• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the hell is Funimation going to start "simulcasting" Sankarea? They announced it at the beginning of the month and still nothing on their site.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 12:

E0BhE.jpg

INCEP....err....CONCEPTION

FUCK

I'M IN TEARS

NO WORDS

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Code Geass R2 1

The beginning of the series is so similar to the first season,
right down to Lelouch's geass command to have the Britannian soldiers kill themselves

Upotte 4

So this confirms that the girls are indeed firing themselves, meaning every action and stimulus from the guns is carried over to the ones firing it. Sexy.

So is Galil AR a cat-girl (gun) or a wolf-girl (gun)?

Narag

Angel Beats 10

... pink haired girl was
paralyzed
in life? All these kids are better off dead what with such terrible lives. God damn.

Articalys

The updated selected list of shows this season without an English simulcast:
Ginga e Kickoff!!
Acchi Kocchi
Natsuiro Kiseki
Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan
Hyouka
AKB0048

and as noted earlier, technically Funimation is doing Sankarea and Kore wa Zombie but they still haven't announced any schedules for either.

Ultimadrago

Upotte!! 4

OpByU.jpg

SIG pierces my heart from five-hundred meters away

She also explains the origins of the word "dud." (Poor Eru)
America, why u so mean to the U.K.!

Catgirl from Israel? doomed, Pdot, explain!

Also, a lulzy textbook introduction:
"We're the bad girls, yeah! We transferred and are gonna beat you good!"

Then some more gun history based on American war times. Which leads to Ichiroku getting salty.

Anyways, episode leading to the "action" one. This one is a real contest, hopefully the action trumps the "balloon" one by far.

no dub will be as soul-crushing as this one

it was like the USSR fell, but from the perspective of the commisars.

I haven't watched IS, but this dub...but I can't be sure it'll be funny bad the whole way through.
firehawk! Tell me another good dub line!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Moretsu Pirates 17

Yuri everywhere. If Sato was lying about this show, what does that mean for Lagrange?!
S2 starts with Madoka waking up among a harem of Jersey Club juniors.

I haven't watched IS, but this dub...but I can't be sure it'll be funny bad the whole way through.
firehawk! Tell me another good dub line!

The
labia
line was probably the best. But I've only seen a few episodes of the dub. :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
YAMI TO BOUSHI TO HON NO TABIBITO THIRTEEN

I
what
I mean
the fuck
but

10/10 godlike ending would recommend to anyone

Andrew J.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 25

Ah, the famous car. Wasn't expecting a tacky custom license plate.

Of all the weird symbolism in this show, the weird background stuff that happens at the student council meetings is the most obscure to me.

Soundtrack got a lot jazzier all of a sudden.

The fronts of shirts simply cannot withstand Akio's manliness!

Lots of new stuff going on with the duels now, all of it doubtless fraught with meaning. Anthy pulls out the sword from Utena now-not a coincidence that she's becoming more of an actual character and less a plot device now.

New ED is cool, might even not skip it from time to time.

Moretsu Pirates 17
tumblr_m37ao8YYBk1qc3ylgo1_500.jpg

I wasnt ready. That
lengthy Lynn Jenny kissing scene
was uninteresting. Low moment. Otherwise the rest of the episode was pretty cool. These 17 episodes make me feel like weve really grown with Marika to see her develop into a great captain and I kind of wish it was a longer anime. I wonder when the crew will get back in action?

Code Geass R2 2

Rolo and Suzaku need to chill out.
Just because Zero is back does not mean they should suspect Lelouch so quickly.
So naive.

Code Geass R2 3

Another Kallen bath scene.

It should also be quite clear by now that Lelouch has a sister-complex for Nunnally and Rolo has the strong possibility of having a brother-complex for his fake brother Lelouch.

Xingke's mood swing begins.

Makoto

Angel Beats 9

Organ donor cards in the train tunnel was a bit heavy handed. I think it embodies everything I dislike about that portion of the show. Exposition dump at the end was a bit much too. Maybe I haven't noticed until now but I think Angel's eyes are layered over her hair . wtf
I'd like to discuss this show with you but I can't at all remember what happened in it except for the bolded.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II

It's fun to watch the "debut" episode from a different angle, but I'm disappointed that the final arc in the series is this anti-climatic and uneventful.

Well, at least there's still Disappearance after I'm done here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
AT LAST, I HAVE TRANSCENDED MY OWN EXISTENCE. BEHOLD, MORTALS, THE FRUIT OF PERSEVERANCE, AND SEEK IT FOR YOURSELVES SO THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO BLISS WITH ME.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 13:

PRRyo.jpg

The answer to everything.

Any ending where you eat the world's best pancakes, lounge around in several compromising positions, and eventually find yourself
impregnated with your own future yuri lover
is a good ending.

It's fun to watch the "debut" episode from a different angle, but I'm disappointed that the final arc in the series is this anti-climatic and uneventful.

I have found this anime series to be quite anti-climatic after reading the original light novels. The light novels present every small detail that the anime may only show briefly to the keen eye or those with knowledge of what is going to happen.

And yes, the Disappearance movie is far superior to the first two seasons.

wonzo

Banned
Garzey's Wing is next for them.
it's good to see that they have their priorities straight
excellent

Disappearance easily makes up for how disappointing the second series was.

Jintor

I have found this anime series to be quite anti-climatic after reading the original light novels. The light novels present every small detail that the anime may only show briefly to the keen eye or those with knowledge of what is going to happen.

It's just a medium limitation.

Haruhi's intro - Kyon's narration and voiceover, set to scenes of him walking up the hill, and that beautiful, amazing care-free music - is just so much more enjoyable than reading the same passage in the light novels. Goddamn you Sugita Tomokazu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom