• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Full sales list for June 16-22 is up:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1611

Just to get it out of the way again, a combination of low price, event ticket, and game code skyrocket the first volume of Love Live S2, with 82,515 BDs, to have what is apparently the biggest single TV anime volume first week sales of all time.

Now, moving on to more normal sales...

(Other) New Spring Series: (note: all the following also had an event ticket)
- Gochiusa rings up a respectable and promising 7,899 BD+DVD for its first volume.
- One Week Friends vol.1 is in the midrange with 4,705 BD+DVD.
- Akuma no Riddle vol.1 takes us under the 2k line with just 1,469 BD+DVD
- And just below it is Gaworare vol.1, bringing up the rear with 1,324 BD+DVD.

Other stuff:
- The Wind Rises flies above 100k with a BD+DVD total of 109,446 to give Miyazaki a good sendoff.
- The second and final Gundam Build Fighters BD-Box sells 7,848, for a total average so far of 8,688 (factoring in the DVDs released so far, with two more to go).

And of course, as usual, there's a lot of updates for ongoing series at the link.

Oh yeah! There was a new OP and ED for Hyouka that just started playing. I don't like them all that much. They pale in comparison to the first OP and ED. :/
tumblr_m90vo6P5zW1qcthzao1_500.gif

What?! the second ed is amazing

cajunator

Banned
I thought something was weird with the TETRIS music but damn .. the original version 's so much better

yeah but not much could be done. Its one of those licensing hell things. I would have at least liked a midi style bgm or something of Katyusha but maybe they couldnt even get clearance for that.

Not saying she's best girl (clearly that's Chitanda), but she isn't the worst. Irisu-Senpai is the worst.

tumblr_m9t19jkhkq1rb646lo1_500.gif

Nafe is gonna kill you.

Full sales list for June 16-22 is up:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1611

Just to get it out of the way again, a combination of low price, event ticket, and game code skyrocket the first volume of Love Live S2, with 82,515 BDs, to have what is apparently the biggest single TV anime volume first week sales of all time.

Now, moving on to more normal sales...

(Other) New Spring Series: (note: all the following also had an event ticket)
- Gochiusa rings up a respectable and promising 7,899 BD+DVD for its first volume.
- One Week Friends vol.1 is in the midrange with 4,705 BD+DVD.
- Akuma no Riddle vol.1 takes us under the 2k line with just 1,469 BD+DVD
- And just below it is Gaworare vol.1, bringing up the rear with 1,324 BD+DVD.

Other stuff:
- The Wind Rises flies above 100k with a BD+DVD total of 109,446 to give Miyazaki a good sendoff.
- The second and final Gundam Build Fighters BD-Box sells 7,848, for a total average so far of 8,688 (factoring in the DVDs released so far, with two more to go).

And of course, as usual, there's a lot of updates for ongoing series at the link.

GOCHIUSA :D
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Girls und Panzer 10

The episode where Nishizumi makes this face a lot.

More tanks found and a few gets pimped out. Tankery is useful for a lot of stuff. Gets you friends, even among the enemies, and can even help you get better at flower arranging. And it's sister vs sister in the finals then.

Edit: Oh, and everybody seemed to be eating different types of cutlets.

tumblr_m90vo6P5zW1qcthzao1_500.gif

What?! the second ed is amazing

It's alright. It's more the new OP I don't like. The new ED I don't care for. Song is weird, animation is a nice nod to Holmes. It's just okay. It was fun watching it the first time but the second time was like "man this song is bad and is totally not with the tone".

Nafe is gonna kill you.

It's a TruthFact though. As it stands, up till episode 13, she is a stoic and boring character.

Edit: For Comparisons Sake...

OP1

OP2

Theonik

Happiness Charge PreCure 18
zkntkj.png

The strongest of vows.
Nafe is happening!

Happiness Charge PreCure 19
Football PreCure. RE: Intro. Cure Ace is the very WORST design I've seen in a while. Holy shit. Just awful.

Happiness Charge PreCure 20
Misunderstandings.

Happiness Charge PreCure 21
sidawx.png

Hito gon' Hito.
Nafe no. This is OBVIOUSLY A TRAP. STAHP.
Nafe gonna get Korra'd

cnet128

Banned
Oh yeah! There was a new OP and ED for Hyouka that just started playing. I don't like them all that much. They pale in comparison to the first OP and ED. :/

I'm the biggest fan of the second ED myself, but OP2 is the best. The song's decent enough, but I just love the visuals with the whole reflection theme. It tells a touching little story all by itself.

Theonik

It was pretty horrible but what else could they have done with no rights to the song?
How did Japan get rights to the song to begin with?
They didn't. And the western licensors didn't try to license it.
It was pure panic.

This track was so good. Amidst all the electronica, Iwasaki writes a glorious piece of romantic opera for the show.
I mean don't get me wrong, I love the electronica.

:(

They cut out the scene completely on crunchyroll.
Arguably the scene wasn't important enough anyhow and cutting it was better to be frank. The one they went with on the BD is just awkward, it doesn't fit, and is just dead space. Not to mention it being sapped of the whole joke of the scene to begin with.

I'm the biggest fan of the second ED myself, but OP2 is the best. The song's decent enough, but I just love the visuals with the whole reflection theme. It tells a touching little story all by itself.

Nah I get what your saying. But for me OP's and ED's have to flow with the rest of the show. I look at OP's as something that gets you into the mood and tone for the show. In other words it sets the tone for the episode. And the ED should leave you with lingering emotions or wind you down depending on what they're going for.

Out of context they're fine but in the context of the rest of the show they feel at odds.

It's like After Story's ED. While on its own it's fine but within the context of the rest of the episodes it's in it clashes with the overall tone (except for one particular episode). So it should flow and not feel like a sudden tonal shift. If that makes any sense.

Mecha

Yeah, I've given it some thought. And I think I'll drop it actually. The more I thought about the less I cared about the show. Looking on it, the felt so....throw away. Like there was nothing special or charming about it.

GaoGaiGar at least had that little childlike wonder spirit seeing it for the first time since the main character was a little kid.

This show...just felt like nothing. Maybe I'll come back to it at one point, but right now I've got Gundam SEED, Baccano!, Jojo, and...ugh.....SAO on my plate.

I should also get back to Escha and Logy at some time as well.

When you want to watch a mecha show I suggest trying out Da-Garn, same series as GaoGaiGar, and I believe it shares the same script writer.

Tenumi

Banned
No Game No Life (END)

Quite a turn around, from a show that I dropped 10 minutes into the first episode, to restarting, to becoming one of the best shows this season. Not to mention the room for a sequel... it was well worth the time spent to watch.

cajunator

Banned
These next several months aren't going to be so bad.

SAO 2 MIGHT be enjoyable. At the very least I should hope some things were learned from Accel World being pretty decent. Probably not though.
It still has Asuna in it and thats worrisome.

They didn't. And the western licensors didn't try to license it.
It was pure panic.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the electronica.

Arguably the scene wasn't important enough anyhow and cutting it was better to be frank. The one they went with on the BD is just awkward, it doesn't fit, and is just dead space. Not to mention it being sapped of the whole joke of the scene to begin with.

So Japan just basically used the song and didnt give a fuck?

Soma

On one hand I'm happy someone is enjoying Hyouka instead of being all "OMG SO BORING"

On the other, hating on Irisu...

o4VwlLj.png

On one hand I'm happy someone is enjoying Hyouka instead of being all "OMG SO BORING"

On the other, hating on Irisu...

o4VwlLj.png

Hate is a strong word.

She's the least emotive and least interesting of the bunch. In comparison to Mayaka and Chitanda she's not all that amazing.

She's even less emotive than Oreki. Like come on.

Narag

Girls und Panzer 3

tBCGzNPl.jpg
IhhhFptl.jpg

phaze could relate to yukari

Cruising through town on the Panzer IV was beyond amusing. Show works so well, I think, due to being one that believes in its premise. Lots of extra work done to illustrate how the tank stuff is integrated into culture.

Hitsugi no Chaika - 12

Nothing to really report on this episode, it was kinda funny how the
crazy blonde was defeated.

I don't really think I will continue on watching, the show has been pretty ho hum aside from the Red Chaika arc.

Date A Live 6-7

Hot springs episode was fun since well
no time in the hot springs
. Hilarious action when not focused on actually dating or kissing.

Kurumi is probably best character after Shido and Tonomachi. The vivid description of delicious Shido is just plain awesome and the way she was getting all into it when the hands and that laugh bordering on crazy. Characters with the multicoloured eyes are always fun to see animated and lived up to expectations from the brief moment in the OP.
imouto and her are much more entertaining around than clueless Tohka and dull origami thankfully
I would like it officially known, recognised and framed on my wall that DTL likes Kurumi.

On a related note:

Not that I care about IntSaimoe, of course.

cnet128

Banned
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka? 12 END

A happy cozy adorable ending to a happy cozy adorable show. Loved the imouto focus in the first half of the episode. Sharo's scene was of course the best because Sharo is untouchably best girl.

I don't know how Manga Time Kirara does it, but I swear every show that comes out of there is possessed of some kind of wonderful magic. Here's hoping that Hanayamata next season doesn't break the pattern. Although actually, next season looks set to provide for us lovers of cuteness regardless, what with the likes of Sabagebu! being brought to us by the eminent Ohta/Aoshima combo, and of course Prisma Illya 2wei! which is going to be the best thing ever.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because war... war never changes.
The humans in Transformers are worse than Magneto and Hydra combined at stupid plans.

YES YES YES
The future is alive

Knights of Sidonia season 2 officially announced
Finally best girl gonna show up
That's not
android waifu
. Oh god what has this show done to me. :(

Not saying she's best girl (clearly that's Chitanda), but she isn't the worst. Irisu-Senpai is the worst.

http://theobviouskumochan.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/tumblr_m9t19jkhkq1rb646lo1_500.gif
Oreki's sister > Irisu > everyone else.

Yeah, when I watched Hyouka, I liked the 1st OP a lot better because it was like an "awakening" thing.

2nd OP was funny but didn't really fit.

Chariot

Two Date A Live girls to divide the votes while all the other girls in the mix are the only representatives from their series? And the other Date A Live girl is the inexplicably popular Kotori?

Sadly, I don't think Kurumi stands a chance.
Why is Kotori popular? It's like the dozen time I have seen this character, same statur, character and even hair (in doujinshi).
I sincerely hope nobody actually thinks of Asuna as a goddess. she aint even cute.
I actually was fond of her. But thats mostly because she doesen't have any edges and everything else in SAO was poopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom