• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I was surprised it was (the scene) was censored in the anime, more so with the actual car. I didnt think car accidents animated were not allowed.

I didn't understand that censor myself. They censored the face of the dude driving, then the car itself after the accident, but no censor for the blood, it was weird.

sonicmj1

I was surprised it was (the scene) was censored in the anime, more so with the actual car. I didnt think car accidents animated were not allowed.

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there was an incident recently in Japan with someone going on a car rampage and running random people over, so they may have reacted.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon 30
YpmzR.jpg

Rei is the best Precure Sailor

A Rei episode! Come on Rei, you can
choose a better person than him. :(

In an interesting twist,
Rei's Grandpa is the final Youma, and he is actually able to fight back, unlike the other victims. But it does come with some side effects, as Rei found out.

bKJP3.jpg

BAD GRANDPA

Of course, no episode is truly complete without an appearance from Tuxedo Mask, and he as fabulous as always.

SQehp.jpg

But he's still an asshole

Along the way, a new acolyte has joined Rei's shrine, and he is working diligently in order to impress her.

Oav5S.jpg

The only appropriate reaction to have to Rei

Interestingly, she actually shows a few signs of falling for him, although Mamoru is of course still number one in her haato.

Of course, Usagi manages to spoil all the good moments for the two of them, as she always does.

15zB8.jpg

Usagi ends up in this position a surprisingly high number of times

Usagi's transformation into a moeblob is still ongoing, but Luna is beginning to join her as well.

Anyway, now that
the 7 youma arc is finished, we can move on to a new plot arc! It's not that I didn't like the 7 Youma arc, but since the Dark Kingdom got 5 of the 7 chrystals, it's a bit unfair for the Sailors and Tuxedo Mask. Hopefully they can even the odds a bit, but I think it's more likely that the Dark Lord Sauron will be revived and then sealed again in typical fashion.

Go_Ly_Dow

Had this crazy dream last night.

I was watching this anime dub about a college student who could travel to an alternate reality in his dreams. He was some sort of super hero who could grow wings out of his feet. The dub was so terrible my ears started to bleed.

The last thing I remember was a motorcycle growing wings and me laughing hysterically. Eventually I passed out from laughter and woke up.

The dream felt so real, but unfortunately something so ridiculous could never be created and dubbed in such a way in the first place =(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I was watching this anime dub about a college student who could travel to an alternate reality in his dreams. He was some sort of super hero who could grow wings out of his feet. The dub was so terrible my ears started to bleed.

The last thing I remember was a motorcycle growing wings and me laughing hysterically. Eventually I passed out from laughter and woke up.

The dream felt so real, but unfortunately something so ridiculous could never be created and dubbed in such a way in the first place =(

I think I had that exact same dream!

BluWacky

Was it all just a dream? Or maybe a vision?

(insert Escaflowne screengrab here)

No, it was real.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon 31

M3skk.jpg

Alright, a Luna episode! It also happens to be the funniest episode in the whole show, even if
if they showed off Rhett Butler's asshole a little more than I would have liked.

Poor Luna has been caught up in the local cats' ongoing turf wars.

But fear not! For her very own Tuxedo Mask makes an appearance!

I don't want to spoil the fun for those who haven't seen it, so I'll just end this post here.

mlIOx.jpg

For once it wasn't Usagi!

sonicmj1

A while back, I felt like I was having a dream like the one you described. There were 12th and 13th century foreigners everywhere, and at first, the main character was forced to fight naked.

I was able to laugh at it in my dream, but when I woke up and tried to make sense of the convoluted situation I had imagined, I decided it was ridiculous and forgot about it. I met up with some high school friends, which was good for my mental condition at the time.

duckroll

A while back, I felt like I was having a dream like the one you described. There were 12th and 13th century foreigners everywhere, and at first, the main character was forced to fight naked.

I was able to laugh at it in my dream, but when I woke up and tried to make sense of the convoluted situation I had imagined, I decided it was ridiculous and forgot about it. I met up with some high school friends, which was good for my mental condition at the time.

Just need a few more dream contributions, and we'll have the full season of the first AnimeGAF anime planned out!

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko No Baske 4

Defeat one opponent and tease the next one. I like the show and wonder how many episodes they are planning to do since the manga seems on-going.

Dresden

eureka seven ao - 03

I wish they'd omitted some of the things that made it into the episode (Miku shit being the main offender), but it was brief and didn't bother me too much. I'm worried more about how heavy-handed the show can be, but then, I guess this is e7.

Otherwise it was a good episode and I'm enjoying the fuck out of this show. Ao is a really likable protagonist--bro gets shit done.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hyouka 2

They're seriously going to kill me this way.

I enjoy the small-time mysteries they solve and the different visual styles they use to present them to the viewers. And I'm also quite interested in the characters.

I'm sticking with this one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
AKB0048 1

Fabulous.

Bwahahaha.

Drama, tears, and suffering before characterization. And CG idols. This is it.

I don't see how AKB48 fans won't like this. If they're not actively singing one of their songs, they're being played in the background.

Jex

eureka seven ao - 03

I wish they'd omitted some of the things that made it into the episode (Miku shit being the main offender), but it was brief and didn't bother me too much. I'm worried more about how heavy-handed the show can be, but then, I guess this is e7.

Otherwise it was a good episode and I'm enjoying the fuck out of this show. Ao is a really likable protagonist--bro gets shit done.

I feel like people are excusing a variety of this shows sins simply because Ao isn't a hateful little twerp. I guess I feel that way as well.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Suite Precure 2

t9oYN.jpg

Tsun~

Well, the cause of their broken friendship was pretty funny, though Kanade
shouldn't have NTR'd poor Hibiki like that. :( Hibiki > Kanade, so far.
From the looks of it though, they're going to continue squabbling, hopefully they can use that meaningfully
like with how they lost at first.

AWuGP.jpg

BIG HEAD CHEAT ACTIVATED

I like the character designs even though they aren't as good as HeartCatch's, but this scene was laughably off model, and as far as I can tell, it wasn't supposed to be a superdeformed-esque moment.

The three Musketeers are pretty wtf, the cat enemy is the best badguy so far.

I must say it was pretty surprising for the Precure to lose right off the bat, where's Tuxedo Mask when you really need him?

KLrhR.jpg

c0YCc.jpg

SOUND THE LAFIEL ALARM

Since the OP only features Rhythm and Melody, I wonder how long it will take for the rest of the Precure to show up.

MuOM6.jpg

Who needs goggles with lines like these?

Jarmel

Banned
I feel like people are excusing a variety of this shows sins simply because Ao isn't a hateful little twerp. I guess I feel that way as well.

There are two big problems I see with the show. The first is the expostionary way people talk in the show. Things that should be fairly obvious for the characters is talked about in a very boring and nonrealistic way. The second is how the show relates to the first one as it seems fairly messy so far.

That said, the music has been outstanding and the animation(for the first two episodes anyway) has been great as well. The characters are fairly realistic especially the Generation Bleu ones. My sister is 11 and she fits Elena to a fucking T and the whole Fleur updating her blog sounds just like Twitter. I also can't count the number of places I've been where people won't do jack shit for the opening hours in a corporation because they're drinking coffee. The direction especially in the first couple have been fairly good so far although nothing particularly outstanding.

Honestly the third episode feels like a misstep and I think the fourth will probably be fine. In fact, I'm not worried at all about the combat heavy episodes. The bigger issue is how they deal with free-time/down-time ones and whether they can establish some character dynamics similar to the Gekko.

cajunator

Banned

YES! Still got the OP/ED of the first season stuck in my head sometimes. IT WONT LEAVE.

It feels like the original in ways, looks pretty, sounds pretty, and has well designed cars, machines, and Elena Peoples in it. I will excuse it for al ot of sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom