• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Isn't The Office really the only show that actually tried to write in the mockumentary thing into the fiction of the show? Aka, dudes making the most boring documentary in the history of documentaries. lol

I'm not really after the metafictionality of the documentary so much as I am in the documentary-style presentation to the viewer

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FTFY

Asami Imai/765 Pro > Hokago Tea Time > Muse > Miku. (Wake Up Club where???)

VgTNCAE.gif

cajunator

Banned
No more work for you... ;_____;

I think she will have more work. Shes such a cutie. But even if she doesnt, she has a very extensive legacy already. I would miss her contributions greatly. Otaku obsessions really go overboard.

Current series ranking:

Best of the season:
Captain Earth
Haikyuu!!

Great:
Mushishi
Gochiusa

Pretty Good:
Love Live
Chaika
Baby Steps

Good:
Nanana
Ping Pong
Jojo
NGNL
One Week Friends

Seriously, what the hell am I watching:
Mekaku City Actors

Basically shows that this is a pretty good season overall.
(and you ave good tastes)

--Insert here photo of Togashi playing Dragon Quest in a dirty basement... --

edit: first result in Google
yoshihiro-togashi-dragon-quest.jpg

I cant believe anyone allows their living environment to get like this.
I would have to guess depression/laziness factors into it.

Took a sec to track it down, but here it is. There's five Ping Pong designs up for vote, nine for Dragonar, a whopping 20 for SEN (though some of those are just color variations, including one Watchmen parody) -- but of course what really matters most is the Date a Live shirts. One for the key visual, one with just the logo, and then "Team _____" shirts for six of the girls: Tohka (currently the leader at 115 likes), Kurumi (56), Yoshinon (30), Yuzuru (24), Kaguya (19), and Miku (15).

Only the top three for each series make it in, and the other two DAL shirts have at least 90 votes each, so it looks like AHB has some campaigning to do.

I voted for Kurumi of course. The other stuff dont matter much.

Eureka Seven AO Rewatch

Fuck this show. Still a dumb show even now. I rewatched it because I thought it would make it better but nope. I don't know why I even thought this was the case. I'm dumb. dumb dumb dumb.

Just stay away from any show with "AO" in the title somewhere. (SAO, E7AO)

No matter how many times I refresh that page, it still shows Tohka and even the plain DAL2 logo ahead of Kurumi. I don't get it. What am I missing here? That obviously can't be how people have voted. Maybe Funimation have already decided on the designs and the poll is just a sham to raise awareness. Maybe some deranged Tohka fan's made 100 accounts to spam likes for her. Or maybe e̴̩̮̜̖v͉̭ḙ̠̹̝ͅr͕̜̕ͅy̻o͉͖̬̠̮͈͇n̶͖̬̝é̱̗̳ ̗̼sh̝͓̤̬o̞u̩͖̪͚l̼̪͜d̶̟̬͍̙͕ ̡͇j̝͓̳̝̯̕us̠̯͇̩t͔̦͓ͅ ̟͇̜̫̰͓d̺̭̝̼͓͚̪͘i͓̱̱̬͇̝̠e̯̯̯̠̬ͅ

[rationalisation] Well, if they're using her key visual art for the shirt I can't say I'm that enthused about it anyway. The only characters who looked particularly good in that were the Yamais. Plus I already have a shirt I really like of her. [/rationalisation]

You are so cute with your Kurumi craze. I fully understand it though.
I think shes maybe intimidating to some otaku though. They dont want a girl who wont willfully serve them like Tohka would.

akb495.png

only the finest of blushes need apply

Nothing tops Shaft's blush technology. they should patent it.

Brynhildlldllrlrllr 10

This show deserves a spot in the list, alongside Another if that's not there. It's the so bad it's good writing. It wants to be grimdark, but then they all go to the beach and have boob adventures. And what the fuck was with that Indirect Kiss song?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOD. Onii-sama isn't the only happiness I get per week.

I really need to check this out. black Bullet first though.

Love Live (S2) episode 10

Maki being embrassed about wearing a yukata was cute.

14191559769_29bbc49969_z.jpg

Eli's sister really has thing for Umi. She has the potential to become a hardcore yandere soon.

14191575988_96438f9d6f_z.jpg

Maki <3
Still not Nico Nico who is the best little grumpy adorable girl.

You'll end up shipped with one side or the other and will just have to live with that.

Ive been shipped on both sides of the coin!

I'd rather live as a monster girl.

I would be a pretty cute harpy.

Monogatari 2nd Season Nekomonogatari Shiro arc 1-2

As always, it's good to look at, animation is <3. Unlike the previous series I went in understanding that it's mostly gonna be dialogue, I was not disappointed. So far it's all good and not boring (yet). The shower scene... lmfao. I didn't actually dislike it despite the fanservice. (Nothing can be as bad as the toothbrush scene, worst scene in anime history prolly.) Is good seeing Senjougahara back, when did she get short hair though?

cajunator

Banned
Seikoku no dragonar - 10

The royal familly need a serious reminder to actually do something until the end once you take a decision.

The scene with the hand holding was great and most of the episode was quite alright

Eco + ash blake situation seems to be eventfull , so it's alright

The question remains :
-A maid with only underwear
-A maid without underwear

I ....can't choose .

Thankfully this episode provided both.

Thats quite an interesting choice. What kind of show is this?

The world is still beautifull - 09

I guess we need one evil looking dude that will do something evil and stupid , only to be won by the couple later.

Nike-hime sisters are marvelous...this is all.

I love Nike. Shes a great character in a mediocre series. I wish it was better. She deserves better.

Howl's Moving Castle

By far the weakest of the three Miyazaki films I've seen so far. The plot was pretty... bad? Like there's this horrific war that forms the back drop for what's going on but then it's handled really poorly (especially in the end).

Also, is there any news of a US blu-ray release of Mononoke? Are there licensing problems or something?

Howl's was continues from some other director so it never had the strength of vision that other Miyazaki movies have. Im not overly fond of it myself, though its better than a lot of other things.

Been watching Gundam Break Fighters and it's rad! Makes me want to buy Gundam models for the first time since I was a kid(which seems like the show's real purpose :lol).

What episode are you at? I need to continue on episode 13. Things were getting awesome.

As say this as someone who still watches Glee, but I find Love Live to be pretty decent for what it is. A bunch of loveable losers getting together and through the power of friendship and dreams and other generic positive traits, they both save their school and then move on to become national champions. It doesn't try to overstretch itself and fall flat like Tari Tari with the bulimia/dead mother storyline, and it doesn't try to have greater character ambitions like K-On. It's... well, like im@s - a show that is efficient and executed well.

Heck, I'm even okay with this:
kqdI4Vul.jpg

As fanservice, it could be much, much worse. lol

Maybe it's Stockholm, but I like the songs now. Aishteru Bonzai is my summer jam.

Its passable but even AKB0048 has more enjoyable music/dances and the writer of that is certifiable.

HTT took a huge dive once Yui started singing lyrics. Chipmunk voice songs in s2 were fucking horrendous.

Oh god dont remind me ._.
Just let Mio sing.

i think it's unquestionable that LL's dance numbers should be regarded as either an insult or some kind of intent to wound

After watching a few videos Im inclined to agree. Love Live has cuties, but the production values of the songs and animation are woeful by comparison. Idolmaster and K-on do it best. On a level completely above all others.

i really can't deal with anything vocaloid, miku or luka or not

always picture a terminator on the other end emitting these falsetto moe-moe sing songs

I really love how Miss Monochrome sounds, but thats a well known seiyuu with a vocoder or something.

See now you got me curious, just one quick trip to D-A and oh look that didn't take long.

LOL. Its always amusing that no matter how outlandish an idea is, its likely that someone else has come up with it too.

The difference between British and American quality.

I have to say, British documentaries are the finest on television.

Miki sucks!

Yes of course she is the absolute worst.

She died before Sawashiro though! No new roles in the last few years!

Shut your mouth :mad:

Thank god! I am so relieved.

J.C. Staff managed to give me an PTSD for her voice on characters who delude themselves. I have to hold myself in my seat to not run out of my house and seek kittens to punch.i don't like documentary style in general. I hate it when US shows do that.
Don't go near dengeki buto fighting climax , for your own safety !
i really can't deal with anything vocaloid, miku or luka or not

always picture a terminator on the other end emitting these falsetto moe-moe sing songs
As a Vocaloid Miku fan, That is sad to hear . BUt rest assured , this aspect is also told in numerous song, how the fact that they might be fake , but their passion comes from those who made the songs and the people who listen to them

Thats quite an interesting choice. What kind of show is this?
Seikoku no dragonar , it's got some cuties , including a loli dragon girl and a kinda loli elf girl ..it's a perverted show and you should check the uncensored version if available. But it's fun ...the dragon girl , named "eco" got Cnet seal of approval and mine ..but overall all the girls in the show and fun enough to get me watching.

I love Nike. Shes a great character in a mediocre series. I wish it was better. She deserves better.
I still think that the serie is not that bad...the characters actually evolved and the interraction between livius & nike are actually moving in the right direction considering how bad things were between them at first .. that's one thing the serie does well and that's what i'm loving right now.

cajunator

Banned
Don't go near dengeki buto fighting climax , for your own safety !

As a Vocaloid Miku fan, That is sad to hear . BUt rest assured , this aspect is also told in numerous song, how the fact that they might be fake , but their passion comes from those who made the songs and the people who listen to them

Seikoku no dragonar , it's got some cuties , including a loli dragon girl and a kinda loli elf girl ..it's a perverted show and you should check the uncensored version if available. But it's fun ...the dragon girl , named "eco" got Cnet seal of approval and mine ..but overall all the girls in the show and fun enough to get me watching.

I still think that the serie is not that bad...the characters actually evolved and the interraction between livius & nike are actually moving in the right direction considering how bad things were between them at first .. that's one thing the serie does well and that's what i'm loving right now.

yeah I saw the loli dragon. she was a cutie!

vol301tlzec.jpg
vol302lmyx8.jpg

Details for the third BR/DVD volume of Date A Live 2 are up. I sure hope you like Miku. Among other things, it'll include around 7 minutes of unaired scenes, including some song or other.

Thinking about it, vol 4 will probably Kurumi themed, leaving Tohka mk2 for vol 5.

You are so cute with your Kurumi craze. I fully understand it though.
I think shes maybe intimidating to some otaku though. They dont want a girl who wont willfully serve them like Tohka would.
I bet some people don't even want to be eaten by her. It makes me despair for humanity.

cajunator

Banned
vol301tlzec.jpg
vol302lmyx8.jpg

Details for the third BR/DVD volume of Date A Live 2 are up. I sure hope you like Miku. Among other things, it'll include around 7 minutes of unaired scenes, including some song or other.

Thinking about it, vol 4 will probably Kurumi themed, leaving Tohka mk2 for vol 5.

I bet some people don't even want to be eaten by her. It makes me despair for humanity.

I know right? savages.

vol301tlzec.jpg
vol302lmyx8.jpg

I sure hope those un aired scenes are actually the final version of those scene that they used "stills" for , and that this will be the end of the re-used footage. it's getting worse the more we get from the end of the season but it was still an issue for me at this point.

Saint Seiya Omega (S2) 97 (Fin)

Well. It wasn't the most awful thing like some people told me it would be, but I can see why older fans would be pissed with it.
Especially when even the goddamn Steel Saints unlock a part of Omega when Seiya and company couldn't
. Also,
they needed to tell Saturn's VA to drop his voice. I couldn't take him seriously when he sounds like Subaru despite aging a good 10-20 years.

Saint Seiya (1986) 07

Having seen what Ikki's capable of in Omega, seeing him as a villain here is rather interesting. Curious that he has an entire army of Black Saints at his disposal... But I'm sure we'll find out where they came from. And Toei strikes again with their titles. The Gold Cloth was stolen, sure. But it happened in the last 2 minutes. Hardly the focus of the episode.

Gintama 25

"GINTAMA SUPPORTS DEATHNOTE."

Okay. Gintama has been pretty okay so far. But I've gotta say... this episode hit it out of the park with the Death Note parody. I laughed so hard I was nearly crying.

Gintama 25[/B]

"GINTAMA SUPPORTS DEATHNOTE."

Okay. Gintama has been pretty okay so far. But I've gotta say... this episode hit it out of the park with the Death Note parody. I laughed so hard I was nearly crying.

This is actually the moment where gintama goes from "alright/good" to "great" for many.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 9:

I could use one of those clocks for this session of E3. Anyway, so this episode is a mild curio as it is the only one to feature Ami and Usagi as a tag team and it is nifty watching the two girls bond and Ami's presence has already improved this show a thousand fold. Also of note is this is the episode where Ami gets here infamous magical 3DS made by OCP. Anyway, this episode is mostly solid aside from some parts that drag during the monster fight, talk about wasting my time, the hide and seek was unneeded. Overall this episode is recommended.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 10

Given how long it took to get ano0ther member of the scouts it is a bit surprising that they didn't stagger out the addition of Rei to the roster though I for one am glad that didn't happen. At any rate we do indeed get to meet the maiden of fire and the token dirty old man that is her dad. Also nice to see Luna has her head in the game and figured out pretty quickly what the real deal was, unlike with Ami. Of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention the grand clash of the ages between Usagi and Rei has already begun. Oh, right, and Rei's power is actually useful, yea, Ami got the shaft with that Bubble Spray. Overall, this episode is absolutely vital to watch even though I thought it was a bit flatter then Ami's debut. Still. highest recommendation to watch.

Why don't we just rename the thread to like Spring 2014 Idolme or have a subtitle referring to idols? It's clear that we're all about the idoltry. I don't think we're fooling anyone anymore.

Kamigami no Asbobi Episode 10
BpsawG_CAAAqGyL.png

Funniest cinderella play animated yet due to how wacky it was and just their personalities clashing. Too bad Yuki Kaji is a character that cant speak and only makes sounds :(

mankoto

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 01-10
Another late season pick up. And honestly, the only one I doing. Every painstaking minute I was wishing Nononono got an adaption instead of this...

Isshukaan Friends 10
This episode, specifically the lunch scene in particular was really to hardtake down. They'd come so far only for one guy to come around and mess everything up. Well, if anything, Saki was adorable as always.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 10
I didn't think of Chinatsu much when she first appeared a few episodes back, but now I think she needs more screentime. Seeing her upset Kawai like that was really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom