• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I'm sorry but Brynhildr has without a doubt the best opening of the season in OP 2. I don't care what shitty pop song you enjoy. OP 2 is like God himself ate a bad burrito, and as he is passing the diarrhea that occurs comes out and produces this noise. All of this glorious noise.
How much this show is doing wrong - the openings are superb.

No, the show is 13 episodes. It has 2 OPs anyway.

kFENXjE.gif

Haikyuu!! Episode 12

Great episode against Nekoma. Many of their characters are so amazing animated, especially the Libero Yaku. I hardly ever noticed him in the manga but the anime seemed to give him increased personality and presence. And whoever his voice actor is is amazing.

Kenma is also good and definitely a kind of good opponent needed for both Hinata and Kageyama but also Tsukki of sorts. Now we just need Kuroo to step up and this match could truly take off.Kid Kenma and Kid Kuroo was funny with that volleyball at the park scene, lol. Black hair kenma quite strange.

I love the simple tosses a lot. They make them look so easy.

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior Episode 12 [end]

Pretty strong final episode. Had me laughing and close to tears at one point even.

Was a nice take on the slice of life drama type thing
though so glad it only advanced to the cell phone exchange numbers stage, leaving many pairings open

fHana was the main reason to watch and I need the male version of the ED song during the Karaoke song. 6/10.

Acosta

Madoka Magica 12

Madoka finally finds something to wish for. And what a wish.

Great show. Quite the ride with lots of twists and turns. It gets dark at times and really sad too. It's the first 1 cour show I've watched that have managed to invoke such strong emotions of sadness. Interesting visuals with the monsters, and the music is fitting. Liked both the choral/classical sounding music and the more house/techno stuff. Oh, and that OP is such a lie. Haha.

I give it 4.5/5 soul gems:
aSxtOnR.png

hahaha, I enjoyed reading your fast reviews. Glad you enjoyed it, such a great series. I think it its mostly responsible of me watching anime at full force nowadays.

That reminds me I need to watch Rebellion. I plan to do it once I rewatch the whole series in Blu-Ray.

Hello AnimeGAF. I'm still upset about that song :(

Sword Art Online - 10

Oh wow.

I don't think asking to stay in the same room with a girl at night and then taking her hand in marriage is a normal thing for the average gamer kid to do after, I dunno, KILLING somebody for the first time!

1403221581100.gif

hahaha, I enjoyed reading your fast reviews. Glad you enjoyed it, such a great series. I think it its mostly responsible of me watching anime at full force nowadays.

That reminds me I need to watch Revolution. I plan to do it once I rewatch the whole series in Blu-Ray.

Hehe. I should get the series on Blu-ray.

The first 2 movies are recaps of some kind? Are they worth watching?

I do love the Monogatari Series and Katanagatari.

Wait Katanagatari came from light novels? Well three then. Everything else is shiiiiiiiiiit. But these are all better as anime anyways.
Baccano! is bad? Can scratch that one off the list.

NO WAIT THAT'S GOOD TOO SHIT. SHIT. WATCH IT DAMMIT.

His favorite Fate/Zero should count too.
NO. THAT ISN'T TRUEEEEEEEEE. IT'S NOT POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Brynhildr 12

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU GUYS. THIS EPISODE.

THIS FUCKING EPISODE.

I wish I could post images of the fucking plot so you guys who aren't watching it understand just how deliciously full retard the fucking writing is. The author gives zero fucks.

Fucking I can't even hold back the tears of laughter.
THE GIRL LOOKED LIKE FUCKING PANCAKES WHEN SHE MELTED. FUCKING PANCAKES. AND WHENEVER THE ALIEN INSIDE HER BODY REVIVES EVERY LIVING CELL IN THE WORLD WILL MELT AND ARMAGEDDON WILL START. BECAUSE FUCK YOU WE HAVE REASONS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AND WHEN
]THE KID WHO CAN CANCEL MAGIC APPEARS, THE FUCKING GUY JUST TAKES OUT A GUN AND SHOOTS HIM WITHIN SECONDS. AND HE'S ALL "SHIT WAIT". AND THE GUY ESCAPES.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh God. I think I might go back to Christianity thanks to this gift. I can only imagine how the author came up with this idea for this plot. He was sleeping one night when a warm golden light started shining through his window. Through it came a beautiful winged being. The author could hardly believe what he was seeing.

Angel: My child. I come with a message from God himself.
Author: Yes?
Angel: You shall write the best fucking story in the history of bad anime.
Author: Well I had this idea about witches with some weird shit on their neck. And like there's a lot of blood and shit, and fucking the main guy like remembers everything which apparently is almost a superpower at points. Also all of these powerful witches decide to stay in one spot where they can be easily found because fuck logic, we love our husbando.
Angel: Yes yes. That's fucking genius, God himself approves. But make sure that when there's an anime you have two great openings.
Author: But it'd be only like 13 episodes.
Angel: YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND LISTEN TO ME. And these songs will be dubstep. And the second this really awesome crabcore autotune metal song. What do they have to do with this show? FUCK YOU THAT'S WHAT. Also the second song will appear when there are like 5 episodes left because reasons.
Author: Yes. I will do this Angel. I will.
Angel: Ok. Now I leave to go fuck with somebody else in their sleep. I hear there's another author in Japan who wants to write something decent for once. I'm going there to convince him to add cat girls to it.

Acosta

Hello AnimeGAF. I'm still upset about that song :(

Sword Art Online - 10

Oh wow.

I don't think asking to stay in the same room with a girl at night and then taking her hand in marriage is a normal thing for the average gamer kid to do after, I dunno, KILLING somebody for the first time!

That whole thing was so awkward.... For me that was the moment when SAO started to go bad.

Hehe. I should get the series on Blu-ray.

The first 2 movies are recaps of some kind? Are they worth watching?

Yes, the two first movies are recaps. No idea about them though.

Chariot

Wait Katanagatari came from light novels? Well three then. Everything else is shiiiiiiiiiit. But these are all better as anime anyways.
What about

Full Metal Panic!
Haruhi Suzumiya
Welcome to the NHK
Kokoro Connect
12 Kingdoms
The Toaru Hikūshi stuff
Fate/Zero (reminded by R_thanatos)

And all the Light Novels that are fairly popular and I just don't name, because I don't like them?
edit: and also those who don't have an anime and are far less known.

There's only two decent light novel series. Log Horizon and Spice and Wolf. Everything else is laughably bad.

This is a statement that is highly UNTRUE
Maybe you should actually start reading LNs before you make those claims.
What about

Full Metal Panic!
Haruhi Suzumiya
Welcome to the NHK
Kokoro Connect
12 Kingdoms

And all the Light Novels that are fairly popular and I just don't name, because I don't like them?

You can add FATE / ZERO to this list as well

/XX/

Well obviously I don't approve of the majority of light novel series. But there's probably more than two decent light novel series surely.

Edit: Baccano and Kino's Journey mentioned above seem to be good examples.
Yep. People only have to take a look at this thread's title, and reflect in the notion that the revered Hyōka was at first considered a LN too!

Ehh, I do know that that the show is very popular, but I have the first two volumes of the Light Novel in my shelf. I hate the writing style, really sloppy. I know that Light Novels are... light, but I already read better.

Do those two volumes of Kino's Journey happen to be the Tokyopop releases? I do not own them, but I have read reviews stating Tokyopop did change the order of the chapters among other things (not using Japanese covers).

What about

Full Metal Panic!
Haruhi Suzumiya
Welcome to the NHK
Kokoro Connect
12 Kingdoms
The Toaru Hikūshi stuff
Fate/Zero (reminded by R_thanatos)

edit: and also those who don't have an anime and are far less known.
The only good thing about Kokoro Connect is it had Miyukichi playing one of her best roles EVER.

INABAN DA GODDESS.

Chariot

You can add FATE / ZERO to this list as well
Added. Fate/zero was very good.

Do those two volumes of Kino's Journey happen to be the Tokyopop releases? I do not own them, but I have read reviews stating Tokyopop did change the order of the chapters among other things (not using Japanese covers).
Yes, I have Tokyopop release, but since the stories are very episodic I can't really see what a different order would've done.
The only good thing about Kokoro Connect is it had Miyukichi playing one of her best roles EVER.

INABAN DA GODDESS.
If weren't for Hisa Inaba would be my Waifu.

INABAN DA GODDESS.

Oh god. I'm agreeing with Zach on something for the first time. He also likes mai one and only waifu.

*looks at hands*

WHAT. HAVE. I. BECOME.

No but you dig your own grave by dismissing shows that are great on their own terms for no reason.

Also SPICE & WOLF

GOOD THING I WAS SUPER SERIAL AND NOT PLAYING AROUND.

It was supposed to be one of those "these hands they have killed" moments from tv. But more like "these hands. they have agreed with lewdgaf" moment.

Regardless gonna head out. Gonna go buy myself a Wii U, watch IT Crowd and Tiger and Bunny with friends, maybe some Avatar, and then we're gonna go full Murican and hope the US beats Portugal. I'll be checking the thread sporadically in hopes somebody else watches Brynhildiridiridr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom