• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyway, kind of interesting how one of the most praised shows of the season was the catalyst for all of this.
If NGNL is one of the most praised shows of the season coming off a Spring like this then there really is a problem.

Free 01

H8FJTGh.gif

So all the guys have girls names and were all in some sort of swimming club together. Two of them seem to have attitude problems.

Oh boy is this show ever manservicey. Lots of stripping and swimmer bodies.

jbug617

Banned
I wanted to buy the Blu-rays for it too but my budget is screaming no. So I can't. Hopefully they will still be available in a few months.

Racs posted that NISA already sold out of their first shipment and people who ordered after April 30th have to wait until the end of July for the next shipment.

jman2050

ATTENTION CALLING ALL TORADORA FANS

http://i.imgur.com/35QWTyb.gif[IMG]

ultimatemegax, to celebrate the imminent release of NISA's Toradora BD-box and dub, has just posted a full translation of an in-depth roundtable interview with Tatsuyuki Nagai (the show's director) and Mari Okada, conducted at JC Staff shortly after the anime and novels ended. Naturally, there are spoilers for the entire series contained within, so keeping that in mind...

[url]http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/toradora-tatsuyuki-nagai-x-mari-okada-roundtable-translation/[/url]

Well worth a read.[/QUOTE]

[quote]- Was Okada-san involved in this project at that point?
Nagai: Not at that point. [b]I requested her on this show in order to harden the anime’s story to some extent.[/b] One of the producers introduced her to me as one of those young women with tons of spirit.
Okada: Thank you (laughs). As for when I was involved, it was around when the fourth volume came out.[/quote]

[quote]- Toradora!’s novels and anime finished at around the same time. Have either of you had that experience before?
Okada: For Toradora!, Takemiya-sensei’s kindness was immense. [b]She left everything up to us and said we didn’t have to follow the novels exactly. I was so impressed. It made everything much easier for us.[/b][/quote]

Aha, so it really was Okadabot all along!

Free 02

Well she is having fun.

So sharkboy has issues losing and guy obsessed with getting wet just doesn't give a shit as long as he can swim. When Gou/Kou said she would join the swim team I was happy but then she said she would be a manager which made me sad.

I swam in a swim team once. That's not a swimmer body.
I'm curious then what a swimmer's body looks like as I have no idea.

Oh hey guys. It's nice to be able to come here at night and t-

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

What's wrong with a little manservice? Free your mind!

duckroll

The weirdest thing about Free's "manservice" is that it isn't even... attractive. It's super weird. They hardly look like humans at all. I can see what they were kinda going for with the designs, but it really doesn't work.

Hyouka 15

Okay that was funny. Chitanda is just too funny. Love how in your face she is with Oreki.

Mayaka and Fukube seem to be going through something that is sure to become more and more apparent in the episodes to come. It seems we have a real case here and Fukube wants to solve this more than Oreki. Seems like what Irisu said earlier in the series to
Oreki about his natural talent
is coming to fruition. There was a lot of dynamics at play in this episode and a lot of subtle setting up of character motivations and growth. Let's see where this leads to...

wonzo

Banned
The weirdest thing about Free's "manservice" is that it isn't even... attractive. It's super weird. They hardly look like humans at all. I can see what they were kinda going for with the designs, but it really doesn't work.
The power of fujoshi muscletwink pandering.

I'd argue that the fanservice targeted towards men doesn't look natural or attractive a lot of the time as well.

Syrinx

Aria: The Animation 1

So I guess this is the ultimate in slow-paced, nothing-really-happening anime. I really like the setting, and the music was impressive as well. I also liked the characters. I guess what's to be seen is whether or not those things can sustain it throughout.

duckroll

I'd argue that the fanservice targeted towards men doesn't look natural or attractive a lot of the time as well.

Sure that's certainly true too, but I guess I just hold KyoAni productions to a higher standard than the generic low effort boob jiggling fanservice stuff produced to sell body pillows. Then again, I guess they also did a bunch of Key adaptations. Lol.

Sure that's certainly true too, but I guess I just hold KyoAni productions to a higher standard than the generic low effort boob jiggling fanservice stuff produced to sell body pillows. Then again, I guess they also did a bunch of Key adaptations. Lol.

I didn't find any of the key adaptation girls that offensive other than obnoxious, gigantic eyes. The big moe blob that sticks out like a sore thumb in the KyotoAni stuff I've seen is Mikuru from Haruhi. She is the definition of over the top boobs and fanservice.

Mature

I hated that shit when I first started, but much like the Berserk OP or anything else out of place 20 hours later I loved and welcomed it, to the point where I was sad they removed it from Dark Arisen
I'm sure everyone has one of those. For me it was the Gankutsuou Opening. It's not exactly bad, but something sounds distinctly off. At any rate, I loved it by the end of the series.

jbug617

Banned

agree. They don't take off their shirts in a normal way. They sort of contort their body while doing it.

I'm sure everyone has one of those. For me it was the Gankutsuou Opening. It's not exactly bad, but something sounds distinctly off. At any rate, I loved it by the end of the series.

I got a bunch.

I really like Indestructible from SF4 and every time it gets an update I hoped they would put it back in. I also really like the main menu theme in 3S Online Edition.

I'm also not sure if I like or hate Tough Boy from Fist of the North Star

jman2050

I mean, they just finished with Kyoukai no Konata and Chuu2-2. Neither of those are exactly wholesome, to say the least.

Mature

I got a bunch.

I really like Indestructible from SF4 and every time it gets an update I hoped they would put it back in. I also really like the main menu theme in 3S Online Edition.

I'm also not sure if I like or hate Tough Boy from Fist of the North Star
I'm right there with you for Indestructible.

Aria: The Animation 1

So I guess this is the ultimate in slow-paced, nothing-really-happening anime. I really like the setting, and the music was impressive as well. I also liked the characters. I guess what's to be seen is whether or not those things can sustain it throughout.

Hope you can keep with the entire series 52 episodes, along with the few specials the series has to offer. This is definitely a slice-of-life series that should not be missed.

I also just received my copy of Eri Kawai's memorial album that features most (if not all?) of the songs she sang in the series.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 04

"Do you want to do it with me ? "

Akira is actually quite the schemist but somehow i still don't hate her....because the way she told those 4 girls in the studio was excellent !!

SERVE YOU RIGHt , MINDLESS GROUPIES !

Meanwhile , 2 friends are born and our heroine slowly become battle crazed ... i CANNOT WAIT.

BLASPHEMY ? WHAAT IF her wish is to continue to battle ? Would that be true you girl would be in a serious trouble i'd tell you that.

I posted this in the Ping Pong the Animation OT, but got no reply, so I figure I'll repost it here - it's also an opportunity for me to reiterate my appreciation for the show and the gaffers who introduced it to me:

I was turned on to this show by GAF, and I'm really glad I was. I've seen Kaiba and Kemonozume, as well as part of Tatami Galaxy (the repetition early on got to me, I should give it another try some time), but this is the first Yuasa series that's completely hit home for me. I feel comfortable saying this is one of the very best series I've ever seen. It's not completely without flaws, but it's so consistently strong and its highs are just magnificent.

One question about the final episode: what did people get out of the scene where the older generation reunites outside the match? Koizumi expresses what seems to be the closest thing to outright resentment he's capable of, asking Kazama directly about the Butterfly Jo affair. Kazama reacts completely tactlessly, shrugging it off. Koizumi challenges him, and he continues to be a total sleazeball, offering Tamura one of his wares. None of this appears to be a joke. Then the tone of the scene completely changes. Koizumi says some things that are intentionally obscured and the three seem to reconcile, "returning" to their earlier days. I can't help but feel like I missed something significant here. I'll probably feel like a fool when someone explains it to me.

Big Knights of Sidonia critique
So much of what you said here mirrors my own feelings about the show. It's incredibly frustrating to me, or was, since at this point I've accepted it's not what I was hoping for. I won't go into to much detail, but for me the interest doesn't come so much from the battle scenes, but from the broader aspects of the setting itself. Unfortunately it's almost entirely unwilling to focus on those things I find interesting, and inconsistent in execution even when it gets to them. I plan to check out the manga, but all I really expect are better art and hopefully pacing. Maybe afterwards I'll come back and air my grievances in full.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

The lack of nipple kinda disturb me.

Yeah, especially the jiggle. Which is why i have some respect to Mikakunin studio. They actually make believable jiggle. (wait, is this too much lewd too discuss?)

Whatever. Y'all just hating. I'll make my own thread you'll see.
FDjMhQz.gif

Summer 2014 Anime IOTI We have blackjack and hookers
Summer 2014 Hookers IOTI Forget the anime and the blackjack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom