• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanon 08

I'm assuming I'm in the Makoto arc of the visual novel. So...
Makoto is a fox.
Wtf? This makes Yuuichi and Makoto's relationship with one another cross the line of sweet to creepy. It looks like
Makoto lost her memory and is soon going to lose her life because she used some form of magic to transform into a human.
This is even weirder than the robot bs from Clannad.

Well... It's not that weird with it AFAIK being based on Japanese folklore
about shape-shifting foxes. Check out the wikipedia entry on kitsune if you really want to know more.
The Makoto arc is my least favorite anyway, but for other reasons than yours.

Mokoi

Banned
Yes! AnimeGAF knows Nico is best!

Jc3cVU0.gif

hW3j8H9.jpg

Jk she is actually not bad

What do people fucking see in Nico

Good question. I don't see the appeal.

I think people that are 21 are youngins.

Or everyone not born in the 80's or before them.

I was born in the 90s. Damm seems that I'm a youngin. At least I grew up with nes playing super mario bros.

This is what I do. 15 was amazing, certainly the highlight.

The sad truth is that episode 15 is by far the peak of TTGL, so savour it while it lasts.

I love the entirety of TTGL. I know there's a few people out there who prefer the first half to the second, but I love all of it.

Especially what they do with the movies.

Gurren Lagann 17 - These are (Not) The Mechs You Are Looking For

2) Why is Rossiu (forehead kid) such a dick?

3) Everyone has certainly.... changed.

4) Awwww the little kids have
grown up
. That's cool.

8) WTF at the last part of this episode.

1. I hated Rossiu in this arc watching it for the first time too.

2. Well, that's what time does to people.

3. I loved what they did with that. Giving them
little mini-Gurren Lagann's was cool to see.

4. And so it begins. You thought
the Beastmen were bad? Well, get ready to meet the Anti-Spirals.

Usagi Drop 02

xBFhuF2.gif

Pretty darn cute.

Clothes shopping and finding a nursery school. Daikichi's job doesn't seem to gel that good with having a kid around. Quite amusing show so far.

/XX/

Unfortunately no, as I only had it in me to do the 6+ hour trip once. I'm also not a big fan of Inferno Cop either. Despite me being a fan of the studio, the only work I've really liked that they've done is LWA. BTW there's some Inferno Cop tidbits out there from the panel as they did talk a bit about IC. The panels at AnimeNEXT were covered better than the stuff at Animazement.
Yeah, that last part is true. Anyway, thanks again for the information provided! :)

great animations, great music (for example, loved this scene), I also enjoyed the humor and the nonsense/the story behind it. I just didn't like that they only made 6 episodes.
Ah, really? I thought 6 episodes was just about the perfect amount. And I definitely don't think they could have kept the production as tight and consistent if they made it any longer.
If it is true what is said about GAiNAX spending the equivalent of a 2-'cour' series' budget on the experiment for digital production processes that were the OVAs (a statement that I don't doubt one bit seeing that KING RECORDS was willing to green-light and finance for them any project at that time), I don't even begin to imagine how much would have cost doing more equally expensive volumes!

Some Gainax love around here
The sad truth is that episode 15 is by far the peak of TTGL, so savour it while it lasts.
No wonder they described episode 15 as a mini-film... more than 4 months of full-production for the episode's animation with people like Tadashi Hiramatsu working on the actual key animation for it since before the series commenced to air, 440 cuts with a storyboard that gave Sushio more work than the entirety of animation correction he did for ONE PIECE MOVIE #6, and all that with Masahiko Ōtsuka being not so convinced that they could complete the episode in time (http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagann/2007/07/15_11a9.html) until the very end of the day before its TV emission when we could see Sushio posing prideful with that madness of a schedule table (http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagann/2007/07/15_a2f5.html)... just an amazing effort overall!

You forget the worst outcome: A doomed Mappa-esque startup.
Or one start-up where the original powerful creative drive seems to have diluted in favour of just maintaining the studio afloat... oh, initial ascension Inc., where art thou?

Pedophile character aside, I still think "Listen To Me Girls, I'm You're Father!" is better than Usagi Drop.
I disagree. If they had kept the drama longer it would have been better but after a couple of episodes it transformed into slice of life comedy and "I can't believe my three nieces are this c- get the fuck away from them you fat bastard I hope big tits senpai will notice me"

In fact let me go on record and say that the anime with the pretty boy taking care of his little cousin is da best for me. It had a decent amount of drama and a blooming romance that ended up being very good.

I disagree. If they had kept the drama longer it would have been better but after a couple of episodes it transformed into slice of life comedy and "I can't believe my three nieces are this c- get the fuck away from them you fat bastard I hope big tits senpai will notice me"

In fact let me go on record and say that the anime with the pretty boy taking care of his little cousin is da best for me. It had a decent amount of drama and a blooming romance that ended up being very good.

You're not talking about Canvas 2 are you? God I hope not.

My main issue with Usagi Drop is that everyone seemed to adjust to easily. I never really got a serious sense of drama. Also, manga ending.

TheRancor

No wonder they described episode 15 as a mini-film... more than 4 months of full-production for the episode's animation with people like Tadashi Hiramatsu working on the actual key animation for it since before the series commenced to air, 440 cuts with a storyboard that gave Sushio more work than the entirety of animation correction he did for ONE PIECE MOVIE #6, and all that with Masahiko Ōtsuka being not so convinced that they could complete the episode in time (http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagann/2007/07/15_11a9.html) until the very end of the day before its TV emission when we could see Sushio posing prideful with that madness of a schedule table (http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagann/2007/07/15_a2f5.html)... just an amazing effort overall!
Yeap, crazy amount of work. I believe it also had around 22000 (key?) frames of animation.

MCD

c6GclHP.jpg

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...est-ie-project-launches-gargantia-sky-courier

This time around, Microsoft is working with Japanese anime studio Production I.G to launch Gargantia: Sky Courier in the browser. While we know not everyone is a fan of anime, this series is one of the most popular in Japan, so it has a loyal (and large) following.

Sky Courier is an interactive game with two modes, story and mission. As you can see from the screenshot, it sticks to the traditional anime style and should provide fans with hours of enjoyment.

The game: http://fly.gargantia.jp/

Not sure if it was worth a thread but fun little game despite the turd anime.

Well... It's not that weird with it AFAIK being based on Japanese folklore
about shape-shifting foxes. Check out the wikipedia entry on kitsune if you really want to know more.
The Makoto arc is my least favorite anyway, but for other reasons than yours.

I'm assuming this arc is equivalent to the Fuko arc from Clannad (also my least favorite arc). Well, at least things can only get better!

You're not talking about Canvas 2 are you? God I hope not.

My main issue with Usagi Drop is that everyone seemed to adjust to easily. I never really got a serious sense of drama. Also, manga ending.

While it is true that everyone does adjust to this new situation quite well, I don't think it requires any more drama than what is shown in the anime. Also the manga doesn't exist so you can't take points away for that.

Mature

A recommend comment of Sidonia from Kojima

http://www.knightsofsidonia.com/comment/
A show saved Japanese culture
NhXrvnc.jpg

...wait i thought he should be busy with MGS?
Unfortunately, while i'll follow Kojima to the ends of the earth, our tastes in anime seem to deviate pretty heavily.

I wonder if Hideo Kojima ended up finishing and liking as a whole Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine, after the great expectations he had for it.
I seem to remember him saying something about Psycho-Pass as well, but that may have been someone else.

Tenumi

Banned
Soul Eater Not!: 10

Well, there's some drama and action for you. Also a little background on the base Soul Eater story!

cnet128

Banned
Maki obsession is another one I don't understand

Yeah, Nico obsession I understand perfectly, but Maki obsession is beyond me.

I actually kind of dislike Maki because she hogs all the Nico yuri fan material, which would be much improved if they paired Nico with almost any other girl.

docbon

re: no game no life

When I quickly glanced over the recommendations and heard the word fan service, I expected the usual T&A shots.

I wasn't expecting them to be of his 11 year old sister.
1qMy5xh.png

I think I'm just too pure for this shit.

Mature

re: no game no life

When I quickly glanced over the recommendations and heard the word fan service, I expected the usual T&A shots.

I wasn't expecting them to be of his 11 year old sister.
1qMy5xh.png

I think I'm just too pure for this shit.
Not too pure! Any reasonable person is not attracted to under aged imoutos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom