• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

One Week Friends - Episode 10

0ce5CKh.jpg

OTP

The first half of the episode was pretty insufferable because of Hase's behavior. He really is the weak link in the entire show. His personality leaves much to be desired, and it doesn't really feel like he has earned much. The only positive trait he has is that he's friendly. Everything else is a huge negative. But the episode got much better in the second half because Saki and Kiryu rock. They're a really nice pair. I think Kujo is a pretty interesting character too, because he actually seems like a normal guy who was simply out of the loop and isn't familiar with the crazy circus situation the show's core relationships revolves around. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here, because it certainly doesn't look like he's at fault.

One Week Friends - Episode 11

M6W7IhS.jpg

Don't just hit him once, hit him until he's dead! :p

I actually enjoy where the "drama" has gone. The biggest problem I have with character drama is when it's based on misunderstandings and people not talking to each other, so it helps that this entire episode was mostly about people finally talking to each other. As I expected, Kujo seems like a pretty chill guy who just stepped into a contrived and stupid situation. It's nice to see that the characters no longer simply revolve around themselves, but have others to talk to as well. The only bad thing about this entire situation is that Hase is such a weak loser that I really wish he would just get into an accident himself so Kujo and get Fujimiya back. Lol.

At this point, as long as the final episode has some sort of semi-closure to the Saki/Kiryu thing they've been building up, I'll be extremely satisfied. I don't think I could care less about what happens to Hase. Fujimiya will probably be happy with or without him at this point since it looks like she's going to get past her psychological issues, and has other friends supporting her now. Ditch the loser!

Joe Molotov

Ultimate Girls 06

This show. This fucking show. :lol

It's a beach episode, so you figure shit's about to get extra lewd, but actually this is probably the least lewd episode so far. I only saw one set of nipples and no one almost got raped. I was actually able to take a few pictures, so enjoy!

But it is still Ultimate Girls, however.

Basically, there's aren't enough adults in the world to make you feel okay after watching this show.

But regardless, the purity of the garden still must be defended.

[YURI INTENSIFIES]

cajunator

Banned
For one, the deen stuff is bad as it's mostly haremshit.

F/Z was handled really well by ufotable and offered some of the best character interaction n the medium. We're hoping they can unfuck F/SN some but no promises.

That was a much stronger source material to build on though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yami 5

ONDONDE!

I'm gonna eat like this from now on.

Loony-toons sound effects? Jesus christ. Between Garganuta's posing and these goblin fuckups, I'm losing my mind.

Yes, let's go. Let's get the FUCK away from these weirdos.

"Whoa, momma!" Quile...dear lord. The QUEEN of the brown girl anime waifus right here, holy.

this some stupid shit

why is Quile so perfect

this sounds like I'm playing a video game. Actually, it sound IDENTICAL to Eurfloria!

holy fuck how is this
massage scene
allowed

DEAR LORD

SDBurton, tell me you've watched this show.

School Days 4

You're exhausted in this relationship? YOU DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN ANYWAYS GODDAMN IT FUCK YOU

Damn, you're moving really fast, moron.

You're just a stick in the mud who thinks with his dick. THERE IS NO DEPTH TO YOU. NONE.

And you, Katsura, you just can't speak up and stand up for yourself. You're at fault here somewhat too. Grow a spine.

That wastebin doesn't surprise me in the least, Mokoto. NOT IN THE LEAST.

NO. MOKOTO. DO NOT PROCEED. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT 200 SEKAI DOLLARS. DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER

41d.png

I'm done. That's enough anime for tonight.

Why would you watch both of these at the same time? Are you trying to end up in Arkham Asylum?

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 2

Episode 2 and he's already dodging death.

So, umm, this roommate guy is a bit annoying.

Huh, a barefoot genius cutting class, cutting books in the library while eating lunch. Anime.

Gay jokes!

Her favorite picture. This is prime for a DickButt joke.

ED callout.

Guy knows like 10 girls already, and hangs out with only 1 guy. We're in full harem mode here.

He just stole a girl's knife. Huh.

I really don't like this roommate.

iCBUu8PqY5B0I.jpg

(...)

Clumsy. Has good reflexes. I don't know.

Of course she's just standing in the rain. Because drama.

Wouldn't that basketball be slick with rain?

Well, that explains the daddy issues.

Puchimas!! 62

Another time FOR SCIENCE.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 32

Rage Lucario is quite terrifying. Fairly interesting this whole thing is going for pretty much an arc.

Nobunaga ZA FOOL 23

Not Incident at Honnoji Temple enough for me. Poor Nohime losing to Ranmaru (at least this time Ranmaru's actually a girl!)

Yowamushi Pedal 36

I feel by the end the whole team will be singing.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 2 05-06

That was a cute tour the city episode coupled with the jogging from hell.

iavi

For one, the deen stuff is bad as it's mostly haremshit.

F/Z was handled really well by ufotable and offered some of the best character interaction n the medium. We're hoping they can unfuck F/SN some but no promises.

FSN is fucked at the source. We'll be in need of miracles.

Love Live! S2 - 11

I can't get behind this drama. Essentially bunch of tears that weren't earned for shit given what the show gave throughout this season and the previous. God damn I have to stop watching this but only one more episode left... ugh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never realized this.
Why would they give the show a non English name when it already had an English name when releasing it in an English speaking country? That makes no sense. Dear US, you make non sense!

Love Live! S2 - 11

I can't get behind this drama. Essentially bunch of tears that weren't earned for shit given what the show gave throughout this season and the previous. God damn I have to stop watching this but only one more episode left... ugh.
I thought it was 13 episodes.

Why would they give the show a non English name when it already had an English name when releasing it in an English speaking country? That makes no sense. Dear US, you make non sense!

I thought it was 13 episodes.

...Why you have to crush my hopes and dreams...?

Mahouka 9
Certainly makes more sense than that "american" thread. So he has a group of fanboy scientists, then there is family tensions, lots of blushing and the little sister gushing over Tatsuya and then danger to which Tatsuya will probably save them from. The School president looked good in that dress though

Theonik

Ultimate Girls 04-06
This show continues to be really bad as heck.
The Tuxedo Mask jokes also climax on episode 5 with the robot actually dressed like him.
And a bunch of other anime references because lul Akiba. Ultimate Girl Loli (her actual name) certainly is an exhibitionist. Like holy shit.
Episode 6 features Ultimate Girl Big Boobs confessing to the completely clueless Ultimate Girl Small Boobs (their actual names) who was getting jealous of the guy she liked like her big boobs better, when of course there was no way Big Boobs would when she loved small boobs entirely.
MISUNDERSTANDINGS.

duckroll

Persona 3 - Spring of Birth

This is a bad movie and I don't feel like wasting time talking too much about it. Disjointed, boring, lacking any sort of excitement or emotional strength, it's like watching an abridged Let's Play video of Persona 3 remade in animation form. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

/XX/

Whaaaaaat in the hell happened to the artwork?
The thing I want to know is what is happening with the franchise in general to be in such a sharp decline on TV ratings:

Twitter / aers00: http://t.co/EEM4eXVWvn in which ...
https://twitter.com/aers00/status/478529423293960193

Is it follower fatigue? Or are the later series so much down in quality? The latest series is only accentuating a little spike on the 'females between 20 to 34 years old' and 'males between 35 and 49 years old' demographic profiles!

More of recent-ish data galore is accessible on that dedicated blog.

That artwork. YIKES.

Whaaaaaat in the hell happened to the artwork?

Mutating into moe coneheads it looks like.

Believe it or not, it was something I constantly picked up on. It's not episode 10 by any stretch (HAH), but it really is quite.... the looker... That's not to say there weren't good shots.

These in particular was a good shot.

This weeks cure was Sunshine, but no belly was shown at all.

Majin Bone Episode 12
BqUrMw-CUAIg5M5.jpg

That gilbert design change, if he can have a hand in more scenes for Majin Bone.

Dragon Bone unleashed! pretty epic episode especially the major fight moment but even the moments leading up to it.

I hope the others can powerup too, Dragon Bone is like in a different dimension than their abilities, especially Gilbert who seemed to have one of the weaker showings.

/XX/

That gilbert design change, if he can have a hand in more scenes for Majin Bone.
Looks like that because it is totally an animation cut worked in by Yūsuke Murata himself, probably more closer than ever to what the original character design was!

He mentions that specific scene as his own on this interview made alongside series' director Mr. Uda:

アニメ『マジンボーン』宇田氏&村田先生ぶっちゃけ対談!? 後篇 - ニュース - アニメイトTV
http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1402051342&p=4

Joe Molotov

Working!! sounds like some generic NBC mid-season replacement comedy, where as Wagnaria!! sounds like "quirky anime, otakus pls buy this!"

Chariot

Working!! sounds like some generic NBC mid-season replacement comedy, where as Wagnaria!! sounds like "quirky anime, otakus pls buy this!"
I always have to think Vagina, when I hear this title. It somehow just sounds all wrong. They could called it "My Senpai looks like a child and brought me to work at a suspicious restaurant, Yamada is the best character, period!!"

cajunator

Banned
I saw some ridiculously cute garage kits of some bug hunting robots called hoihoi-san or something. It w apparently from an OVA or short animation and dear god it was one of the cutest things ever. anyone heard of it? Please tell me you have!

Recommend me some essential anime to watch guys.. my backlog is thinning (yay)

I just have one criteria, its must good looking (if its TV show, consistency at production value would nice to see)

Recommending all BONES show would be cheating guys :D

Jinrui, Tsuritama are gorgeous looking shows (in an artistic sense)

Sword Art Online - 8

I'm not going to lie, it is kind of interesting to me on how the players have integrated into the system and have adapted to the world before them and have a plan of some sort. The lesser-experienced players have done things like open-up shops and businesses inside the game while they let the more experienced players handle the problem of finishing the game and setting everybody free. They've taken the world before them and sort of reshaped it a bit to allow themselves to fit in until they can get out.

The show does that part all right, I guess. But again, I could probably have taken this a lot more seriously if the main protagonist was a noob who had never played a game like this before (LIKE KLEIN!!!!). Make the focus on someone struggling to adapt to that kind of life. It's hard to get a real grip on the whole "survival" aspect of this show when our main character is getting it all good with the ladies and is seen tanking hits from other players and is dubbed a beater (bahahaha). It just doesn't work.

So now there's less than 500 players left. You can just barely call this an MMO any more.

This part of the show was tolerable yet neglected the very characters you seem to take a liking to. However soon the show will jump so far over the shark its going to hit the moon.

Is this where that angry Mana drawing is from? Watching that show literally saved some twitter person's life. they were going to blow their brains out but instead sat down to watch Doki Doki PRecure and now they worship Mana as their literal savior. So I guess even bad shows can have very special meaning to someone.

omg what is wrong with fate stay night

Shirou. Hes just the worst anything ever.
Saber is a lovely maiden. Rin still great. Illya is adorable. Cant complain there.

Ultimate Girls 06

This show. This fucking show. :lol

It's a beach episode, so you figure shit's about to get extra lewd, but actually this is probably the least lewd episode so far. I only saw one set of nipples and no one almost got raped. I was actually able to take a few pictures, so enjoy!

But it is still Ultimate Girls, however.

Basically, there's aren't enough adults in the world to make you feel okay after watching this show.

But regardless, the purity of the garden still must be defended.

[YURI INTENSIFIES]

Envelope would be proud ^^

Toei animators got hungry and ate their good animation directors.

Good god I hope not but its possible >_<

The thing I want to know is what is happening with the franchise in general to be in such a sharp decline on TV ratings:

Twitter / aers00: http://t.co/EEM4eXVWvn in which ...
https://twitter.com/aers00/status/478529423293960193

Is it follower fatigue? Or are the later series so much down in quality? The latest series is only accentuating a little spike on the 'females between 20 to 34 years old' and 'males between 35 and 49 years old' demographic profiles!

More of recent-ish data galore is accessible on that dedicated blog.

Isnt this show actually good? Its no wonder why dokidoki didnt try very hard when viewership is declining like that. The quality of the show seems not to matter.

Believe it or not, it was something I constantly picked up on. It's not episode 10 by any stretch (HAH), but it really is quite.... the looker... That's not to say there weren't good shots.

These in particular was a good shot.

This weeks cure was Sunshine, but no belly was shown at all.

Himeeeeee <3

Miss monochrome needs another season!
I will accept an OVA. I loves her :D

Yeah I thought it was weird they totally renamed the show after the restaurant when they licensed it here. It made sense but it kinda didnt.

Got Cat's Eye S1. That was the extra box to hold S2 whenever that is released.

I havent seen Cats eye but its the sorta classic anime I want to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom