• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Mysterious Girlfriend X 4

pscDx.jpg

Not shabby.

5knjz.jpg

This pic kinda tripped me out.

Anyways, mildly amusing episode.

I love how the music heightens when that one chick talks about how Urabe hasn't kissed Tsubaki yet. lawl

Andrew J.

I don't know why you guys are always going on about the furry Hosodacalypse. It's not like our generation hasn't already been turned into furries by Rescue Rangers when we were kids.

<3 Gadget.

Code Geass R2 12

Anya lacks true common sense,
but she's too cute that actions such as using the Mordred during Milly's game can be overlooked

Jeremiah's geass canceller brings Shirley's memories back, which from my memory, does not end well for her in the next episode.

Also, those CLAMP body proportions in the student council picture.

Space bros 5

That fucking soundtrack is so goddamn inspirational! Makes me wanna get shit done.

And that pug is pretty cute, but that ain't saying much. Anime can make ugly monstrosities cute.

ibxT0rqG7jw22U.gif

cajunator

Banned
Yami, the fabulous man, and a bunch of Space Cases 10

This show is off to a FABULOUS start!

Lillith is cute as usual. Dat ass.

LOOOOL at that drawing.

Oh.. Oh WOW. Now thats what I call torture. Lillith you like that don't you?

Flo-floating buildings in space? Giant animal ear girl? WHAT THE FUCK?

"It's that way because thats what it is" Is this how the studio was thinking when they created this trainwreck?

OK FUCK THIS STORY. HOW ABOUT A SPACE ADVENTURE?

Space girls showering? Well that's a good start.

"Can I hold your hand?" "Why?" "Because YURI"

Now Lillith and Hazuki are on the ship and get discovered by the female crew.

Lillith offers to sleep with Hazuki since there is only one bed. Hazuki says she will sleep in the hall. NO YURI FOR YOU!

Apparently this ship
is run by a sentient computer called LALA. Lala programmed it to take care of the resident kids, whose parents became immobilized because reasons.

apparently these kids have deceased parents from the immobilization, but this LALA makes them all believe they are alive.
OH MY GOD WTF IS THAT IN THE BED!!

Now you can sleep well tonight!

Also, I want to add that I actually really like the music in this show. Especially the OP and ED.

Code Geass R2 13

Jeremiah's loyalty is completely pure.
Too bad for Shirley death, I am simply amazed she survived through the time with Mao up until now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think the anime itself may be alienating people, as we only discuss what exists.
Japan seems to do a good job of alienating people all by itself!
This is the season for 7th to start circle-jerks about all the great animation and art techniques. His absence is disturbing.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 5

sRTja.jpg

Mike brutally murders Ken.

As usual, this was a fun watch. The sense of sibling rivalry between Mutta and his bro makes for nice back-and-forths between them as well as simple monologues fot Mutta to further explain his past and present.

Had a nice time with it, looking forward to the next.

Also, where the hell is Hix?

Someone drag him out of his dark, bad-guy cave!

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 5

As usual, this was a fun watch. The sense of sibling rivalry between Mutta and his bro makes for nice back-and-forths between them as well as simple monologues fot Mutta to further explain his past and present.

Had a nice time with it, looking forward to the next.

Someone drag him out of his dark, bad-guy cave!

Space Bros has such a great feel to it. I so badly want to see the next episode. I want Mutta to become an astronaut at the end of this so much.

Code Geass R2 14

So the Emperor was not the one attacking Lelouch at the beginning of the R2 series, but V.V.?
The plot is beginning to be look into the history of Geass.

cajunator

Banned
Code Geass R2 14

So the Emperor was not the one attacking Lelouch at the beginning of the R2 series, but V.V.?
The plot is beginning to be look into the history of Geass.

I should continue this series. I started R2 earlier this year and got to around episode 7. It hasn't hooked me like season one did. the train was beginning to derail though, so that's a great sign. This is one of those shows that you expect to see end up in a fiery trainwreck and you LIKE IT.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 4:
Indirect yuri kiss
all over this show.

This was a nice episode, and I think an improvement over last week. The dream sequence was really neat this time, and we saw a lot more of Urabe from a view other than Tsubaki, so that was neat. I think the show continues to use the weirdness in order to reflect on high school age romance and life well, too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Un-Go 04:

BuoOhl.jpg
sgHyCl.jpg

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A PLUSH

The latest whodunnit wraps up, complete with a discussion on human nature and the
rights of AIs
"It's okay because they're not human?" Sasa Kaze..whateverhisnamewas is like the worst stereotypes of gamers and otaku rolled into a single character
. After this episode, it would appear that the common thread running through all of the cases in the show thus far is the New Information Privacy and Protection Act, which is either an inherently terrible law or abused to hell and back by the government. I see that SOPA destroyed Future Japan, heh.

Also, Inga's character gets even more fucking stupid with the addition of
MAGICAL SHADOW HAND POWERZZ
. Shinjuurou doesn't really have to
do much real detective work at all
, does he?

So, about this:

Yeah...

Doubly disturbing considering that
Kazamori A.I. is also apparently in the body of that little female android, who has been locked in a room with her fat, old, all-too-willing creator for SEVEN YEARS

I should continue this series. I started R2 earlier this year and got to around episode 7. It hasn't hooked me like season one did. the train was beginning to derail though, so that's a great sign. This is one of those shows that you expect to see end up in a fiery trainwreck and you LIKE IT.

R2 does present itself at a different pace and displays more backstory than action compared to the first season. As much as I enjoy the non-CG KMF battles, I like to learn of the Geass history even more. Hopefully Akito the Exiled presents a decent story to continue the story of Geass.

Code Geass R2 15

I do not understand C.C.'s reasoning of wanting Lelouch to uphold their contract in the previous episode when speaking with Marianne and then not telling Lelouch the terms of the contract. Now C.C. will let the Emperor fulfill the contract because Lelouch is too kind, but then C.C. backs out at the last moment?
I still have yet to grasp the true meaning behind C.C.'s character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom