• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I guess they'll have mostly older license stuff to announce at AX then, unless they're holding back on announcing Black Butler S3 until then just so they have something new.

Baccano! 1

This OP is fucking dope. Hell, the whole OST from this episode was great.

I really like the setup and setting for this show. I feel like it's going to be difficult keeping up with all of the characters though. Kinda jumped right in without really giving any of them any introductions. Feels like Isaac and Miria will be the main focus, but with the first half of the episode between the newspaper editor and his assistant, maybe that feeling is presumptious.

I do know that the Gandor's seem like a pleasant bunch. And of course by pleasant I mean brutal.

Baccano features an ensemble cast; there isn't one character that's a particular focus. Though Isaac and Miria can be seen as the "mascot" characters of the series.

NO game no life - 12
Very good ending , following the events of book 3 very well , untill the epilogue WHEN

That happens.
I was pretty sure that wasn't supposed to be explained untill S2 , and
that stuff with old deus is
book 7 spoiler material lol. Is the anime going full course in order to tease his Next book ? THEY SURE ARE !

Well they can still get back to the initial business and let the events of book 4,5 in a S2 that will be 300% more awesome than what S1 was.

Too bad we've missed the true final scene of this arc , when
miko tells izuna & ino to work so that sora & shiro never becomes the war beast ennemies
but i can accept that other version.

This hasn't been posted here yet right?

2 New Characters announced for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax:

02_cs1w1_x720.jpg
03_cs1w1_x720.jpg

Yukina Himeragi from Strike the Blood and Kojou Akatsuki as the assist.

and

Rentarō Satomi from Black Bullet and Enju Aihara as the assist.

W7KBBi5.jpg
04_cs1w1_720x.jpg

08_cs1w1_720x.jpg

05_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Lain

No Game No Life 12

Great season conclusion to a great show. Shiro and Sora have been a great couple of main characters, their anthics managed to keep the show entertaining and the way the games were played has been cool.
I hope there will be a second season soon, because I want more of it.

jman2050

No Game No Life END

Hahahahaha wow. I want to see SoraShiro, L and Izayoi in one no holds barred grudge match for the title of greatest BSer in anime. I'm actually not sure who would win.

It says something that I can't be completely sure that these two are truly 30 steps ahead of everyone else or they're just convincing everyone (the audience included) that they are and are really just making it all up as they go along. I like to think it's the latter just cause it's funnier that way.

So in conclusion:
+Fun as hell, can't be taken and in fact refuses to be taken seriously.
+Pretty decent humor, for an anime anyway.
+The MC is a pretty cool dude. Smug and illogically overpowered, but not in a boring unwatchable way.
+Good side characters, even if they're all inevitably destined to be shoehorned into generic harem roles, if they haven't already. Jibril top tier, Kurami bottom tier, Stephanie mascot tier
+Bombastic in a good way and just continued ramping up. I feel like if you're going to build a narrative concept around characters who are literally better than everyone else, then you need to go the whole nine yards. In this show the very first episode established that an 11-year old girl evidently solved Chess, so I'd say it qualifies.

-The color filter is just garishly distracting. I get what they were going for but wow was it an eyesore throughout
-I'm typically not one to complain about fanservice and the like, I mean, it comes with the territory, but there were more than a few moments that I felt were somewhat excessive. Again, not getting into 11-year old panty/upskirt shots cause that's never cool.
Unless it's TLR Mikan. But that's different because uh, reasons. Sh-shut up!
-Speaking of 11-year olds, Shiro is weird to me. She's very much her own character, but then she only really works in concert with Sora. I get that the story's trying to stress the importance and power of their duality in contrast to everyone else but it still sort of leaves me cold.
-Hard to recommend to others because, again, 11-year old panty shots. Anime I love you and all but come on, give me something to work with here.

Baccano! 1

This OP is fucking dope. Hell, the whole OST from this episode was great.

I really like the setup and setting for this show. I feel like it's going to be difficult keeping up with all of the characters though. Kinda jumped right in without really giving any of them any introductions. Feels like Isaac and Miria will be the main focus, but with the first half of the episode between the newspaper editor and his assistant, maybe that feeling is presumptious.

I do know that the Gandor's seem like a pleasant bunch. And of course by pleasant I mean brutal.

I can't help but move like this every time I listen to that song.

2511898-tumblr_mdft5mqtry1rkppw7o1_400.gif

Focusing on the characters isn't as hard as I thought it would be, five episodes in from where I am. The show does a really good job with repeating scenes from different perspectives to see things from different angles so far.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873023/02_cs1w1_x720.jpg[/IG][IMG]http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873024/03_cs1w1_x720.jpg[/IG]

Yukina Himeragi from [I]Strike the Blood [/I] and Kojou Akatsuki as the assist.

and

Rentarō Satomi from [I]Black Bullet[/I] and Enju Aihara as the assist.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W7KBBi5.jpg[/IG] [IMG]http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873025/04_cs1w1_720x.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873029/08_cs1w1_720x.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873026/05_cs1w1_720x.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Good choice for Rentaro, but that change in style from the anime is eh.

Defuser

Finally a male main character that is not a assist but they should have pick enju instead.

Why does Sega have fucked up priorities of selecting characters?

A heads up, remember to watch episode 11.5 in between 11 and 12. It's chronologically there and it also came out in-between the two episodes while the show aired, so there's no issue with watching it there. There are some... clashing postures regarding the relevance of the episode in the series, thematically speaking.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

mankoto

Rentaro? Sounds like a wasted slot... Ah well.

Hitsugi no Chaika 12 END
I honestly found this episode kinda boring until
HOLY SHIT VIVI TURNED INTO A CHAIKA.
I'm guessing that there are meant to be a definite number of Chaika in the world at once, so if one dies it's immediately replaced.

No Game No Life 12 END
jMWPUT6dw8avA.jpg

My surprise hit of the season has ended. I don't know how to feel. I hope there is a second season so I can enjoy the ride again

Clannad 6

Oh, Okazaki, picking all the bad choices. You're never gonna get the Nagisa's Mom end that way!

Okay, that was a pretty cool fantasy.

ivUhNe150WpUD.jpg

A Fuko fan club. Great.

And Okazaki earns the title of Onii-sama. Must resist Mahouka jokes.

Okazaki is dangerously genre-savvy.

Embarassing statement there, Nagisa.

Fuko has the strangest dreams.

Obligatory maid uniforms. Oh, and I didn't realize this show had achievements.

iFavWCTKzUoxm.jpg

Serious screencapping skills.

She receives a lot of gifts from girls.
:sdburton

Whoa.

I'm really starting to enjoy Okazaki as a protagonist. He's almost like a less whiny Kyon.

You have all my respect now. Thank you for saying this. I agree. :)

Sword Art Online - 16

What do you mean ALO's the new hottest Virtual MMO in town?!? Who would trust another company with this crap if this sort of thing
KILLED 4000 people? That thing would practically be considered a murder weapon by all means! A psychological torture device! Hell, there's like 300 people who still have yet to wake up from it! I wouldn't trust it!!!

Wait Suguha what are you thinki- Oh no.

OH NO.

THIS IS IT ISN'T IT? This is where they start building up the you-know-what! Aaaaaggggghh this show is spiralling downward so fast make it stooooooooooooooooooop.

cajunator

Banned
What if it was a figure of a character you don't like? Because that's the next one on the way!

I never buy figures I dont like!

Kino's Journey 11

Another sort of omnibus episode, this is Kino recounting the stories of the other people she encountered who were going on journeys, or went on journeys. Why do people travel? What's the point? Why did she tease me about the one thing I want to know?

As Kino noted at the end, the important thing about traveling isn't necessarily the destination, but keeping an open mind on your way there. The unexpected encounters you have while traveling are usually the most special memories that you make.

Next episode looks really really dark.

You dont know the half of it. but the last two episodes are really good.

02_cs1w1_x720.jpg
03_cs1w1_x720.jpg

Yukina Himeragi from Strike the Blood and Kojou Akatsuki as the assist.

and

Rentarō Satomi from Black Bullet and Enju Aihara as the assist.

W7KBBi5.jpg
04_cs1w1_720x.jpg

08_cs1w1_720x.jpg

05_cs1w1_720x.jpg

S-should I be watching Strike the Blood?

Friendly reminder that the only reason anyone should ever watch Strike the Blood is for best girls.

And when I mean watch, I mean look up their scenes on YouTube.

English sites are up for Aldnoah and P4G now, should you want to visit them for whatever reason.

http://www.p4gausa.com/

Speaking as someone whose never played Golden

Is the chick in the hat Yu's implied love interest?

I'm only asking because of the image and the little video teaser.

Hyouka 11
Honestly I like Oreki's ending more. I thought it was uncharacteristic for Oreki's best friend to be
that harsh to Oreki
. At least Mayaka was nice about it.

Well that's one case solved although how it all snaked out wasn't good for Oreki and I actually feel a little bad for him.

Also that chat room conversation has me quite puzzled (partially because both are typing so fast that it's hard to keep up). Was she talking to the scriptwriter or another person. Sort of lost me on that scene. Would appreciate if someone can clear that up. Unless it's answered in another episode and is part of the mystery. If that's the case just do a ;3.

Moaradin

Speaking as someone whose never played Golden

Is the chick in the hat Yu's implied love interest?

I'm only asking because of the image and the little video teaser.

They'll probably focus on her a lot in this adaption just to differentiate themselves from the last one. I don't think the last anime adaption even had a love interest route.

It's a good and funny game and I haven't watched South Park for like 6 or 7 years.
If you have competitionist OCD then be wary of missable Chinpokomon and friends. Drove me insane.

I watch South Park almost religiously. On regular college days when I can have my lunch at home I pick an episode in southparkstudios.com everytime. So every reference is especially great. Favorite junk items by far are Alabama MAAAAHN and Wild Wacky Action Bite, YOU CAN'T RIDE IT YOU CAN'T RIDE IT

Not to mention each time I see a Chinpokomon I sing along with it. As well as every song. This game was made for me haha.

Narag

Hyouka 11

Honestly I like Oreki's ending more. I thought it was uncharacteristic for Oreki's best friend to be
that harsh to Oreki
. At least Mayaka was nice about it.

Well that's one case solved although how it all snaked out wasn't good for Oreki and I actually feel a little bad for him.

Also that chat room conversation has me quite puzzled (partially because both are typing so fast that it's hard to keep up). Was she talking to the scriptwriter or another person. Sort of lost me on that scene. Would appreciate if someone can clear that up. Unless it's answered in another episode and is part of the mystery. If that's the case just do a ;3.

It's Oreki's sister iirc

We should challenge them to a dance-off to get them back!

No, they can have them.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online - 16

What do you mean ALO's the new hottest Virtual MMO in town?!? Who would trust another company with this crap if this sort of thing
KILLED 4000 people? That thing would practically be considered a murder weapon by all means! A psychological torture device! Hell, there's like 300 people who still have yet to wake up from it! I wouldn't trust it!!!

Wait Suguha what are you thinki- Oh no.

OH NO.

THIS IS IT ISN'T IT? This is where they start building up the you-know-what! Aaaaaggggghh this show is spiralling downward so fast make it stooooooooooooooooooop.

It only gets worse!

Thread activity just fell off a cliff.

Mario Kart.

Articalys

I don't see that many AnimeGAFers in LL OT.

On an unrelated note I just finished MGR. This dude reminded me of all of you.
I was amused that the guy is so interested in the magazine he doesn't even look away from it to grab the slice of pizza at the start of the scene.
Then he starts turning the pages with the same greasy fingers. Bad form.

Still waiting for them to actually make something for that anime from NMH, though.

TUSR

Banned
No Game No Life 12

Wow, the feels hit me when the intro song started to play closing out Tet's words. As I expected they got that huge hook in there for season 2. Counting down the days until S2 is confirmed, the sales and reception are too great for it not to be continued.

Surprise of the season and AOTS.

Did you finish NGNL?

Shergal

Hyouka 11

At the end,
It's Oreki's sister, like Narag said. Oreki's sister is the one who told Irisu to contact Chitanda and the Classics Club back in episode 8, so she sort of set everything up

Hyouka 11.5 (OVA) - Let's All Go To The Pool
I think that's the first serious blush Oreki has done this entire series.

It wasn't a bad episode but it wasn't as compelling as the rest of the series. I guess this episode is meant for its fanservice which even then was very little (and good on them for that! This is not the type of series that hangs it's hat on that type of stuff). Actually Chitanda was cute with how she handled herself with Oreki. She actually reminds me of Nagisa a bit.

Anyways this was a decent enough episode if only to keep watching these characters do their thing. The episode itself was a little middling.

Puchimas!! 70-71

Now starring Harukasan playing as everyone else!

Dog Days 09

I notice that they have the Senran Kagura version of strip losing going on here.

Hitsugi no Chaika 12

/dead at the revival in this episode

It wasn't bad but it wasn't completely thrilling for me to really want to watch part 2 of this. Will probably depend on how Fall is.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 12

Well this wasn't a bad series.

Only serves as a jumping point for secret best show of next season, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life 12

Wow, the feels hit me when the intro song started to play closing out Tet's words. As I expected they got that huge hook in there for season 2. Counting down the days until S2 is confirmed, the sales and reception are too great for it not to be continued.

Surprise of the season and AOTS.

Did you finish NGNL?

I started episode 8 and fell asleep on my keyboard, woke up, and went to play MArio Kart with NFLgaf and then some of animegaf and now Im back. might restart it now.
I dont know how yall play videogames so well. I really suck,

TUSR

Banned
I started episode 8 and fell asleep on my keyboard, woke up, and went to play MArio Kart with NFLgaf and then some of animegaf and now Im back. might restart it now.
I dont know how yall play videogames so well. I really suck,

Get that doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Might be time to start Hyouka or Chaika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom