• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

[thread=847454]Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation[/thread]

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

sonicmj1

I'd started it long before, and now it's time to get back to the

DATABASE DATABASE
S2ayyx5.gif

Log Horizon 2-3

Things are still very exposition-heavy, but I like the writing here a lot, even moreso than in Maoyuu. Since the world of the show is finding its equilibrium after everybody's suddenly dropped inside it, plenty of interesting stuff is going on. And I feel like we tend to get just as much as we need at any time, and not more. Individual moves sometimes feel a little overexplained, but I like how the monster summoning whistles are introduced by referencing some apparently difficult raid where they're acquired.

The way PKers have been represented so far also shows a pretty keen understanding of how MMO/online communities actually operate. People are acting out because they're bored living in a world where you can only adventure, and the lack of real consequences makes it easy to rationalize. But people can't log out and do something else, so it creates a very different dynamic where low-level players really need to be protected. It's like the "good old days" of Ultima Online.

Episode 2 seemed to establish a theme for the show beyond the "trapped in a game" premise: In a world where it's easy for people to get by in life, how do they find a purpose for living? It feels like Shiroe's decided he wants to dedicate himself to building a stable, safe society inside Elder Tale, and I look forward to seeing how he does it.

That thorn trap spell is absurd if it binds movement as well as buffs damage.

DTL is testing the waters for us. What a scientific trooper. He's seeing how far avatars can go. I mean we already had the guy with the really perverted jibril face now this.

I'd started it long before, and now it's time to get back to the

DATABASE DATABASE
S2ayyx5.gif

Log Horizon 2-3

Things are still very exposition-heavy, but I like the writing here a lot, even moreso than in Maoyuu. Since the world of the show is finding its equilibrium after everybody's suddenly dropped inside it, plenty of interesting stuff is going on. And I feel like we tend to get just as much as we need at any time, and not more. Individual moves sometimes feel a little overexplained, but I like how the monster summoning whistles are introduced by referencing some apparently difficult raid where they're acquired.

The way PKers have been represented so far also shows a pretty keen understanding of how MMO/online communities actually operate. People are acting out because they're bored living in a world where you can only adventure, and the lack of real consequences makes it easy to rationalize. But people can't log out and do something else, so it creates a very different dynamic where low-level players really need to be protected. It's like the "good old days" of Ultima Online.

Episode 2 seemed to establish a theme for the show beyond the "trapped in a game" premise: In a world where it's easy for people to get by in life, how do they find a purpose for living? It feels like Shiroe's decided he wants to dedicate himself to building a stable, safe society inside Elder Tale, and I look forward to seeing how he does it.

That thorn trap spell is absurd if it binds movement as well as buffs damage.

Yay, keep us posted. I love Log Horizon's world/lore/mechanics. Yeah, Thorn Bind Hostage is pretty crazy strong. Also never seen that gif before. Saved.

DTL is testing the waters for us. What a scientific trooper. He's seeing how far avatars can go. I mean we already had the guy with the really perverted jibril face now this.

Oh god, the way Tamura Yukari says "master". HNNNNNG.

I agree but I don't think it's something that most people read once the thread is around 4-5 pages or so deep.

If the starting point is bad , you goes nowhere , Just look at what became of tha mahouka OT

It's good to poke fun at a franchise , but when you do it too much , you only gather one kind of people in those threads.

And something tells me given what will happen in S2 that they won't have the trainwreck they all expect.

mankoto

Knights of Sidonia took way more out of me than I realized... I certainly have time to watch another 12/13 episode series, but I'm not really up to it.

Hattori

Banned
Happy Birthday Hattori.

Congrats Hattori!

Happy undeathday Hattori

Happy Birthday, Hattori!

The season starts tomorrow and I still don't know what to watch.

Congrats on completing another leg on the long hike to death!

Happy birthday Hattori

Happy birthday Hattori!

Hatty birthday happori.

tumblr_n4226jIdee1sq9yswo1_500.gif

fertygo

If the starting point is bad , you goes nowhere , Just look at what became of tha mahouka OT

It's good to poke fun at a franchise , but when you do it too much , you only gather one kind of people in those threads.

And something tells me given what will happen in S2 that they won't have the trainwreck they all expect.

I despite Mahouka OT's, but that BGBW's OP is great and not necessarily ill spirited.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have a pleasant birthday Hattori.

The avatar waters have been tested many times before. Funnily enough some consider just having an anime avatar as pushing it too far.

Narag

The avatar waters have been tested many times before. Funnily enough some consider just having an anime avatar as pushing it too far.

Speaking of avatars, you should have provided avatar versions of the awesome ports in your SAO II thread. lol

I think I understand your point. I just try to ignore that kind of hyperbole when possible. If it comes to the worst you can always post your episode impressions here and leave the SAO OT for them even though that's less than ideal.

I like playing the Spot-Which-GAFfer's-Avatar-is-a-Cropped-Image-from-Hentai-Doujinshi game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

To defend myself on the matter, I followed the layout of previous anime OPs and made sure to include all necessary information. I made it fun but kept it straight. It is the second series so the thread will automatically attract those familiar with the show already so they likely have formed an opinion about SAO without reading the OP. Any cheeky digs I've made require knowledge of the show anyway so they'll likely go over the head of most new comers. Also most of the information is written in a positive way.

Also those who stick to the OT likely will be fans of the show. The previous SAO had a jokey OP and that didn't stop it being a place to discuss the show outside of this thread.

Speaking of avatars, you should have provided avatar versions of the awesome ports in your SAO II thread. lol
If people have a request I could provide them.

Happy Birthday, Hattori!

I feel like it's a bad thing that I know which ones are.

I don't! It's a fun conversation starter. I have fond memories of telling a fellow gaffer that a Yui avatar he was curious about in one of the K-On! OTs was from a Yui x Azusa futanari doujinshi.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Happy Birthday Hattori!

To defend myself on the matter, I followed the layout of previous anime OPs and made sure to include all necessary information. I made it fun but kept it straight. It is the second series so the thread will automatically attract those familiar with the show already so they likely have formed an opinion about SAO without reading the OP. Any cheeky digs I've made require knowledge of the show anyway so they'll likely go over the head of most new comers. Also most of the information is written in a positive way.

Also those who stick to the OT likely will be fans of the show. The previous SAO had a jokey OP and that didn't stop it being a place to discuss the show outside of this thread.
Recap podcast when?! lol

Hunter x Hunter 136

Basically a setup episode for the next arc, wrapup episode for the last one.

I can't wait to see how people react to these developments.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, ANIMATED PARISTON NEXT EPISODE FINALLY

Hunter x Hunter 136

Basically a setup episode for the next arc, wrapup episode for the last one.

I can't wait to see how people react to these developments.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, ANIMATED PARISTON NEXT EPISODE FINALLY

SWEET, I GET SEE THAT FACE I WANT TO PUNCH IN FULL COLOR AND MOTION.

I'm looking forward to
Hisoka being back in this arc

Baccano! - 8

I dunno about this episode title. Isaac and Miria clearly seemed intent on making Eve, Jaccuzi, and Ennis happy in this episode. You gotta love how seriously they make their exits, lol.

Just show that the Rail Tracer is Dallas already! I mean, he's involved with the immortality elixir business, taking an incomplete version for that matter in 1930. The Pussywagon incident happened in 1931, and nobody seems to know where this guy is in 1932.

The Rail Tracer is devouring people. It HAS to be Dallas.

Man, I can only imagine how many theories were being swapped around when this show was airing for those who didn't read the LN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom