• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dem faces:

gKeXul.png

"Kaneda... help me!"

Jex

The value of anime has clearly been in a deflationary spiral for two decades, outside the stimulus of western funds. Less people spend money on anime leads to increase in pandering for those who do which leads to lowered perception and less non-otaku spending money and so on and so on.

Well, it's not like the world's economies are going to recover any time soon and prop anime up!

Kyousogiga 01?
yik6e.png

Firstly, this was wonderful to just watch. Everything was just colorful, there was quite a lot just going on in the background and it probably went into being a mess a few times, but was still very nice to just look at. The story was pretty much unexplained and instead we are just treated to lots of action and some random talking. I mean, I started to understand something by the end, but it was the end by then. But, I still think this was just pretty much fun to watch, and I wouldn't mind watching more if more episodes are produced.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kyousogiga 01?
yik6e.png

Firstly, this was wonderful to just watch. Everything was just colorful, there was quite a lot just going on in the background and it probably went into being a mess a few times, but was still very nice to just look at. The story was pretty much unexplained and instead we are just treated to lots of action and some random talking. I mean, I started to understand something by the end, but it was the end by then. But, I still think this was just pretty much fun to watch, and I wouldn't mind watching more if more episodes are produced.

Yup, Kyousogiga was awesome, and more has been announced!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Eh, that looks pretty tame by modern Yu-Gi-Oh/Shiki standards, which just goes to show how far we've fallen.

I initially thought his collar was a yellow beard, which amplified the freakish hair factor significantly. Disappointingly, all he has is an old guy ahoge.

Crazy talk nothing in the next Summer seems like it will be as good as the MPD / IM@S / Usagi drop trio!

+Blood-C

Usagi Drop was top-notch. MPD was good but extremely flawed. Idolmaster, outside a couple brilliant comedic episodes, was a snore with good production values. If both noitamina shows and Uta Koi end up as good as Usagi Drop and Binbougami ga delivers on its comedic potential, it'll be a better season, at least for me.

As far as Blood-C goes, I have high hopes for the film.

Kyousogiga 01?

You're in luck, more Kyousogiga is being made. I've seen reports that it'll be airing in the fall, though I'm not sure if they're trustworthy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Spring hasn't turned out to be quite as amazing we initially thought, mainly because Fujiko hasn't really delivered on the promises of the first two episodes.
Fujiko being a episodic show has plenty of time to pick up again and become amazing again!

Anyway for this season to be a disappointment I'd say - Kids on the slope and Tsuritama would haft to end up being terrible, as they are the two main shows holding this season together along with the other lesser but enjoyable shows.

And KOIKELUPIN and Eureka seven AO could be the other two "main" shows to add alongside those two, if their quality goes back to the quality of their first two episodes.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hyouka 2

Very laid back and relaxing. This is what I loved about K-On. (along with the production values)

I'm sure the plot will go places, so for now I will enjoy this slow pace.

Also, Chitanda alone will probably drive sales!

Eh, that looks pretty tame by modern Yu-Gi-Oh/Shiki standards, which just goes to show how far we've fallen.

rofl forgot about shiki hair ..but still who is the character designer for this ?

I don't know how low the show will get now that those 3 kids are part of teh story ..

How low can gundam age get in my mind ??

There is like not one good idea in this gundam so far

Branduil

Hyouka 2

Very laid back and relaxing. This is what I loved about K-On. (along with the production values)

I'm sure the plot will go places, so for now I will enjoy this slow pace.

Also, Chitanda alone will probably drive sales!

Honestly, I can see why people would find the show "boring." But if all boring shows had such nice production value, atmospheric art direction, and lovely music, in addition to having a pleasant chemistry among the cast, anime would be a lot better off overall.

cajunator

Banned
"Kaneda... help me!"

I shouldn;t have laughed so hard at this.

Spring hasn't turned out to be quite as amazing we initially thought, mainly because Fujiko hasn't really delivered on the promises of the first two episodes.

Oh, but spring has been quite an incredible journey thus far. I have enjoyed everything I have watched and that's at least 15-20 shows, including continuing ones and AKB0048.
It has been nothing but fun.

sonicmj1

The intent I got from that scene wasn't so much "Look how brain damaged she is now that she's a zombie" as "Look what a naive and sheltered girl she is". That's been a steady part of Rea's character.

That was how I saw it too. It makes sense that she wouldn't know what the loofah did.

But that isn't any "exercise" I've ever heard of.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 12

Yayoi and Candy are quite adorable, but I have to rank this as the worst episode so far. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Ah My Goddess Fighting Wings 01
M6SGu.jpg

Meet your new main character!
Oooh, a new action packed episode. That's totally different! Sure, the focus was literally on Lind here, but that was still pretty good. It's a pretty good change of pace, even though it feels like no one acknowledge that Lind has appeared before.

Damn it show, stop teasing me with Keiichi's parents in the ED!

BluWacky

obligatory mention of NyaruReferences

I might not watch the show, but I do still glance through this.

You know, I kind of hated Nyarlko, but the effort they've gone to with the parodies is quite impressive. I've always thought I had a relatively good breadth of anime knowledge, but I guess I just know all the wrong stuff - I know next to nothing about tokusatsu, I've never read JoJo's Bizarre Adventures (it always sounded so stupid!) and most of those other references would have passed me by.

I need to read more (any?) 2ch, obviously -_-

Honestly, I feel that the summer season has the potential to have about the same number of quality shows I enjoy as this one, the way things are turning out. This season's big winners seem to be:

Space Brothers
Kids on the Slope
Tsuritama
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Fate/Zero (when I get around to it)

Plus a couple lesser shows that I'm enjoying for various reasons, such as Hyouka and Ginga e Kickoff. For the summer season, my eyes are on:

Space Brothers (cont.)
Natsuyuki Rendevous
Moyashimon Returns
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Binbougami ga!

Plus a couple shows I'm more skeptical about but could turn out to be enjoyable in their own way, such as Tari Tari and Sword Art Online. We'll see.
I was joking, the summer season doesn't look like total crap. The Noitamina shows look promising, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom