• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
[JoJo's Part 3] - 13

I'm totally flabbergasted. This episode started with awkward CG cards and ended with honest-too-goodness awesome mechanical animation. I can't handle this turn of events!

It's also good to see the Horror Movie theme continue. Each Stand Villain is basically from a horror movie e.g. Child's Play (Chucky) = The Devil , the Blob = Yellow Temperance, How to Get Ahead In Advertising = The Empress, Christine = Wheel of Foture, Death Ship = Strength. It's actually pretty amazing.

I mentioned it in the official JJBA anime thread, but Araki is a gigantic horror movie fan and even wrote a book about the influences on JoJo.

I forgets if I added you or not. Ill check on Sunday.

You did, you were one of the 6!

I addded you on steam if that's worth something.
Also I think, I lost you in Civ V to someone else. I'm sorry. Cajuncity is the only thing I have left.

Wait what

I will add you next week if you're okay with it.

I really should have just paid for actual shipping. UPS Ground from Seattle to Orlando takes a while :(

Sure

Clov

Wow, you're just destroying content left and right. I remember the idea of having a Summer...

I'm just glad that I have the time for these longer shows now; once the school year starts back up, I'll be busier than ever, so I'll probably only be watching a few currently airing things.

Since you seem to be destroying content left and right to fill me with nostalgia of my past year, I'm going to shamelessly plug Ojamajo Doremi here.

I've heard of it, and looking at some pictures it seems pretty cute! I might give a season a watch later down the line.

duckroll

[JoJo's Part 3] - 13

I'm totally flabbergasted. This episode started with awkward CG cards and ended with honest-too-goodness awesome mechanical animation. I can't handle this turn of events!

It's also good to see the Horror Movie theme continue. Each Stand Villain is basically from a horror movie e.g. Child's Play (Chucky) = The Devil , the Blob = Yellow Temperance, How to Get Ahead In Advertising = The Empress, Christine = Wheel of Foture, Death Ship = Strength. It's actually pretty amazing.

The Fly = Tower of Gray, Creature from the Black Lagoon = Dark Blue Moon.

I wish Daisuki would add the final episode of Mekakucity Actors. Happily surprised at the lack of delays this season until today. Hopefully they respond to my message.

Captain Earth 13

Oh c'mon even Green has to join up with Team Rocket? I actually thought he was alright. Guess he'll just be sidelined now, considering he's a man with nothing to lose character now and thus will be not useful at all

And it takes Daichi until they are fighting to figure out who the Designer's Child was. What an absolute moron, seriously. So Daichi and Green get into a fight while the other members of Team Rocket...stand around and watch. They are not very determined to do whatever their plan is.

Looks like next episode is half a beach episode, then half a "stuff actually starts to happen" episode but I kind of doubt that latter part

Also GHOSTS

Articalys

What anime is she from.
9kg6Vi4.jpg

Though I've actually only ever seen FMA in Japanese once, and that was for the Milos movie in theaters. And even then I've only seen a handful of Brotherhood episodes if I stay awake long enough on Toonami, so my Al experience is mostly limited to Aaron Dismuke.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 22

This entire Super Hero Time (+Precure) block seemed to have the theme of being reborn, and one's identity. No spoilers for the toku parts, but for Iona...
so Phantom destroys Cure Tender's hand-me-down cards, and she uses everything Hime had gathered in order to wish for a true set of powers, that truly belong to Cure Fortune. Half of it is just to line Bandai's wallet with more money, but the symbolic rebirth of Iona claiming Fortune as something uniquely her own, with a piano to transform and a tambourine to fight with, is a welcome change and development.

The team of four is finally assembled. Though it'll take some time for Iona to get over her lingering hatred. Glad to see the next stage of the show starting in earnest.

Cure of the Week: Reika. This is the path of the anniversary!

It's only after rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender that I'm reminded how much better it is than Korra. And I've only just started season 2 with my friend. It's ridiculous. How'd they go so wrong.

Jex

It's only after rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender that I'm reminded how much better it is than Korra. And I've only just started season 2 with my friend. It's ridiculous. How'd they go so wrong.

The power of sequels sir, the power of sequels.

Wait, that's not an anime! Outrageous!

Syrinx

Aria: The Animation 2

I liked that bit of backstory with child Aika meeting Alicia for the first time. And the interaction between Akira and Alicia was pretty funny. Visuals in this show are pretty great; this episode's highlight being the town reflected in the water as the tide rose above the streets. Always liked that kinda thing.

emiliano

No Game, No Life 10-12 [END]
Well this was a fun show, enjoyed it immensely and hope for a season 2 :)
Didn't know that. I've cried a little.
This series was soo good. It gambled really high with the screenplay but it went out really nice.
Will be hard to wait for a new season ;_;

Everybody dick rides Onii-sama 13

In today's episode of Everybody Dick Rides Onii-sama:

- People dick ride onii-sama without realizing they are dick-riding him by simply praising his skills. Seriously the amount they did it was astounding.

- The girls continue to revolve around Onii-sama as if he were as incandescent as the sun. Who am I kidding, he IS the sun. The world. The universe.

- Onii-sama continues to be humble to a fault and ignoring his harem, which tv shows have told me make women want you more.

Onii-sama. You raise me uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup so I can touch the mountaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains.

YOU. RA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAISE ME UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 08
WHELP

not gonna lie , i clearly raised an eyebrown when i saw the beginning of that final attack ..since i was thinking : "( is there a need for her to shrink to her size )" ... and then the episode clearly let the hints on with the way it ended.

So hitoe would be back now , i wonder with what wish ..and seriously what a mess ...

i have no idea where they will go for now , seeing as our heroine is currently in limbo , the 2nd has won ( but there may be unforseen consequences ) and the 3rd is back to the starting line again , all while Akira is lurking since she doesn't seems to have given up on her revenge quest.

Seriously what a mess , but i can't stop watching

Why hasn't anybody released the latest Gintama Movie or Hunter X Hunter DVD sets because I'd believe they would sell. Unless there's some licensing issue with the said series. Though the Benzisakura movie for Gintama was released in the states can't the other movie be released.

Yeah I'm just gonna end up buying all the DVD collection for Gintama so far even if it was cut short, in hope that it'll continue one day. Also gonna buy the Benzisakura Movie.

Mekakucity Actors Episode 12: Summertime Record [end]

Pretty fantastic conclusion to the series. Kind of battling the idea that it could have had one more episode to pad things out but otherwise I think it was amazing. The idea of the different loops being present resulting in different events helps to help this fit in into the overall chronology of the entire franchise and help to justify a few things.
Ene power was great to see presented, as well as the nature of Shintaros being able to be used to help calm Marry down and thwart the antagonists plans. Though it was almost kind of a sad conclusion due to the fact that it ought not be wrong to have wanted to stick around with friends forever as they got killed etc in the loop to go back. Also seems to be two loops due to the one where Hibiya Hiyori were trapped in in addition to the entire one present that was a result of Marry's desire. Well at least every one is back and present, good end.

The songs were one of the best parts of this, the animation of our favorite characters into this style as well was great especially Hibiya and Kano
Hibiya clairvoyance scene paired with Kano comment was hilarious
as well as some of the visual genjutsus that never felt out of place or etc like Nisekoi's did.

Hope Aniplex America brings this to us on BD next year, will get. So glad we can actually physically own the Light novel and Manga too next year, the year off kagepro will be great.

Also wonder how many volumes he'll make the LN's since the newest volume only just released weeks ago (which was on Kano background).

Why hasn't anybody released the latest Gintama Movie and DVD sets for Gintama or Hunter X Hunter because I'd believe they would sell. Unless there's some licensing issue with the said series. Though the Benzisakura movie for Gintama was released in the states so if the DVD sets cant be brought over can't the latest movie be licensed.

Was sure sentai said if the movie would sell well then theyd release more gintama, its mid 2014 now, so it seems to have sold less than expected or borderline.

Then again maybe it takes a long time, theyve still not even released Space Brothers even though having the license for years now.

duckroll

One Week Friends - Episode 12 (End)

This series should have just been about Saki and Shogo instead. Hase is such a moron it's really hard to take the main relationship seriously. I guess the ending was about as competent as expected from the premise and the fact that the manga is still ongoing (?). Really enjoyed all the Saki scenes though. Best thing about the entire series. Still, all things considered, this is the best show Brains Base has made in a while. I'm glad they're still able to make more subtle shows like this with good art, instead of stuff like Sengoku Collection and Brothers Conflict.

Stardust Crusaders 13

Haha the car stand was both ridiculous and awesome, and of course Jotaro solved his problems how he always does

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

One Week Friends should've been about Saki and Shogo. Just like Inari Konkon should've been about Uka and her lover boy. It isn't the first time this has happened.

I think it is not very often when a book/media author realizes that a side character is more popular than their leads and gives them their own thing. I think Orson Scott Card is one of the few I know that realized Bean was more well liked than Ender, and gave him his own series.

Aria: The Animation 2

I liked that bit of backstory with child Aika meeting Alicia for the first time. And the interaction between Akira and Alicia was pretty funny. Visuals in this show are pretty great; this episode's highlight being the town reflected in the water as the tide rose above the streets. Always liked that kinda thing.

Pretty sure that meeting occurred
in Aqua, the original name of the series before it had to change magazines
. There will be a few episodes showcasing
the characters' backstories in later episodes, mainly in The Origination I believe
. I would say the character interaction and visuals are staples of the series. The music
along with Athena's singing
is excellent too.

Syrinx

Pretty sure that meeting occurred
in Aqua, the original name of the series before it had to change magazines
. There will be a few episodes showcasing
the characters' backstories in later episodes, mainly in The Origination I believe
. I would say the character interaction and visuals are staples of the series. The music
along with Athena's singing
is excellent too.

You really didn't need to spoiler tag those...

Good to know though.

Narag

Girls und Panzer 7

cLzpSVbl.jpg

4eEd7oll.jpg

rr3Rmgnl.jpg

For Phaze. This caption is superficial facetious but I think you'd appreciate the show actually taking time to address this given earlier comments!

aw shit, didn't expect
midseason upgrades!

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 09

"That truth is cruel"

No , really ? really ? cruel is the easiest word i have on my mind for such a fucked up system..

The selector WIXOSS system is really a LOSE - LOSE system..

Overall this episode , if it wasn't for the last 6 minutes felt like a recap or a summary ..but those last minutes were "enough"

I really want to see Hitoe "new wish"

Ace of the Diamond Episode 37

That was intense.
as a Kawakami fan I was glad to see him get up on the field and pitch some. Also liked how the coach always says the perfect lines, that line to Eijun after a homerun was hit on him

Black Bullet 12

Wow this idiot are you for real right now

Darn it I hope Satomie rips his freaking heart with that metal arm of his

Better to risk all of humanity for your petty teenage angst

Midonin

Excel Saga 09-12

Bowling Robocop, a ridiculous baseball story and a detective yarn that ends as silly as it started. The Menchi episode was a surprisingly emotional story in the middle of all the wackiness. The dogs were by far the most human of the characters, but that contrast was no doubt deliberate. It's not just anime references that I needed in order to understand this, but also Japanese culture. And there's no notes when it comes to online streaming. Things like the dog and monkey baseball teams and all of the terrible language puns are amusing to me. I often believe you've understood enough of a language once you can understand - and also make - its terrible puns. I'm half approaching it from a historical perspective, but a lot of the jokes from '99 hold up today, since they're referencing some pretty famous anime. Lots of good gags in the bowling episode, too. "That was six seconds."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom