• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, the first real PV (with lots of animation) for next season's mangaka comedy, Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQQOd6L4UE

Looks fun. Nice OP song too.

Funnily, I've read a pair of anime season previews where it was refered as a normal shojo series. A minimum of research would have been enough to know that the manga it's really a comedy in 4-koma format so people shouldn't expect a normal shojo story.

duckroll

This is why I dropped the show after 10 minutes and nobody can convince me that this show is worth a damn.

This right here is the difference between a self-respecting individual and the people who continue to watch Black Bullet! Come on AnimeGAF. You're better than that! Stop watching pandering garbage! :(

Lurky

Black Bullet 2

This was surprisingly decent. Less ham-fisted exposition and a good setup for future episodes. Got a bit melodramatic at the end but nothing I couldn't swallow.

Now to finally discover the glory of Dio.
Holy diver you've been down too long in the midnight sea! Oh what's becoming of meeeeee?
Gun >> Die anytime for me.

I'm not haters of any, but Rika is clearly the most interesting pick.

The only one I really hate is Yozora but everyone hates her.

Chariot

This right here is the difference between a self-respecting individual and the people who continue to watch Black Bullet! Come on AnimeGAF. You're better than that! Stop watching pandering garbage! :(
I try, but there is nothing else for me to watch. Only stuff like Spaceship Yamato 2199, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Crest of the Stars and Space Brothers. Can't be that good.

Why has every good show I didn't watch a space setting. I seem to have a bias against space.

Thoraxes

No, Mayaka is.

Come at me bros.

She's the only character with any real personality. If the rest of the characters were as well done as her, maybe I would've liked the show.

I try, but there is nothing else for me to watch. Only stuff like Spaceship Yamato 2199, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Crest of the Stars and Space Brothers. Can't be that good.

Why has every good show I didn't watch a space setting. I seem to have a bias against space.

Watch Planetes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonari no Seki-kun OVA Thing:

Yea, this one just kind of sucked since I really didn't get what was so funny about a presumed child using his imagination, just kind of lost me there.

duckroll

Why there's no IMAX 2D :(

Anyway Bay will showing the pretender like Del Toro how to get it done..

https://www.imax.com/imax3dcamera/

As part of IMAX’s commitment to innovation and providing leading filmmakers with the highest-quality technology to bring their creative vision to life, the company has developed the world’s first fully integrated dual 65mm 4K digital large-format 3D camera.

Go behind the scenes with IMAX’s camera team in this new featurette to see how IMAX is revolutionizing 3D capture by allowing filmmakers to capture major action scenes as never before. The IMAX® 3D Digital Camera will make its big-screen debut in Michael Bay’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, which is the first feature film to use this new camera technology.

IMAX® and Paramount Pictures today also released the first photo of Michael Bay on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction with the IMAX® 3D Digital Camera.

About the IMAX® 3D Digital Camera

IMAX’s fully integrated dual 65mm 4K digital large-format 3D camera delivers stunning image quality and is smaller, lighter and easier to use than other 3D digital camera systems on the market.

Exclusively in IMAX® theatres, sequences captured with this camera will expand to fill more of the IMAX screen with unprecedented crispness, clarity, color and earth-shattering 3D for a truly immersive experience.

Pk0QUQd.jpg

EARTH SHATTERING 3D!!!!!!

fertygo

I agree with you inasmuch as Mayaka is the least developed of the four main characters.

Its not necessarily for the better though, Mayaka if slated for the most simple and relatable person in the group.. and I like her for that. As opposite to Satoshi that contrived as shit, I like him for that too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online II is being filmed in IMAX®. Taking anime to the next level. What an innovative show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He didn't even use 3D cameras for Gravity! Fraud!!!! Lol.
Post conversion is the future! lol

I'll call you when he confirmed directing Harry Porter fanfiction movie, promise!
Oh god, I forgot about that. If he was forced to direct shit, why couldn't it be shit I cared about. Hell, give him Star Trek. Even if the next movie is about 9/11 again, at least it would have a 30 minute long take. :(

Sword Art Online II is being filmed in IMAX®. Taking anime to the next level. What an innovative show.
Taking a cue from Enter the Void, SAO will feature a special "glop camera" from the view of the penis.

TsuXna

Watched 3 episodes of Basquash.
Pretty awesome and interesting mech ish sport anime, love the drive and the action in the anime. Plot is not the best, but action covers that.

Chariot

Pretty awesome and interesting mech is sport anime, love the drive and the action in the anime. Plot is not the best, but action covers that.
Good choice, I liked the show, but somehow not many people seem to have watched it and kept their memories.

Chariot

Because the show picked the worst girl :(

And last 5 eps rather sucked
wait what
Show picked no girl at all. They all end up alone, while Protagonist playing with his best friends ball. Was so angry.
Btu yeah, the last episodes weren't that good.

cnet128

Banned
Pretty awesome and interesting mech ish sport anime, love the drive and the action in the anime. Plot is not the best, but action covers that.

Good choice, I liked the show, but somehow not many people seem to have watched it and kept their memories.

Because the show picked the worst girl :(

Citron > all.

But in terms of girls who weren't so horribly neglected they might as well not have been in the show at all, I think the correct waifu rankings are probably...

Flora > Sela > Rouge > Miyuki

It's been a loooong while, so my memories of the show are pretty fuzzy, but I think that should be right.

Chariot

Citron > all.

But in terms of girls who weren't so horribly neglected they might as well not have been in the show at all, I think the correct waifu rankings are probably...

It's been a loooong while, so my memories of the show are pretty fuzzy, but I think that should be right.
You're spot on.

TsuXna

Citron > all.

I'm bed in remembering names, so yea :/

Btw, anyone watched Phi Brain? can you give your opinion on that anime please?

Why am I being judged for watching black bullet and enjoying the over the top plot and yet you can continue watching soul eater not? I am tired of being persecuted. I see the internet as a place I can be honest about who I really am, and whenever somebody insults a show I l- Pfffffff I'm just fucking with you.

But I do enjoy the show especially when lolis die. Which is like most episodes.

Lurky

Why am I being judged for watching black bullet and enjoying the over the top plot and yet you can continue watching soul eater not? I am tired of being persecuted. I see the internet as a place I can be honest about who I really am, and whenever somebody insults a show I l- Pfffffff I'm just fucking with you.

Whoa dude not cool!
Yeah, I enjoy it too.

Are we? I mean its based on a still being written novel series. Or has it gone right off the reservation?
I don't follow the books , i was only vaguely aware that this was from this kind of source material.

Wouldn't be the first time that an anime goes "anime exclusive end"

So much wrong in the bolded.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm bed in remembering names, so yea :/

Btw, anyone watched Phi Brain? can you give your opinion on that anime please?

Shit! Dropped it like a rock. You have better things to spend your time watching. That is the only opinion you need. Trust me I have impeccable taste.

Westlo

Fine, don't say I didn't warn you!

(Haganai LN spoilers?)

Kodoka realizes he liked Rika all along, also realizes she basically friendzoned him already, Yukimura kisses him and confesses, he agrees to go out with her. Also Sena and Yozora realize they were friends all along, potential :sdburton incoming? Incidentally, it seems this was the last volume and the next one is an epilogue?

I keep thinking maybe something is being lost in translation or this all makes sense somehow in Japanese, but the prevailing reaction everywhere I go seems to be some variant of "I don't know what the hell" so your guess is as good as mine!

iZqfEC9.gif

Wow... they avoid the two obvious hookups and than... they still hand Rika dat L, da fuck is with that and where the fuck did Yukimura come from to win this

KamiNomi like the only long running romance manga/LN that ended recently that nailed it. Best girl won, #truthfact, even her anime arc was on another level compared to the rest.

Lurky

iZqfEC9.gif

Wow... they avoid the two obvious hookups and than... they still hand Rika dat L, da fuck is with that and where the fuck did Yukimura come from to win this

KamiNomi like the only long running romance manga/LN that ended recently that nailed it. Best girl won, #truthfact, even her anime arc was on another level compared to the rest.

This ending has taken away any hope I had left for anime to be good again. I fucking hate anime.

Seriously though, these writers all seem to have problems with making good endings. Either that or everyone is a troll.

Edit: I also didn't like the ending for kaminomi. I seriously thought that every single girl in it was hot or awesome except for the girl he chose.

Taruranto

I hear a lot of people like to pretend the second season of Darker Than Black doesn't exist. Just how bad is it? I really enjoyed the first season.

It's really BAD. The main character is now a little girl with a sailor moon transformation, the plot is stupid and makes no sense, the pacing is atrocious, the setting gets completely raped and there is tons of stupid pedo pandering everywhere. While DtB S1 used the episodic nature to explore and develop the main cast, DtB S2 does nothing like that, the characters are one-line jokes.

Also the ending is a fucking joke.

I mean, that's the Watson-Sherlock relationship in a nutshell. It's what all the adaptations play up. It's just that in this version, Watson is also pretty jelly.

dZfyQ8K.jpg

TsuXna

Shit! Dropped it like a rock. You have better things to spend your time watching. That is the only opinion you need. Trust me I have impeccable taste.
lol xD
could you justify your opinion please?
after all it has lots of episodes if it was that bad i'm sure they would close it down coz of ratings.

Mokoi

Banned
lol xD
could you justify your opinion please?
after all it has lots of episodes if it was that bad i'm sure they would close it down coz of ratings.

Haha it probably is not that bad just me not liking it. It is really shounen, and was too cheesy for me. The show has that really annoying clingy girl follower which I can't stand. The puzzles can get interesting, but the biggest problem is the show never cares to elaborates on them. You should just give some episodes a watch, and see if you like it. Just know that 1st season is character intro while 2nd brings in the main villain.

TsuXna

Haha it probably is not that bad just me not liking it. It is really shounen, and was too cheesy for me. The show has that really annoying clingy girl follower which I can't stand. The puzzles can get interesting, but the biggest problem is the show never cares to elaborates on them. You should just give some episodes a watch, and see if you like it. Just know that 1st season is character intro while 2nd brings in the main villain.

I love puzzles.I will watch few episodes, thanks.

At least you not gonna get naughty fanshipping dream from watching Hyouka.

yeah it could be worse , you could have got nightmares !
I love puzzles.I will watch few episodes, thanks.

Phi brain early episodes are not representatives of the whole show.
There is a big chunk of episodes where the cast is not set yet ( they don't know each other ) and the vilains aren't there either.
Once it starts after this "prologue" , it's very enjoyable.
I've watched all 3 seasons and i enjoyed them all despite my issues with some key aspects of the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom