• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was amazing up until the tournament arc. Then went full retard in a bad way with the demon stuff. HxH was great too then the pacing of the chimera ant arc happened but it was almost made up for thanks to Gon. Gon. GOOOOOOOOOOON.

Yep, you and I are friends. Agreed on all counts of all that. It's like...
"remember all the times in the previous arcs when we were like 'I can't believe Yusuke can do this even though he's human!'? JUST KIDDING!"

Sailor Moon 16

hCLTWZu.jpg

Everybody goes crazy because of weddings in this episode. And there's no Tuxedo Mask either (except for an appearance in Usagis dreams).

Dresden

will watch when i get back to civilization:

Terror (believe)
ald.noah (believe)
Tokyo Ghouls (action)
Akame (lol)
Survival Game Club (plz be another Love Lab)
Hanayamata (i like the director and reiko yoshida)

fertygo

Sengoku Basara (rewatch) - 10

Man on this rewatch I just realize the writing is damn good, they doing pretty well for characterizing all major character.. I feel for all major character, the supporting character given nice role to support them, and I love to hate the villains.

Perfect game adaptation for the one that basically had no plot.

will watch when i get back to civilization:

Terror (believe)
ald.noah (believe)
Tokyo Ghouls (action)
Akame (lol)
Survival Game Club (plz be another Love Lab)
Hanayamata (i like the director and reiko yoshida)

In what sense do you mean? Also agreed regarding the director of Hanayamata. And holy shit I didn't know Reiko Yoshida was on it as well. Hopefully it'll be as relaxing as Aria, then.

In what sense do you mean? Also agreed regarding the director of Hanayamata. And holy shit I didn't know Reiko Yoshida was on it as well. Hopefully it'll be as relaxing as Aria, then.

It has the same directory and writer as Love Lab I think, and many people here liked Love Lab.

Well, you've got me half figured out. Slice of life is my bread and butter. You should see my top 5 on MAL. Aria, K-On, Hidamari Sketch,
then suddenly Kino's Journey, and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
. Slice of life is relaxing and makes shit days better.

But I rarely if ever talk shit about anything unless it made me rage irl. Like Black Bullet.
You're alright. And yes, Akari is very moe.

Enjoy your stay!

cereal_killerxx

I think next season I'm gonna keep my list of anime short. No more than 4 shows. SAO II, Glasslip, and Zankyou no Terror look good. Not sure what to put in the 4th spot yet.

Well, you've got me half figured out. Slice of life is my bread and butter. You should see my top 5 on MAL. Aria, K-On, Hidamari Sketch,
then suddenly Kino's Journey, and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
. Slice of life is relaxing and makes shit days better.

But I rarely if ever talk shit about anything unless it made me rage irl. Like Black Bullet.
Your top 5 is practically mine so you're already cool.

Tonari no Seki-kun 10-11

These two episodes were better than the others. Much funnier when other people get involved in the antics either by misreading the situation or getting angry at both Seki and Yokoi.

Midonin

Black Bullet 13 + Final Thoughts

A show with this much bugs, guns and blood normally would not have appealed to me, and while the writing, I can acknowledge its heavy-handedness, I can't fault it for the message it was trying to say. One of tolerance, acceptance and generally, a left-leaning one. It was couched in metaphors and bug guts and monoliths, but the message was there. And I may also be slightly biased because of the April Fool's joke where it turned into the Tenchu Girls website. Servant x Service did a similar trick, so the lesson to be learned here is to pretend you're a magical girl show and I'll pay attention. The show ending with
Kisara's somewhat hollow revenge via amputation and face cutting
was not the most positive note to end the show on, but this wasn't the happiest of shows. Still happier than M3, though. Enju was mostly optimistic. She had friends. She had an anime that she loved. And those few moments of hope were enough.

While it's not my favorite show of the season, I enjoyed it more than I have other shows in its genre. The mix of elements makes it unique.

You're alright. And yes, Akari is very moe.

Enjoy your stay!

Your top 5 is practically mine so you're already cool.

Thanks.

Tonari no Seki-kun 10-11

These two episodes were better than the others. Much funnier when other people get involved in the antics either by misreading the situation or getting angry at both Seki and Yokoi.

Agreed. That part at the end where Goto misunderstands what Yokoi is saying about "getting caught up" in what Seki's doing and thinks they're doing perverted things in class all the time was fantastic ("GOCHISOUSAMA DESU!").

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
[thread=847454]Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation[/thread]

Guys should I watch the first season to get up to Luda-kriss Speed?

I don't know if two List shows simultaneously with SAO is the best idea... then again I am doing two List shows, what's the worst that can happen, right?

Theonik

Even the mecha will become idols. SINGING GIANT ROBOT IDOLS IN SPACE HIGH SCHOOL. You're gonna be missing out, man.

Guys, if there was ever a mecha idol show all the robots would sing high testosterone JAM project songs of rock and roll and it will be freaking awesome.

Maybe they'd sing THIS song that I've still not gotten over what it's from.

HxH was great too then the pacing of the chimera ant arc happened but it was almost made up for thanks to Gon. Gon. GOOOOOOOOOOON.

Did you watch the most recent episode? The arc's finished at last!

Now we get the Alluka arc!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Guys, what if there was a monster girls ecchi idol show? With elements of mahou shojou?

Speaking of things with blended tropes, one of my favorite little manga at the moment is a purposefully-stereotypical shonen where the main character has this comically gargantuan and ripped body that can waste anyone but the head attached too it is a whiny, mopey crybaby MC. It's fucking glorious. I seriously need more than just one chapter. It needs to live.

Theonik

Even the mecha will become idols. SINGING GIANT ROBOT IDOLS IN SPACE HIGH SCHOOL. You're gonna be missing out, man.
Kawamori had the right idea all along. He was just too ahead of his time.

Speaking of things with blended tropes, one of my favorite little manga at the moment is a purposefully-stereotypical shonen where the main character has this comically gargantuan and ripped body that can waste anyone but the head attached too it is a whiny, mopey crybaby MC. It's fucking glorious. I seriously need more than just one chapter. It needs to live.
I think I know exactly what you speak of.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just give me a Monster Musume, Centaur's Worries, and Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary anime.

Aw yes, Monster Musume will probably the most popular one and bring something new to harem genre

Centaur's worries is great, but the politic stuff is kinda weird and jarring. If it adapted, it probably going to focus on the SOL.

Dr. Hitomi... if this got an anime, it's probably going to be like Tonari no Seki, 10 minutes anime.

iavi

I just recently watched through Space Battleship YAMATO as well.

It was a pretty good series, but I never watched the original. And I can't really think of any weak episodes, it was very solid.

I've never seen the original either, which I'm glad for. Instead of comparing this back to some past work, I can just watch it all fresh and enjoy it for what it is. I'll probably watch the original after.

Yeah.... its not though, because the show released as OVA most just marathon it. the hype just been accumulated after final episode available.

I had no idea. That's cool, though. I wonder if it's because of it's release format that the show seems more polished across the board than a majority of series.

If you're liking it this much now.

Lord.

I'd love to hear what you think of the next episode (it's a personal favorite)

I'll post some comprehensive impressions in here once I'm through with the series. I haven't done than for anything in a long while in here, and there ain't a better way to start back up for a sec than with a series as good as this one.

There was like no hype in here at all. It went largely unnoticed by many and I watched it and didn't post anything in here.

Few months passed and word of mouth spread like wildfire, and suddenly everyone was watching it (most only watched after all the episodes finished though cause nobody kept up with them in here really).

Coming completely clean: It went COMPLETELY under my radar as well. I only started watching it because it won the AOTY award in here last year (Along with Firehawks massive textwall of pure unadulterated HYPE haha)

So glad I made the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom