• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Instro said:
Those wallscrolls are about as bad as a basketball fathead.
I bet some members of NBA-age wish they could have a fathead with Kobe undressing...

firehawk12 said:
We went through this when he first showed them way back when.
He still needs to iron them though. :p

I like how one of the most popular anime ever comes with something so hopelessly creepy.

Swag

Erigu said:
I don't: they aren't mine.
I'm confused? More importantly, do you live in Japan! If not what do you tell people when they come in your room and see that?

I had a Haruhi Wallscroll my freshman year of college, I had to take it down Quick Fast after I started getting weird stares whenever people would walk by my room.

Jex

Branduil said:
I like how one of the most popular anime ever comes with something so hopelessly creepy.
I like how you get ones where they're just starting to undress, but later on you get ones where they have less clothing on. Quite the incentive.
Sebulon3k said:
I'm confused? More importantly, do you live in Japan! If not what do you tell people when they come in your room and see that?
People walk into an otaku's room?

Geneijin

Regulus Tera said:
NBA Age is watching us with disgust right now.
WCpyxl.jpg

You were asking for it

Erigu

Sebulon3k said:
I'm confused?
I'm not collecting the K-on!! Blu-rays (firehawk12 was probably thinking of someone else) and I just got those pictures from the net.
... I'd say "sorry to disappoint", but I'm not sure that's entirely adequate...

Jexhius said:
I like how you get ones where they're just starting to undress, but later on you get ones where they have less clothing on. Quite the incentive.
You'd think so, but they were released out of order, actually.
(... still, are they ordered by age as well?)

iavi

Sebulon3k said:
Average person outside of Japan ( At least from my experience in the US ) don't know what an Otaku is.

But they know what anime looks like... I can't say that I've ever had to clean up the confusion those posters would cause, but I have gotten the "look at this, you've got such a big collection of mov....." more than I care to even go over at this point.

It's almost become a damn test. No awkward response? fucking pass. And that goes for everyone.

Instro

Sebulon3k said:
ROFL I completely forgot about her arc, I guess her being the other childhood friend is forever imprinted in my memory. I'd probably put her between Ai and Sae in terms of arc, in terms of character probably last. Didn't leave any lasting memory with me other then the belly button licking scene.

Boo, her and Ai were my favorites.

Madoka 10

Oh, that was rich. Definitely worth staying up for. This show is amazing.

Now I can join in the collective sorrow. Why isn't there an Episode 11 yet? T_T

duckroll

hosannainexcelsis said:
Madoka 10

It was washed away by the tsunami.

trejo

hosannainexcelsis said:
Madoka 10

Welcome to the fold. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Erigu said:
I'm not collecting the K-on!! Blu-rays (firehawk12 was probably thinking of someone else) and I just got those pictures from the net.
... I'd say "sorry to disappoint", but I'm not sure that's entirely adequate...
Hah, did you just post the random pics the first time then? Someone posted something in one of those threads anyway. :lol

Erigu

I see Hôrô Musuko manga sales are up 2006%. This is good.

Dresden said:
Yeah. Sawako on the left, senior girls in the middle, the juniors to the right.
I was wondering if that extended to the exact birth dates, but I just checked and apparently not.
themoreyouknow.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@crunchyroll: I don't get why the commercial breaks are dubbed when the rest of the show is subbed.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Madoka 10

Episode 10 was the ending dude. ;)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Branduil said:
They're like Mr. Potato Heads. Just switch the hair and you have a new character.
Well that one on the top left has slightly differently shaped eyes, so she is unique in a sea of the same people!

Branduil

They should have made an episode where everyone has to shave all their hair off for some reason, and then no one can tell who is who. Yui would probably forget who she is and start imitating her friends.

trejo

Regulus Tera said:
You are no high schoolers!
High school girls can be ugly too.

Branduil said:
They should have made an episode where everyone has to shave all their hair off for some reason, and then no one can tell who is who. Yui would probably forget who she is and start imitating her friends.
Mugi has the eyebrows tho so she should still be recognizable. The others, yeah not so much.

Jex

Branduil said:
To be the fair, the series does joke about how all similar some of the characters are when they re-adjust their hair.

Branduil

trejo said:
High school girls can be ugly too.

Mugi has the eyebrows tho so she should still be recognizable. The others, yeah not so much.
Shave off the eyebrows too.

Jexhius said:
To be the fair, the series does joke about how all similar some of the characters are when they re-adjust their hair.

Yes but my idea is much more hilarious as all of the characters would be bald.

Articalys

Halycon said:
Yay desktops.
im7gu4.png
Oh god I'm sorry I'm so late on this; was off playing Sin and Punishment Star Successor. Damn that is a difficult game.

Do you have the source for this? I'm also using a rotating set of 5cm pictures but that wasn't in the group I have.
Actually, some of the others aren't either; do you have a source for them too?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:
Oh god I'm sorry I'm so late on this; was off playing Sin and Punishment Star Successor. Damn that is a difficult game.

Articalys you are my new bff.

All of you could learn a thing or two from someone like Articalys.

trejo said:
It's true, go to any high school and take pics of random girls. You'll see I'm right.

I'd be sentenced to fifty years before I got a chance to upload the pictures for careful examination.

Branduil

So according to that the most popular works are Infinite Stratos and Freezing.

The only way for the anime and manga industry to live is for it to die first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom