• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Oh, you think anime is your ally? But you merely adopted Japanese animation. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see real life until I was already a man. By then, it was nothing but disgusting. The waifus betray you, because they belong to me. I will show you where I have made my home, whilst preparing to bring justice. Then, I will break you.

Your precious GAF account, gratefully accepted. We will need it. Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first. Your spirit, or your body.

Kanon 15

mEtojs7.png

No Uguu today!

Mai's arc comes to a close.
So the demons are manifestations of Mai's fear of prosecution by others. I can live with that. It's not really explained why she was shamed in the first place though. In the end she commits seppuku (I figured she would). However her healing powers, which were never shown beforehand, save her.

This arc was much better than Makoto's. Let's see if this pace can continue. I'm getting very strong Nisekoi vibes as each girl's back story is revealed. (All the girls met him years before yet none of them remember it very well)

G Gundam - 6

Finally, some backstory!

And we got ourselves a Super Saiyan Gundam!

No seriously, it happens when his anger reaches the highest level. It's a freakin' Super Saiyan.

I await the scene where Domon gets a Gundam that gets like 30 feet long hair and it transforms after he screams for 7 minutes.

In all honesty I did think the Super Shining Finger Sword was pretty dang awesome though.

No Game No Life 11

tumblr_n7duhpV4Er1t89rpeo1_500.gif

Another fantastic episode. The love FPS game is hilarious. I love how the crowd was getting into it and Steph being her usual dumb self. Really enjoyed the NTR joke and other anime references.

Fuck this show is too good. Shiro 360noscoping and shit.

Narag

Hyouka 11

As good as advertised, loved every bit of this one. Watching Oreki struggle with everything was a real treat and there was this palpable sense of frustration in his confrontation with Irisu that was excellent.

Satoshi discussing narrative tricks felt so meta it made my head hurt lol

JoeFu

Banned
If Her Flag Breaks is so weird.

I don't get where the show is going and how many episodes is it? It feels like there's so many things left unanswered. Like the party is now just assembled, so is this going to be a 2 cour show? Are things going to end in the next 2 episodes? Oh well still enjoying it.

If Her Flag Breaks is so weird.

I don't get where the show is going and how many episodes is it? It feels like there's so many things left unanswered. Like the party is now just assembled, so is this going to be a 2 cour show? Are things going to end in the next 2 episodes? Oh well still enjoying it.

I think we're in the end game now.
The party is assembled and the party leader now in control of his habilities

My precictions:
-An episode where everyone ins the party will have flashbacks and we'll finaly retrieve him by the end.
-An episode where they finally take care of the death flag problem.
HAPPY HAREM END.

JoeFu

Banned
I think we're in the end game now.
The party is assembled and the party leader now in control of his habilities

My precictions:
-An episode where everyone ins the party will have flashbacks and we'll finaly retrieve him by the end.
-An episode where they finally take care of the death flag problem.
HAPPY HAREM END.

Yeah this makes sense

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 8

Wow, that was a fantastic episode. Horror-movie direction tactics, creative camera usage, and flashy animation made for a gripping battle, perhaps the best one yet. Everything was calculated for perfect effect, creating the feeling of Polnareff desperately fighting for his life in this claustrophobic setting. I see Yasufumi Soejima storyboarded this episode, which explains why it made prominent usage of CG in the hotel room. The enhanced production values of Stardust Crusaders really help Soejima's work pop as compared to the first season of Jojo. I mean, the weird colors and design work did help somewhat to mitigate the meager animation of the first season, but they stand out all the more with the high-quality character art and animation this season is getting.

Of course, with horror-movie direction we also get horror-movie character stupidity. From "It's the doll, silly!" to "Don't just stand around, guys, check on Polnareff!" Of course, the latter made for a hilarious moment when he came, battered and bruised, up to Joseph's hotel room and all Joseph can say is "Why are you so late?"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Apparently I have to watch 11.5 next which Firehawk considers to be the Gravity of anime. I figure that's just code for his waifu being prominent.
11.5 seems fluffy on the surface but its an essential component to setting up Oreki's mental state and linking the arcs together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom