• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

So yesterday was my birthday .

Here are my self inflicted birthday presents..

Thank you me .

NO problem Me, i hope you like it , me !

I'm too lenient with myself.

The question is : where to start.
You're paying UK anime prices? You're crazy!

Narag

No Game No Life 5

ux5b51Gl.jpg

QK0QoBwl.jpg

D7khFKol.png

XmDqIVXl.jpg

LGcNztUl.png

E96pSmn.png

Jex

I mean technically the show isn't even biweekly. Theres going to be 3 week gaps between some eps :/

It amazes me that Sailor Moon is just going to be made whenever they feel like it, or not, for as long as they want to, or don't, for a while. Maybe.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kawaisou ended in what I think is the most lame and tame ending possible, even for an adaptation that can't end.

I mean, I know that romcom protags aren't allowed to kiss in 99% of anime, but to end with
exchanging email addresses
? Really? lol

I have a really, really bad feeling about One Week Friends at this point.

Edit: Also, random book snobbery.
4viwZV7l.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kawaisou ended in what I think is the most lame and tame ending possible, even for an adaptation that can't end.

I mean, I know that romcom protags aren't allowed to kiss in 99% of anime, but to end with
exchanging email addresses
? Really? lol
Hilarious. Even for anime.

Narag

No Game No LIfe 6

nVi4nKSl.png

Going to go against popular opinion and declare Steph in floppy dog ear DLC best girl currently.

Man, I'm a sucker for that sort of battle of wits. Evocative of Morpheus vs Chronozon in the Sandman comic or the wizard's duel in the Sword and the Stone, except like 100x nerdier. Was tentative about the ep given how regarded it was but I was satisfied in the end.

Could have definitely done without the loli shenanigans however.

Branduil

The worst thing about the depiction of romantic progress in anime is that it almost makes me want to give credit to SAO. Almost.

Two years worth of shudders.

jman2050

The worst thing about the depiction of romantic progress in anime is that it almost makes me want to give credit to SAO. Almost.

Two years worth of shudders.

I don't know, SAO showed the potential perils of resolving your love story too early and in the wrong setting. Go about it the wrong way and you're forced to go deeper and deeper into your bag of tricks to add tension to the relationship and keep it relevant, plausibility be damned. That's how we get shit like Kirito and Asuna's "daughter" out of nowhere, Asuna being kidnapped and threatened with psuedo-rape and engineering an entire story dedicated to saving her because what the hell else are you going to do with those two now that they're together? Just have them fight monsters and shit as per usual except now they're lovey dovey with each other? That's not interesting at all!

Branduil

I don't know, SAO showed the potential perils of resolving your love story too early and in the wrong setting. Go about it the wrong way and you're forced to go deeper and deeper into your bag of tricks to add tension to the relationship and keep it relevant, plausibility be damned. That's how we get shit like Kirito and Asuna's "daughter" out of nowhere, Asuna being kidnapped and threatened with psuedo-rape and engineering an entire story dedicated to saving her because what the hell else are you going to do with those two now that they're together? Just have them fight monsters and shit as per usual except now they're lovey dovey with each other. That's not interesting at all!

That's why I said almost. They're both examples of incompetent romantic storytelling, it's just that SAO's failure is a less-trod path compared to the endless stasis that characters 99% of anime relationships.

Crocodile

I don't know, SAO showed the potential perils of resolving your love story too early and in the wrong setting. Go about it the wrong way and you're forced to go deeper and deeper into your bag of tricks to add tension to the relationship and keep it relevant, plausibility be damned. That's how we get shit like Kirito and Asuna's "daughter" out of nowhere, Asuna being kidnapped and threatened with psuedo-rape and engineering an entire story dedicated to saving her because what the hell else are you going to do with those two now that they're together? Just have them fight monsters and shit as per usual except now they're lovey dovey with each other. That's not interesting at all!

Or if you were interested in writing an actual human relationship between humans you could just do that. Like how many legit girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife (or even same-sex) teams are there in anime? The meat & tatters of any long lasting relationship is the companionship & comradeire - just the joy of being with the other person (with the occasional bickering). Just have them be a couple that goes on adventures and shit. But oh no, even that was too much for SAO (and to be fair a lot of other shows too)

Jintor

God I would love an anime that was just "These two are in a relationship. Let's check out their daily lives! Also they kill monsters"

Like Yandere Kanojo... but with monsters I guess

Jintor

I actually thought SAO was at its best when it was Kirito and Asuna's laugh-a-lot kill things adventures, instead of the complete garbage that was its primarily plot-line

Chariot

Or if you were interested in writing an actual human relationship between humans you could just do that. Like how many legit girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife (or even same-sex) teams are there in anime? The meat & tatters of any long lasting relationship is the companionship & comradeire - just the joy of being with the other person (with the occasional bickering). Just have them be a couple that goes on adventures and shit. But oh no, even that was too much for SAO (and to be fair a lot of other shows too)
I agree.
Couples don't have to be boring. In fact, there are a few happy couples that are most interesting.
I'm not sure if Revy and Rock are really confirmed, but to me it's pretty clear that they are at some point in an actual relationship.
God I would love an anime that was just "These two are in a relationship. Let's check out their daily lives! Also they kill monsters"

That would be most adorable!

Gakkou Gurashi TV anime announced

Story:
Takeya Yuki is in love with the school. For her, it's a wonderful place, where she enjoys her school activities, especially the activities of her club: School Life Club. The club has Rii-chan as the president, Kurumi-chan as another member, and the teacher, Megu-nee, always there for them. Yes, she is in love with her school. What follows is the adventures of their club, as they live on the school grounds and mooch off from its services for as long as possible!
... Yeah, right.
Unfortunately, the truth about the situation she and her friends are currently in is much less colorful and far more bleaker than Yuki can ever imagine. The beautiful school she enjoys so much is in reality in ruins, the School Life Club is more or less barricaded in a section of their school, and she and her friends Rii and Kurumi are the only living people likely left in a city that is overrun with zombies. Despite this, her friends try to let Yuki live as close to a normal school life as they could manage, and through these efforts find it within themselves to live, and not merely exist day-by-day in the hellish situation they're in.
Also known as School-Live!, Gakkou Gurashi! is what you get when you cross together some of the most unlikeliest of genres: Schoolgirl Series Slice of Life, and Zombie Apocalypse Survival Horror. Drawn by Chiba Sadoru and written by Kaihou Norimitsu of Nitro+ fame, and serialized in Manga Time Kirara Forward (which serialized, among other series, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica and Yumekui Merry), this story explores what exactly happens when the cute girls you'd normally find in the former get dumped into the setting of the latter.

TLDR:Cute girls doing cute things during a zombie apocalypse

mankoto

The iDOLM@STER 05-08
I was really wondering how the progression in this series would work since there are so many "main" characters, but seeing as to how everyone (including the producer) has their own character arcs is pretty neat.

Star Driver 12-halfway through 15
Had to leave and honestly forgot to watch it until I started typing these up. Ah well. Some other time.

About the episodes though, it's really funny seeing Takuto's "harem" expand the way it has. And I honestly love it when they feature real products in anime. This one is pretty clever since they did the first OP.

WmIB3eo.png

Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season 05-08
Oh man, what I'd give to see them to do a song in those Kiss outfits. It'd probably be the only thing in this series that would've made me laugh harder than Niko doing that confession only for the camera to die partway through.

Yowamushi Pedal 11-19
I honestly had to stop myself. I wanted to watch the AnoHana movie today, but it's way too late for that now. But man, I don't remember the last time I was this invested in the training arc of anything. But man, now with those heavy wheeled out of the way, he must be crazy fast without them.

Bokura was Minna Kawaisou 12 END
Simplistic end is very simplistic. Despite the type of person that deems the ending of an anime absolutely paramount, I'll over it look it since I enjoyed the anime so much. Easily one of my favorites from this season. Hope there will be a second season soon.

duckroll

http://animeanime.jp/article/2014/06/21/19180.html

Some good news regarding Anime Mirai. Earlier this year it was announced that the government funding for the project was being cut and they wouldn't continue funding the program run by JAnicA. But it looks like that isn't enough to kill the program entirely. JAnicA has handed the program over to AJA, who will continue running it. They'll be accepting proposals for the Anime Mirai 2015 projects until June 27, and they'll be announcing the successful studios in July. In March 2015 they will screen the 4 Anime Mirai 2015 shorts at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2015.

JAniCA is the union of sorts in Japan for animators and anime directors. Previously they ran Anime Mirai as a Young Animators Training Program with funding from the Ministry of Culture. Since the funding has been cut, AJA has taken over running the program. AJA is The Association of Japanese Animations. It's more of a business organization set up by members of the anime industry. It makes sense that the future of Anime Mirai is to privatize, since you have to get funding from somewhere, but this also likely means there will be need to monetize the program to keep it self-sustainable. We'll see if this has any impact on the creativity or freedom of the program moving forward. Either way, it's good news that it's still continuing at all in the first place.

Last time that happened was Golden Time, and we know what happened there...

Well, minus the monster anyway.

Monogatari 17
It happened! Shinobu and Koyomi kissed! Of course he only did it to get Shinobu to listen to him, but it happened.

Monogatari 18
I actually really liked the Artwork style of this episode, with it framed like a Picture Book while Shinobu was telling her story. It felt fresh compared to what you usually see in the show.

The ending does make me want them to hurry up and release Kizumonogatari already, mainly because I want to see the initial story which set this entire series in motion... Not to mention it would make it easier to follow the conversations of Koyomi and Shinobu when they talk about their past.

Monogatari 20
Ouch, right in the feels, Dont go Hachikuji :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 12
OH, NO!!!! plus some classic part 2 jojo
Since you bring up part two and some others were complaining how this episode contradicted facts from post two I thought I'd mention a handy JoJo top tip: when it comes to facts forget what you were told previously and accept what you are being told in the now. It'll make life much easier for you in the future. E.g. don't mention Dio's coffin from the end of part one.

Theonik

Hito's given me his blessing to do the Summer OT in his stead since he's incapacitated and Regulus is AWOL. I will shoulder this sad duty to the best of my ability and pimp it out with Crystal stuff as much as I think he would have :(
Zach's tails are fluffier than yours. Sorry but they win.

....I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't felt any decline in HapCha quality...
Some people charged their happiness too much. Their fall was inevitable.
I'm not caught up though.

I'm hoping something happens to God,
Blue...he's getting to much in the way of my Megumi x Seiji ship...every single time he has the chance...I'll no tolerate him anymore.
God's actions are just. Seiji should just die.

The only thing I recall in Suite's case was them removing vagina bones from the transformation sequence
Terrible. Absolutely terrible. Thanks for letting me know,

I never want context for this.
Plot synopsis. The manga is called Avant Garde Yumeko.
Ever since reading an article on a festival for the male genitalia, Mochizuki Yumeko can NOT stop thinking about the penis. It's not that she wants to have sex. She is just feeling this uncontrollable fascination with the penis. The only problem is that she has never seen a real penis. To satiate her obsession of witnessing a real penis, she looks into nude modeling. Now, she succeeded into convincing the timid, and only, member of her school's art club into nude modeling for her. Her journey into avant-garde male genitalia art beings.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Since you bring up part two and some others were complaining how this episode contradicted facts from post two I thought I'd mention a handy JoJo top tip: when it comes to facts forget what you were told previously and accept what you are being told in the now. It'll make life much easier for you in the future. E.g. don't mention Dio's coffin from the end of part one.

I already keep to this philosophy when it comes to jojo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom