• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The problem I have with Watamote is that not only does it go the "let's all laugh at how miserably pathetic this person's life is" style of comedy, but it also implies she has a near-zero chance of breaking out of her routine, something she desperately wants to do, which, even though it's all fictional, is still somewhat uncomfortable for me to think about.

A lifetime is a long long time. She would eventually mature enough and break out of it or at the very least reach an improved situation. A lot of people who think that way are very young.

Kanojo ga flag o Oraretara - 11
Well, this was a nice episode ...

I was hoping that the light would lead to a very nice Harem ending and then ...
The reveal happenned.. i'm not surprised by the reveal i just expected something else. but it does explain the previous clues presented. The problem is HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS MESS in 1 episode ? because i want a happy ending and i WON'T FORGIVE THIS ANIME if i don't get one.

Narag

A lifetime is a long long time. She would eventually mature enough and break out of it or at the very least reach an improved situation. A lot of people who think that way are very young.

hah, yeah, when watching it and seeing the cringing complaints I was wondering how young those that felt that way usually were. Once one's a little bit older, there's all sorts of shit you look back on and wonder "Why the hell did I do that?"

Articalys

I guess both points of view kind of require a bit too much extrapolation to reach any sort of conclusion on that point.
Because it is a comedy, that should be fine though.
Well yeah, it's like Charlie Brown and the football. Some people really like to laugh at an inevitable eternal recurrence of failure, others don't. I just happen to fall in the latter group.

cajunator

Banned
hah, yeah, when watching it and seeing the cringing complaints I was wondering how young those that felt that way usually were. Once one's a little bit older, there's all sorts of shit you look back on and wonder "Why the hell did I do that?"

Exactly. I used to feel that way even to the point of being a dumb white knight type (id probably be wearing a fedora and everything) until I figured out how I wasnt accomplishing anything by resenting others or forcing myself to be a hero. It does turn out that I have natural love and compassion for people like my mother but its not for selfish gain.

I guess both points of view kind of require a bit too much extrapolation to reach any sort of conclusion on that point.

Well yeah, it's like Charlie Brown and the football. Some people really like to laugh at an inevitable eternal recurrence of failure, others don't. I just happen to fall in the latter group.

I wasnt laughing at it. I was just amazed how well it pointed out my personality quirks and those of others I know. It was introspective and made me feel good.

[url='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obw19lRWO-Y]A pretty good reason for Sword Art Online's existence.[/url]

That was pretty informative on how you make swords these days i learned more on sword during those 6 mins than during all my time watching the "Sacred blacksmith"

j/k

Nafe

It's something they've been hinting at not so subtly since the beginning: Hime opened the box, and Iona knows, therefore she blames Hime for everything that happened including the loss of her sister.

Actions perfectly justified then. ;p

Hime really is the big bad after all! That would actually be kind of a cool twist.
Yeah, I was just wondering how close Iona and Hime maybe were, if at all.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 23

Great episode, lots of sakuga. But I'm wondering how this series is going to wrap up now and the preview has me really intrigued.

Okita is so going to die

Jintor

Is this where we share our 'what the fuck was I thinking' moments?

Because thinking back on it I was a god damn idiot in high school

/edit holy shit cajun. Hugs, buddy

Mike is powering through Anohana. I have to keep up!

Kanon 02

bWjwudj.png

I decided to take it one step further and calculate Uguu per minute (UPM) for the time Ayu is on screen.
Uguu x 10
UPM 1.4

So Yuuichi is living with a cousin who needs 20 bazillion alarms but still fails to wake up and manages to sleep standing. He also has a knack for getting lost and meeting several different girls but failing to do any formal introductions. We also get some hint of his past that sounds very similar to Nisekoi. Finally we have an ending where a mysterious cloaked girl socks him one (or tries to) and also makes strange noises. (Auu~!)

Porter-kun still doesn't have a name and reminds me strongly of Sunohara. He even looks similar. I'm assuming Key has a habit of making silly characters who serves as everyone's punching bag.

I was an idiot only in elementary school ...A big bad series of incidents made me wise up very quickly ..i still managed to keep A close friend i could count on across the years and teh schools , without him i guess i would have ended differently .

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I am embarrassed by many of the dumb things I did in the past. However, it makes me who I am today so I don't necessarily regret it. It just makes my face red and/or I facepalm.

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!!2 11

When Yamada throws out an unheard name, you get nervous. She just might have adopted a "pet".

wat

icyNIPBm5yNCI.jpg

Merry Christmas!

I wonder what Yachiyo's eye color is.

Hair Drills!

cajunator

Banned

Its quite alright. I just wanted to show that a shitty early life doesnt have to govern a persons attitude. Even to this day when I go home dad always finds a way to blame me or tell me im failing or I could be better or I cant do anything right. I fight even now. My whole family does.

Wagnaria!!2 11

When Yamada throws out an unheard name, you get nervous. She just might have adopted a "pet".

wat

icyNIPBm5yNCI.jpg

Merry Christmas!

I wonder what Yachiyo's eye color is.

Hair Drills!

When they did that to her hair I just about squeed to death.

I just found out about Highschool DxD S3.

13456670653873wfp7.gif

Clasps hands

Thank you lord for smiling upon us on this magnificent day.

More Akeno is always good for the soul.

He , Next season is focused ( the next arc is ) on Issei , Koneko , saji , ASIA ( asia is in Caps because well ), Akeno will get her time to shine EVEN more in a Season 4 i guess.

If they adapt some side stories , you will get however an AWESOME Akeno side story ...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Mike is powering through Anohana. I have to keep up!

Kanon 02

I decided to take it one step further and calculate Uguu per minute (UPM) for the time Ayu is on screen.
Uguu x 10
UPM 1.4

So Yuuichi is living with a cousin who needs 20 bazillion alarms but still fails to wake up and manages to sleep standing. He also has a knack for getting lost and meeting several different girls but failing to do any formal introductions. We also get some hint of his past that sounds very similar to Nisekoi. Finally we have an ending where a mysterious cloaked girl socks him one (or tries to) and also makes strange noises. (Auu~!)

Porter-kun still doesn't have a name and reminds me strongly of Sunohara. He even looks similar. I'm assuming Key has a habit of making silly characters who serves as everyone's punching bag.

I think they call him by name early on
(Jun Kitagawa)
and he actually has the same English dub VA as Sunohara (Greg Ayres)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone excited for SAO2? I'm really pumped after seeing that Abec art. I hope that's the blu-ray cover.

fertygo

Recommend me some essential anime to watch guys.. my backlog is thinning (yay)

I just have one criteria, its must good looking (if its TV show, consistency at production value would nice to see)

Recommending all BONES show would be cheating guys :D

Narag

Ping Pong 10

What an wonderfully amazing ep. I suppose I should have realized it given all the development everyone else received but still had written Kazama off as mostly this straightforward "monster" given how he consumed the sport. Never really thought he needed a hero to appear for him too and instead thought Peco was going to play the role of dragonslayer to get to Smile to prevent him from becoming another Kazama.

It was so nice to see him elevate Kazama instead and teach him how fly as it were. Something similar happened with Kong that didn't click with me as the hero's influence initially, namely when Peco thanked Kong for giving him the drive to get back to where he was. I like to think that's why Kong was able to shake the loss off so easily and get back to his teammates, realizing he wasn't going to ever be the best but that his real joy would be found in coaching/mentoring other players to make them better.

Kanon 02

Kanon and Clannad are probably the two Key shows that have the most in common.

Anyone excited for SAO2? I'm really pumped after seeing that Abec art. I hope that's the blu-ray cover.
i certainly am ..however i'm not a fan of gun gale even if it was ok , i'm more intrested in what alfheim they will adapt since the character will actually have time to explore that world instead of rushing through it.

See "mother rosario"

Aye, but once it starts airing I'm not going to even speak one positive word of it around here because it'll just bring down another torrent of mockery and hate, and we're going to get enough of that already.

I'll just see how bad the mockery will get as well as the nitpicking .. i plan to give my impressions on each episode HERE, that will not affect me

Jintor

Aye, but once it starts airing I'm not going to even speak one positive word of it around here because it'll just bring down another torrent of mockery and hate, and we're going to get enough of that already.

hey, there's always the outside chance it'll be okay! shows have escaped their poisonous legacy before

hey, there's always the outside chance it'll be okay! shows have escaped their poisonous legacy before

mai waifu goes to the backburner for the new heroine. It's officially shit for me before it began, but unlike many here I'll still try to enjoy it in my own way instead of mocking everything about it.

I think they call him by name early on
(Jun Kitagawa)
and he actually has the same English dub VA as Sunohara (Greg Ayres)

I think he said the first bit of his last name but he got cut off by his girlfriend.

Kanon 03

Uguu x10
UPM 2.5

So Yuuichi being the good guy he is brings home the girl who attacks him out of the blue by carrying her on his back. She then goes on to steal his food and smack him any time she is given the chance. Good decision making there Yuuichi! He gets his payback eventually though.

Both hostile girl and Ayu can't seem to remember something that's important to them. I've seen amnesia a lot in anime but two girls with it? Finally the last scene is a girl with a sword standing in the middle of the school hallway in the dead of night... wtf?

You're dead to me.
;p

I'm seeing some talk that one or more of them might be coming to the virtual console. Hopefully then people will get a chance to play them.

Haha, yeah, I've been a member almost two years and this is the first time I created a topic. Hopefully it at least gets people interested in playing the game anyway.

I had to play catch up to thread because I switched from the treehouse live to WC hype, I'm still behind on some animes.
I played so much Lufia when I was smaller that a friend of my brother started calling me "Lufia Lufia Lufia". But I can't seem to remember that much about the game, only that I stopped at some puzzle the first time and got back to it later and cleared it in the first try, I really liked Tia (;___;) and about the end it came as a susprise because I was playing Lufia II and my brother was playing the first one.
I didn't know about the talk about them coming to the VC, I would get it to play again, because I had to rent it when I was small and now I don't have a way to play them, I just listen to some of the music from the game on youtube from time to time.

Mekaku City Actors - 10

I'm afraid to ask but...who was Mary's father???

Seikoku no dragonar - 11
Classic drama before the finale as well as the bad guy doing some bad guys things but not really.

It was "ok" , if anything the "normal chested" maid sister is certainly the most intresting character of the whole show by a WIDE MARGIN

e_i

If Her Flag Breaks episodes 11

Wow...what the fuck just happened?
He's the Matrix? And why is Nanami the only person who remembers him?

Great posts cajunator. ;)

Watamote's cool since it shows a blunt and unfiltered look at the thought processes and awkward struggles of some fairly standard adolescent behavior. All this without asking the viewer to judge or "identify" with the character. It's not going to be everyone's ideal for entertainment, but I can't think of a quicker way to ruin Watamote than to add a moral message or give Tomoko her redemption or comeuppance or whatever.

Watamote 06-07

Honestly, the issue I have with Watamote that makes me cringe is that... I have a terrible habit of feeling second-hand embarrassment for characters most of the time. Watamote just triggers that A LOT for me. It's not really hitting close to home, it's just I feel bad for Tomoko. Nothing ever really works out for her (either because she sabotages herself or just plain bad luck).

Soremachi 1-12

Hey, this was great. Probably SHAFT's warmest show. Nearly teared up during the finale, but it was just like SHAFT to put an egregious pantyshot into the series' most moving scene :p

wonzo

Banned
What a coincidence, I'm digging up clams right now!
Yeah, pretty shameful that he forgot to mention watching Home and Away while having a shrimp on the barbie during all that clam digging.
That sounds more like New Zealand.

Australians say "put the shrimp on the baaahbie"

while New Zealanders say "put the shrimp on the baaaaahbie"*

*this joke from Flight of the Conchords doesn't transfer too well in text form**
**I assure you it was very funny when they said it
DINGOS ATE MY BABY
pls no
emot-qq.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I still maintain Watamote was a horrible, vile, mean spirited and repetitive creation and its tanking was the sign that sometimes the universe knows what it is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom