• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just like you should never remove your current av again.

Sorry but you're all just going to have to make room in your hearts for Hime too. You'd understand if you were watching the show!

I prefer scientist Honoka.

Acceptable alternative.

Depressed Honoka was better.

uSUPmT0.png

Syrinx

....I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't felt any decline in HapCha quality...

I'm not nearly as down on the last 5-10 episodes or so as madp is, but the show has kinda stagnated lately. Personally I didn't at all care for the Mother's Day episode, and the wedding episode was meh. I'm also kinda hoping something happens at some point where Megumi has to do some serious...something, because I really disliked the way she acted toward Hime in the most recent episode.

I'm not nearly as down on the last 5-10 episodes or so as madp is, but the show has kinda stagnated lately. Personally I didn't at all care for the Mother's Day episode, and the wedding episode was meh. I'm also kinda hoping something happens at some point where Megumi has to do some serious...something, because I really disliked the way she acted toward Hime in the most recent episode.

I'm hoping something happens to God,
Blue...he's getting to much in the way of my Megumi x Seiji ship...every single time he has the chance...I'll no tolerate him anymore.

Mainly referring to art quality, which has been really rocky for the most part. 10 and 20 especially didn't look that great.

ep 30 to look like shit going by this trend

I was just bothered by the quality of that ONE episode that really looked like shit, it's kinda sad considering this season is really decent so far.

Syrinx

I'm hoping something happens to God,
Blue...he's getting to much in the way of my Megumi x Seiji ship...every single time he has the chance...I'll no tolerate him anymore.

He's also pretty incompetent. Goddamn, what the hell was he thinking letting them go to the Blue Sky Kingdom just so
Hime could give her unconscious mom some fucking cookies.

He's also pretty incompetent. Goddamn, what the hell was he thinking letting them go to the Blue Sky Kingdom just so
Hime could give her unconscious mom some fucking cookies.

And (My theory):
It's pretty obvious that he's the one responsible for Queen Mirage, the first time he said that thing about precure falling in love I thought that Queen Mirage was a precure that had fallen in love and it backfired. Then we had that episode with the girl falling in love with him.

Andrew J.

Just like you should never remove your current av again.

There was a brief stretch of time where madp's avatar was Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop. His username and av matched, and all was right with the world.

Since then? Utter chaos and confusion.

Crocodile

Ping Pong - END

I have some minor grievances with the show as a whole and this final episode (some stylistic choices became overused to the point of being more annoying than endearing for example) but frankly, the show overall is so good it won't detract it from what is likely my current AOTY spot. The way this show develops its characters in such a short period of time is quite commendable :)

I wonder if Space Dandy S2 can steal its AOTY spot back?

Quasar

Since the season is about to come to a close I thought I'd set out my watch list.

RAIL WARS!

I've felt the lack of anime featuring rail decidedly odd given Japan, so I'm rather interested to see this.

As for what else I'm trying, beyond that it looks like:

Ao Haru Ride - enjoyed the bit of manga I read.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Glasslip - probably my 'most looking forward to' given my PA Works love.
Hanamonogatari - Kanbaru!
Persona 4 Golden - Never played the games, but liked the Persona 4 anime so I'm curious.
SAO 2 - curious to see if I like this story more in anime form than I did prose.
Tokyo ESP - enjoyed the bit of manga I read.
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou no Terror
Ano Natsu de Matteru OVA - More Kanna tears?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What is the reasoning behind the "TV ASAHI" watermark still being in the BDs?

It's part of a joke about how Toei never fixes their animation errors for DVD/BD releases!

And (My theory):
It's pretty obvious that he's the one responsible for Queen Mirage, the first time he said that thing about precure falling in love I thought that Queen Mirage was a precure that had fallen in love and it backfired. Then we had that episode with the girl falling in love with him.

The miko in the flashback was Mirage.

Narag

No Game No Life 4

Going to guess this is where the first LN ended. Seems like the first four eps could be cut together into one short movie given how well they flowed from one to the next. Curious to see all the different races now given the Jibril fandom in here.

Articalys

Okay so let me just make sure I've got all these straight

Punipuni means soft and squishy
Fuwafuwa means soft and fluffy
Mofumofu is pretty much the same as fuwafuwa but more specifically relating to tails, fur, etc.

Is that about right? Anything else I'm missing?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Mofumofu is pretty much the same as fuwafuwa but more specifically relating to tails, fur, etc.

You got it.

Hattori

Banned

Nebaneba means sticky
Nurunuru means slimy
Subesube means smooth

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Let's pretend that Zach is a character in the One Piece universe and eats the Mofu Mofu Fruit. What would his power be?

Hattori

Banned
^^I like your Josephine/Hotori avatar the best.
I don't know what that first part means but I'm intrigued at that last part.
It's one of the three types of devil fruit powers, zoan let's people transform into animals. Since you're King Mofu for now, I figured that should be your power.

Actually I think that transforming into Wolfrun is KirbYayoi's power.
lol KG thrown under bus xD

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 12

YCsoGCxl.jpg

This is probably as close as one is going to get to a non-ending for a manga adaptation and you know what, I liked it. They got closer, it was adorable, fine by me.

Also, drunk KanaHana.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 11

Drunk Kugiloli~

madp

The Light of El Cantare
people tend to think it's either maggots or poop. orz

of only gaf allowed for bigger avatars :(

Can't blame myself or anyone else when you've exhibited frightening powers of recall for specific pages of weird manga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom