• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
No Game no Life - worth watching?

hell yeah it is!

facepalm your way through the fanservice. it's a funny show.

Honestly I like fanservice (sexual) less than most but NGNL hasnt bothered me yet.

You've been desensitized. NGNL is by far the worse fanservice I have seen and put up with.

you definitely havent seen much anime if thats the case. Or you expertly avoided the worst offenders.

There is no shame in bringing beautiful things to the world.

Shiro is totally precious. I ordered a figurine of her basically the moment I saw it. Couldnt pass it up.

Personally I'm blaming Funimation. They should be able to specify home video masters for their release, or at least check the masters to see if there's any extremely obvious censoring. You'd think they'd have learned from the last time this happened. At least this one is being delayed, instead of being sent out censored.

Reminds me of when Sentai released a handful of shows that were 1080i instead of 1080p. They apparently forgot to specify 1080p in their agreements.

This seems to be getting more prevalent. It really bothers me but then theres probably a lot going on behind the scenes that we DONT know about. Trademark and copyright laws are very fickle and the sheer amount that has to be negotiated to license a product for distribution is enormous.

No Game No Life Episode 11

Hold up...

AOTY also has best girl in it. This will get a season 2, no way in hell it doesn't.

Jibril is definitely amazing. Especially her expressions. If a figure gets made Im buying immediately unless its Griffon.

Been tempted to give it a look given how popular it is. Your post makes it sound like something I'd like with the usual reservations I'd have about an unnecessarily lewd show.

Its really fun. Reminds me a lot of Mondaiji and that show entertained immensely for how short it was. Blank is so ridiculously OP but not in the stupid Kirito way but a believable way with two geniuses good at gaming logic.

Can't repel what doesn't exist. I serve only the cute, and as we all know, cute is justice.

Cute is life. Squee is the currency.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
wonzo's probably on the beach by now, angrily digging up clams

He'll find a conch shell half-lodged in the muck of a tidepool as the waves recede, gently lift it to his ear in nostalgic impulse, and within the depths of its pearly folds he'll faintly hear, so very faintly but unmistakably, a voice whispering "your favorite anime is shit."

Gurren Lagann 18

Rossiu is such a dumbass. I've never liked him and almost sympathized with him for a brief moment this episode, but now screw him. He is mostly to blame for this situation anyways.

The show is starting to pull away from why I liked it in the first place. Hopefully it'll pull itself together soon. New OP is cool I guess.

And where the hell is Yoko?

Narag

Gurren Lagann 18

Rossiu is such a dumbass. I've never liked him and almost sympathized with him for a brief moment this episode, but now screw him. He is mostly to blame for this situation anyways.

The show is starting to pull away from why I liked it in the first place. Hopefully it'll pull itself together soon.

It does. It's currently in its 90s phase.

Defuser

So, I don't think there was any fanservice argument this bad with Yozakura Quartet, but was that because pretty much all the girls in that one were at least teenagers?

There was a underage pantyshot. Japan's conclusion would be that any female character the moment they hit 2 digits in age would be subjected to fanservice with age 13 to 17 would the sweet spot. oh Japan......

Gurren Lagann 18

The show is starting to pull away from why I liked it in the first place. Hopefully it'll pull itself together soon. New OP is cool I guess.

Oh don't worry, it does.

But if you hate Rossiu now, then...well, just watch the next episode -_-.

you definitely havent seen much anime if thats the case. Or you expertly avoided the worst offenders.

I have good anime filters, what can I say. Second worst fanservice I've seen is probably KLK or Monogatari. KLK didn't bother me that much because the fanservice wasn't inherently sexual and I know Monogatari is pretty light on fanservice compared to what some of you are used to.

Gurren Lagann 18

the show goes majestically full retard, even more than before, once they get past these first couple of episodes. No worries there.

Kanon 14

oX5Fzrf.png

Uguu x 2
UPM 1

I'm really wondering what Akiko's jam tastes like. So far its 1/5 in terms of who has tried it and actually liked it. (the 1 being Akiko herself)

We get some back story between Sayuri and Mai. Sayuri was quite harsh on her brother and now there is no way to make up for it. :(
Sayuri gets attacked by one of the demons Mai is hunting and Mai finally breaks down. Mai and Yuuichi now work together to defeat the demons that are plaguing the school. I kind of wish we get to see the demon's true form and not just a invisible blob but I doubt that will happen.

cajunator

Banned
I wouldn't say "flaunting it" is my intention. Believe me when I say I'm acutely aware of how touchy a subject this can be, and I generally try to choose my words carefully to hopefully avoid being banned at least.

On the other hand, when discussing shows which are specifically designed to appeal to my preferences, I feel like it's reasonable to be honest about them to some extent. I don't want to misrepresent my own opinions as a fan. And when I see people making hateful comments about those shows, I feel some measure of duty to voice a counteropinion, because I don't want to promote that kind of attitude by inaction.

I try to remain good-humoured about these things and not make it into a big deal even when some of the attitudes people have make me genuinely angry, so please understand that I'm not trying to be antagonistic or attention-seeking here. I just feel like there has to be a little balance.

Cnet I think you should be very careful on this forum. My own twitter feed is filled with several people who straight up post lolicon but in this forum environment that sorta thing wont fly. Im not too comfortable with the notion myself but I dont want you to feel persecuted here for an attraction basically beyond your control. However my respect for you would drop instantly if it were to extend to real life children but Im confident thats not what youre about. So long as you keep it on the level of fantasy its a victimless and harmless attraction and I will defend your right to say it.

Anime is dead any time Hidamari Sketch or Strike Witches isn't airing.

theres a sting of truth to these words.

So, I don't think there was any fanservice argument this bad with Yozakura Quartet, but was that because pretty much all the girls in that one were at least teenagers?

Yozakura has Ao Nanami and is exempt from any wrongdoing.

wonzo's probably on the beach by now, angrily digging up clams

lol. I just pictured this.

Paging Firehawk or someone who knows. Are these Aria sets worth buying from rightstuf or is their a better release somewhere.

VIK2Ehel.jpg

Whose collection is that? Looks similar to mine with all the NISA. If you can find those, yes but ask Articalys how hard they are to find. Go with the newer thinpack releases.

Paging Firehawk or someone who knows. Are these Aria sets worth buying from rightstuf or is their a better release somewhere.

VIK2Ehel.jpg

Those Aria thinpaks sure would be nice to own, but I was fine getting the liteboxes. The first season set is OOP. The guidebook is also only in black-and-white. Here is an unboxing video of the first OOP season thinpak release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbxv2xS1_-M

Whose collection is that? Looks similar to mine with all the NISA. If you can find those, yes but ask Articalys how hard they are to find. Go with the newer thinpack releases.

The newer sets are not thinpaks. The DVDs are held in a single keepcase with one disc overlapping the other on each side. This may turn some collectors away, but nothing was wrong with my DVDs.

Defuser

Chaika episode 11
First got stabbed and got thrown down the shaft,now been impaled in the head and probably got dragged off to be eaten. Poor Frederica.

This 3 parter arc has been great so far with the plot and action.Looks like we will get a different Chaika with different colour scheme each time.

cnet128

Banned
I have no problem to say that i share Cnet opinion on that matter.
And i don't see what's wrong in saying it.

Cnet I think you should be very careful on this forum. My own twitter feed is filled with several people who straight up post lolicon but in this forum environment that sorta thing wont fly. Im not too comfortable with the notion myself but I dont want you to feel persecuted here for an attraction basically beyond your control. However my respect for you would drop instantly if it were to extend to real life children but Im confident thats not what youre about. So long as you keep it on the level of fantasy its a victimless and harmless attraction and I will defend your right to say it.

I just want to say thank you for the votes of confidence. It means a lot to me.

Now back to harmless anime fun! I'm looking forward to seeing Pshyco's reactions to the latter half of Gurren Lagann XD

Gurren Lagann 19

Fuck Rossiu. And fuck Kinon too. Kitton had every right to be pissed.

My hatred for Rossiu and Kinon knows no bounds right now.
Any other "bad guys" of the show I at least liked in "oh they're kind of badass" sort of way. Rossiu is conniving and Kinon is just plain stupid for following. There's Yoko stupid for liking Kamina and then Kinon takes it to the next level with Rossiu basically betraying Simon and her family.

Jintor

Rossiu's basic problem is that he thinks he's in a real robot series but actually he's in a super robot series

I don't know why he would think he's in a real robot series though other than his fictional world probably having no concept of anime

cnet128

Banned
Gurren Lagann 19

Any other "bad guys" of the show I at least liked in "oh they're kind of badass" sort of way. Rossiu is conniving and Kinon is just plain stupid for following. There's Yoko stupid for liking Kamina and then Kinon takes it to the next level with Rossiu basically betraying Simon and her family.

Rossiu's real problem is that he's in the wrong kind of show. He wants to be in a gritty realistic series where doing the right thing sometimes means making tough decisions and morality isn't black and white (and to be fair, considering where he grew up it's easy to see how he'd end up with that kind of mentality), but the world around him is decidedly more…straightforward.

Rossiu's basic problem is that he thinks he's in a real robot series but actually he's in a super robot series

…dammit Jintor.

Chaika episode 11
First got stabbed and got thrown down the shaft,now been impaled in the head and probably got dragged off to be eaten. Poor Frederica.

This 3 parter arc has been great so far with the plot and action.Looks like we will get a different Chaika with different colour scheme each time.

I need to see more Chaikas before I can decide who's the most Chaikadorable of them all.

But so far Red is winning

It does. It's currently in its 90s phase.

My current Rossiu hate is deterring from my enjoyment. He must die!

Oh don't worry, it does.

But if you hate Rossiu now, then...well, just watch the next episode -_-.

Yeah....

the show goes majestically full retard, even more than before, once they get past these first couple of episodes. No worries there.

Trying to get there! But Rossiu is such a bastard.

Now back to harmless anime fun! I'm looking forward to seeing Pshyco's reactions to the latter half of Gurren Lagann XD

I hope I don't disappoint.

Hahahaha.

Mokoi

Banned
Get the newer releases, unless you want to pay $600+ for the packaging. I just purchased the newer liteboxes a few months ago.

Haha damm shit is expensive! Thanks for the help I'll be picking up the liteboxes then.

yeah not as ideal but I havent had issues with that kind of packaging just spindles. Spindles should die.

You dont have much choice. Go with newer.
also thats a formidable collection. Similar to mine.

If that is similar to your collection then I'm so jelly, and thanks

cajunator

Banned
Those Aria thinpaks sure would be nice to own, but I was fine getting the liteboxes. The first season set is OOP. The guidebook is also only in black-and-white. Here is an unboxing video of the first OOP season thinpak release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbxv2xS1_-M

The newer sets are not thinpaks. The DVDs are held in a single keepcase with one disc overlapping the other on each side. This may turn some collectors away, but nothing was wrong with my DVDs.

yeah not as ideal but I havent had issues with that kind of packaging just spindles. Spindles should die.

Somebody's imgur album So i should go with the 2013 release? not 2008

Gurren Lagann 19

I had the EXACT same reaction as you. (except I didn't hate Kinon) I despised Rossiu after this episode watching it for the first time.

Rossiu's just doesn't know how to Row Row Fight the Power! better, and pretty much what Cnet and Jintor said.

You gotta feel for Kittan though. He's pretty much the only guy next to Simon who pretty much stayed the same through this time-skip. His view is parallel with the viewers. He's confused at all this change happening around him to the people he knew very well.

Now I know how people felt reading MY impressions of this show when I watched it last year. You're getting closer and closer to the REALLY good stuff!

Lurky

Chaika episode 11

Yeah it's been pretty good so far. But that was such a shitty way to
kill off the best character.

mhs004

Animu gaf I need you're help. I'm wanting to watch a dark anime but can't think of any. I prefer dark animes and haven't watched one for a while. I've watched a few and I know there are alot more but can't make up my mind.

I would appreciate you're recommendations.

For example I liked Fate/Zero, Another, Higurashi when I was in the mood for dark stuff.

BTW I like happy stuff to but not in the mood for it right now.

Lurky

Animu gaf I need you're help. I'm wanting to watch a dark anime but can't think of any. I prefer dark animes and haven't watched one for a while. I've watched a few and I know there are alot more but can't make up my mind.

For example I liked Fate/Zero, Another, Higurashi when I was in the mood for dark stuff.

Have you seen school days yet?

The worst issue I have ever had with packaging spindles was NISA's standard edition of Bunny Drop. The discs were practically bending at a 45-degree angle or more before I got them out of the case. Surprised they didn't break! Didn't care for the episode guide leaflet being smashed between the discs either. I have mentioned to NISA that they should just do standard editions with the original thinpaks in a slipcase, so the only thing that would change is the artbox for a slipcase and the artbook for an episode leaflet. I guess this solution is only practical for combo-packs though or releases with more than two discs.

cajunator

Banned

From The New World is quite dark and foreboding.

Well Honoka came in today, to now complete a set that I have

To think, out of all the figures I've ever bought, this is the first one... with... lewd...

Well nothing is sacred anymore. Now I know not to buy the Yayoi Kise figure.

Also, the stand for the figure is really stupid

Narag

Texhnolyze

Go watch Texhnolyze.

Yeah it's been pretty good so far. But that was such a shitty way to
kill off the best character.

I really doubt she died. I mean they show you her supposed corpse in the preview. They'll probably say something like you need to destroy the whole head or it didn't get her brain or something like that.

cajunator

Banned
Well Honoka came in today, to now complete a set that I have

To think, out of all the figures I've ever bought, this is the first one... with... lewd...

Well nothing is sacred anymore. Now I know not to buy the Yayoi Kise figure.

Also, the stand for the figure is really stupid

I want that Honoka figure ._.

cnet128

Banned

I haven't seen it myself yet, but I hear things about Casshern Sins.

People who have seen it, what say you?

EDIT: Also, watch Aku no Hana.

Gurren Lagann 20

Darry is quite level headed and a babe now. *cough cough* Anyways....

Fuck Rossiu. Kittan showing him what's what. Kittan just being a badass in general. Looks like Rossiu made several mistakes to the point where
trying to get rid of all the original gunman was a mistake
. Well hopefully
he and everyone else on that ship are out of the picture now
. They were all dragging down what could've been a good premise.

Also remember when I said I
didn't like Yoko after episode 8? Well I sort of missed her and her grand return this episode and what she said was awesome! Go, go Yoko!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom