• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone just needs to face facts and realize that all of the characters in the Mario universe outside of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Wario are as bad as Sonic's shitty friends.

You make it sound as if Dry Bones isn't awesome?

xIQ25.png

Jex

Temporal DVD + Blu-ray Sales Rankings for Winter 2012

*1, 57,512 Nisemonogatari
*2, 14,286 Inu x Boku SS
*3, 10,547 Highschool DxD
*4, 10,345 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi
*5, *8,677 Aquarion Evol
*6, *7,694 Ano Natsu de Matteru

Woah! Further proof that SHAFT are geniuses.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 7

So it looks like little Lelouche still has a ways to go before claiming the title of "Ultimate Mastermind."

Luck can only get you so far.

Or with anime, the most I can do is hope that holds.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 7

The pacing continues to surprise. There's no punctuation.

Mass murder of civilians Ledouche acting cool Shirley whining Pizza Hut mecha chess

He looks like Light,
but he's no true Light-bro. His keikaku abilities disappointed me.
At least he's had his full swag on ever since he was just a little kid.

And, Jesus, Shirley, no one cares. Shut up.

Dresden

sakasama no patema beginning of the day 01

Just enough to get me excited for more. Decided not to watch the second one for now.

elPk3.jpg

Makoto

Haibane Renmei 1-13 (FINAL)
I knew this show seemed familiar. Character design was done by Yoshitoshi ABe, who did: Serial Experiments Lain. The structure of the show has an interesting dynamic, it begins with a pique of curiosity, many questions that the viewer will have about the town, Old Home and the Haibane, who they are, who they were, what will become of them. Then it takes a (really depressing) turn for the existential until we're left at the end with a reassuring semblance of hope.

I wouldn't give it many points in the animation department but the script is what really shines. There is something strange about this world and it grabs your interest from episode one. After
Kuu's flight
the pacing of the show kinda gets funky as it no longer becomes about Old Home but rather Rakka and Reki. That's not to the show's detriment as Rakka and Reki's journey is one that is rife with vulnerability and a sense of helplessness. The music for the show was also very interesting. The ED in particular, for lack of a better word, starts out very creepy but as it goes along becomes more and more familiar and welcoming; a mirror of the show's emotional structure in my opinion. Though many questions are left unanswered by the end, I find myself no longer desiring the answers to those questions. This show is one that may have me reflecting on its themes for quite a while. I still feel a bit uneasy about it all (in the sense that it's sort of depressing me just thinking about it) but I liked it. 4 out of 5.

Jarmel

Banned
One issue I'm having with the gifs is the speed. The GAF thread said to use 3/100ths and I'm finding that's too fast. 6/100ths seems rather slow on the other hand.

irr8hO8aIS1gq.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 8

An entire episode dedicated to Ledouche and Suzaku putting their swags on. I like it.

Despite the fact that
they were kidnapped,
there were minimum amounts of Shirley and racist glasses girl, which was good too.

Code Geass R1 8

And so, after a quick time event in a tunnel and
a blatant four-eyed racist saved!
Ledouche's journey and fight against the oppressors truly begins.

I like your screencap.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
One issue I'm having with the gifs is the speed. The GAF thread said to use 3/100ths and I'm finding that's too fast. 6/100ths seems rather slow on the other hand.

irr8hO8aIS1gq.gif

Alternately, if you can input speed in FPS format, the most common speed used for anime is 23.976 FPS.

Jex

Code Geass R1 7

The pacing continues to surprise. There's no punctuation.

Mass murder of civilians Ledouche acting cool Shirley whining Pizza Hut mecha chess

He looks like Light,
but he's no true Light-bro. His keikaku abilities disappointed me.
At least he had his full swag on ever since he was just a little kid.

And, Jesus, Shirley, no one care. Shut up.

You're almost writing like you haven't seen this show before, but shirely that's not possible?

Jex

Yeah, after the opening it was pretty much just pedestrian bad Okadrama.

Which, you know, I am all for but after watching grown men in uniform get tazered by an idol wielding a magical wand I was hoping for more stupid stuff.

duckroll

irr8hO8aIS1gq.gif

Experiment with the timing and see how you like the results. Sometimes it's a case of not having enough frames, so if you slow it down it ends up looking a bit choppy. Also, not all browsers play gifs at the same speed, so that's annoying too.

Jex

Is it just me or have anime sales gone up recently. It feels like there were a less hits and a lot more bombs even just a year or two ago.

Clearly, the otaku have re-organized and launched a counter-attack to save anime for the greater good.

Makoto

Natsuiro Kiseki 1-4
I came for the character designs. I stayed for no good reason. "Be Careful What You Wish For: The Spring 2012 Anime" or Natsuiro Kiseki, isn't pandering enough and had I stuck to just 3-episodes, I may have set myself of this show but episode 4 was okay enough that I'm sticking around. At least it's not AKB0048.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom