• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gurren Lagann 16 - KLK Did Recap Episodes Better
7255erfqzwbs1ai.jpg
KLK's "recap" was better... in the sense that it was like 2 minutes long and used it as a joke basically calling it a trope.

All this episode did was
make me miss Kamina and showed some cool concept art (which I appreciate; I love seeing concept art)

Onwards to episode 17.

Jex

Courtesy of Catsuka, Masaaki Yuasa and Eunyoung Choi have just announced the opening of a new anime studio together, called Science Saru.

The logo, amusingly, is made from the monkey in Kemonozume.

They have a website up here but everything is password protected so there's not much to say really.

Doomed vanity project or exciting Mappa-esque startup? I hope for the latter!

You forget the worst outcome: A doomed Mappa-esque startup.

cajunator

Banned
No, I think they are using the same discs as the half-sets going off of the slipcase stating eight discs. Sorry for the confusion. I also don't own the original Steins;Gate releases. Just assumed that most complete collection sets use three BD-50s, instead of two BD-50s and two BD-25s. The DVDs are almost always six to seven episodes per disc, so those usually work out using original discs for multi-cour series.

Oh there was that podcast briefly covering the differences between Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. titles. I just remember hearing that most Anime Classics titles sold well or better than expected, while S.A.V.E. titles only met expectations or sold poorly. Hence why both Shangri-La and Shiki S.A.V.E.s being sold with their original artboxes and half-sets being combined for a short time to use up old stock.

shangri la is a very interesting series. It was very ambitious and quite inconsistent in quality and tried to do too much but it was a fun ride. Kuniko is a cutie!

Are you talking about the NSFW one? That one was horrifying.

ahahahahah. Thoraxes legacy.

Hm... Is it legally streaming anywhere?

Might buy it on DVD next month.

I have the whole thing on dvd. If yall really wanna see it.

All of half an ep! If that's what you're after, might check out Rayearth though.

Yesssssssssss

Hattori

Banned
Jojo 10
It's amazing how a change of protagonist can make a difference. Joseph Joestar completely outclasses his grandpa in terms of charisma. And being voiced by Sugita adds to his greatness :)
Narag's Hype delivers.

Hattori

Banned
He just comes off as a typical goody goody shonen jump protagonist (Jonathan,) so seeing Joseph is a breath of fresh air. He reminds me of Gintoki (not just because of his VA but his spontaneity and personality.)

Articalys

HaCh Precure ep.20

I'm actually mildly surprised they didn't wrap up that plot point yet.

edit: also there's no way in hell that mirror isn't going to be the final boss now.

mankoto

Love Live! School Idol Project 05-10
oc475jT.png

Out of all the ones to pull the lesbian antics, I honestly didn't expect it to be Nozomi. By far my favorite character is Nico. How she tries to be acknowledged/fit in from time to time is really cute. Not sure if I should just move onto season 2 or start Idolm@ster when I finish up tomorrow.

Psycho-Pass 02-13
I really must've been half asleep when I first saw this. I remembered the layout of the episodes quite well and even what happened in them, but as for real details I'd probably fail that. For instance I didn't realize that
the original Boogie Woogie died or that Oryo was the cause of the missing students and that those "sculptures" were her fellow classmates.
I'm going on a limb here and am going to guess that Akane has that disease where her Psycho-Pass can't be read accurately.

Puchimas!! 63

Attempted sexy pose!

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 2 07-10

I do like how sometimes the endings change depending on which chapter they covered in the episode.

Majin Bone 12

A whole episode of KENN screaming and yelling was pretty enjoyable.

Out of all the ones to pull the lesbian antics, I honestly didn't expect it to be Nozomi. By far my favorite character is Nico. How she tries to be acknowledged/fit in from time to time is really cute. Not sure if I should just move onto season 2 or start Idolm@ster when I finish up tomorrow.

Yes! AnimeGAF knows Nico is best!

Jc3cVU0.gif

Gurren Lagann 17 - These are (Not) The Mechs You Are Looking For
Okay several things...

1)
Seven year time skip
. I can roll with that.

2) Why is Rossiu (forehead kid) such a dick?

3) Everyone has certainly.... changed.

4) Awwww the little kids have
grown up
. That's cool.

5) Nia is still naive as ever. That's part of her charm. Simon
proposing was sweet

6) Forehead kid is still a douche.

7)
Kamina City
. Nice little tribute.

8) WTF at the last part of this episode.

duckroll

Courtesy of Catsuka, Masaaki Yuasa and Eunyoung Choi have just announced the opening of a new anime studio together, called Science Saru.

The logo, amusingly, is made from the monkey in Kemonozume.

They have a website up here but everything is password protected so there's not much to say really.

Doomed vanity project or exciting Mappa-esque startup? I hope for the latter!

Announced? What do you mean? Is there a press release or something?

Science Saru isn't that new a studio, it seems to have been around since last year at least. It's a small studio with a number of foreigners working there, all specializing in Flash animation iirc. They've been working on Ping Pong too, for Flash tweening.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 133
Hmm It seems they all started bleeding at the same time..the effect of the bomb and being too close to it? I dont know if they established if the bombs were nuclear or not.
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 134
250px-Sweating-Man.jpg

oc475jT.png

Hop onto iM@S as its a completed series already then continue on with Love Live! S2 imo.

mankoto

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 133
Hmm It seems they all started bleeding at the same time..the effect of the bomb and being too close to it? I dont know if they established if the bombs were nuclear or not.
I'm not watching the anime so I don't know how they explained it, but in the manga it's said that it also releases all sorts of poisons and it wouldn't be safe to build there for quite a while. So, yeah...

I just remembered that the both original Baka and Test releases for season one and two had an extras disc for the DVDs, which the S.A.V.E. editions don't appear to have! It's like ADVs non-single releases all over again. There were quite a few specials for both the first and second season releases. I truly regret not getting these before they went OOP.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm not watching the anime so I don't know how they explained it, but in the manga it's said that it also releases all sorts of poisons and it wouldn't be safe to build there for quite a while. So, yeah...

yeah, they explained it in the next episode, thank god something like that doesnt exist, it's worst than the
atom bomb
since it actually is contagious.

Clov

Just watched Hunter x Hunter episode 82. This arc so far has been really creepy. The chimera ants themselves disturb me. It's also been pretty violent, even considering some of the things that have happened in previous arcs. I guess this is why it got moved to a later timeslot.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 3

So yeah, these CG scenes are really weird. But at least they're interesting compared to the rest.

ifU6pplm1qi0J.jpg

Nagisa's dad is the best.

Harem +1

Random dramatic electrician.

A cat. Dented the hood of a car. I just don't know.

He-rem +1?

Goddammit, this roommate guy. Chauvinist fool.

Does...does he not realize that girls shave their legs?

I like the way Nagisa salts her bread. Wait, did he just eat her tears?

Steal a knife. Return it. Get a wooden star?

Hamrem +1

I am enjoying the trend of Sunohara getting kicked. It's so satisfying.

Just how many girls are we supposed to be keeping track of here?

Clannad 3

So yeah, these CG scenes are really weird. But at least they're interesting compared to the rest.

ifU6pplm1qi0J.jpg

Nagisa's dad is the best.

Harem +1

Random dramatic electrician.

A cat. Dented the hood of a car. I just don't know.

He-rem +1?

Goddammit, this roommate guy. Chauvinist fool.

Does...does he not realize that girls shave their legs?

I like the way Nagisa salts her bread. Wait, did he just eat her tears?

Steal a knife. Return it. Get a wooden star?

Hamrem +1

I am enjoying the trend of Sunohara getting kicked. It's so satisfying.

Just how many girls are we supposed to be keeping track of here?

Akio is the best.

Sunohara being the punching bag never gets old.

I agree that lots of people are introduced early but don't fret over it, the show will pace itself enough to get you to know a good amount about each character. Fuko is not part of this harem. It's not really a harem but you'll understand that at a later time.

Link Man

Banned
Akio is the best.

Sunohara being the punching bag never gets old.

I agree that lots of people are introduced early but don't fret over it, the show will pace itself enough to get you to know a good amount about each character. Fuko is not part of this harem. It's not really a harem but you'll understand that at a later time.

If you didn't notice, the harem comments are a bit of a joke.

If you didn't notice, the harem comments are a bit of a joke.

I noticed with the play on words. ;)

Although I was clarifying for some others because uttering the word harem drives people away from certain shows. :/

Edit: Making some good progress on the FFV challenge. Almost at the Fire Crystal and the generator has given me Mystic Knight/Sorcerer and Black Mage so far. Got pretty lucky with this challenge so far. Let's see where my luck will run up.

duckroll

Sorry, forgot the original article link which hosanna posted earlier here. Technically Catsuka announced it, not Yuasa/Choi. I are bad news reporter!

Oh I see. I guess more people are noticing the studio now since they did the Adventure Time episode. Wish there was more actual information. Oh well!

Theonik

Magipoka 6

Takeaway from this ep was there's no greater monster in existence than the magical girl.
Did she interfere with mofu.

At least if the very end of this show is crap I can default to this as the "real ending". Also the scene used above right before
they go in for a full blown attack
was amazing. Great animation the entire episode. My jaw was on the ground for most of the episode. I need to go take a walk. FUCK...
Funny you mention that. A lot of people do treat this as the real ending.

TsuXna

I've quit Fairy Tail long time ago like on episode 105 or something, decided to give it one more shot now, but God i can't watch it...so much drama, drama, drama, drama, drama >< Maybe i just should miss Tenrou Island arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom