• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
It's usually much more exciting when there's a really good and insanely popular show going on or when someone we all know is watching something full that should induce wondrous freak-out posts.

Right now, only the latter is barely happening. Felix is treating himself to a double dose of Yami and School Days (as insane of a decision as it is).

It's just been a slow season, is all. Once summer comes around and those Tokyo shows start airing, I'm sure things will liven up quite nicely.

Thats what Im interested in at the moment heehee

It's the new and improved K-On GAF.

lXydm2k.jpg

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 134

Have I mentioned the part where I love Meruem as a character. Because god damn.

Pouf breaking down as his worst fear came to pass
was delicious.

Kanon 06

Uguu x21
UPM 2.7

We get a bit more of Ayu's backstory through flashbacks. We also see Yuuichi and Ayu go on a date to the theatre. I think this is the first scene I've seen where Ayu isn't eating something. She also agrees to see a scary movie but doesn't watch one second of it.

Makoto is constantly trying to prank Yuuichi but fails miserably. I also do not approve of her waste of Miso Soup. All that Miso down the drain. :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
so i ventured to animegaf thinking i could see an op with recommendations and must watch

terrible op.:p.
pls dont hurt me

i should just get back to yowa pedal

Snarky commentary-laden seasonal OPs vindicated.

phaze

The Irregular at Magic High School 1

seinfeld-not-impressercau0.gif

Black Bullet 1

Well the action sequence was nice at least.

Hunter x Hunter 134

Another slow episode but this time they made the most of it. Managed even to make me care a bit about Welffin whom I didn't give a shit about earlier. I feel like wiith Meruem suddenly becoming merciful, all the tension disappeared and there's not that much to look forward in the next episode.

Question, where does one start with Jojo on Crunchy ? Bizarre Adventure first and then Stardust ? I assume JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Re-Edited are recap movies ?

Black Bullet 1

Well the action sequence was nice at least.

Summarizes the whole show basically "man the plot and loli forcing are really fucking stupid but at least the action is nice"

Speaking of

Black Bullet 11

lol at the laughing scene. I need a gif of that, so Another.

Also Satomi you are now officially Hase-fedora-kun 2.0. Perfect chance to tell the girl you like you your feelings and instead you just say "thanks m'lady"

*tips fedora*

Also yet another fucking trope in anime
WE WERE ONCE ENEMIES BUT NOW WE MUST WORK TOGETHER AND LEARN THAT TOGETHER WE ARE FAR STRONGER THAN AGAINST. BUT FOR SOME REASON I WAS STRONGER AS YOUR ENEMY THAT FIRST TIME AND NOW I'LL MOST LIKELY SUCK.

wow that waifu thread in gaming got shut down quick.

Soul Eater Not 11
Some decent scenery and Tsugumi finally decides on her partner.
Also she turns into a winged halberd and flies them all over the place

I've never watched this series but the OPs make me want to

I wish there was a recap of Bakemono and Nisemonogatari so you could jump straight to Second Season without spending too much time on them. I never did like Bakemonogatari but I stuck around for completion's sake. Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Black were just awful and boring. The difference in quality between the first and second series is huuuge. For the reason that Second Season is chopped up in 5 parts, so every arc is around 4-5 episodes long, therefore having a good flow of each plot. It's much more interesting that way, because every few episodes is about something new and fresh. The previous series were excruciatingly painful to watch sometimes. But it's not just that, the story material is way more intriguing. Nekomonogatari Black was boring, Nekomonogatari White(part of S2) was awesome.

Honestly watching S2, I feel like everything Monogatari related that came out previously should all be bundled in a summary movie or 2-3. It feels like all of it were just introductory chapters for S2.

I think it had the one with Hachikuji.

Can't find anything on youtube. OP3 is Sengoku, OP4 is Senjougahara.

Clannad 1

Did the cameraman go drunk?

iRdMBTpBX7nm4.jpg

ibbrDvKhH1ZGNf.jpg

...just what have I gotten myself into?

Suddenly CG(?).

Protagonist seat. Of course.

Wait. Protag is a senior. His class president has an older sister. Are they twins?

Biker gang. Mohawk guy and pompadour guy. Of course.

This music, sounds like it came straight from a ... visual novel. This started out as a visual novel, didn't it.

Just how big is this bakery, anyway?

Okay, Nagisa's dad is pretty great.

Show is starting out very cliche-ridden. I shall endure, though.

Yay!!! :D

And so it begins! Remember it's all for After Story. Ah.... the first time experiencing Clannad. :,)

Let's take a step back. K-On! GAF and LoLi-Gaf (I should think about a better abbreviation) are two different things, every thread great for itself.
I think it had the one with Hachikuji.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't hang out there...

We're just joking a bit. ;)

I'm not, K-on GAF is a vile pit of moe that cannot be escaped.
<3 I should be getting something K-on related in my june package

Chariot

OP1 is Hanekawa, OP2 is Hachikuji. Shinobu is seriously lacking an opening. Hope SHAFT does something about it...!
Sadly the next Shinbou Story is in Owarimonogatari. Could take a while.

We're just joking a bit. ;)
*puts gun away*
I revoke my membership.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't hang out there...
;p

cnet128

Banned
I wish there was a recap of Bakemono and Nisemonogatari so you could jump straight to Second Season without spending too much time on them. I never did like Bakemonogatari but I stuck around for completion's sake. Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Black were just awful and boring. The difference in quality between the first and second series is huuuge. For the reason that Second Season is chopped up in 5 parts, so every arc is around 4-5 episodes long, therefore having a good flow of each plot. It's much more interesting that way, because every few episodes is about something new and fresh. The previous series were excruciatingly painful to watch sometimes. But it's not just that, the story material is way more intriguing. Nekomonogatari Black was boring, Nekomonogatari White(part of S2) was awesome.

Honestly watching S2, I feel like everything Monogatari related that came out previously should all be bundled in a summary movie or 2-3. It feels like all of it were just introductory chapters for S2.

This opinion is awful and you should feel awful. Dissing Nise and Neko Black I could just about understand, but hating on Bake is just...no.

Also your opinion makes no sense. You seem to be saying that Second Season is better because the four-five episode arc length is short, but that's actually long compared to Bake, where the longest arc was five episodes and the majority were two-three.

In fact, there are only two arcs in the entire Monogatari series that ran for longer than five episodes - Karen Bee in Nise at seven, and Hitagi End at six in Second Season. Four-five episodes per arc is pretty damn average for Monogatari, so I have no idea how you think it somehow sets Second Season apart.

Yeah, Onimonogatari didn't get an OP in the TV airing (though it did on the disc release). Chariot was probably thinking of the Kabukimonogatari OP (because with Mayoi's arc featuring almost nothing but Shinobu and Shinobu's arc ultimately revolving around Mayoi, it's pretty damn easy to get those two confused =p)

Chariot

Legit question - who wants to do an SAO2 podcast?
I dropped SAO1 after the first game and hate it with all my soul. I hate it so hard, I boycott the hentai doujinshis. I could spit hate in your podcast.

Yeah, Onimonogatari didn't get an OP in the TV airing (though it did on the disc release). Chariot was probably thinking of the Kabukimonogatari OP (because with Mayoi's arc featuring almost nothing but Shinobu and Shinobu's arc ultimately revolving around Mayoi, it's pretty damn easy to get those two confused =p)
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I have confused them. But probably due Kaiki-Arc blowing away my mind.

Chariot

Are you fucking kidding me Hunter x Hunter?

This... I'm done. Somebody tell me when this arc is over and I'll come back. This padding is kiling me.
Where is the anime right now?
Should be after the
Chimera-Arc
, aye? If so, the part after that,
the election
is taking not so long and is pretty good. But after that you should take a break.

cnet128

Banned
Where is the anime right now?
Should be after the
Chimera-Arc
, aye? If so, the part after that,
the election
is taking not so long and is pretty good. But after that you should take a break.

I don't think anyone will have a choice about taking a break after the
election
arc. I think at that point the anime will be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom