• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

It's a yearly tradition in the Laser Disc room at Anime-Expo for them to show On Your Mark. I love that short and I was a bit upset to see it removed from that set. I'll keep the memory alive!
And now that tradition will obtain an even greater significance. That will do, my man, that is the way!

Muahahaha, now there's a show.
This reminds me of Sora no Ramirez or whatever it was called. lol
Yeah, yeah:

Soramirez Do Everything - So Ra No Wo To Wiki
http://soranowoto.wikia.com/wiki/Soramirez_Do_Everything

I don't get where the "unnecessary" comes from though. The show revolves around her condition: how she's getting better, getting worse, and how/why is happened in the first place. The recent conflict is directly related to her affliction, making it more relevant than the dumb fight they had in ep 4 (which was the peak of Hase's insecurity issues), which is pretty much resolved when he
made the transition from being simply her friend to seeing her as more than that
. I understand if people just say they liked the fluffy stuff more, but I don't think recent developments were sight unseen. The fact that they kept this premise going as long and as varied as they have is a minor miracle.

AND HOW CAN YOU SAY ANY OF THIS WHEN YOU'RE STILL WATCHING BRYNHILDR

[IM]http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/kitsurubami0_2.gif[/IMG]

YOU SHUT. YOUR MOUTH. BRYNHIDLDIIRIRIDIDIFIRIRIDMFNF IS TOTALLY ACCURATE.

AND SUPER FUCKING HILARIOUS BECAUSE THE PLOT AND CHARACTERS ARE FULL RETARD.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh now I don't know if I want to watch this week's One Week Friend's as it looks like unnecessary drama is turned up to 100%

Unfortunately thats how to get more mileage out of a romantic show and a tactic that seems to work with audiences.

You will be lucky to get out of this thread alive.

Theres a sizeable Chitoge faction here though.

It's a yearly tradition in the Laser Disc room at Anime-Expo for them to show On Your Mark. I love that short and I was a bit upset to see it removed from that set. I'll keep the memory alive!

This little animation short was a true classic. I wish it had become something more.

I can show you the wooooooooooooooorld
Shining, shimmering, spleeeeeeeeeendid
Tell me, Miyuki, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
To how fucking awesome I am
Over, sideways and under
I just created magic flight!

A whole new wooooooooooooooooooooorld
A new fantastic magiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic
No one to tell me no! That's impossible!
No one tells Onii-chan what he can't dooooooooooo

creative yet disturbing

sUPKbhJ.gif

Oh god NOOOOOOOO. Goddammit NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I liked that she had two personalities one cute and one completely different. It made it even cuter when she went into her nico nico mode.

Yesssssssssss
Oh I love this show so much! Even ordered a Nendoroid.

I post it in here often. Some of the best CG dancing animation yet.

Eh, I don't like that kind of thing. Hmm... But now that I think about it I don't mind Akira in Lucky Star or Kanako in Oreimo, so maybe it's just something about Nico I just don't like.

It's more like some kind of vocaloid thing, so it's not as weird as the Love Live dancing.

She has a cameo in Golden Time!

The music wasnt changed much, just dubbed over a bit. It still keeps the spirit of the original but with some silly lyrics changes.

I'll get to Golden Time sometime :p

Ah, ok. Swedish dub had the songs dubbed too.

Recent episode too.

"I have the power to do this one stuff everybody in the world is affected by"

"HA HA BITCH YOU FORGET I'M PROTAG AND LIKE I HAVE THIS ONE SKILL THAT NOBODY ELSE IN THE VICINITY HAS THAT MAKES ME IMMUNE"

Also the fact the way she gets the attention of people is by raising her skirt. Seriously anime. Just get it over with and each time there's a witch fight have WUB WUB WUBs in the fight.

Irregular At Magic High School 9

So in this weeks episode of my sister isn't that thirsty yet, our main character has to deal with standing outside a bus and taking attendance, IT'S NOT SOMETHING JUST ANYONE CAN DO because it might be hot outside and they could possibly get tired standing there

At the same time the student council president wears a completely out of uniform outfit to try and seduce our MC, who at first we think is just doing the shonen thing of being oblivious to her advances... BUT NO she was apparently using some kind of spell to try and seduce him, GOOD THING OUR MC IS SO GREAT AT CANCELING OUT MAGIC even after he was made to STAND OUTSIDE THE BUS AND TAKE ATTENDENCE

Early in the episode, we actually found out our MC is not only a secret agent, chosen protector, gods gift to man, and master magician, but also one of the worlds greatest inventors in secret because that would be far to embarrassing to be famous for any of the shit you can do. But of course the people who test out this magic ability have no where NEAR the power of the MC and his sister so they'll have to work to adapt it for those mere peasant magician who have no where near that kind of power.

We then met the father of our MC's sister (and maybe him? it wasn't clear they did state the siblings have different mothers and their mothers are sisters) and apparently our MC is a bogus mage despite the fact his mother and her sister were two powerful mages

Aw fuck it that plot line was too stupid to follow

What it lead to was sister getting upset and her god like onii-chan holding her close as she cried and they walked away. Thankfully our MC got the chance to verbally smack down the butler who was just being a massive dick for reasons.

Then we see the Brother talking with I guess his team for the upcoming magic sports event, of course his team entirely insists of girls and ALL of theme are either thirsty as FUCK or Tsundere as hell. Thankfully we know the sister isn't thirsty yet or else she might destroy half the planet as even the slightest hint of jealous in the past has shown her ice powers to go crazy and breaking things in it's path

What is going to happen when she is actually thirsty I wonder? Will the Earth turn into Hoth where only wampa ice beast and tauntauns can live? Would be a good place for the MC's secret government agency to hide against the terrorist that seem to have nothing better to do then target kids going to magic high school. Actually now that I think about it this be more like Frozen then Star Wars only instead of the endless winter ending from true love it'd just end from our MC banging his sister, not because he loves her or anything god forbid he show ANY EMOTION but just because it'd further advance not only his magical powers but his sisters too? I'm surprised this hasn't been a plot point yet and would probably make the series 10 times better

There was also a weird scene with big boobs girl with magic eyes and the random good soccer playing kid introduce randomly last episode, apparently he's able to use some kind of ancient magic to summon spirits so naturally he decides practicing this in the middle of the school is a good idea and is naturally caught by big boobs girl due to her sharigan eyes. Our MC magically teleports half way across the school to stop the spirits from hurting her, and then when soccer spirit guy realizes big boobs sharigan has the sharigan he gets harder then Kishi drawing Sauske and gets close to her stating that "a year ago I might have raped you made you mine, but I'm over that now" of course this leads to lots of awkward blushing between another OTP.

And of course the finale is a random car EXPLODING INTO FIRE because if you thought pro sports were SERIOUS BUSINESS you ain't got nothing on magic high school. Thankfully a school bus full of magicians largely has no idea how to stop the fiery ball hurling towards them leading to what might be the most pointless cliff hanger in anime history. I guess being in a 10 mile radius of the MC makes you pants on head stupid.

At least we know the sister character isn't thirsty yet, thankfully I have something to look forward to

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 21 Justice (reversed)

One of my predictions didnt have to come true.
Why did Ichihime have to go like that along with Caesar. At this rate someone else in the main cast may die too :(

cajunator

Banned
Eh, I don't like that kind of thing. Hmm... But now that I think about it I don't mind Akira in Lucky Star or Kanako in Oreimo, so maybe it's just something about Nico I just don't like.

It's more like some kind of vocaloid thing, so it's not as weird as the Love Live dancing.

I'll get to Golden Time sometime :p

Ah, ok. Swedish dub had the songs dubbed too.

I always liked those silly characters that put on a facade, especially an adorable one. Its endearing to me that they have a moody personality and then they act super cute like that. Maybe its a bit of that tsundere thing but presented a different way.

Be careful with Golden time. It can get VERY frustrating!

Huh... that's... uh...

giphy.gif

UUUGGGGHHH. IT MAKES FUNNY SCREENCAPS BUT I WANT TO DIE.

DTL gonna DTL

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmm... I never considered playing On Your Mark in my laser room.

Might put a smile on the other person's face before they're sliced in half.

cajunator

Banned
Huh... that's... uh...

giphy.gif

UUUGGGGHHH. IT MAKES FUNNY SCREENCAPS BUT I WANT TO DIE.

Thats some special dialogue right there.

So in this weeks episode of my sister isn't that thirsty yet, our main character has to deal with standing outside a bus and taking attendance, IT'S NOT SOMETHING JUST ANYONE CAN DO because it might be hot outside and they could possibly get tired standing there

At the same time the student council president wears a completely out of uniform outfit to try and seduce our MC, who at first we think is just doing the shonen thing of being oblivious to her advances... BUT NO she was apparently using some kind of spell to try and seduce him, GOOD THING OUR MC IS SO GREAT AT CANCELING OUT MAGIC even after he was made to STAND OUTSIDE THE BUS AND TAKE ATTENDENCE

Early in the episode, we actually found out our MC is not only a secret agent, chosen protector, gods gift to man, and master magician, but also one of the worlds greatest inventors in secret because that would be far to embarrassing to be famous for any of the shit you can do. But of course the people who test out this magic ability have no where NEAR the power of the MC and his sister so they'll have to work to adapt it for those mere peasant magician who have no where near that kind of power.

We then met the father of our MC's sister (and maybe him? it wasn't clear they did state the siblings have different mothers and their mothers are sisters) and apparently our MC is a bogus mage despite the fact his mother and her sister were two powerful mages

What it lead to was sister getting upset and her god like onii-chan holding her close as she cried and they walked away. Thankfully our MC got the chance to verbally smack down the butler who was just being a massive dick for reasons.

Then we see the Brother talking with I guess his team for the upcoming magic sports event, of course his team entirely insists of girls and ALL of theme are either thirsty as FUCK or Tsundere as hell. Thankfully we know the sister isn't thirsty yet or else she might destroy half the planet as even the slightest hint of jealous in the past has shown her ice powers to go crazy and breaking things in it's path

What is going to happen when she is actually thirsty I wonder? Will the Earth turn into Hoth where only wampa ice beast and tauntauns can live? Would be a good place for the MC's secret government agency to hide against the terrorist that seem to have nothing better to do then target kids going to magic high school. Actually now that I think about it this be more like Frozen then Star Wars only instead of the endless winter ending from true love it'd just end from our MC banging his sister, not because he loves her or anything god forbid he show ANY EMOTION but just because it'd further advance not only his magical powers but his sisters too? I'm surprised this hasn't been a plot point yet and would probably make the series 10 times better

There was also a weird scene with big boobs girl with magic eyes and the random good soccer playing kid introduce randomly last episode, apparently he's able to use some kind of ancient magic to summon spirits so naturally he decides practicing this in the middle of the school is a good idea and is naturally caught by big boobs girl due to her sharigan eyes. Our MC magically teleports half way across the school to stop the spirits from hurting her, and then when soccer spirit guy realizes big boobs sharigan has the sharigan he gets harder then Kishi drawing Sauske and gets close to her stating that "a year ago I might have raped you made you mine, but I'm over that now" of course this leads to lots of awkward blushing between another OTP.

And of course the finale is a random car EXPLODING INTO FIRE because if you thought pro sports were SERIOUS BUSINESS you ain't got nothing on magic high school. Thankfully a school bus full of magicians largely has no idea how to stop the fiery ball hurling towards them leading to what might be the most pointless cliff hanger in anime history. I guess being in a 10 mile radius of the MC makes you pants on head stupid.

At least we know the sister character isn't thirsty yet, thankfully I have something to look forward to

This is like the worst thing ever or the best thing ever. I cant decide.

cajunator

Banned
So what I gather is that I should generally stay away from MAhouka and Brynhfgdfhsdlfhlfsdlhl unless I really hate myself.

Superflat

So what I gather is that I should generally stay away from MAhouka and Brynhfgdfhsdlfhlfsdlhl unless I really hate myself.

I do think both shows would be great to watch with a group of friends and copious amounts of weed, but I gotta drive an hour out of town for that.

Mahouka is worth watching if you enjoy the guilty pleasure of an extremely OP Gary Stu that is also a dandere. That's a combination you don't tend to hear much about. Also wincest.

Brynhildidiriidndnfidbobetty is a great show because it's so retarded it actually makes it entertaining. Like it's trying so hard to be edgy but it wants to remind you that it's an anime with girls and a harem, so every 5 seconds a girl has to blush and/or get naked and/or do something perverted and/or misunderstand the protagonist. Because you know, ECCHI HENTAI.

Blusby

Ohhh man that Tokyo Ghoul trailer looks nice, I really like the sample tracks that I've heard as well.
Here's the OP if anyone's interested, it's the vocalist from Ling Toshite Shigure (Psycho-Pass's first OP): http://haruka-chi.tumblr.com/

I'm hyped as hell for this.

cajunator

Banned
Mahouka is worth watching if you enjoy the guilty pleasure of an extremely OP Gary Stu that is also a dandere. That's a combination you don't tend to hear much about. Also wincest.

Brynhildidiriidndnfidbobetty is a great show because it's so retarded it actually makes it entertaining. Like it's trying so hard to be edgy but it wants to remind you that it's an anime with girls and a harem, so every 5 seconds a girl has to blush and/or get naked and/or do something perverted and/or misunderstand the protagonist. Because you know, ECCHI HENTAI.

Honestly Im growing tired of that kind of thing. Like ai Yori Aoshi was a great show but would have been so much better if they hadnt also tried to shoehorn a fake harem into it.

TUSR

Banned

holy dicks lol

If it makes you feel better for the most part the protagonist in Brynhildldididirrbobetty doesn't really seem to take the shit the girls give him.

Like in today's episode he runs to the room they're all taking a shower in and they all start doing the typical scream "ecchi! pervert!" thing and he just stares at them like "we don't have time for this shit, actually serious crap is going down stop fucking whining"

The Irregular At Magic High School 9 (15 seconds in)

Oh so our MC is ALSO this Silver guy who's a brilliant inventor who's created some of the words finest magic technology which we also spent 5 minutes last episode having a character fawn over this Silver guy's work.

So the MC is

-A secret agent for some military agency thing
-Chosen protector for his "sister" who's apparently really special for reasons
-A brilliant magic inventor who's created some of the worlds cutting edge magic tech
-AND a brilliant magician who's figured out ways to make impossible spells possible

But despite all of this his amazing powers are immeasurable in the testing centers because they aren't up to his ability so he tests into the lower class? Further his tier 2 friends also are clearly way better then 90% of the class and we have no explanation for why they tested low either.

I understand why every man, woman, and child in the story wants the MC's D seriously he's truly gods gift to man. Knowing our MC he'll figure out a way to clone himself a million times over so that he can cure the thirst of the entire world with his D because that's probably the only way to prevent the world's destruction. Any other possible ending for this story would be terrible outside of maybe him ending up with the "sister" character and just rubbing salt into the wounds of the entire planet.

Serious talk:
Your point 3 & 4 are actually the same thing

As for the reason why he is 2nd tier , that's has been explained plenty of times already. The test doesn't work , because he is so broken. So genious , nobody can label you properly.... the show itself is about an "irregular" at high school.

cajunator

Banned
I started it but then I started a bunch of watch bets and became interested in other shows so Golden Time is still there... still in the backlog... waiting to progress past episode 4.

A certain something in that show is infuriating to a degree that could drive you insane. Just a warning.

cnet128

Banned

Mahouka has the whole ridiculously-OP protagonist and sister who worships him like a god thing going for it, but aside from that honestly it's just plain boring most of the time. It feels like most of the time is spent on overanalysing inconsequential things and it takes forever for anything to actually happen, and then even when things do happen everyone is always so calm and collected about it that they don't feel very exciting. I would agree that it's probably a show to avoid.

Brynhildr on the other hand is a lot of fun. It's trashy drama, sure, but it's always really entertaining to watch, with a plot that keeps moving forward at a nice pace with lots of cool set pieces with creative twists and resolutions, a steadily-growing cast of likeable and original characters with some interesting powers that are used in interesting ways, and the occasional bit of overt fanservice scenes that are so shameless they just add to the entertainment value.

...Oh, and Wixoss is better than either of them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I lost like five paragraphs yesterday when my browser crashed and it didn't recover. I might just do a combined Ep9/Ep10 later this week :/
This is why I always write long reviews in a text document.

cnet128

Banned
Baby Steps 9

It says something good about a show when I'm disappointed when the ED cuts in. No, episode! Don't stop there! I want to see the Miyagawa match!

Oh, and Nacchan's angel-ness is through the roof, but I think that goes without saying at this point.

Whelp back to watching a bunch of horny teens who like sweets try to protect the planet more Captain Earth woo -.-

One of the shows I dropped, I just don't care about the writing or the main characters. They should've just made Star Driver 2.

As far as I care Chaika and Space Dandy are the only recent BONES shows for me.

cajunator

Banned
Im starting to really dislike two things in shows. One is the whole onii-san thing. the other is everyone dick riding a super powerful protagonist. BOth are getting out of hand and really arent actually fun to watch. I dont self-insert into these stories, so it does absolutely nothing to entertain.

Im starting to really dislike two things in shows. One is the whole onii-san thing. the other is everyone dick riding a super powerful protagonist. BOth are getting out of hand and really arent actually fun to watch. I dont self-insert into these stories, so it does absolutely nothing to entertain.

Light Novels are great, huh

jbug617

Banned
Haikyuu 9

I guess the Ace is back. Need more Tanaka though

Baby Steps 9

He is still learning and like romance is slowly creeping in.

You don't have to self insert to be entertained by this. I'm getting tired of unnecessary drama in a romance. Like do the writers not thing that good character writing and realistic issues are not good enough to let the show be good?

But nothing I'm tired more of than anime's need to add moe girls to something and make a show out of it.

Battleship? Add moe girls

Giant robots? Add moe girls

A bloody war showing the most disgusting habits of mankind, with gore and blood and guts everywhere that is a social commentary on what the true nature of humanity is? Add moe girls.

Linkark07

Banned
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - 8

So Livi and Bard finally made peace and now Bard is the new Prime Minister. Oh, and he was only testing Nike to see if she could be a good wife for Livi.

Nichijou - 15

Is it me only or the kid professor is one of the most annoying characters in this show? Still don't like her, especially after Nano wants to have the key on her back removed. But, if you take her out, this show has been quite entertaining so far.

Syrinx

Non Non Biyori 3

Nice episode. Liked when Natsumi was picking on Komari for being scared after watching that horror movie. Sweet scene in their old hideout too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom