• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Branduil said:
Why do you have both Firefox and Chrome open?

I have Chrome open for all internet browsing needs, and Firefox open because it has a much better 2ch browser plugin. I dunno about him, but it's not that unusual! At least no one is using IE!

trejo

Dresden said:
It's about bros and manly tears.

YgLGJ.jpg

Jerk

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Where the hell have you been?

I really want to answer with: "Not watching bad TV" but I feel that I should catch up with this show before I say much of anything else (not to mention that the statement would be patently untrue as I watched Star Driver in its entirety).

Jex

Jerk said:
I really want to answer with: "Not watching bad TV" but I feel that I should catch up with this show before I say much of anything else (not to mention that the statement would be patently untrue as I watched Star Driver in its entirety).
Quite.

Simply put, if you do plan on watching it, avoid the main thread for the love of God.

Also, it isn't bad like Star Driver.

Jerk said:

Seriously dude, it's good. The first 2 episodes are very deceptive. Don't have to be a magical girl fan to enjoy it at all. In fact, I don't think there are many magical girl fans in the Madoka OT.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
So, uh, can I watch Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer without much exposure to the rest of the franchise and not be totally lost? I mean, no more lost than usual for Oshii. 'Cause that's kinda the only UY-related thing that catches my eye, given the things I've heard about it.
Yes. Although I'd recommend watching one or two episodes of the regular show to give you the flavour of how the characters generally interact, what the tone is like, who they are and so forth.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
She's too old obviously
I would have actually liked one. Would have been a change from the norm childhood friend, sister's friend, popular girl, etc harem.
There must be a show where dude ends up with the teacher. :lol

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
So, uh, can I watch Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer without much exposure to the rest of the franchise and not be totally lost? I mean, no more lost than usual for Oshii. 'Cause that's kinda the only UY-related thing that catches my eye, given the things I've heard about it.
You'll be fine.
Regulus Tera said:
Sometimes I mistake Branduil for Dresden.

If GAF were a harem they would be the twins I think.
I dunno, we're really far apart on cosmic's monocle-scale.

icarus-daedelus said:

Yes, no problem. I watched Beautiful Dreamer before watching anything else UY related. You catch on to the characters pretty quickly.

Jerk

Banned
Dresden said:
You'll be fine.

I dunno, we're really far apart on cosmic's monocle-scale.

Tell me more.

Also:

Ergo Proxy 15-17

Is it possible to die by pretension? Let us find out.

jman2050

Regulus Tera said:

Nah, Branduil would be the orderly slightly smug school counsel president, Dresden is the busty tsundere, I'm the loli tsundere, InfiniteNine is the fujoshi, duckroll is the glasses girl, and Hitokage is the cool and beautiful school idol with an embarrassing secret.

Why did you say that what have you started why would you do that?

trejo

Regulus Tera said:

Nice. Let's hope for a twincest arc, then.

Regulus Tera said:
Never finished Onegai Teacher, but, that?
There's also the friend of the dude in Chobits. Lucky son of a bitch, that one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well there are the kind of twins who are exactly alike (Black Lagoon), or the kind of twins that are nothing alike at all!

Geneijin

To steer the conversation on Spring 2011 anime:

Thursday

April 7
Hyougemono / Bee Train
A Channel / Studio Gokumi
Dororon Emma-kun Meeramera / Brain’s Base
Maria Holic: Alive / SHAFT
Sofuteni / XEBEC
SKET DANCE / Tatsunoko Production
Kampfer / Nomad

April 14
C / Tatsunoko Production
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. / A-1 Pictures
Hidan no Aria / J.C. Staff
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko / SHAFT

Thursday's so stacked. This thread may go crazy tomorrow.

firehawk12 said:
There must be a show where dude ends up with the teacher. :lol
In a harem setting? Can't think of one sadly. Japan has actually failed me... why have I not noticed this before?

I'm still angry that I'm class B for some reason. :lol
Your love for K-On!! and Endless Eight weighing you down man. Cast them aside to level up.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
I liked macodin's warning advice best: friends don't let friends do anime. Or at least KEY.
But that wasn't me! Although I agree with the advice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woohoo for not making the top 10 posters list!!!!!!!!!1 This going to sleep at a normal time and leaving the house for reasons other than work has killed my post count but I feel better.

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
Cool. I'd watched a good chunk of the tv series back in the day but never had the desire to finish it, probably due to a mental limit of 100 or so episodes of investment per series that I'm willing to put down for animu.
So, not a fan of shounens I take it?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Geneijin said:
To steer the conversation on Spring 2011 anime:

Thursday

April 7
Dororon Emma-kun Meeramera / Brain’s Base

April 14
C / Tatsunoko Production
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. / A-1 Pictures

Thursday's so stacked. This thread may go crazy tomorrow.

I dunno about all that.

zeroshiki

mAcOdIn said:
But that wasn't me! Although I agree with the advice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woohoo for not making the top 10 posters list!!!!!!!!!1 This going to sleep at a normal time and leaving the house for reasons other than work has killed my post count but I feel better.

You're not even in the triple digits list! You faker.

Regulus Tera said:
I'm angry that I wasn't even considered for the list. I made it to the top sixteen last thread. :(

Fine, I updated it again. You in with me and the rest of the 24-28 people.

I actually was going to include you the first time around, but I wasn't sure where to put you.

iavi

firehawk12 said:
I'm still angry that I'm class B for some reason. :lol

Hey, at least you're on it. I refuse to acknowledge it, all the time that I spend polishing my monocle. BAH.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
You're not even in the triple digits list! You faker.
I think this'll be a weird season, I doubt I'll watch any of the shows A Black Falcon will so I'm betting there won't be any large replies discussing harems this season, sorry guys, I know you were all looking forward to those.

jman2050

icarus-daedelus said:
I find it appropriate, somehow, that the two regulars with the highest post counts are at opposite ends of the snobbery list.

They form a symbiotic relationship, being diametric opposites yet forever destined to be bound together. Like the Tiger and the Dra--

wait wait back up, I already did this joke. Once again:

They form a symbiotic relationship, being diametric opposites yet forever destined to be bound together. Like the cold, pragmatic son of a king who wishes to overthrow a corrupt political system and the hot-blooded, heroic son of a rebellion leader who strives to uphold law and justice no matter what, even at the cost of his friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom