• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I keep seeing a cutie named Chloe Lemaire from what I would assume is a VN or something. What is she from? She is ADORABLE.

Wonder if Hidamari Sketch x SP will be bundled with the third season since the Japanese BD-box was that way?

I remember it was sold separately as a DVD.
Hopefully they combine in in bluray though.

Crocodile

From what I've heard, prices have fallen a lot since then. Back in those days some anime (including big properties like Fullmetal Alchemist) could cost up to $80K per episode to license. These days most anime are way under that, with some costing $1K or below per episode to bring over.

Edit: To get an idea, here's what a handful of ADV's licenses cost: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-30/adv-court-documents-reveal-amounts-paid-for-29-anime-titles

Irrespective of its quality (my memory of the series is frankly a bit hazy but I remember it being pretty good......I think), there was no way Kurau would be a big enough seller to justify that cost relative to the other shows on that list LOL

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't blame you if you fell asleep during the ANNcast, but Anime Sols has to charge more for that new detective show nobody wants because of higher licensing fees.
I think it's different because Kindaichi is a YTV show, so they are probably getting a discount on it for the purposes of hitting their goal. I almost assume the cost of the show is zero at the moment, since they are just embedding Crunchyroll anyway.

Soma

I've been slowly watching through Space Battleship Yamamoto. Up to episode 17 now, and all I can say is

If you're liking it this much now.

Lord.

I'd love to hear what you think of the next episode (it's a personal favorite)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I keep seeing a cutie named Chloe Lemaire from what I would assume is a VN or something. What is she from? She is ADORABLE.

To quote KYM:

Chloé Lemaire (Japanese: クロエ・ルメール) is a fictional French girl in a Japanese online dating sim card game Girl Friend BETA (ガールフレンド(仮), Girl Friend Kakko Kari), provided by Ameba. In the beginning of 2014, she got a much attention among many Japanese internet users due to her a little bit strange self-introduction in a TV advert, and unfortunately became to the subject for mockery or parody on the Japanese video sharing service Nico Nico Douga (NND).

jman2050

Free to play as a model is pretty diverse. It's not exactly morally reprehensible in a way that warrants writing off everything that falls under the F2P umbrella.

Without delving too deeply into my own views, I'll just say that I don't really agree with you and I feel strongly enough about this subject that any attempts to change my mind are very unlikely to have any effect. I am nothing if not obstinate when I feel I need to be.

Accuse me of myopia if you like. There are more than enough games now, from the past 30 years and in the years to come that I can enjoy for me to feel like I'm missing anything important.

53B250893F02E1002A

Kyoukai no Kanata movie coming out Spring 2015.

Keep peddling those failed LN advertisements.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I could, but stuff like this just makes me think they're a scam.
If you don't play the game I don't even know how you would be able to really understand why these numbers are the way they are, or what they mean. There's nothing insidious going on.
Kyoukai no Kanata movie coming out Spring 2015.
This is like...the one time I'm holding out hope that the movie is just a recap.

Thoraxes

It's other-echelon good. I haven't run into an ep that wasn't an A yet. The hype in here while this show was airing must have been fuel for the soul.

There was like no hype in here at all. It went largely unnoticed by many and I watched it and didn't post anything in here.

Few months passed and word of mouth spread like wildfire, and suddenly everyone was watching it (most only watched after all the episodes finished though cause nobody kept up with them in here really).

CorvoSol

Macross F 17

Hahahaha, they stole this right from Macross 1. Right down to the goddamn pineapple cake. Hahahaha.

FUCK PANCAKES WITH RUSTY KNIVES

Branduil

If you don't play the game I don't even know how you would be able to really understand why these numbers are the way they are, or what they mean. There's nothing insidious going on.

I don't know those terms, but having zero chance for a comeback after a certain point seems really bad.

Macross F 17

Hahahaha, they stole this right from Macross 1. Right down to the goddamn pineapple cake. Hahahaha.

FUCK PANCAKES WITH RUSTY KNIVES

ge6c0IL.png

---------------------------------------------------------

Akagi 13

The majority of the episode was explaining how Akagi won the last game so naturally I had no idea what was being said.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know those terms, but having zero chance for a comeback after a certain point seems really bad.
These numbers are from a very specifically tumultuous period of time where a large number of changes were being implemented into the game at once. Parts of them worked out less well than others, but how easily a team was able to come back is something that was being tweaked at the time as well. You also have to keep in mind that one week of professional games in a very isolated environment doesn't make for a very representative sample size for the majority of the game experience.

At the same time, the entire point of these games is for teams to accumulate advantages by accomplishing things around the map. If a major piece of your base is destroyed it should be hard to come back, or the game would never end.

Theonik

I'm really hoping the show doesn't tank like the original Dominion did.
I see what you did there.

You kisamas couldn't possibly understand what "nakama" means to me.
Nooooo Anikiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Oh I realised that. And I wasn't referring to him with the impolite statement, but rather the folks that engage in that sort of behaviour that make the forum less enjoyable for some.
These people don't deserve enjoyment!

This is how I've been reading Corvo's posts btw.

jgminto

Yowamushi Pedal 38

Why ya gotta end it like that? It's just cruel. They could have at least finished the second day before the break.

CorvoSol

Macross F 19

So guys, wanna know how to make Lynn Kaifun an even worse character than before?

MAKE HIM A WHITE HAIRED PRETTY BOY ACE PILOT.

Not even mad, Kawamori.

jman2050

Macross F 19

So guys, wanna know how to make Lynn Kaifun an even worse character than before?

MAKE HIM A WHITE HAIRED PRETTY BOY ACE PILOT.

Not even mad, Kawamori.

You see? It's perfect.

He even has the occasional shrieking yelling conveniently capitalized for us.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ranma 1/2 1

It is at this time that I shamefully admit that I've never watched this show.
Once you get a few seasons in and a certain character is dragging the whole show down and the formula is getting stale, be sure to switch to Urusei Yatsura, the superior Rumiko takahashi show~

The first season or two of Ranma is very fun though

MikeMyers

Once you get a few seasons in and a certain character is dragging the whole show down and the formula is getting stale, be sure to switch to Urusei Yatsura, the superior Rumiko takahashi show~

The first season or two of Ranma is very fun though

After the second season I just started skipping episodes and watching the ones where the plot seemed interesting.

TUSR

Banned
Back on topic, I ended up ordering both Blu-Ray sets of Ranma 1/2.

Does anyone know if there are more coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom