• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Princess Arete

A nice little movie, it's not as good as masterpiece that is Mai Mai Miracle, but it's still an impressive movie. The story itself is pretty slow, simple and uneventful, but it is very well executed. The guys that made this and MMM add a subtle charm to their work that very few studios can match.

trejo

All I can be certain of regarding the P4 anime is that my mind will automatically hear the dude's name as Charlie each and everytime it is spoken.

Izayoi

Banned
zeroshiki said:
I haven't played it yet but will look forward to the aneurysms people will have about the adaptation.
P4 is spoiled just by being on the internet. I know most of the story like the back of my hand and I've only seen a handful of screenshots of the actual game.

It's just one of those things. Will be watching the adaptation, though.

zeroshiki

Solune said:
You should go about rectifying this! P3 and P4 are some of the best JRPGs from last gen.

cosmicblizzard said:
P3 is like a rough draft compared to P4. Seriously, it's one of the best JRPGs in years, maybe ever while P3 is merely great (IMO). Play it now!

Unfortunately my PS2 is in storage (and the controllers are busted to boot!) so I was really holding out hope for a P4P. That or Sony magically enables backwards compatibility to us peons who only had 1 job at the time :(

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
C- 01

I've heard of a hard sale but this is ridiculous.

That annoyed me about the 1st ep too. Yes, the main guy should be generic anime lead who doesn't want to do anything and must have everything handed to him but they should at least have Yoga actually agree to doing the damn thing. Its simple too. He's poor, here's a lot of money, sign the contract. Easy.

Branduil

C- 02

What's with the bad CG people? I guess that's one, bad way to save money.

That was a cheap way to win the fight.

Are they going to go the obvious route and make
Mikuni his father?

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
C- 02

What's with the bad CG people? I guess that's one, bad way to save money.

That was a cheap way to win the fight.

Are they going to go the obvious route and make
Mikuni his father?

Speculation answer to the spoiler:
He's actually met/seen pictures of his father so I don't know how that would work.

Branduil

C- 03

Oh hey it's adult Kyouko.

So some people get assets that look like hideous monsters, others get nubile girls. What's with that?

Is being bankrupt in Japan really so bad you have no choice but to commit suicide?

Joule

trejo said:
Azazel-san 6

Amazing. There is not a single aspect of this show I don't like.

Motsan : (
Hd8Ia.jpg

Yeah it's a really amusing show.

duckroll

http://moca-news.net/article/20110518/201105181000a/01/

Penguin Drum is a 24 episode series. It is likely to be replacing Dororon on MBS/TBS in July, since they're going to start advertising the show this week after Dororon's airing. For the remaining six episodes of Dororon, they will run a different 20 second ad after each episode.

While the studio and staff are still not revealed, the lead character Himari Takakura is a girl played by a newcomer - Miho Arakawa. The story revolves around the lives of the 3 siblings in the Takakura family. No other details have been revealed at this time.

This is Ikuhara's new TV series for those who haven't been following.

Branduil said:
C- 03

Oh hey it's adult Kyouko.

So some people get assets that look like hideous monsters, others get nubile girls. What's with that?

Is being bankrupt in Japan really so bad you have no choice but to commit suicide?

look what almost happened in Spice and Wolf :p

Betterman 4

Keita is pretty stupid when riding a scooter. Though he seems pretty stupid in general which is pretty refreshing for a glasses-wearing protagonist.

flawfuls

Colorful

Wow what a wonderful heartwarming movie. It's about a "soul who has sinned" that has to take over the life of a boy that attempted suicide for half a year. It's pretty much your standard uplifting second chance at life movie, but a very well done one. The first half of the movie is very cynical and makes you hate all of the characters (except for the glasses girl who is always awesome), but after a random train otaku geekfest it switches to heartwarming redemption mode and is so so awesome.

ePv9P.jpg

Anyone else here seen it? If you haven't and like your anime dramas definitely check it out, it's one of the best out there.

Jex

Branduil said:
C- 03
Answering your query would actually be a spoiler. Suffice to say you'll know soon.

Articalys

Well, I guess they're doing this with the... best... of intentions?

Tokyo Marriage Agency to Start Dating Service for Otaku

This month, the Tokyo-based First Contact marriage agency pre-launched a website for its new service "Otaren," whose name is derived from the words "otaku" (geek) and "ren" (a reading of the kanji character "koi," which means "love"). The service is designed to match fans of anime, manga, and games to one another for the purpose of marriage — for a fee.
The site promises that it offers women "safe" meetings by conducting identification checks on the male members.

So basically it's like Match.com for otaku or something. Huh.
If you want to give it a try then more power to you, I guess.

Oh and fees for men are of course about 2.5x more than the fees for women.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dresden said:
Not really going to be successful unless they can turn the dudes gay as well. Supply and demand, etc.
I don't know how they could turn someone gay so doomed to failure probably. Fujoshis gunna shlick it to yaoi to get their kicks, but maybe a lucky few will find love.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Unless you're Keima from The World God Only Knows, my guess is you're probably out of luck since as far as I understand, its just as shameful to be a loser who spends all day watching moe crap as it is everywhere else in the world.

Articalys

Well, that town with the shrine used in Lucky Star had that matchmaking event a while back, which had applications from 386 males and 115 females for 20 spots each, and reported a thrilling success of seven matches.

So yeah, this site is dead in the water before even getting started. But it's the thought that counts... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom