• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAIMIDALER: PRINCE VS. PENGUIN EMPIRE Episode 12 Showdown! Sound Robots V.S. Daimidaler [END]

Pretty entertaining ending episode
great Shouma reversion

Overall the anime was rather ridiculous at times but kind of hilarious at other times. If it had toned down the lewd nature of things and hi ero then it wouldnt have been all that terrible. Definitely wont be buying or suggesting to anyone, but it did seem like a unique enter in the mech arena. 6/10.

Acosta

Giant Killing 1-4

This is the most grounded sport anime I have seen I think (I haven't seen many). It´s really interesting. The OP is fantastic, I really like it.

But Tatsumi have it easy, he has Pirlo in his team :p

Narag

No Game No Life 8

GJ1JBhel.png

Suddenly, Hyouka.

gyFNwxo.png

Corrupting the video in the closing moments was interesting and thought it was clever how the ED was similarly corrupted to remove all appearances of Sora.

It's not from an anime, it's from a VN, Muv Luv Alternative.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

How the hell do you make a MECHA visual novel? I watch mecha to see giant robots fighting! Not to see a still picture of a giant robot while text flashes below me saying:

"THERE ARE CURRENTLY GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE MOST DEFINITELY FIGHTING WITH A BUNCH OF CRAZY ATTACKS"

Urrgh, that song is so awesome though.....>_<

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

How the hell do you make a MECHA visual novel? I watch mecha to see giant robots fighting! Not to see a still picture of a giant robot while text flashes below me saying:

"THERE ARE CURRENTLY GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE MOST DEFINITELY FIGHTING WITH A BUNCH OF CRAZY ATTACKS"

Urrgh, that song is so awesome though.....>_<

Looks like they made an anime based on it though.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/total-eclipse

It's an adaptation of a spinoff, and it's pretty bad. And it doesn't have any JAM Project.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH.

I looked it up and wow, I feel so trolled. Oh you think you were going to get a freaking awesome mecha show you've never seen before? HAHA! FOOLED YOU! HAVE A HAREM DISGUISED AS A MECHA SHOW INSTEAD WITH NO JAM PROJECT.

RE: HappinessCharge Precure 20

I could've sworn back in the day, I said Megumi was being rather condescending. Think it was episode 7 with the 100 day anniversary or some shit. But good lord!

Ribbon: HIME GAINED COURAGE WHEN SHE'S WITH YOU! STEP BY STEP, SHE'S BECOMING A BETTER PERSON! BEING FRIENDS WITH YOU WAS A GOOD THING MEGUMI!

Megumi's response?

Yeah I'm using the actual names for this one. But good lord, if that's all you really got out of this relationship, then clearly we do have an actual problem here, in that.... relationships are still really rough overall. I think this actually also contributed to the fact that the fanart roll out is a lot lower than DokiDoki (much to my dismay).

I almost want to be upset about when Yuuko was like "want some honey candy" while that shit was going down between Hime and Iona, but it was practically some Joseph Joestar planning in hindsight. Earlier, I mentioned the whole YuukoxHime thing, but they strangely look like a better friend pair than Megumi really.

Oddly enough, apparently Yuuko tapped into my aspects again, with the "I'm sure Megumi is thinking about you too! Things will be fine!". And I say this, because numerous times in my life, I tell somebody something, like "I might not have communications while I'm out of state", and "we got supplies". And then something else happens that ends up making me looking like a liar, even though it was not my intentions. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED, when Hime saw she was being NTR'd. Megumi ended up making Yuuko look like a big liar to Hime. smh.

I really feel like making a midseason commentary at this point, but I have like 2 episodes to go before I should consider doing that.

Syrinx

RE: HappinessCharge Precure 20
*snip*

I said I highly disliked the way Megumi acted toward Hime in this episode, and this kinda gets at why. I remember Megumi trying to call her after she ran off and was seriously like "Why isn't Hime picking up?" And it's like, are you fucking kidding me? The shame and self-loathing she was feeling at having Iona reveal the truth to them coupled with the fear and anxiety that they would leave her for Iona was too much for her to face you to the point where she ran off. And you're actually here fucking wondering why she isn't answering your shitty phone call? Same at the end. Finishes off the enemy with Cure Fortune at which point they rub Ribbon's nose together, then you come smiling telling Hime you have something important to tell her? How the fuck did you think she was going to react?

Put shortly, Megumi lacks empathy. "Understanding others' feelings" is kinda overdone in this type of show, but Megumi needs a big-ass dose of it right now, because she hasn't taken even five fucking seconds to consider the shame and the pain Hime's going through, while also having the burden of having to clean up the mess she made.

I said I highly disliked the way Megumi acted toward Hime in this episode, and this kinda gets at why. I remember Megumi trying to call her after she ran off and was seriously like "Why isn't Hime picking up?" And it's like, are you fucking kidding me? The shame and self-loathing she was feeling at having Iona reveal the truth to them coupled with the fear and anxiety that they would leave her for Iona was too much for her to face you to the point where she ran off. And you're actually here fucking wondering why she isn't answering your shitty phone call? Same at the end. Finishes off the enemy with Cure Fortune at which point they rub Ribbon's nose together, then you come smiling telling Hime you have something important to tell her? How the fuck did you think she was going to react?

Put shortly, Megumi lacks empathy. "Understanding others' feelings" is kinda overdone in this type of show, but Megumi needs a big-ass dose of it right now, because she hasn't taken even five fucking seconds to consider the shame and the pain Hime's going through, while also having the burden of having to clean up the mess she made.

If anything, it does back up one of Megumi's character aspects that were given before the show started: Megumi was like a mixed of Mana and another Pink. I think Love or Nozomi. Partly Erika to make more sense, but Megumi lacks tact. She seriously does. As assholish as this was from Megumi, she's still who she was meant to be: Someone who means well, and wants to help, but lacks the tact necessary to fill that particular role. Although right now, it feels like it really clashes because of Hime, and not say.... with Erika, it's was with Tsubomi initially before they started getting more chummy, and then Erika's tactlessness was with victims of the week.

Theonik

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood 40-64 -END-
The second half was pretty good. They gave pretty much everyone a moment to shine and the stupid comedy was toned down somewhat as well.
It did feel like things were being skipped at points though and some transitions fell really sloppy as a result.
Ending was more satisfying than the original.
As for which is better overall, I think I will go with 'neither' since I felt both were lacking in some way and having both completed them somewhat. First series was better at being stand-alone though I felt.
Edit: Of course I can't forget to mention some of the production values were INSANE. Then you have Envy. WHY.

sasuke_91

Golden Time - 22

Why do I keep watching this show? The story is shit, the characters are bad and even the voice acting seems mediocre. I already felt like dropping this after the car accident but kept going anyway... Only 2 episodes to go, I hope I'll survive the rest :/

Mekakucity Actors Episode 11 - Moon-viewing Recital

Such an emotional episode
havent creyed this much in so long, the Kano moments especially and his scene experiencing what she did and then later getting all caught up in emotions in front of Seto. Creying on his chest even and all.

The song was really amazing too, one of the best in the anime and the scenes associated with it. Why cant other anime be this great each week?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I just realized, even though there are four shows this season with some varying amount of incest, Game of Thrones is clearly the incest-winner this season. The fact that it has gotten millions of people and legitimate critics talking about incest as some kind of normalized act (ie, they all like Jaime so the incest is fine!) is hilarious to me.

It only makes me wonder how ANN would review it if they treated it like anime, especially since I get the feeling that they probably all love the show there. lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know, I just realized, even though there are four shows this season with some varying amount of incest, Game of Thrones is clearly the incest-winner this season. The fact that it has gotten millions of people and legitimate critics talking about incest as some kind of normalized act (ie, they all like Jaime so the incest is fine!) is hilarious to me.

It only makes me wonder how ANN would review it if they treated it like anime, especially since I get the feeling that they probably all love the show there. lol

HBO has had incest in their shows for years! I remember the one season a couple years ago where there was Geimu, Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death all having it in one capacity or another.

I guess Geimu is finally making it legit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
HBO has had incest in their shows for years! I remember the one season a couple years ago where there was Geimu, Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death all having it in one capacity or another.

I guess Geimu is finally making it legit.
Geimu has people all but cheering for incest though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom