• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
G Gundam - 9

041411_winners_dont_use_drugs_tee_1.jpg

phaze

Urobuchi isn't even Aldnoah Zero's actual main writer though, his credits are just as "original creator", even though this is an original anime. This really seems more like a marketing stunt than anything else at this point.

This makes me a sad panda.

Not big on the character designs in Aldonah but it looks interesting enough. Will give it a try.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure 24-26

untitled-1pnsmw.png

They never explained the magic, color changing hair ...

Well that was a delightfully deranged and oddly fitting conclusion to this arc. Kind of refreshing too see a Nazi who doesn't end up as a full on vilain/idiot and is actually useful when the push comes to shove.

All in all I enjoyed Battle Tendency much more than Phantom Bood. Jojo 2.0 was a compelling and genuinely funny character. All the various strategies and "keikakus" kept the fights suspenseful and interesting. The shit Jojo came up sometimes ...

Will start chewing on Stardust Crusaders after short break.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 11

Oh so this is a RomCom Mech show. See if someone told me that. :p

Needed exposition was done in this episode. Laughable explaination but I guess they at least tried. Rains declaration of love for
Fate (that's his name right?) at the end and then turns around to leave him for Domon at the end
had me laughing so hard.

Clov

Wow. Releases like that killed anime in America. Never thought I would see four episode releases in 2014.

That definitely was part of the problem, but what Voyager is doing is a little different. These Blu-Ray sets have a very limited print run, so they're only aiming at hardcore collectors in the first place. This way they avoid situations like Geneon USA having huge amounts of unsold stock returned to them.

That damn game was too much for my heart.

The last 5 episodes of Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan

You want me crying. ;_____;

Have you seen Non Non Biyori?

Yes.

There's always Clannad. ;)

Already did.

Have you seen Natsume Yuujinchou.

nyanpasu!

This could be it.

Aria is the best for calming the heart.

This is what I'm talking about Narag.

I support Clannad, Aria and Non Non Biyori.
My sister supports Natsume Yuujinchou.

NNB is probably the best for a quick heartfix.

It's down to Aria or Natsume, but both are long.

Pooya

Urobuchi isn't even Aldnoah Zero's actual main writer though, his credits are just as "original creator", even though this is an original anime. This really seems more like a marketing stunt than anything else at this point.

slowly turning into Tom Clancy of anime, the 'ghost writers' are better anyway lol.

gargantia was a good one, PP was a bad one. The episodes he actually wrote iirc were even worse.

Okay. This made me lol.

The entire message of that episode was literally stated when
the dude's wife said they have the power to avoid that fate.

In other words,
don't do drugs, and you'll live! lol.

Though I'd prefer most drug PSA's I saw back in the day to be explained to me with giant robot fights.

G Gundam - 10

Ah, here it is. The episode with the famous: "WITH THE HELP OF KYOOOOUUUJIIIIII!"

The dub does that line much better, as I'd seen that clip before. I'm watching it subbed though, and it's not as strong. Still, I prefer sub over dub. Because then I don't have to worry about name-changes, like Devil Gundam to Dark Gundam.

Just watch Heidi: Girls of the Alps. What can be more calming then the Alps?

Didn't you read my Gintama impressions? After the Heidi reference in that lawyer episode I said I can't watch it, too terrifying.

Oh.... really? Alright.

Have you seen Hyouka, Kanon 2006 or Gurren Lagann?

I am on episode 16 of Hyouka and I think it's pretty enjoyable although I will acknowledge that it's probably not for everyone.

Already did Hyouka, love it.

Kanon not 2002 and not 2006...hopefully never. ~uguu

TTGL BEST ANIME EVER*

*Others may apply too, like Ojamajo Doremi, etc. =p

You know after still watching Gintama I lack the motivation to watch other anime, I really don't know why that is. It's probably because I'm so immersed in the series and think that other Anime's not all, lack what Gintama has.

You want him to watch Gurren Lagann to CALM his heart?

You make a good point....

As much as I like Kanon 2006 I dunno if I'd categorize it as a calming anime :p

Nah it's totally calming until it's crushing ending.

Already did Hyouka, love it.

Kanon not 2002 and not 2006...hopefully never. ~uguu

TTGL BEST ANIME EVER*

*Others may apply too, like Ojamajo Doremi, etc. =p

You have good taste sir! But you should give Kanon a try if you liked Clannad or After Story.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know after still watching Gintama I lack the motivation to watch other anime, I really don't know why that is. It's probably because I'm so immersed in the series and think that other Anime's not all, lack what Gintama has.

Its because its the pinnacle of the medium, nothing will ever top it so why watch anything else?

G Gundam - 11

I cannot think of a more terrifying disease to have than one that causes the freaking devil to possess your body and slowly turn yourself into a Terminator. Like, DAMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom