• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I need to preserve the links to firehawk's reviews somewhere. It's becoming a chore having to dig it up each time.

TL;DR

I disappear for a while and come back to firehawk's greatest hits being relived. All is right with the world.

Chaika has strong Scrapped Princess vibes.

Heard of it, haven't seen it. If Chaika really appeals to me maybe I'll check it out.

Chaika - 1

Pretty standard fantasy stuff so far. Chaika's way of speaking can pretty much summarize the episode itself, lol.

"Thing in castle. Important thing. Must steal"

Stealth sections are the last thing I'd expect from a show like this when the main character's carrying a giant coffin around. That's like in Metal Gear Solid if Snake had to carry his box everywhe-actually that's a bad example.

An okay first episode I guess.

Link Man

Banned
Heard of it, haven't seen it. If Chaika really appeals to me maybe I'll check it out.

Chaika - 1

Pretty standard fantasy stuff so far. Chaika's way of speaking can pretty much summarize the episode itself, lol.

Stealth sections are the last thing I'd expect from a show like this when the main character's carrying a giant coffin around. That's like in Metal Gear Solid if Snake had to carry his box everywhe-actually that's a bad example.

Show does have kind of a slow start, but it has an excellent fight in episode two and really starts to pick up from the 3rd episode onwards.

Articalys

Aaaaand the new Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime "Cute" key visual is now live on the site:

http://imas-cinderella.com/
mv-2.jpg
I only recognize Anzu, Kanako and Sachiko so someone's gonna have to educate me on the rest.

Aaaaand the new Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime "Cute" key visual is now live on the site:

I only recognize Anzu, Kanako and Sachiko so someone's gonna have to educate me on the rest.

I'm going to miss 765PRO, heard of Cinderella Girls but never any of their songs/games whatnot, hopefully I'll enjoy it. And knowing its made by A-1 again puts CG model travesties to rest, bring meh the 2D choreography!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I disappear for a while and come back to firehawk's greatest hits being relived. All is right with the world.

Firehawk is like the Michael Jackson of AnimeGAF posters, his SAO posts are timeless classics.

Speaking of 765PRO, I knew for a long time that Yukiho had two voice actresses. Since I was only exposed to Yukiho with her second voice actress (via the anime) I've been only listening to songs with her, until I heard this one from her previous voice actress:

inferno

I'm so conflicted

cajunator

Banned
Just a short animation not from the show. http://youtu.be/t2IHjpExc2I

yes thats exactly where I saw it. Thanks you.

Chaika - 1

I love the way Chaika talks soooooo much

This show is going right for the squee.

It was in the top LN list for 2013 overall.
NIce ....

So where is my S2 annoncement ? I'm going to read the Ln at this rate.

When i saw this , i could only think of "extended waifu wars"

It's going to be ridiculous

A-1 is as guilty of CG travesties as any other studio.

I didn't want to remember that.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Wow that was really, really good. Though the ending just kind of happened. Like, oh, she saved the day! and then it ends.

More importantly, knowing that fucking Shia the Boof has voiced an anime dub is probably my favorite part of watching this.

edit: I should add that the main theme song sounds ridiculously similar to (I'm pretty sure) a Kingdom Hearts song. Like the first few measures sound identical. I'm not going to investigate further, but I found it kind of strange.

cajunator

Banned

Wow that was really, really good. Though the ending just kind of happened. Like, oh, she saved the day! and then it ends.

More importantly, knowing that fucking Shia the Boof has voiced an anime dub is probably my favorite part of watching this.

edit: I should add that the main theme song sounds ridiculously similar to (I'm pretty sure) a Kingdom Hearts song. Like the first few measures sound identical. I'm not going to investigate further, but I found it kind of strange.

Arent the Ohms a bunch of cuties?

Kalamari

I've been sucked in to the Yowamushi Pedal vortex, I'm really loving the unique blend of over-the-top antics with bicycle racing concepts. So good!

zeroshiki

I think this one also has Patrick Stewart in it IIRC.

jman2050

Brynhildr in the Darkness 1

"Of course I know multiplication tables! I... uh... just don't sit at them very often."

Guys I don't know if I can do this.

Kill la Kill 1-2

I read about the bad animation, but wow this is amazingly terrible. It looks even worse since I just watched Nausicaa. It tries to be stylized but I'm finding it to be off-putting and lacking any charm. Also it's been pretty boring.

The show pretty much murders Netflix subs too. Whenever those giant red letters appear the translated text overrides whatever was previously there and vice versa.

jgminto

Kill la Kill 1-2

I read about the bad animation, but wow this is amazingly terrible. It looks even worse since I just watched Nausicaa. It tries to be stylized but I'm finding it to be off-putting and lacking any charm. Also it's been pretty boring.

The show pretty much murders Netflix subs too. Whenever those giant red letters appear the translated text overrides whatever was previously there and vice versa.

You haven't even gotten to the bad animation people are talking about yet.

jman2050

Also thinking about it about 60% of Brynhildr 1 was self-narration by characters telling themselves things that they already know.

The line between LN and anime gets blurrier and blurrier.

Articalys

Anybody else like the instrumental versions of anime OP/ED songs? It varies from genre to genre but sometimes they're even better than the normal versions.

jman2050

Anybody else like the instrumental versions of anime OP/ED songs? It varies from genre to genre but sometimes they're even better than the normal versions.

Do you mean actual instrumentals or the same songs but just stripped of vocals?

Cause I can't think of a lot of cases where the latter is actually worth listening to.

Jarmel

Banned
Do you mean actual instrumentals or the same songs but just stripped of vocals?

Cause I can't think of a lot of cases where the latter is actually worth listening to.

That's my stance. Very rarely are karaoke versions worth listening to as the songs are designed with the vocals in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom