realize that the new mechanics are really well implemented here. Also, the execute markers are only an OPTION - I've been using them so far but I can tell that there is nothing preventing from being completely stealthy and taking out most baddies from the shadows. The level design really supports multiple styles as has been mentioned.

JambiBum

This is why I'm glad that multiple people got it early. Cloaked and Snug clearly go about playing the game differently. Not that that's a bad thing really, but it helps to get different people's opinion of the game.

TheLegendary said:
Christ... you guys are going to convince me to get the damn game after cancelling/reordering/cancelling my order. :(

Bi-polar with pre-ordering or what?

Also, nice impressions from the people who have it.

LOTS of F-bombs so far for those that were wondering. :lol

Not that I mind. Makes head shots and yanking foul mouthed douche bags through open windows that much more fun. :D

EagleEyes

CloakedPuppet said:
LOTS of F-bombs so far for those that were wondering. :lol

Not that I mind. Makes head shots and yanking foul mouthed douche bags through open windows that much more fun. :D
Lol. Is there a lot of screen tearing in the retail version?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
CloakedPuppet said:
The bathroom interrogation scene is the only one that I've played from the demo and it looks the same. I'm on the first mission and I think the game looks very good though. Again, I'm very much reminded of ACII - both in image quality and general art direction. Great attention to detail in the environments too.
So, since you haven't played the demo portion of that part, is the part I described (going into basement to rescue scientist before she's shot, etc) in the game itself?

Darkmakaimura said:
So, since you haven't played the demo portion of that part, is the part I described (going into basement to rescue scientist before she's shot, etc) in the game itself?

I'm sure it is but I haven't gotten there yet.

I think the review embargo lifts tomorrow if I read a post in the other thread or it might have been this one correctly. Let's hope so.

comrade

CrazedArabMan said:
I think the review embargo lifts tomorrow if I read a post in the other thread or it might have been this one correctly. Let's hope so.
JambiBum said:
IGN said that they will have their "review" up on Friday by 5 pm PST.
Indeed. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Top Bottom