• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a medium limitation.

Haruhi's intro - Kyon's narration and voiceover, set to scenes of him walking up the hill, and that beautiful, amazing care-free music - is just so much more enjoyable than reading the same passage in the light novels. Goddamn you Sugita Tomokazu.

Call me a weeaboo/otaku, but I read the novels with the English dub actors in mind.

Kuroko's Basketball 4
tumblr_m37sa5VAa11qixk57o1_500.gif

With Kagami on top and Kuroko on bottom, that was pretty epic. We need more action like that.

I actually thought Kuroko was injured for a moment there, he almost lost his eyesight and what not. Which was pretty close. The outcome was conflicting to me. One part wanted Kuroko and Kagami to win but the other part, once seeing Kise's expression when he couldnt jump as high as Kagami, started to feel bad. Hope this doesnt leave some type of bad feelings between him and Kurokocchi.

survivor

Banned
Upotte 3

Eru why do you suck so much? And why does the army still use it? Just ditch it and use better guns

So those elementary school kids, when they grow up what happens? Do they evolve to assault rifles?

Andrew J.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 27

Even more than the cowbell episode, this one goes to show that Nanami is really, really stupid.

Wouldn't have pegged Juri as a bowler.

Touga's surprisingly homophobic for a guy that gets slashed with Saionji and Akio all the time.

Nice apron.

Code Geass R2 5

First Rolo and now Villeta have been trapped by Lelouch. Darn you Suzaku and that ending.

Is it just me or is Sam Riegel the voice of every minor side character in this series?

Instro

E7 AO 3

Not as bad as I imagined, it was kind of a mixed bag of good scenes and very bad ones. That said there was a bunch of just really dumb stuff throughout, particularly that completely out of place karaoke scene. Some of the plot points brought up and character motivations are very weak, and I'm also somewhat unhappy about the Eva ripoff bit. The two Generation Bleu mechas seem pretty unwieldy compared to Nirvash, although I suppose that is part of Nirvash's otherworldly nature. I also don't really get why they are called Pied Piper and Generation Bleu, you'd think they could just stick to one name.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Upotte!! 4
Catgirl from Israel? doomed, Pdot, explain!
Like pdot said, desert fox. She's also an AK derivative, and they all have some sort of animal ears or some such. Has to do with that AK school pun.

Upotte 2

I don't get how this secret technique works
basically, you're securing the bipod down using your feet, using your weight to neutralize muzzle movement. Because of this you can make fast follow up shots without sacrificing accuracy. It's "secret" because doing so while wearing a skirt kind of let's it all show. How indecent showing off your stock like that, huh? :p

Articalys

Official Biglobe polls: truly they are the sustenance that provides for us all.

Most Popular Winter 2012 Anime (19,868 overall votes)

1 Daily Lives of High School Boys 1,189
2 Nisemonogatari 1,054
3 Chihayafuru 959
4 Another 930
5 Natsume Yujin-Cho Shi 879
6 Senki Zessho Symphogear 820
7 Guilty Crown 815
8 High School DxD 758
9 Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne 745
10 Waiting in the Summer 740
11 Future Diary 638
12 Inu X Boku Secret Service 607
13 New Prince of Tennis 552
14 Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! 547
15 Baby, Please Kill Me! (Kill Me Baby) 540
16 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai-Ni-Maku 529
17 Bodacious Space Pirates (Moretsu Pirates) 515
18 Persona 4 The Animation 514
19 Smile Pretty Cure! 497
20 Amagami SS+ 471
21-38 at the link.

Narag

Angel Beats 13

His donated heart was in her chest?
fucking loool

You know, I was fine with this series for the most part. Watching it I felt both sides of the fence in recent discussion had oversold their stances and I still feel the same way. Aside from the really inconsistent visuals, the show wasn't as bad as I expected. It's not particularly memorable but it's not like I regret watching it. I enjoyed some of the music, the moronic plans and associated comedic elements, and the fabulous dub.

What didn't set well with me was how unbalanced the tone was as it jumped between the idiocy of the students and the tragedy of their previous lives. Juxtaposition of these elements was never quite where it should have been. Even the level of depicted violence was uneven. Not that graphic violence bothers me but it's a bit strange when it goes from something like cartoon violence to things like
visible headshot wounds.
There seemed like there was little gradual change when trying to portray something important as well such as
how outright violent Naoi was in his introductory battle and Angel being emotionless until the very end.
I guess a sharp contrast is a cheap way to evoke an emotional response. It's a shame it was laughter for me.

Narag

Angel Beats Another Epilogue

Evidently this was a short epilogue that came with the home release of the show. It's two minutes long and surprisingly decent for what it is. If one told me it was the pitch for the series, I'd believe it.
I suppose it's an alternate ending where Otonashi is left behind. He becomes the student council president and when a student "awakens" to the situation he's in, Otonashi gives him some manly (yet frustrated) words of encouragement.

Like pdot said, desert fox. She's also an AK derivative, and they all have some sort of animal ears or some such. Has to do with that AK school pun.

basically, you're securing the bipod down using your feet, using your weight to neutralize muzzle movement. Because of this you can make fast follow up shots without sacrificing accuracy. It's "secret" because doing so while wearing a skirt kind of let's it all show. How indecent showing off your stock like that, huh? :p

Is there any LMGs in Upotte!!? Well, anyways, I should get to watching episode 2 already...

Official Biglobe polls: truly they are the sustenance that provides for us all.

21-38 at the link.

For Another to be so high the disc sales dont seem to show it. Otherwise, apart from four series, I seem to have tastes in line with the top 10 of that list. Phi Brain lower than HxH, Aquarion Evol, Gundam Age, and Brave 10 is just odd.

Angel Beats Another Epilogue

Evidently this was a short epilogue that came with the home release of the show. It's two minutes long and surprisingly decent for what it is. If one told me it was the pitch for the series, I'd believe it.
I suppose it's an alternate ending where Otonashi is left behind. He becomes the student council president and when a student "awakens" to the situation he's in, Otonashi gives him some manly (yet frustrated) words of encouragement.

I wouldnt have minded if they continued off with that.

And yes the dub was good, enjoyed the voice actors chosen, apart from Naoi, I dont think I had heard most of the others before. Otonashi good, Naoi great, Hinata's too, actually everyone's.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eiken

Now that was bad anime. In fact, it was pretty much the distillation of everything bad in anime. It only falls short in the fetishes it failed to include.

Moretsu Pirates 17
tumblr_m37ao8YYBk1qc3ylgo1_500.jpg

I wasnt ready. That
lengthy Lynn Jenny kissing scene
was uninteresting. Low moment. Otherwise the rest of the episode was pretty cool. These 17 episodes make me feel like weve really grown with Marika to see her develop into a great captain and I kind of wish it was a longer anime. I wonder when the crew will get back in action?

Impressive.. i was like "f**k yeah" when she just escaped ...

Westlo

Sankarea 3

I think I'm done with this show, unfortunately. While visually it remains interesting to watch, my understanding is that the comedy side is emphasised from here on out and those are already the weakest scenes of the show for me.

For the upcoming episodes you're right about the change in tone but it will get back inline with the opening episodes eventually. A few manga readers were complaining about how the anime did things since it would make a tone shift less effective later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom