• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did that show end up with such incredible animation? It shouldnt be possible.

The power of 2D animation trumping CG dancing!

Ahh okay. Well I have yet to watch idolm@ster. Is that girl supposed to be group leader or something?

Somewhat, her leadership role is more subtle and not pronounced until her character arcs at the end. And iM@S is the only idol show that ultimately matters.

BluWacky

As I'm watching Digimon Adventure right now, and it's still the best one in the franchise which got me thinking --Which anime shows in a franchise completely surpassed their predecessor?

- arguably Macross Plus surpasses the original by some margin
- various later instalments in the Gundam franchise are seen as superior to the original series
- most people seem to like the new Hunter X Hunter better than the original anime (although it's more of a remake than a sequel - likewise FMA Brotherhood)
- Sailor Moon S is widely regarded as the "best" season
- KyoAni's Fullmetal Panic anime are seen as a huge step forward from Gonzo's version
- I wholeheartedly believe that Blood-C (TV) is the best part of the Blood franchise in pretty much every way (except that Blood+ has a couple of good OP sequences)
- Fate/Zero compared to Fate/Stay Night is the obvious recent one

Just a few suggestions. It's easier to think of disappointing sequels!

Was thinking about watching Kill la Kill and then I discover it's been recently added to Netflix, that's pretty neat. Also I'm probably going to be watching my first ever Miyazaki movie Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind tonight.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
To be fair, they are all cuties. Except Miki. She sucks.

Regular, yes.

Awakened Miki's kinda cute though.

Ssj_miki.png

But it would have been more appropriate for it to end with her like that since this episode closes out Volume 2.

I'm sure you've noticed that the anime changed littles things all around the volume 1 & 2 , and i'm pretty sure the last part will have subtle changes too.

I'm not sure that ending on a dead eyed depressed loli would be good way to motivate people.( in anime ) They made a good change.

As I'm watching Digimon Adventure right now, and it's still the best one in the franchise which got me thinking --Which anime shows in a franchise completely surpassed their predecessor?

I would say all the later seasons of Ojamajo Doremi are better than the 1st season. It had it's high points but none of them hit as high as the later ones, especially Na-i-sho.

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 7

WHELP

I honestly wasn't expecting that twist, seems like this plot isn't going to waste time getting to super natural crazy and possibly alternate reality stuff. Glad to see the series isn't going to neglect XYZ monsters now hopefully synchro's show up soon too

Well... At least I can agree with you on the fact that iM@S is the better show.

Yay, but that isn't to say Love Live! didn't have any good come out of it, after all it gave us A-Rise.

She doesn't try to be Haruka at all. I mean for one Honoka is on the sex offender's register while Haruka isn't.

Got me there. But I was referring to the 'leadership role' of an idol group in general. And then there's her character flashbacks making Honoka seem to care for her friends and... yeah Haruka did it better.

/XX/

As expected I stopped watching the two shows I was following after 4 episodes. RIP anime industry.
In that case, and as you prefer dramas, I hope that you are willing to follow and tell us impressions about the upcoming live action adaptation of Kazuhiko Shimamoto's graphical novel Blue Flame (Aoi Honō)...

【ドラマ24】アオイホノオ: 番組情報 : テレビ東京
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/official/aoihonoo/

... although I was more interested on its success for it could mean a future animation series based on it and made by GAiNAX, as Mr. Shimamoto wanted it!

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 7

WHELP

I honestly wasn't expecting that twist, seems like this plot isn't going to waste time getting to super natural crazy and possibly alternate reality stuff. Glad to see the series isn't going to neglect XYZ monsters now hopefully synchro's show up soon too

It was one of the most shocking moments in the series yet. Still unforgettable even a week after its airing.

cnet128

Banned

- I felt Symphogear G was a big step up from the original Symphogear
- Everyone seems to agree that Nanoha A's outdid the original Nanoha on every level
- Though it's not a separate series, everyone and their mother prefers Part 2 of Jojo to Part 1

Oh, and then there's Eureka Seven AO... I'm sorry, I shouldn't even joke about that.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 9

The DRAMA side of this show is so weird and I can't help but feel like the show would probably be better off if it was removed entirely. That said, still a fairly fun episode, with new princess girl still being adorable and Megumu
in a wedding dress
, lol.

cajunator

Banned
- Everyone seems to agree that Nanoha A's outdid the original Nanoha on every level
- Though it's not a separate series, everyone and their mother prefers Part 2 of Jojo to Part 1

Oh, and then there's Eureka Seven AO... I'm sorry, I shouldn't even joke about that.

The DRAMA side of this show is so weird and I can't help but feel like the show would probably be better off if it was removed entirely. That said, still a fairly fun episode, with new princess girl still being adorable and Megumu
in a wedding dress
, lol.

Yeah Nanoha A's is a supreme example of a sequel outdoing its predecessor.

The First 9 Minutes of Kamigami no Asobi - 2

So let me get this straight, Zeus gathered some random gods to try to "understand humans "by forcing them to attend a High School he created on some random island, and the heroine is there to help them "understand humans" along the way.

Sure, I'll go with it.

11 Minutes into Kamigami no Asobi - 2

..and now there is a mascot character. I can't do it anymore. I am done.

Articalys

So let me get this straight, Zeus gathered some random gods to try to "understand humans "by forcing them to attend a High School he created on some random island, and the heroine is there to help them "understand humans" along the way.

Sure, I'll go with it.
I'm sure there have been more ridiculous justifications in the history of anime for why a high school girl is surrounded by a group of bishounen.

Sure, I'll go with it.

Wat.

images

Link Man

Banned
One Week Friends 9

Shogo is Haruhi.

Wow, Saki can be a bit harsh at times.

And Kaori has made math cute.

Wonder why they blocked out Mr. Fujimiya's face.

Saki's "Yatta" is so wonderful.

Is this a Ken Akamatsu anime, now?

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Anyone know what's up with the rights to Monster?
It's not available to watch streaming or available to buy anywhere.
Shame, it's one of my favorite series.

cnet128

Banned
Stardust Crusaders 9

Well I'm never going to enjoy cherries in quite the same way.

Are they going on the list with tomatoes, oranges and pancakes? (Am I missing anything?) =p

Isshuukan Friends 9

A wonderful sweet episode as usual, and then...that ending.

I can certainly see why some people are worried about this turn of events, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. If anything, it's just bringing the show's premise back into focus, since the whole memory loss thing had almost stopped even being an issue of late. A little more drama around the subject could be a good thing as long as the resolution is nice, and I have faith in this show's ability to bring the heartwarming.

We'll see how this goes.

Hattori

Banned
- arguably Macross Plus surpasses the original by some margin
- various later instalments in the Gundam franchise are seen as superior to the original series
- most people seem to like the new Hunter X Hunter better than the original anime (although it's more of a remake than a sequel - likewise FMA Brotherhood)
- Sailor Moon S is widely regarded as the "best" season
- KyoAni's Fullmetal Panic anime are seen as a huge step forward from Gonzo's version
- I wholeheartedly believe that Blood-C (TV) is the best part of the Blood franchise in pretty much every way (except that Blood+ has a couple of good OP sequences)
- Fate/Zero compared to Fate/Stay Night is the obvious recent one

Just a few suggestions. It's easier to think of disappointing sequels!
Yeah it is much easier to find disappointing sequels, but definitely agreed on the FMP and F/Z.

I would say all the later seasons of Ojamajo Doremi are better than the 1st season. It had it's high points but none of them hit as high as the later ones, especially Na-i-sho.
I definitely need to get back on the Doremi train.

in a wedding dress
, lol.
I haven't even finished the first E7, to have an opinion on the second one. It couldn't have been that bad could it?
I mean E7 wasn't that great to begin with anyway, at least for me.

Kurita

In that case, and as you prefer dramas, I hope that you are willing to follow and tell us impressions about the upcoming live action adaptation of Kazuhiko Shimamoto's graphical novel Blue Flame (Aoi Honō)...

【ドラマ24】アオイホノオ: 番組情報 : テレビ東京
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/official/aoihonoo/

... although I was more interested on its success for it could mean a future animation series based on it and made by GAiNAX, as Mr. Shimamoto wanted it!

Oh god a midnight drama, this will be corny as hell. Will watch.

Haven't watched Ando Lloyd but from what I can gather it wasn't really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom