• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamigami no Asobi 12 (end)

Alright end, probably not the best otome anime but not the worst.
great actions display and everything especially everyone transforming. Loki outfit wasnt bad at all followed by Appolon's. I just wish everyone had as splendid transforming as he did

Probably wont be buying this one. 7/10.

Hattori

Banned
ZYVIIcg.jpg

Captain Earth 12

This episode started really weird.

So apparently HQ thinks it's a great idea to send a bunch of kids to an illegal Yakuza run fight club. There Our Heroes see a guy with green hair, and having been through this about 20 times already think nothing of it. And then of course Team Rocket shows up because THE GUY IS A GODDAMN DESIGNER'S CHILD WHAT A SHOCKER. It's like everyone else but the people that are supposed to be stopping these guys can tell. Our Heroes are so fucking stupid, that after this whole ordeal goes down and James JUMPS INTO THE RING WITH THE GUY they go home and say "WELP, WE DIDN'T FIND HIM TODAY SO WE GOTTA TRY TOMORROW!" Are you shitting me? Oh but they figure it out in the Preview. What is there to figure out, there's a clear pattern here. And his name is Bugbear, what the hell? We have Amarok and Malkin and stuff like that and this guy gets stuck with Bugbear? Ouch.

This episode was extremely dumb. I have no idea why humanity is still alive with Our Heroes as the protectors when they can't even figure out who they're supposed to be stopping. The only good part was Akari jokingly saying Hana should give Captain a good night kiss when he's already asleep and she does it.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 13
Whoa..... things went really bad there for a second. I can't believe Kyon reacted in that way. He could've reacted like that at any other point during this arc but he chooses the time when Mikuru was doing a
kissing scene
. Now I know why the
older Mikuru was telling Kyon to not be so kind to her
. There's a lot of things but trying to
hit Haruhi
was a bad call. Man that was intense.

Looks like the film must go on....

Nafe

Playing through Zelda: A Link to the Past for the first time in something like fifteen years and you can really tell it was made/designed in a different time.

Since you've made it all the way to the boss of turtle rock, hopefully you happened to have found the Ice Rod item by now. You need it to beat this boss otherwise it's impossible. Surprise! ;p

---

Don't worry Nafe is Korbo. She could never betray us like this!

It's true that I can't betray what I was never a part of to begin with,haha.

I don't particularly like mofu but just try to be polite and tolerant towards those that do.
Just like those who are really interested in rear ends. ;p

When are we having an AnimeGAF MK Tournament?

Get the refurb, they're practically brand new. Then get MK8 and a free game.

Is Mario Kart 8 still a thing? The way so may people seem to move on quickly with these online multiplayer games just made me wonder.

Someone referred to them as flash mob like the one time, in which everybody is there and then they just go to the next game when it released and so on.

Whoa..... things went really bad there for a second. I can't believe Kyon reacted in that way. He could've reacted like that at any other point during this arc but he chooses the time when Mikuru was doing a
kissing scene
. Now I know why the
hit Haruhi

I read the LN of this arc. Trust me. Haruhi was an awful person, possibly even more so in the book. I don't know if
hitting her
is justified but I couldn't stand her at all.

kissing scene
. Now I know why the
hit Haruhi

Personally hitting her would've been bad. But calling her out on her bullshit and leaving I would've done.

Hattori

Banned
Is Mario Kart 8 still a thing? The way so may people seem to move on quickly with these online multiplayer games just made me wonder.

Someone referred to them as flash mob like the one time, in which everybody is there and then they just go to the next game when it released and so on.
Yup it's still a thing, and will continue to be a thing until Mario Kart 9. You should play it Nafe!

I read the LN of this arc. Trust me. Haruhi was an awful person, possibly even more so in the book. I don't know if
hitting her
is justified but I couldn't stand her at all.

The anime didn't really get the idea across very well because it looked like Haruhi was
barely tapping Mikuru on the head with her little thing. Although calling Mikuru her toy was going a but far.

Personally hitting her would've been bad. But calling her out on her bullshit and leaving I would've done.

I was hoping that's what Kyon was going to do. At first he looks like he regretted
even raising his fist to her. But then Haruhi says something and he actually try's to hit her again with only Esper man able to stop him
. Bad Kyon.

kissing scene
. Now I know why the
hit Haruhi

I still think Haruhi redeems herself by the end. Disappearance is sooooo good.

cajunator

Banned

Yes thats much more like it!

Playing through Zelda: A Link to the Past for the first time in something like fifteen years and you can really tell it was made/designed in a different time.

Since you've made it all the way to the boss of turtle rock, hopefully you happened to have found the Ice Rod item by now. You need it to beat this boss otherwise it's impossible. Surprise! ;p

---

It's true that I can't betray what I was never a part of to begin with,haha.

I don't particularly like mofu but just try to be polite and tolerant towards those that do.
Just like those who are really interested in rear ends. ;p

I dontl ike the whole flash mob thing. the thing that piss me off the most about online gaming. I dont play much online unless its fighting or racing games with friends. So Mario Kart fits the bill/

Nafe

Nafe needs to go back to a Venus avatar.

I could get an Ami avatar as well just to really mess with everyone. ;p

Yup it's still a thing, and will continue to be a thing until Mario Kart 9. You should play it Nafe!

I'd like to give it a try but I don't have a WiiU.

The last Mario Kart I can recall playing was Double Dash for the Gamecube. I think I just rented it for the one weekend and I think I also beat it as I unlocked the trophy kart you see at the end of a cup as a playable vehicle.

I dontl ike the whole flash mob thing. the thing that piss me off the most about online gaming. I dont play much online unless its fighting or racing games with friends. So Mario Kart fits the bill/

Yeah, it's part of why I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer only, online only games. If practically no one is going to be playing just four months later then there's not really much point in buying.

cajunator

Banned
I could get an Ami avatar as well just to really mess with everyone. ;p

I'd like to give it a try but I don't have a WiiU.

The last Mario Kart I can recall playing was Double Dash for the Gamecube. I think I just rented it for the one weekend and I think I also beat it as I unlocked the trophy kart you see at the end of a cup as a playable vehicle.

Yeah, it's part of why I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer only, online only games. If practically no one is going to be playing just four months later then there's not really much point in buying.

Nintendo games tend to have longevity though. Im gonna finally play some Mario Kart this week. Last week I got stuck on my off time doing yard work at parents place. I had to fill in the entire yard with dirt because their fucking dogs dig canyons. This is why I have a cat.

Received a rough sketch for an upcoming screenprint commission to complement my Golden Time one =)

500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg

I still haven't printed Golden Time yet though! Couldn't get in contact with the printer I planned to use. Those who won the contest I still have you down for one!

Thoraxes

Received a rough sketch for an upcoming screenprint commission to complement my Golden Time one =)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/2014_0615_toradora_zps9539839c.jpg
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg

I still haven't printed Golden Time yet though! Couldn't get in contact with the printer I planned to use. Those who won the contest I still have you down for one!

I was just thinking about this the other day. Good to hear it's still coming!

Also that one looks very nice too.

[IG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg[/IMG]

Oooooh I really like that Toradora one.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 14
The ending to the episode was pretty funny. A nice way to wrap up season 2. Now it's time to wrap up the last few episodes from season 1. (I am doing this in chronological order). I think there's like 5 more episodes.

Link Man

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 11

That feeling when you suddenly realize what's gonna happen, but can do nothing to stop it.

Great episode, full-on Shaft and hype-as-fuck ending. Not entirely sure what's going on with hikikomori dude, and
now Ene is human again(?)

Thoraxes

Nice! Did you order it from RightStuf? They usually ship everything I order from them early. Can't wait for Koimonogatari to be released.

Indeed I did. I plan on picking up all the S2 stuff so i'm looking forward to it too!
shit I forgot to order it. Ill do that now.
Gogogogo!
Fuck, I still need to finish monogatari s2...
It's good man, especially the end.
Oh hey, Thoraxes, my Shinobu figure in in Chicago. can you bring that over here?
I'll go beat those guys up and make them understand that you need her!

Nafe

Nafe is probably happy that I didn't throw Iona under a bus this time, even if it was kind of dickish.

If your family is in possession of what's basically Pandora's box and tell you you shouldn't open it under any circumstances, yet you do anyway out of curiosity. This then plunges an entire Kingdom and more into darkness. I don't think "I didn't mean any harm" is going to cut it. I'd be pretty mad too. It's PreCure though so obviously everything will work out in the end regardless of the quality of the writing. ;p

I also find it kind of funny that items like that in these shows aren't just buried away in some hole somewhere but instead are put into some kind of big elaborate shrine instead,haha. It reminds me of something out of a JRPG or old fantasy story.

Nintendo games tend to have longevity though. Im gonna finally play some Mario Kart this week. Last week I got stuck on my off time doing yard work at parents place. I had to fill in the entire yard with dirt because their fucking dogs dig canyons. This is why I have a cat.

I don't know if it's better on the WiiU but it sounded like Nintendo's online for the Wii wasn't the greatest unfortunately. Lots of lag and such.

La corda d'oro -Blue Sky- Episode 12 [end]

The better music performances were earlier in the anime especially during Kyoya's time so this episode just really couldnt compare at any place. Maybe the only noteworthy part was the
black vortex thing

Alright entry but doesnt get be interested in anything else La Corda D'oro. 7/10.

If your family is in possession of what's basically Pandora's box and tell you you shouldn't open it under any circumstances, yet you do anyway out of curiosity. This then plunges an entire Kingdom and more into darkness. I don't think "I didn't mean any harm" is going to cut it. I'd be pretty mad too. It's PreCure though so obviously everything will work out in the end regardless of the quality of the writing. ;p

I also find it kind of funny that items like that in these shows aren't just buried away in some hole somewhere but instead are put into some kind of big elaborate shrine instead,haha. It reminds me of something out of a JRPG or old fantasy story.

It's too bad the things that are actually helpful are the ones you have to go on a suicide pact adventure. World builders clearly have bad priority

Thoraxes

I don't know if it's better on the WiiU but it sounded like Nintendo's online for the Wii wasn't the greatest unfortunately. Lots of lag and such.
MK on the Wii wasn't that bad.

That being said, i've had zero latency issues with the Wii U one, and i've put in like 30 hours into the game.

I've heard it was but I just can't get over Nadeko. ;_;

Oh she's still the best girl even at the end of the show, no worries. You gotta finish!

cajunator

Banned
Indeed I did. I plan on picking up all the S2 stuff so i'm looking forward to it too!

Gogogogo!

It's good man, especially the end.

I'll go beat those guys up and make them understand that you need her!

Thanks BEAR I knew I could count on you!

I hear the WiiU Mario Kart works pretty well.

Syrinx

Yeah I kinda had the same thought lol. Like, if it's this incredibly dangerous thing, why put it in such an ornate shrine where of course anyone who ends up in there will be struck with curiosity? Why not just bury it? Or stick it in the back of a closet or something? And put a lock on it, for God's sake.

Yeah I kinda had the same thought lol. Like, if it's this incredibly dangerous thing, why put it in such an ornate shrine where of course anyone who ends up in there will be struck with curiosity? Why not just bury it? Or stick it in the back of a closet or something? And put a lock on it, for God's sake.

Well they kind of tried something like that in Suite, and that failed, so they decided to take some lessons... and fail again

BEST GIRL COMETH

She eats Taiyaki so she's alright in my book ;P

The anime didn't really get the idea across very well because it looked like Haruhi was
barely tapping Mikuru on the head with her little thing. Although calling Mikuru her toy was going a but far.

I was hoping that's what Kyon was going to do. At first he looks like he regretted
even raising his fist to her. But then Haruhi says something and he actually try's to hit her again with only Esper man able to stop him
. Bad Kyon.

One would think it was built up frustration during the whole thing and that was just the tipping point.

Nafe

Oh yeah, I also didn't think Sunshine's cameo was "ruined" because there was no midriff. I think she's cool and cute anyway without it.

A lock? Something? Fuck, cut a hole in the wall, stick it in, and patch it up.

I guess it just comes down to one of those "then there would be no story to begin with" type of scenarios and you just have to kind of go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom