• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
The only song I know from Idolmaster, and I don't think it's from the anime, is the Ai like Hamburger one because some speedrunner dude I watch on twitch was singing it.

Link Man

Banned
Its not ENTIRELY idol talk, there is a little bit of anime talk.

iFuZsJDdORqif.jpg

mankoto

The only song I know from Idolmaster, and I don't think it's from the anime, is the Ai like Hamburger one because some speedrunner dude I watch on twitch was singing it.
Same here. Ironically I found this song on the 4th of July. Go figure.

Mononoke

Banned
My friend came over last night (we are going to watch E3 all day today and tomorrow), and so we watched Millennium Actress. This was my second time seeing it, and was his first time. He too loved it, and was left speechless by the end of the film.

For me, it was such a joy watching it a second time. I really can't believe how perfect this movie is (in terms of the structure/pacing and editing). And godammnit, I just love the story/theme being told. The end got me both times. :)

So I have to thank GAF again for recommending one of the best movie's I've ever seen.

Link Man

Banned
My friend came over last night (we are going to watch E3 all day today and tomorrow), and so we watched Millennium Actress. This was my second time seeing it, and was his first time. He too loved it, and was left speechless by the end of the film.

For me, it was such a joy watching it a second time. I really can't believe how perfect this movie is (in terms of the structure/pacing and editing). And godammnit, I just love the story/theme being told. The end got me both times. :)

So I have to thank GAF again for recommending one of the best movie's I've ever seen.

That scene where she's
racing through all her roles towards Hokkaido
is one of the most powerful scenes I've watched, I think.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 10
The beauty contest was interesting. Especially the friendship tornado. I think the final girl has been introduced, presumably the idol. I think that's the last trope to fill. Well besides an actual yandere

Well, it's not as easily "perverted" as something like B Gata H Kei or any number of similar sex comedy shows, where the jokes are much more direct.

I mean, there's like a ten part joke about whether or not Tsuda fucked a butt shaped onahole that requires you to actually watch all the episodes in order for you to see the punchline.
Other shows are like "Hey, these girls have giant tits and they bounce a lot" or "These girls get covered in sticky white stuff".

Heck, remember their copy for B Gata?

You can't really even do that with Seitokai Yakuindomo because the girls aren't "girls" but just characters that make jokes about their vibrators setting off metal detectors at the airport. lol

Yep, it makes sense that Seitokai Yakuindomo probably wouldn't be licensed over more direct perverted series. Also probably the reason why Binbougami ga! got licensed and Seitokai no Ichizon has not, as the former has much more fanservice than the latter despite both being comedies using the occasional reference to another anime. Just have to hope a BD-box may appear for the two TV series and maybe even the current OVAs.

I am glad B Gata H Kei was licensed because I probably would have overlooked it. Whenever I had watched it in the past I always had the problem of choosing whether to watch the Japanese or English track as I truly enjoyed both Yukari Tamura and Brittany Karbowski as Yamada.

cajunator

Banned
Maruyama better finish Kon's Dream Machine.

Hopefully one day. Ive seen more impossible things happen.

I APPROVE OF YOUR AVATAR SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH MUCH MUCH

phaze

Durarara !! 09

Oh lord, they need help. Like bullet to the brain help.

Kinda feel like to makeup for lack of 3 distinct timelines from Baccano, they decided to throw additional 15 characters just to make things more confusing. Kida's a great and funny character and I look forward to more episodes focused on him.

Midonin

Magnaka 10

A tale of bunny girl outfits and almost getting wet in two different ways. The bigger question is how Sena had that whip on her person in the elevator.

Durarara shouldve really focused on cat helmet waifu and her clingy scientist husbando instead of the three boring high school kids. Or at the very least on the bartender berserker.

No seriously fuck those high school kids.

Jex

All this idol talk :(

Anytime.

Jex

In the world of anime podcasts, newcomer GME! Anime Fun Time hasn't been particularly interesting so far because they've just been covering super popular titles that I don't think lend themselves to an interesting discussion e.g. Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. This month however they've broken away from that format to talk about a show which deserves some more attention, The Tatami Galaxy.

It's a pretty good listen all in all, even though the spoil the heck out of the show I don't think that should put anyone off. Anyway I hope this podcast continues to explore ground that's not being covered by every other anime podcast.

Also, it gives me a good reason to post Tatami's OP and ED again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYCYd2wHY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IcFDwygw-o

So good.

cajunator

Banned
In the world of anime podcasts, newcomer GME! Anime Fun Time hasn't been particularly interesting so far because they've just been covering super popular titles that I don't think lend themselves to an interesting discussion e.g. Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. This month however they've broken away from that format to talk about a show which deserves some more attention, The Tatami Galaxy.

It's a pretty good listen all in all, even though the spoil the heck out of the show I don't think that should put anyone off. Anyway I hope this podcast continues to explore ground that's not being covered by every other anime podcast.

So good.

Tatami's ED is so good.
Another good OP is Kamisama Dolls.

Midonin

Love Live! S2 10

Making the aftermath of the preliminaries more of a heart-to-heart moment with the leader of A-RISE wasn't the expected direction, but the way the previous episode was set up suggested that nobody else really stood a chance. I think they may actually make it to the Love Live this time around. The Honoka Market scene with the mochi was kinda cute, and I've always been a sucker for those "everyone's working together" moment. It speaks to the good part of the human spirit, as long as I can sense some heart behind it. And Love Live has had plenty of that.

Glad to see the show itself acknowledging Nozomi/Nico. They're this show's Azusa/Chihaya... at least in terms of bust.

Love Live! S2 - 10

Welp, Love Live!'s best thing going for it is now gone. Seriously, no competing song from A-Rise and a fucking timeskip? I don't know whether to be angry or disappointed (maybe both) in this episode. What's the purpose of building A-Rise as the group's primary competitor when at the end they don't even get shown putting up a competition? This turn of events reeks of amateur plot writing: "Uhhh, μ won because... PLOT!"

Love Live! S2 10 Glad to see the show itself acknowledging Nozomi/Nico. They're this show's Azusa/Chihaya... at least in terms of bust.

I don't even...

Taruranto

I dropped Nadia. Shouldn't have picked this up, I remember loving this as a kid, but now... meh.

Meanwhile Haikyuu!! continues to be fairly good, solid production values (I guess the fujoshi money from Kurokok went here, the series may still have some utility after all) and a great cast of characters.

Clov

So good.

I'll be giving this a listen when I get home later tonight. I'm interested in anything Tatami Galaxy related.

Speaking of podcasts and The Tatami Galaxy, Funimation gave some mixed signals about a release in ANN's podcast. Someone asked about Ping Pong, and they said "If you want more things like Ping Pong, watch Ping Pong". When asked about The Tatami Galaxy, they laughed and said "We've already answered that".

Not sure if that's an outright "no", or a "maybe if Ping Pong does well".

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 35

This author reeeeeeeally loves characters who go into crazy psycho mode when they get serious, huh. That tongue is a little offputting.

phaze

Durarara shouldve really focused on cat helmet waifu and her clingy scientist husbando instead of the three boring high school kids. Or at the very least on the bartender berserker.

No seriously fuck those high school kids.

I quite like the blond kid so far. Next to the other two, he's a vulcan of energy and makes their scenes bearable. And yeah Shizu-chan is awesome. :)

cnet128

Banned
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 8

Yes, we get it. The Lightless Realm is creepy and
the robots are dead people

Oh, and it looks like now
Sasame is suffering from the same corruption that Emiru was, so we're right on track to killing off all the likable female characters

Midonin

To Heart 2 11-13

I liked episode 11. Lots of Tamaki, and it did what I liked the best - bruought all the girls together. Overall, the show felt a lot like the first To Heart, but with some differences. The tone was a bit lighter, the girls a bit wackier, and the show didn't end on a love triangle. The callbacks to the first season small and non-intrusive. (The translator's notes on the other hand, pointed out some obvious things, including a few of the callbacks. Let the viewers figure that out for themselves.) Konomi's confession of love wasn't quite as forward as Akari's, but it ends on a note that suggests that Konomi may have won, but it'll always be Tama in the minds of the fans. I found the first To Heart got better once the show introduced all of its cast and was able to shuffle them in new and interesting ways in Remember my memories, so perhaps the OVAs will do the same here.

There's enough of them that they're a de facto second season. In the end, my thoughts remain the same. A charming little show that emphasizes friendship over romance, with one breakout character that makes the whole thing worth it. Seeing the style of animation evolve throughout these various installments has also been fun on a meta level.

cnet128

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 22 (OVA)

Seki-kun suffering at the hands of Seki-kun is a rare and beautiful sight.

...Yokoi in gym clothes is also a rare and beautiful sight.

cnet128

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 23 (OVA)

All-out war! Thrilling escapades! Adorable snow creatures! Adorable Yokoi! Truly this episode has it all.

Yowamushi Pedal 35

This author reeeeeeeally loves characters who go into crazy psycho mode when they get serious, huh. That tongue is a little offputting.

He's the most interesting character in this race
love his seiyuu's job

Most annoying voice goes to that nasaly dude with who washed out during the 1000k marathon who thought he was relevant

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!!2 6

ixxgNer5UOCtH.jpg

Fun episode, just kind of losing the will to share impressions on an episode-by-episode basis. Kyoko did have a nice dig at Yamada, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom