• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_n5pjg5mCGa1tqw94do1_1280.png

Mokoi

Banned
Huh, so there are two shows with the name Tokyo in them. I really hope Ghoul ends up being good. Studio Pierrot better not disappoint.

Midonin

This Week in Puchimas

That's not fair! Makochi has a really small hitbox.

Inugami & Nekoyama 10

Pool episode! In many ways, it reminded me of Sakura Trick's. Just with more vivid fears of water.

Chariot

The iDOLM@STER 03

Some godspeed watching I'm doing here. And I can't believe I am falling for the protect her-thing. Yukiho is crazy adorable when scared... is ok to enjoy seeing someone scared to death? Idolmaster may have awoken fetishes that never meant to be awoken.
And somehow she reminds me of Miho from GuP. (for that matter, did they maybe "borrow" her design vom iM@S?)
I wonder what led to her manfear. So far there was no explaination like in Working!!. At this point I can assume, that she was raped by some Punks with aggressive dogs or something like that.
Episode was nice though, I love the small moments of every Idol and little views on the Idols, even if it has nothing to do with the plot. Still like Mikis laidback personality.

I haven't spent any money
yet
. I'm going to watch SAO and I'm going to hate myself for it.
I hope you share your pain, I'm gonna get popcorn.

The iDOLM@STER 03

Some godspeed watching I'm doing here. And I can't believe I am falling for the protect her-thing. Yukiho is crazy adorable when scared... is ok to enjoy seeing someone scared to death? Idolmaster may have awoken fetishes that never meant to be awoken.
And somehow she reminds me of Miho from GuP. (for that matter, did they maybe "borrow" her design vom iM@S?)
I wonder what led to her manfear. So far there was no explaination like in Working!!. At this point I can assume, that she was raped by some Punks with aggressive dogs or something like that.
Episode was nice though, I love the small moments of every Idol and little views on the Idols, even if it has nothing to do with the plot. Still like Mikis laidback personality.

I hope you share your pain, I'm gonna get popcorn.

Yukiho is best girl #truthfact

Glad to see you're enjoying it though!

duckroll

I'm still not entirely sure what Terror in Tokyo is about but it looks pretty sweet :)

"In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children – children who shouldn't even exist – masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form “Sphinx,” a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber – and pull the trigger on this world."

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping Pong The Animation Episode 10:

Damn you E3, you have left me with little energy to commentate on this today, but this was probably the best episode of this wonderful series though sadly also confirms to me that Smile is the worst of the main characters as the match today had drama, stakes and emotion from both Peco and Dragon. Yes, this was magnificent.

"In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children – children who shouldn't even exist – masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form “Sphinx,” a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber – and pull the trigger on this world."

That summary gives me Death Note and Code Geass vibes.

I loved both of those shows (well, I read the Death Note manga) so this sounds very intriguing to me.

I love shows that involve some guys using mysterious powers to screw-up everybody's good time while the rest of the world is struggling to figure out who it is! Those are always really exciting to watch.

Jex

Astro Boy seems to be the most marketable and recognisable "anime" figure around the world - probably even more so than Dragonball Z characters. He is basically a franchise figure now.

I suppose it's been ten years since the last TV version of Astro Boy (ohgodIfeelold) so it's about time to trot this one out. Secretly, of course, I hope that at the same time Mappa get funding to animate Pluto...

A man can dream.

duckroll

That summary gives me Death Note and Code Geass vibes.

I loved both of those shows (well, I read the Death Note manga) so this sounds very intriguing to me.

I love shows that involve some guys using mysterious powers to screw-up everybody's good time while the rest of the world is struggling to figure out who it is! Those are always really exciting to watch.

There are probably no "mysterious powers". It looks fairly realistic, so I expect it to be closer to something like Eden of the East, but from the perspective of the terorrists. In the Watanabe interview on the site, he makes it clear that the terrorism is a major theme in the show, and that we can expect the tone of a western TV series action thriller. He cites stuff like 24 and Sherlock.

Jex

There are probably no "mysterious powers". It looks fairly realistic, so I expect it to be closer to something like Eden of the East, but from the perspective of the terorrists. In the Watanabe interview on the site, he makes it clear that the terrorism is a major theme in the show, and that we can expect the tone of a western TV series action thriller. He cites stuff like 24 and Sherlock.

Don't say things like that, you'll scare me!
Terror in Tokyo pv
Bp8X2xICAAACxEz.jpg:large

Love the characters design.

Didn't realise it starred the guys from Kids on the Slope.

Please Note: I am actually excited for the show, I'm just trying to temper it.

Gintama 26-27

The show is still quite in comedy territory, but I think it's hitting far more often than missing with the new season so far.

Saint Seiya (1986) 08-15

Meanwhile, the Black Saints arc concludes and I find it hilarious Ikki fell in love with a girl who is more or less a palette swap of his brother. If she lived that would just invite awkward conversations I'm sure.

Bodacious Space Pirates 02-06

Chiaki-chan is soooooo tsuntsun. I admit I loved the practice flight with the yacht club. I hope Marika enlists them into her crew soon after she gets the whole captain thing on lock.

Fairy Tale 01

I actually read the first couple of chapters of the manga a long while ago, so I basically recognized most of this, but still it's fun to see animated. Probably will take a few episodes to get to new stuff (for me).

Usagi Drop 06

I don't know if it's a gift or not, but whenever I see this show I always get filled with happiness and rainbows and feel so good.

The way it was worded in that summary sure gave me supernatural vibes.

"Children who shouldn't exist"

"Wake the people from their slumber"

"Pull the trigger on the world"

I guess when you think about it it's all metaphorical stuff. But even if there are no supernatural elements I'll probably still enjoy the cat and mouse aspect of the show. I'll probably enjoy it even more if they manage to keep it realistic.

Midonin

selector infected WIXOSS 11

Tama was special in some way, that's a given, but the episode neither clarified in what way she's special, or if it's even true.
For Tama to not want to battle must mean she's realized something about this game.
I understand what the show's trying to say now. That risking everything on a card game isn't worth it, and the things that would make it worth it are impossible. Or at least theoretically impossible. Once again, the specifics of the tournament aren't as important as Ruko's personal journey. I'm looking forward to the finale. All the pieces are mostly in place, and as long as it can get a satisfying emotional conclusion out of all this, I'll leave satisfied. The odds of seeing a show that's both merchandise-driven and this intense again are unlikely. (In this time slot, anyway. Again, Gaim.)

duckroll

The way it was worded in that summary sure gave me supernatural vibes.

"Children who shouldn't exist"

"Wake the people from their slumber"

"Pull the trigger on the world"

I guess when you think about it it's all metaphorical stuff. But even if there are no supernatural elements I'll probably still enjoy the cat and mouse aspect of the show. I'll probably enjoy it even more if they manage to keep it realistic.

The first refers to the fact that the characters don't seem to have actual names. They don't have an identity, so the world doesn't know who they are. They shouldn't exist as far as the system in society is concerned.

The second is clearly a reference to the "wake up sheeple!!!" crap which is very popular in conspiracy theories and conspiracy drama these days.

The third refers to actual terrorist attacks shocking the world into action. By taking decisive actions of violence, repercussions are literally triggered.

There's nothing metaphorical about it, and none of it remotely sounds supernatural. This is pretty common language for conspiracy thrillers which have nothing to do with any supernatural stuff. :p

Narag

The first refers to the fact that the characters don't seem to have actual names. They don't have an identity, so the world doesn't know who they are. They shouldn't exist as far as the system in society is concerned.

The second is clearly a reference to the "wake up sheeple!!!" crap which is very popular in conspiracy theories and conspiracy drama these days.

The third refers to actual terrorist attacks shocking the world into action. By taking decisive actions of violence, repercussions are literally triggered.

There's nothing metaphorical about it, and none of it remotely sounds supernatural. This is pretty common language for conspiracy thrillers which have nothing to do with any supernatural stuff. :p

Gonna be so mad if I watch this and some bullshit thing does pop its head. aliens/magic/dinosaurs/demons/etc

I'd be cool with dinosaurs.

Crocodile

So the two main dudes shown in the promo are domestic terrorists that the police have to stop? Ok thanks for the clarification. I guess we'll see how the chick plays into this.

Link Man

Banned
Got caught up in the E3 hype, so just now catching up.

Chaika 10

So Akari wants to stuff her brother. Okay.

Nice action, obvious twist incoming. Poor Akari.

TUSR

Banned
I've been wondering about the thread title, I was planning on watching Hyouka after this spring season wraps up. Why is there no second season, was it a LN adaptation?

Linkark07

Banned
Nichijou

Finally finished this. Watching Yuuko crazy antics, or Mio´s drawings, or Nano being desperate to be a normal girl... Everything was amusing.

8/10 on my books.

Now going to watch Log Horizon.

Chariot

Yukiho is best girl #truthfact

Glad to see you're enjoying it though!
Hehe, so far I am not so warm with any girl, but I do have some favorites.

The iDOLM@STER 04

I didn't like the episode that much. It was watchable, but not much more. Mostly because I dislike Chihaya. I can understand her character, but I don't get much enjoyment out of overly serious character. Not much love for overly clumsy Haruka (seriously, there is moe and there is too much) and Takane. I like weird girls, but she is way to silent. Hibiki is nice and enjoyable though.

The iDOLM@STER 05

Wow, an episode, where I actually liked Iori. Her scaring Yukiho and Makoto was fun and she actually spoke some serious words at bedtime. This episode was very fun overall. They really did their best to underline the personality of each Idol at the beach. And wait, Ritsuko is underage? I think, I saw her in the opening, when will she become an idol, too? Anyway, I am enjoying most of the characters so far.

My favorites so far are Miki, Hibiki, Makoto and Yayoi. The others... not so much.

And now enough Idolmaster for today, or I can't sleep tonight.

Woah hey guys, Anime.

Ping Pong 10

Goddamn amazing episode, despite some weird animation things.
In one episode, I went from indifferent to Kazama to feeling for the guy.

I'm sad there's only one episode left. If it can top this one I'll be shocked.

Link Man

Banned
Bunny Cafe 10

Engrish scene! So cute!

Oh goddammit! ANOTHER pool episode!? With YOUNGER GIRLS?!?!

And now we have Cocoa and Syaro naked.

What are you doing, show? Show, stahp.

And now Syaro wants Cocoa to cuddle her at night.

cajunator

Banned
Here is a pic (sorry it's blurry)of trying to organize my anime. I couldn't fit all the blurays on there (NIS America sets and some more Funimation LE boxes).

Very nice. Imagine a collection about 6x that and you have an idea of what I have to keep organized.

Jex

Here is a pic (sorry it's blurry)of trying to organize my anime. I couldn't fit all the blurays on there (NIS America sets and some more Funimation LE boxes).

Don't you know that anime fans aren't supposed to actually buy anime?

Andrew J.

Because they're clones/aliens/from an alternate universe/ancient immortal beings, obviously.

Jex

Gintama 26-27

The show is still quite in comedy territory, but I think it's hitting far more often than missing with the new season so far.
- The show remains in 'comedy territory' throughout it's run with certain arcs developing into more serious realms as and when the show feels like it.

- You're already cleared the 'hurdle' that many people feel is the weakest part of the whole show, so it's plain sailing from here!

I thought it was going to be grounded more in reality :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom