• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Fuck idols, man.

q5Yw5n1.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers Episode 9:

Ah, there we are, there is the severe dip in quality I was warned about once upon a time. Yea, this mini-arc was a bunch forced angst and time wasting and I didn't like it at all. It isn't helping that a sense of forward momentum has stall somewhat. The main plot is still going, but it is pretty obvious any sort of urgency has been drained away since there are twice as many episodes this season.

Dynedom

Realtalk

Final Puchidol Ranking:

1) Yukipo
2) Makocchi
3) Miurasan
4) Yayo
5) Chihya
6) Chibiki
7) Takanya
8) Afu
9) Piyopiyo
10) Io
11) Koami+Komami
12) Chicchan
13) Harukasan

/XX/

phaze

^
KuGsj.gif

Kyousougiga 4

She needs them anger management lessons.

Another, if less hectic, character building episode. I suppose with Kurama and Yase done, Yakushimaru is next in line.

Got addicted to the OP, had it on repeat for 3 hours.

Defuser

Fuck idols, man.

Welcome to the future. The Idol anime genre is a mega lucrative business. Individual character CDs, movies, concerts, games will sell gangbusters. Bandai/Aniplex and Sunrise already swimming in cash. Won't be long till KyoAni or whoever will be will want the pie too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Welcome to the future. The Idol anime genre is a mega lucrative business. Individual character CDs, movies, concerts, games will sell gangbusters. Bandai/Aniplex and Sunrise already swimming in cash. Won't be long till KyoAni or whoever will be will want the pie too.

To be fair you don't really need to be an idol show for that and KyoAni is a good example of this seeing as most of their shows have had all that.

The big advantage the idol "genre" has is that one can easily expand the cast with no explanation whatsoever. Look at Cinderella Girls and the Love Live mobile app.

TheRancor

The HDTV rip also had the red/pink tint, maybe it wasn't suppose to be there.

The screencaps seem really focus on Chihiro and Haku. lol

Seems to be a great transfer as expected and we finally get raw unfiltered Michiyo Yasuda color design so that's a good thing.

fertygo

You guys need Jesus.. I mean Idols.

Btw this ain't easy business yo, Love Live need the engine running for about 5 year before reaching this state, same with IM@S, mofos that think they can easily made money with new one can lie dow the pipe dream.

chaika 2

ehhhhh.... not feeling the story progression. Surely there will be twists 'dad wasn't really a bad guy?' but im feeling warning signs...

and chaika's speech impediment does nothing for me. I know its probably not the case, but it just makes me think of human traffic prostitutes that can barely speak the native tongue of w/e, dressed in fetish wear of sorts.

I have no clue why im feeling so down from this lol.

On the plus side, I did catch up on like the last 6 eps of jojo. Really good stuff. It feels like the animation quality is consistently good vs the last season or so. Jotaro is a great silent protag, his gramps still got it too.

Jarmel

Banned
Doesn't work like this. If Kadokawa doesn't want to license it out (it's not had anything released internationally outside of Taiwan to my knowledge), they won't. Sadly the world does not revolve around the tiny sums of money the English licensors pay.

I was being sarcastic. Let's assume that the cost of Hyouka is on the low end, around 300k, that would be very hard to do a kickstarter for even that amount.

Looking forward to more beautiful things if true.

Edit: lol chariot is gonna keep using that every time I complain about cute and perverted stuff. Guess he'll be using it a lot then. Cause I'm such a badass.

#rowrowfightthepowah

Quasar

Doesn't work like this. If Kadokawa doesn't want to license it out (it's not had anything released internationally outside of Taiwan to my knowledge), they won't. Sadly the world does not revolve around the tiny sums of money the English licensors pay.

It doesn't make any sense to me really. I mean if a licensee is willing to pay, I'm not sure why they'd sit on a title instead. The only concern would be reverse importing where they'd get less per disc sold.

Its not like licensees are willing to pay more if they wait.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
NGNL sales is quite good. Here hoping for 2nd season!

Eh, not so sure abut idol anime. I like IM@S and kinda enjoy love live, but the future filled with anime idol? Nope.

If you're liking it this much now.

Lord.

I'd love to hear what you think of the next episode (it's a personal favorite)

I think I'm the only one here who thought Yamato 2199 was above average at best, awesome production quality, great OST/music, pretty good characters but the Villains were just horrid, Garmillians they were called?

The main villain (forgot his name) was characterized in the earlier episodes as one of the classier type villains who lets the heroes do their own thing because whatever they will be futile and by the end he didn't live up to any of that.

I didn't watch teh original btw, maybe that's why?

Pooya

Kanata movie?! This is your chance to make your idol debut kyoani.

so is this how kyoani decides what to make these days?

very successful 10k+ per volume -> 2nd season like free, chuu2
middling 5k or so per volume -> movie? though tamako was way lower.

Doesn't it make more sense for successful ones to get a movie instead? ...

There an anime adaptation of Barakamon.......holy shit yes!!

Also P4GA animation looks quite good after re-watching the trailer.

When can we move over to Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom