• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Hyouka 11.5 (OVA) - Let's All Go To The Pool

I think that's the first serious blush Oreki has done this entire series.

It wasn't a bad episode but it wasn't as compelling as the rest of the series. I guess this episode is meant for its fanservice which even then was very little (and good on them for that! This is not the type of series that hangs it's hat on that type of stuff). Actually Chitanda was cute with how she handled herself with Oreki. She actually reminds me of Nagisa a bit.

Anyways this was a decent enough episode if only to keep watching these characters do their thing. The episode itself was a little middling.

11.5 impartiality - 1, firehawk12 - 0
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
When do you guys play Mario Kart? I caught a few games last night but it looks like I missed today's races.

Nobody organizes times yet, it's just drop in/drop out as you please. For some reason there's a window from 12:30-1AM EST where the room is closed, though. I guess there's no option for an endless tournament so the longest you can schedule is 23 hours and 30 minutes.

e: speaking of which, I'm looking for opponents! Quote this post to see the room code.

S-should I be watching Strike the Blood?

It's ok. It's not the story that keeps people watching, is all I can say. You'll probably appreciate the game more if you watch it though!

Of all the Dengeki Bunko series present in the game, I still have yet to see Accel World, Ro-Kyu-Bu!, and Durarara.

I've still yet to finish Shakugan no Shana and Strike the Blood.

cajunator

Banned
When do you guys play Mario Kart? I caught a few games last night but it looks like I missed today's races.

I started around 9PM and played several hours.

Get that doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Might be time to start Hyouka or Chaika.

Yes! Chaika! Start! Cute!

sooo chaika yay or nay?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's ok. It's not the story that keeps people watching, is all I can say. You'll probably appreciate the game more if you watch it though!

Of all the Dengeki Bunko series present in the game, I still have yet to see Accel World, Ro-Kyu-Bu!, and Durarara.

I've still yet to finish Shakugan no Shana and Strike the Blood.

Accel World is aweeeeeeeeesome! Kuroyukihime and Niko and ?? are the best characters.

Hyouka 12
So they're really going for the "we're not going to actually show the sisters face". Interesting.....

Culture Festival!!! Yay!! Love how everything went into
Oreki's favor in that club meeting
. Chitanda's enthusiasm is amazing.
Hey-Hey-Ho!!!!! *few seconds later* Oreiki: Oh.....
So I thought that was pretty funny. Episode was full of laughs like when
Fukube comes crashing in as the planet Jupiter and totally wreaks, Chitanda being distracted at every little thing and Oreki hanging out the window for a minute and doing the whole arm clap
. I like the nod to Karuta (100 poets) in the episode. Reminded me of Chihiyafuru.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Hyouka. It has made me laugh the most.

Earth Maiden Arjuna 3-6

Alan Gregory (Chris) is a piece of shit!

BURGERS MAKES YOU THINK OF CUTTING TREES! LOOK AT PROCESS FOODS YOU PIECES OF SHIT! ANTI-BATERIAL SOAP! INVENTIONS OF SATAN!

Sayuri clearly wants that Tokio dick. Apparently Schools and teachers are also full of shit! And makes a girl want to jump out of a fucking window! AND NO ONE ASKS WHY SHE JUMPED OUT OF A WINDOW!

I thought this show was going to die on us after the next session, when we watch Kuttsukiboshi, and Arjuna 7-9, but this really made them want to see this to the end. KEKEKEKEKEKEKEK

cajunator

Banned
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hyouka 12

So they're really going for the "we're not going to actually show the sisters face". Interesting.....

Culture Festival!!! Yay!! Love how everything went into
Oreki's favor in that club meeting
. Chitanda's enthusiasm is amazing.
Hey-Hey-Ho!!!!! *few seconds later* Oreiki: Oh.....
So I though that was pretty funny. Episode was full of laughs like when
Fukube comes crashing in as the planet Jupiter and totally wreaks, Chitanda being distracted at every little thing and Oreki hanging out the window for a minute and doing the whole arm clap
. I like the nod to Karuta (100 poets) in the episode. Reminded me of Chihiyafuru.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Hyouka. It has made me laugh the most.

Yes this is where Hyouka gets interesting.

Mature

Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer
Even in the midst of watching Urusei Yatsura TV, I stop to watch Beautiful Dreamer once again. It always hits all the notes— from somber and sad, to hysterical and exciting. This film continues to stand the test of time for me and it's potent atmosphere puts me in a great mood. Still one of my favorites.

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life 08

MOFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Blank is so cocksure its incredible but they have all the confidence in the world and when they make a bet they put it ALL on the table. This show is insanely fun. What a treat.

We'll see what they say after episode 9.

Truly one of the standout episodes of our lifetime.

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life 09

This show is so awesome it blows my freaking mind.

The sound direction is particularly excellent. Its so HNNNNNNGH

Jarmel

Banned
No Game No Life-12

Holy fuck, this was some Lelouch level planning. That's so insanely absurd that when Sora gives his speeches about being weak, he feels so full of shit. He thought ahead of everybody by five or six steps. I don't even understand his complaint about the real world in that he doesn't understand the game, even in the IRL he would have been flat out amazing at anything he would have accomplished. The siblings literally have something beyond a genius level IQ.

If it wasn't for the loli fanservice and godawful color filters, this show would have really been something else. It's not a deep show but watching some Code Geass level planning never gets old. The characters really do have some life to them compared to garbage like Mahouka so the show does have a really good amount of energy to it. It's awesome seeing a genius lead that is batshit insane but still there enough to outplay everybody.

Fou-Lu

What are some animes released in the past couple years actually worth watching? It seems every new anime I try to watch ends up being disappointing.

jman2050

No Game No Life-12

Holy fuck, this was some Lelouch level planning.

No, see, Sora and Shiro's plans actually work, for one.

The siblings literally have something beyond a genius level IQ.

That's like saying the sun generates energy at a scale beyond that of a bursting water balloon.

Their intelligence and on-the-fly computational ability is so beyond absurd it's hilarious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is an NHLGAF thing right? Well at least I know who to ignore in terms of opinions since SHL > NHL.

MarkusRJR

How has One Week Friends gone? I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes and got sort of bored. I expected she was faking her memory or something and the lack of plot progression was getting on my nerves. I love slice of life but the show was totally looking like a drama.

Does the story get going again and is it worth continuing?

phaze

Well, he couldn't use the Ripple after becoming a vampire. The one time he uses it near the ending it's basically a suicidal move.

It's more the fact that he got his ass handed to him by a beginner Hamon user.

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG - 12

Holy shit.. that's some sight, man this 2nd season is much more pleasing me.. three previous episode before this also effing awesome.

Yeah that scene was awesome and one of the biggest wtf moments in the show.

Fate/Zero 1
For fairly obvious reasons, I'd probably throw my lot in behind Kariya, who I can only consider some kind of miracle. God, I love this guy. Born into the most twisted family in this whole godforsaken setting, yet he still manages to grow up into a nice decent guy with, you know, morals and values and shit (no thanks to you, Zouken, you utter bastard), and yet he's willing to throw his whole life away and serve the very family he turned his back on just for the sake of one little girl's happiness.

He's doomed on so many levels it's not even funny.

Jumping on #TeamKariya is the only proper way to watch the series.

Girls und Panzer 2
AgwEhzzl.png

Absurdness of the premise is so delightful between the hunt for tanks just laying around, the instructor being airdropped in, and that tank store.

Equally amusing is the different personalities the tank crews have. Volleyball team cracks me up with their sports shounenism.

<rant> It's not a tank, its' an assault gun.

And it wasn't even in production by the time of Winter War. </rant>

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 12-16

That playing dead bit was hilarious.

Jojo is a funny an entertaining protagonist and a big improvement on his predecessor.

The pacing remains as good as ever and they even managed to do an interesting and funny training episode.

Mortemis

Banned
Spring season's practically over right? What are the stand out shows this season. I only keep up with Jojo, I picked up Captain Earth, Haikyuu, No game no life, and one week friends and haven't watched any episode of those after 5. How do any of those turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom