• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

flawfuls said:
Colorful

Wow what a wonderful heartwarming movie. It's about a "soul who has sinned" that has to take over the life of a boy that attempted suicide for half a year. It's pretty much your standard uplifting second chance at life movie, but a very well done one. The first half of the movie is very cynical and makes you hate all of the characters (except for the glasses girl who is always awesome), but after a random train otaku geekfest it switches to heartwarming redemption mode and is so so awesome.

Anyone else here seen it? If you haven't and like your anime dramas definitely check it out, it's one of the best out there.

I really loved this movie as well. There were a lot of strong scenes that hit you really hard emotionally, and were very satisfying to sit through. The awkward glasses girl (I forgot her name) was great and also felt really authentic, and I thought that was one of the great things about her character.

MCD said:
GKzZc.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-18/blood-lad-vampire-manga-anime-adaptation-listed

Too early, but awesome nonetheless. Gonna get a shit non-ending like Blue Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland most likely will this season.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:
Too early, but awesome nonetheless. Gonna get a shit non-ending like Blue Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland most likely will this season.

Yep... I mean, in the manga they have yet to really establish a long term antagonist, so... yeah.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Jexhius said:
But will it be better than Idolmaster?
Summer as a season has potential to be as good as the season we have now with - Bunny drop, Natsume S3, Mawaru Penguin drum, Idolmaster being very promising based on staff and source material, and who knows - blood c, blade, sacred seven, no.6 might all be decent.

Either way I'm pleased I'm going be checking out more than 1 show next summer.

Articalys

Lafiel said:
Summer as a season has potential to be as good as the season we have now with - Bunny drop, Natsume S3, Mawaru Penguin drum, Idolmaster being very promising based on staff and source material, and who knows - blood c, blade, sacred seven, no.6 might all be decent.

What is the total confirmed series count for summer right now? Has there been a new chart made yet?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lafiel said:

Looking forward to Ikoku Meiro no Croisee. Junichi Sato goodness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0rQ2NBy20

flawfuls

zeroshiki said:
Definitely looks weaker than Spring.

At first glance, I'm interested in around 4 shows.

All summers are. Spring and Fall tend to be the major seasons while Winter and Summer tend to be weaker.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hmm, I have no idea where to start with the Summer season, similar to the Spring season in that regard.

Will probably look in to everything as long as there's no loli's and if the director/studio's are competent.

Articalys

Mm, I guess it was a little too early to ask about the summer season, looks like most everything starts in mid-July. Gonna wait on more promos/trailers to judge.

Oh yeah, has there been any word on reviews/impressions of the new Shinkai film? I forgot it opened about a week and a half ago.

Sekirei 1

Everything about this was cliche, but I liked it. Huge fan of location based battle royales/tournaments. Wonder what other Sekirei powers will show up.

Dead

well not really...yet
cosmicblizzard said:
Sekirei 1

Everything about this was cliche, but I liked it. Huge fan of location based battle royales/tournaments. Wonder what other Sekirei powers will show up.
Read that as "lactation" based

lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
DrForester said:
Looking forward to Ikoku Meiro no Croisee. Junichi Sato goodness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0rQ2NBy20

I'm kinda looking forward to that to, although i suspect me firehawk12 and you will be the only ones that enjoy it! if it ends up good of course.

I think the show he has planned in fall - Tamayura is more exciting and worthy of hype since he's actually directing it.

Lafiel said:
I'm kinda looking forward to that to, although i suspect me firehawk12 and you will be the only ones that enjoy it! if it ends up good of course.

I think the show he has planned in fall - Tamayura is more exciting and worthy of hype since he's actually directing it.

I'm looking forward to it as well. Nothing charms like Old Europe.

BLUE EXORCIST 5

I think I have to put this in the category of Naruto, shows with awful designs for naught but one female (nary a good design in Blue Exorcist). The episode seemed to imply that Rin can control demons, which I thought was odd (and that no one noticed). Cool episode.

Izayoi

Banned
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 55-64 - What a ride. Does anyone know if the manga elaborates more on the ending? It was great, I thought, but I'm a sucker for after-stories and prologues so I would really like more if it's available.

7Th

Summer looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more promising that Spring. Spring's only genuinely promising show was [C]... and we all know how that turned out.

Seikon no Qwaser II Ep 5

Tsundera boy! Wow Im psyched for the next episode, my love is finally getting to be a part of the plot. The beginning girls party was intriguing just to see every major cast member from last season. Katja really loved that whip, it cracked me up so much.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
7Th said:
Summer looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more promising that Spring. Spring's only genuinely promising show was [C]... and we all know how that turned out.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if summer ends up being a better season that spring.. not like this season is bad or anything, it's just most of the shows while decent are pretty forgettable.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Izayoi said:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 55-64 - What a ride. Does anyone know if the manga elaborates more on the ending? It was great, I thought, but I'm a sucker for after-stories and prologues so I would really like more if it's available.

It doesn't.

Izayoi

Banned
Kagari said:
It doesn't.
Aw, that's a shame. Very solid series. I would've liked more than a few photographs to flesh things out, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Definitely do not regret my purchase.

Dresden said:
This is the most up to date one I know of:

Close your eyes and pretend Maworu is on there too.

Another Blood project? Okay, make it more like Blood: The Last Vampire and less like Blood+ and I'll bite. Character designs by CLAMP means everyone will be FAAAAABULOUS!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira: Oh fuck yes. Wait...what else is there left to adapt? The Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVAs already covered pretty much all the remaining relevant supplementary material.

Appleseed XIII: How about no. Just, no.

Blade: Um, okay. Well, at least there might be actual real meaningful bloodletting in this one. Still, we've already had Wesley Snipes as the definitive live-action Blade, so I guess all that's left is an animated one. I still think it's pointless.

Jex

7Th said:
It may well be the case, but I doubt they're will the rich variety of watchable shows again.

I really doubt that there's going to be ten shows that I'd even consider following.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Izayoi said:
Aw, that's a shame. Very solid series. I would've liked more than a few photographs to flesh things out, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Definitely do not regret my purchase.

The end is so good though ;_;

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lafiel said:

Yeah, him directing would be nice, but I can (hopefully) be happy with him writing.

Unknown Soldier said:
Another Blood project? Okay, make it more like Blood: The Last Vampire and less like Blood+ and I'll bite. Character designs by CLAMP means everyone will be FAAAAABULOUS!

You know, I just realized that I made a pun here. It wasn't intentional. But I'll leave it in there anyways.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Maybe, but it seems Spring had so many enjoyable, if not amazing, shows that it will be very hard to beat. There's nearly something for everyone.

Summers tend to be weaker. But we'll see.

Izayoi

Banned
Kagari said:
The end is so good though ;_;
Oh, I loved it. I just like it when there's a more drawn out "later years" bit, even if it's only a few minutes. We saw pictures of
an older May, Ed's and Winry's kids, etc.
but that was it. I think it would have had more impact if we saw them interact, you know? Kind of like the end of Aria, if you've seen it.

7Th said:
This is what somebody says about EVERY next season. The grass is always greener on the other side.

zeroshiki

Winter was an abomination with absolutely nothing to watch. Spring is awesome with tons of great shows. I am sending an inevitable Summer letdown solely because of the quality of Spring shows.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
Winter was an abomination with absolutely nothing to watch. Spring is awesome with tons of great shows. I am sending an inevitable Summer letdown solely because of the quality of Spring shows.
Winter had the show of the year so no.

zeroshiki said:
Winter had Wandering Son, so wrong!

Articalys

Ah, why the hell not.

ISML Exhibition Match (since these actually feature some non-recent characters)
Chii -- 4097
Evangeline A.K. McDowell -- 3354

I wasn't aware the Chobits fandom was that big.

--------------------

As of right now I'm only keeping up with:
Iroha
Denpa
AnoHana
Nichijou
Sket Dance

so that's two 13-ep, one 26-ep with plot, one 26-ep sketch comedy, and an ongoing SJ adaptation.

Will probably try to catch up on C and T&B within the next few weeks, as I'd like to follow them but have enough backlogs as is right now.

7Th said:

I disagree completely. I'm following a whopping 15 series this season, 7 of which I flat out love. I only plan on following 5 shows next season, none of which I expect to be anything special.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
Winter had the show of the year so no.

tiff said:
Infinite Stratos

Of course. How could I forget. I apologize.

Spring is better for me personally, though. Just good quality shows across the board. The crap is also kept to a minimum.

cosmicblizzard said:
I disagree completely. I'm following a whopping 15 series this season, 7 of which I flat out love. I only plan on following 5 shows next season, none of which I expect to be anything special.

15 and yet you don't watch the show of the season? You wound me cosmic.

Dresden

still following:

C
Dororon Enma-kun
Iroha
Anohana
Hyouge Mono
Tiger & Bunny
Dog Days

Will watch when it ends:

Kaiji

Plenty of other decent shows, but I just couldn't keep up.

zeroshiki

I'm down to:

Iroha
AnoHana
Denpa
C

I'd like to follow Blue Exorcist and some others too but it's gotten unwieldy keeping up with all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom