• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
La corda d'oro -Blue Sky- Episode 9

Team Girl Power gave good lines
but ultimately embodying such demonic traits set them up for failure before a single instrument was played. Terrible performance

Looking forward to Sei in the future.

cnet128

Banned
Mehkaku City Actors 08

Could the songs be any more literal in this?

Well, considering the songs originally were the story...

Pfft. Yui is best K-On and Honoka is best Love Live.

Yui is great but nobody beats Ritsu.

And Honoka is great but nobody beats Nico.

I don't watch/play Love Live, but I know the redhead is the best girl.

Maki is the most overrated Love Live girl.

Seikoku no Dragonar 9

Those were some very lewd tentacles. And the "I'll take care of your body" moment between Ash and Eco was really sweet (even if he failed miserably at actually doing so XD). And the aerobatics at the end were actually pretty damn cool.

Nevertheless, the episode was overall boring as usual.

Thoraxes

Nico is the worst.

Azusa is ok.

gh7TpoI.gif

Jojo 1-5

Is it just me or does the pacing feel REALLY off. I liked the 1st 3 episodes of Stardust Crusaders a lot more than what I've watched so far.

Soma

Which one is the busty pig-tailed onee-san character that I keep seeing posted on twitter?

I like her. If she wore glasses she'd be 10/10

Mature

The End of Evangelion.

No Misato, he's 14, 14.

Yeah that scene was kind of fucked. And completely random. It actually came out of no where.

But thats one of the most tame scenes in that movie. That ending...
To me, that scene was never Misato expressing a romantic gesture towards Shinji because she felt that way towards him, but sort of a "Alright slugger, go out there and save the world for me" in a bit of a fake act out of desperation. It's fleeting and awkward and it betrays what Misato is actually feeling in that moment, which is a whole lot of pain (from just being shot amongst other things).
Jojo 1-5

Is it just me or does the pacing feel REALLY off. I liked the 1st 3 episodes of Stardust Crusaders a lot more than what I've watched so far.
In what way does it feel off? Hasty? I think the pace is the best part of Part 1.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
オール・ユー・ニード・イズ・キル
This is good. Other than the lackluster ending, everything is great. The action, the humor, the drama. So damn goooood!
Definitely one of the good LN adaptation
It's Edge of Tomorrow aka All you need is kill

Maki is the best girl in Love Live.

Love Live! School Idol Project - 08

Whoo full group finally! Again not really caring for the drama in this show, and since this was a drama-heavy episode I can only give it an okay overall rating.

So far I've still only able to have Umi and Maki up as best girls for I only have heard their voices specifically while the rest of the cast is always singing in unison. As for the song itself it was enjoyable enough to detract of the 99.9% of CGI dancing, just enough though, wasn't as good as previous songs I considered 'enjoyable'.

Nothing explains Melody of Oblivion.
Well i was certain i could understand it ...

And then the last episode happenned.

It was so baaaaaad. I can think of very few shows that I would point to as genuinely trying too hard to be cool, but Melody of Oblivion is that show. It wanted to be cool so bad but it couldn't. It fumbled like, every last step a good Shonen needs to be good.
It's just too bad you couldn't last untill the end... i really wanted to see your impressions of the ending. I normally should hate melody of oblivion too , but after seeing that last ep i just can't hate it...
The last episode is just so ... so ..... "unique" while being cliché it's a weird mix.
it's the unique occurance of a cliché twist you could have seen miles away done the most surprisingly.

Almost as if someone tried to slap me , but with a cushion....such a unique feelign.

This gif .., priceless ..who was the original author again ?

cnet128

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 8

Things seem to be very much coming together, even if the fundamental question of "why the fuck is any of this happening" remains. Hibiya could stand to be a liiiiiittle more cooperative.

Midonin

Kamisama Kazoku 08-10

gJCOaTm.png

The joke writes itself.

The conclusion of the Ai/Lulu story arc was on the melodramatic side, but what was more surprising was the ending. Their father, who art in heaven, lazy be his name, effectively reset time back to episode 5 because Samataro let his identity slip. That's a lenient god/dad. When the supernatural trappings of the show are removed, it's really more about a family trying to get two kids to be honest with each other and admit that there's love there. That's like 200% more romance than I was expecting from a show that had family in the title. Hooking up Ai and Shinichi after the time reset was an interesting development - how often does the best friend of the main character get lucky in love before he does? - but the show also reset it almost as soon as it happened.

Syrinx

Non Non Biyori 1

This was pretty nice. I like the scenery.

Kinda hard to determine Renge's facial expression. And why she keeps playing that recorder.

As for Hotaru, I don't know what kinda job her dad could get that would require him moving from Tokyo to somewhere so isolated. And yes, it is the country. If you have dirt roads, you're automatically the country.

Feel kinda bad for the one guy there.

Love Live! School Idol Project - 09

Kotori wasn't the one I wanted to hear sing solo.... well atleast I've heard another idol sing solo, I guess.

And woah a song without CGI dancing?! Granted there was no dancing shown, but still that's a first. Unfortunately the song didn't really stand out and was generally weak (probably because Kotori was the main singer).

Starting to hit that point where I'm getting bored and semi-forcing myself to finish the show. The only hook for me in continuing as of now is the upcoming Love Live concert.

Link Man

Banned
Captain Earth 8

!!! :SDBURTON ALERT !!!

Well, that was the most leisurely chase scene I've witnessed.

Damn that's brutal!

So much toadface today. :|

Oh yay, we're re-using the railgun launch sequence.

I...I think I'm done with this series.

Mahouka - 09

Some of those things sounded much more cooler in the books ( didn't they tone down miyuki freezing anger too ? ) but at least they made mikihiko water spirit practice more intresting to watch to compensate.
Overall nice episode , even if we have yet again more stuff before the competition begins and everyone can enjoy itself

Why the fuck does she cling to him like that? That'd be obnoxious even if it wasn't incest.

She has a perfectly valid reason to do so , believe it or not but that's not going to be explained this season...

cnet128

Banned
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 9

The Miyuki gazes of blissful adoration were exceptionally strong this episode.

lol @ Mayumi expecting Tatsuya to show any kind of emotion. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Admiral tag was "???" untill i read the link and laughed...

Well deserved.

--------------------
The world is still beautifull - 08
Time to add someone else to the long shot in the opening.

Still that was the BEST use of "tender rain" so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom