• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Kanata movie?! This is your chance to make your idol debut kyoani.

so is this how kyoani decides what to make these days?

very successful 10k+ per volume -> 2nd season like free, chuu2
middling 5k or so per volume -> movie? though tamako was way lower.

Doesn't it make more sense for successful ones to get a movie instead? ...

2nd season first before making the movie (if its still a hit)
That's how you milk breh

Movie for the bombas maybe for the idea that they can't spend for S2

I finally found AnimeGAF. I should click tabs besides Gaming more often. So, I'm sure this has been discussed to death in this thread already but what're you guys picking up for the summer season? Mine are as follows:

Definite
Akame ga Kill!
Barakamon
Glasslip
Hanayamata
Jinsei
Persona 4 Golden
Hamatora
Sabagebu
SAOII
Tokyo ESP
Zankyou no Terror

Maybe
Tokyo Ghoul
Rail Wars!

I ended up with way more than I thought I would. And I also generally have more Maybes. This still won't hold a candle to how stupid fucking amazing Fall is shaping up to be, though.

How could anyone have tokyo ghoul in a maybe I hate you. It looks like that, the watanabe terrorist show and space dandy will be the three shows to watch. And SAO2 for kirito kun.

How could anyone have tokyo ghoul in a maybe I hate you. It looks like that, the watanabe terrorist show and space dandy will be the three shows to watch. And SAO2 for kirito kun.

Hello for the first time outside the Destiny Withdrawal thread. It's a maybe because I'm not a huge fan of depressing stuff, and I've read a bit of the manga.

You might say "THEN WHY AKAME GA KILL". The answer is that I'm up to date on that manga and am completely desensitized.

Edit: Hanazawa Kana being in Tokyo Ghoul could easily sway me, though.

Hello for the first time outside the Destiny Withdrawal thread. It's a maybe because I'm not a huge fan of depressing stuff, and I've read a bit of the manga.

You might say "THEN WHY AKAME GA KILL". The answer is that I'm up to date on that manga and am completely desensitized.

Edit: Hanazawa Kana being in Tokyo Ghoul could easily sway me, though.
I knew I had seen that avatar somewhere. With as many moe girl avatars in this thread they all start to blend together. Welcome mate. Sit by the fire, enjoy the discussions and know that everybody else thinks your favorite anime is shit. And that's ok. Who cares what that they think.

But it is though. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

phaze

From what I've seen so far, Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah. Zero will be my picks. Will check out Terror in Tokyo for Aizen too.

I knew I had seen that avatar somewhere. With as many moe girl avatars in this thread they all start to blend together. Welcome mate. Sit by the fire, enjoy the discussions and know that everybody else thinks your favorite anime is shit. And that's ok. Who cares what that they think.

But it is though. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

You're right, I DO think LotGH is complete shit! Seriously though, that is how the internet seems to work. It's okay! I've come up with the perfect defense mechanism! I call it... never-initiate-a-conversation-about-an-anime-I-love-unless-someone-else-brings-it-up-first. That way I'm at least not alone!

And I guess Akari is pretty moe.

sonicmj1

For an industry like anime built on mining obsessive fans for all they're worth, it was only a matter of time before they took note of the idol boom that AKB48 started and integrated it into their business. For Love Live, the free-to-play model is an even more effective way of keeping "personal contact" with the idols than all those handshake events and small concerts the flesh-and-blood acts do.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Forgive me father for I have sinned. I put together a papercraft of Haruka Amami. I made an idol for myself. ;___;

fertygo

You're right, I DO think LotGH is complete shit! Seriously though, that is how the internet seems to work. It's okay! I've come up with the perfect defense mechanism! I call it... never-initiate-a-conversation-about-an-anime-I-love-unless-someone-else-brings-it-up-first. That way I'm at least not alone!

And I guess Akari is pretty moe.

We need confirmation you're not firehawk's another account.

Just kidding enjoy your stay here.. this is fun place!
Just for context's sake, this is the best-selling TV anime since Evangelion.

I doubt the 2nd disc will maintain the average, people seem buying the discounted volume for chance to score cheap concert ticket.

If he's fire hawk then he'll be talking shit about a decent show in no time, then turn around and watch some run of the mill cute girl show.

THAT's RIGHT. I'VE FIGURED YOU OUT BRO.

Majin Bone Episode 14

That new ed sounded good but just no animation yet again.

Shark going berserk suggests everyone else could or may decide to later. Good powerups assuming it leads to controlled strength. I think its the only way for everyone else to get stronger too.

If he's fire hawk then he'll be talking shit about a decent show in no time, then turn around and watch some run of the mill cute girl show.

THAT's RIGHT. I'VE FIGURED YOU OUT BRO.

Well, you've got me half figured out. Slice of life is my bread and butter. You should see my top 5 on MAL. Aria, K-On, Hidamari Sketch,
then suddenly Kino's Journey, and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
. Slice of life is relaxing and makes shit days better.

But I rarely if ever talk shit about anything unless it made me rage irl. Like Black Bullet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe in the second season of Idolmaster Xenoglossia.

I should probably finish my review for that. Though that makes it sound like I put a lot of work into it. No, I just started to write something in a text document after finishing the show and just never finished it off.

Well, you've got me half figured out. Slice of life is my bread and butter. You should see my top 5 on MAL. Aria, K-On, Hidamari Sketch,
then suddenly Kino's Journey, and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
. Slice of life is relaxing and makes shit days better.

But I rarely if ever talk shit about anything unless it made me rage irl. Like Black Bullet.

What's your MAL username then?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When is the new thread going up?

Well since today is 1st July I'd say it is a good time to start it. Probably a good time for all OTs if they're ready since shows will be starting. No point informing others that a show begins, say, Saturday, when you put up the thread the week after.

phaze

Kyousougiga 5

kyou3k7jt5.png
kyou2amjnp.png
kyou15cj2l.png

Well this took an unexpectedly somber and dark turn. Yakushimaru always seemed seemed like the most sane of the siblings but not anymore.
And he seems to be a real human too. Time has sure been kind to him. Maybe it's those magical DNA beads that show up in opening as well.

;_; Such a simple but powerful scene. All aboard the feels train. I already feel like by the end of the show, I'll have to turn in my man card again. Really great episode.

Also i'm fairly sure that Kurama spoiled that Richard Gere dog movie for me.

Narag

Well since today is 1st July I'd say it is a good time to start it. Probably a good time for all OTs if they're ready since shows will be starting. No point informing others that a show begins, say, Saturday, when you put up the thread the week after.

Think madp was planning on it today. Could be wrong

I couldn't get over Tokyo Ghoul's angst, does it get rid of that later on?
Haven't read it but people have told me that after the first arc it seems to turn into a battle manga. Which I always approve of. Plus them trailers.

I wouldn't trust madp on the ot. He couldn't eeven finish telling me what kind of show wixxos was.

Haven't read it but people have told me that after the first arc it seems to turn into a battle manga. Which I always approve of. Plus them trailers.

I wouldn't trust madp on the ot. He couldn't eeven finish telling me what kind of show wixxos was.

That's...interesting. And also it seems you and I will get along after all. As long as...

What're your thoughts on Yu Yu Hakusho?

That's...interesting. And also it seems you and I will get along after all. As long as...

What're your thoughts on Yu Yu Hakusho?
It was amazing up until the tournament arc. Then went full retard in a bad way with the demon stuff. HxH was great too then the pacing of the chimera ant arc happened but it was almost made up for thanks to Gon. Gon. GOOOOOOOOOOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom