• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

You have to keep in mind that Bake Vol 1 sales were so low because of lack of supply, it ended up doing something like 82k, if Nise Vol 1 is like Bake Vol 6 and frontloaded as fuck than it will be lucky to get near 70k.

Just like the early run of Tiger & Bunny.

I would consider it odd that that the people having these DVD's/BD's printed aren't aware of how popular these shows are going to be, but I suppose they don't want to run the risk of over-ordering or they have to order discs quite far in advance before they can know that a show will be a hit.

Cwarrior

what going on in the pic above looks like there a glitch were the characters a clipping through each other.

where going on with blonde girls legs.

Jex

Paprika

IElHv.jpg

This was... definitely one of the more visually interesting things I've watched.
It's been a while since a film has had me in such deep thought that I've been waiting a while since i've finished it to let it all marinate in my mind a bit[...]
Nothing good starts that way. You know, with that mixture of appreciation and hesitation which implies that they didn't actually think the movie was that great.
Overall, I really wanted this to be one of my favorite anime films ever but unfortunately it ended up not even being my favorite Satoshi Kon film (Perfect Blue still reigns supreme there). The imaginative world that Kon created is definitely something to behold and it probably ranks up there with GitS 2: Innocence as one of my favorite looking films.

My man!

Jarmel

Banned
for 24 FPS video you need 4/100s

Is there a formula for this? It seems like it works but I need to adjust to 30 and 60 for other materials.

ikGtSUsExLsh7.gif

Also thanks everybody for the help.

Edit:Nvm I think I got it. 5 for 30 FPS and 10 for 60 FPS. I think when I was trying to calculate it, I was mixing up some of the math.

Jex

maybe now shaft can finally afford to do a second series of Soredemo...

;_;

SHAFT has no need to return to past bombas when there's hundreds of more -monogatari adaptations to make!

Hopefully once they've finished with those they'll get around to remaking Bakemonogatari, but, you know, with more fanservice.
Zetman 5

What the hell is this? Hahaha.

That was a pretty tame episode. No action, a couple of introductions... But I guess next week's will be good, with
Kouga finally fighting.

Why is every single arc about kidnapped/endangered women, though?

Women are clearly in need of protection.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon R 85:

V38he.jpg

It's called "being in an environment where there's actually oxygen again".

ahahahahaha, this episode.
Sailor Senshi can't defeat the Black Moon Clan in the past? Go to the future. Black Moon Clan can't defeat Sailor Senshi in the future? Go to the past.
It's like some kind of
temporal Benny Hill yakety sax chase

And just when this arc was starting to get boring,
EVIL CHIBIUSA FUCK YEAH
. This development will hold me over to the end easily.

Sailor Moon R 86:

brYD7.jpg

As your name would imply...

hey

hey Toei

FUCK YOU.

I've already conditioned myself to skip the previews and pre-episode previews for Sailor Moon, but I still forget to skip the title cards sometimes. Like this episode, which just happened to spoil a REALLY MAJOR PLOT POINT RIGHT IN THE TITLE. AAAAAAGGGGGGHSJFHDJEKFKFJFHDFHD

So yeah,
RIP Saphir, you were too reasonable for this crazy train
. I'm kind of disappointed that
the final boss is going to be some nihilist wacko with no face

Also, hey Senshi, why are you suddenly deciding to revert to your S1 attacks against the S2 sub-boss?
It's pretty obvious that you're not going to un-brainwash Chibiusa through reasoned discussion

6kLy0.jpg

This made everything better, though.

duckroll

Is there a formula for this? It seems like it works but I need to adjust to 30 and 60 for other materials. It seems like it worked.

Yes. The setting is basically how long the time interval is between each frame. If you have 24 frames per second, and you want every 24 frames to represent 1 second, you would have to make the interval 4/100 of a second, because 24 of those intervals will make up 1 full second.

SHAFT has no need to return to past bombas when there's hundreds of more -monogatari adaptations to make!

Hopefully once they've finished with those they'll get around to remaking Bakemonogatari, but, you know, with more fanservice.

They could make six remakes of Bake- with more and more fanservice. Shaft made 26 episodes of Arakawa, so they are forever the good guys.

Jex

Read that as Waluigi Night...

but I guess every night is Waluigi Night.
Fuck off Waluigi, you got fired out of Mario Kart 7. Nobody gives two shits about you.

So it's all your fault that I had to learn.
Code Geass 1

This is totally Guilty Crown + Death Note.

Ledouche looks down on the puny humans with his "power of the king" and Machiaveli-inspired chess tactics. And now he's totally overpowered.

You're correct about one thing, Code Geass is a total Guilty Crown rip-off.
People saying Code Geass is like Guilty Crown makes me rage inside.

Evangelion is just a RahXephon rip-off.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Medaka Box Episode 1

I can't help but think if I was going to this school, this anime would turn into a hentai real quick.

How exactly is GC a CG ripoff? There are numerous differences throughout, ie lack of a suzuka like character, lessened focus of the mechas, musical direction, non trc derived character designs.

Dresden

Natsuiro Kiseki 1-4

I came for the character designs. I stayed for no good reason. "Be Careful What You Wish For: The Spring 2012 Anime" or Natsuiro Kiseki, isn't pandering enough and had I stuck to just 3-episodes, I may have set myself of this show but episode 4 was okay enough that I'm sticking around. At least it's not AKB0048.

Those are some messed up legs

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yoshi is the derpiest thing that ever came out of Mario.

http://i.imgur.com/qp6Hx.jpg?1

DURP DURP
You are a shame to all green-coloured heroes.
Yoshi's Island Yoshi sucks due to association with Baby Mario.
He's a true bro, having to put up with all that crap.
We're a community anime thread. Ask 7Th, it makes a big difference ._.
7th is the Waluigi of anime threads.
I like other anime too...
Oh my, may we have a School Days virgin here?
Did I ever tell you that you are my nakama? Regardless, it deserves repeating.
Can I be the shape-shifting reindeer?
It's true, they couldn't even keep the production or direction to the same levels of Bakemonogatari (well, apart from that one good episode of Nise).
I didn't know you were a fan of toothbrushes.
So it's all your fault that I had to learn.
What games do you like, Jex?
lmao just realized that I had the heartcatch henshin music for my morning alarm for like 2 years.
Brocure fist.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
How exactly is GC a CG ripoff? There are numerous differences throughout, ie lack of a suzuka like character, lessened focus of the mechas, musical direction, non trc derived character designs.

Guilty Crown stole mechas from Code Geass.

You are a shame to all green-coloured heroes.

Yoshi's not a hero! He's just a beast of burden. Some people just think he's cute.........or something.

Theonik

Is there a formula for this? It seems like it works but I need to adjust to 30 and 60 for other materials.

http://i.minus.com/ikGtSUsExLsh7.gif

Also thanks everybody for the help.

Edit:Nvm I think I got it. 5 for 30 FPS and 10 for 60 FPS. I think when I was trying to calculate it, I was mixing up some of the math.
The time is how long each frame stays before the next frame replaces it. The time per frame can be worked out by dividing 1 second by the desired framerate. 1/24th of a second is about 0.04 seconds so 4 centiseconds. (really you want 1/23.976th of a second but on a GIF you can't have timings this accurate I think.) by that logic, 30fps video needs to be at 1/30th of a second per frame so 0.03 seconds so 3 centiseconds. And so on.
Edit: And it had to be the post at the top of the page...

Branduil

One issue I'm having with the gifs is the speed. The GAF thread said to use 3/100ths and I'm finding that's too fast. 6/100ths seems rather slow on the other hand.

[im]http://i.minus.com/irr8hO8aIS1gq.gif[/img]

If the animation in the gif is on twos, with each cel of animation displayed two times, you generally cull half of the frames and time it to 8/100ths.

Makoto

Shining Hearts: Rick's Krispy Kreme Donuts 1-3

Rick is such a baller. He just makes bread with three other chicks and they make everyone in town happy. I like how this show stresses how high quality of life can be without big government. The moral is that hard work will pay off. The 99% could really take a few pointers from this show.

Also, this show possesses the ED of the season.

Don't you mofos dare post that gif.

Instro

Hyouka 2

I'm fine with the show continuing in this pattern. I enjoy watching the cast interact to solve everyday mysteries, and the chain of logic is provided in a visually engaging way(which is something it was particularly successful at this week, and something most mystery animes do not do well). The visual storytelling in general in this show is very good, and combines well with a soundtrack and atmosphere that makes the show interesting to me, even if what is actually happening is rather mundane. It reminds me a lot of how K-On is handled really, I think Branduil mentioned this in the other thread, most of what happens is just a vehicle for the characters to get together and interact. If you do not like them, or do not like their chemistry then the show would probably be much less appealing. Seems like it will be a love it or hate it type show. They seem to be hinting at some sort of overarching plot with Eru maybe? We'll see where that goes.

Branduil

Shining Hearts: Rick's Krispy Kreme Donuts 1-3

Rick is such a baller. He just makes bread with three other chicks and they make everyone in town happy. I like how this show stresses how high quality of life can be without big government. The moral is that hard work will pay off. The 99% could really take a few pointers from this show.

Also, this show possesses the ED of the season.

Don't you mofos dare post that gif.

This one?

iWQvuNn0JKnth.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hyouka 2

X3EOc.gif

He knows he's boss. Just look at that grin. What a jammy dodger.

Also worked out why my player was messing up the screenshots.

Jarmel

Banned
The time is how long each frame stays before the next frame replaces it. The time per frame can be worked out by dividing 1 second by the desired framerate. 1/24th of a second is about 0.04 seconds so 4 centiseconds. (really you want 1/23.976th of a second but on a GIF you can't have timings this accurate I think.) by that logic, 30fps video needs to be at 1/30th of a second per frame so 0.03 seconds so 3 centiseconds. And so on.
Edit: And it had to be the post at the top of the page...

Got it.

If the animation in the gif is on twos, with each cel of animation displayed two times, you generally cull half of the frames and time it to 8/100ths.

So for animation gifs in particular I should cull half the frames and just time it to 8/100ths? Is the only purpose of that to make the filesize smaller? Also how do I know if the animation is on twos?

Anyway here is another attempt.

ibdGdaGzbOlHRX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom